Old 09-24-2004, 09:06 AM   #1  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Arrow Daily Question

Questions make us think about who we are, what we're doing, and why we're doing it. They help us stay focused and headed in the right direction. They can also give us insight into our own minds and bodies and show us helpful things we know but seem to have forgotten or ignored.

This thread is dedicated to the pursuit of the most important kind of knowledge: Self-Knowledge. It is designed to make you question yourself, and hopefully find some inspiration along the way.

That said, on to the questions!
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:10 AM   #2  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Question of the Day

In what ways do you think losing weight will change your life?

Some of you have heard this question before, but I'm repeating it because I think it's important. There are both good and bad consequences to everything we do, including losing weight, and there are many consequences we haven't thought about. Try to think of as many possibilities as you can, explore all the options.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:15 AM   #3  
Samantha

The main reason I am losing weight is to boost my self esteem, prove that I AM in control of my own life, and to feel good about myself.

Sam
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:23 AM   #4  
"workin' on my fitness"

For the better: improved health, mobility, lower blood pressure, less risk of heart disease, avoid the diabeties and arthritis that my mother is now enduring. Basically, I think losing weight is the only way I can slow down the aging process, and avoid some of the diseases & afflictions that we've had in our family. I'll look better, feel better, clothes will fit better, I can shop for clothes in any "normal" store instead of having a choice of 3 places.

Bad consequences- not following through. Thinking that losing weight is suddenly going to make me happier in all aspects. Weight loss will not change my sucky job, or the fact that I think I have huge ears, won't stop me from biting my nails when I'm stressed to the max. It's not a cure all. And keeping it off is going to take work, every single day, going forward. Not an easy task.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:51 AM   #5  

All positive, energy level, lower risk in many genetic diseases which run in my family that obesity triggers, a better immune system to fight off things that come along.

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:13 AM   #6  

Default What Ways will Losing Weight Change My Life

More energy

Healthier

Be more attractive to others

Feel more attractive/sexier

Look better on top of my horse (this is very important to me)

Be less pounds for my horse to carry (also very motivating)

Higher Self-esteem - not only to be looking good, but to have achieved a difficult task.

I don't want to simply lose weight. My goal is to have a lifestyle change in the way I eat...not only WHAT I eat, but WHY I eat and WHEN...stop and THINK before I open my mouth. Or at least eat only 1/2 and throw the rest away!!

Birdiegirl
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:50 AM   #7  

QOD:

The main consequence for me will be spending less time trying to wear things that don't "make me look fat"! I'll be able to get ready to out so much more quickly when I don't have to go through half my wardrobe before I look half decent. I've lost almost 20lb so far and I feel so much better about myself already. I know that I look fine now but you're only 20 once and I want to look GREAT!

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:51 AM   #8  

I also agree with Samantha, it's great to realise that I CAN change my weight
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:30 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Dill, You're only 20 once (well I missed looking great at 20... but I'm 22 in January and I want to look and feel my best ever!)!

Also I just want to be able to reach for a bigger size on the clothes rail if the store's sizes are skimped! I'm sick of being the top end of the size range!

For me, my weight is the last thing to fall into place, I have the great bloke, good education (and hopefully good job...) so I guess my weight is the last thing I can change to be happier about myself!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 12:31 PM   #10  
Samantha

[QUOTE=Bad consequences- not following through. Thinking that losing weight is suddenly going to make me happier in all aspects. Weight loss will not change my sucky job, or the fact that I think I have huge ears, won't stop me from biting my nails when I'm stressed to the max. It's not a cure all. And keeping it off is going to take work, every single day, going forward. Not an easy task.[/QUOTE]

I don't really think that these are BAD things about losing weight, just completely separate obstacles. And, I may be wrong, because I have never been there, but I feel like if I do this right, completely change my lifestyle, and learn to eat correctly, and am able to lose 120+ pounds, than keeping it off should be a piece of cake (mmmmm cake???)

Also - 2frustrated, great job on already being happy with your life! Weight is a huge issue (at least for me) but it is not the ONLY issue that we need to deal with.

Sam

Last edited by Samantha2002; 09-24-2004 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:26 PM   #11  

well it would give me more self esteem and allow me to do more of what I would like to do. I would love to go hiking and I just don't feel confident enough to do that yet. Also as soon as I do lower my weight I plan on joining the airforce. Their weight restrictions have rose but I don't want to be at the top of that to go in. I rather feel confident about myself knowing that I can do just as much as the person next to me and hopefully more.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:48 PM   #12  
Bound and Determined

The main thing that will change about my life is being comfortable with myself, and I can already see that happening. I'm much more confident around my BF than I ever was. I'm not stressing about my weight every single moment of every single day (true, I am a little obsessed, but in a good way). I have more confidence in everything that I do. I'm actually starting to think of myself as pretty, which is a big thing for me. Everyone always told me I was pretty, but I never agreed. And while I'm the first to admit that I'm not exactly a supermodel (yet), being able to think of yourself as attractive is a wonderful feeling.

Also along with feeling more confident, I'm feeling a little more... I don't know... adventurous? I talk to people more assertively, I carry myself more assertively. It's almost like I don't mind people noticing me, and I in fact encourage it. I'm wearing different clothes. When I reach my goal weight, I plan to buy all the sexy panties I can afford, because I've never been able to fit into sexy panties before.

As for bad consequences, I agree with Jennifer, although I think most of the "bads" are actually consequences of not following through, which I have no intention of doing. At this point I think not getting to my goal when I've proven I can do it would be even worse than never having lost any weight at all.

Ok, I'm getting rambly.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:02 AM   #13  
Bound and Determined

Question Question of the Day

Why do you eat? Boredom? Anger? Other emotions? Hunger? Habit?
Old 09-25-2004, 10:10 AM   #14  
Samantha

I eat mostly out of boredom. I don't think that I am an emotional eater, but if I don't have anything to do with my hands, I am bored. Mostly at work. See, I take commercial insurance claims over the phone. That is my ENTIRE JOB. When there are no calls coming in, I have nothing to do. So I snack. ALL DAY LONG. I have tried to bring fruit and crackers to work lately, but I wish I could figure out some sort of easy (and not messy) craft to do while at work so that I am not bored. I have also tried reading, but I am very talented, and can read and eat at the same time LOL...so I need something that actually takes both hands. Any ideas for that would be great.

Sam
Old 09-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #15  

Default Why Do I Eat...

1. I feel hungry.

2. I feel ignored ....so for emotional comfort.

3. I am bored.

4. I love food.
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote