Old 01-09-2005, 12:14 AM   #106  
Onward and downward!

Red face Oops!

Hi Chickies,

Confession time! I went out for dinner last night to a wonderful Italian restaurant, and I didn't behave myself! I won't go into all the gory details, but I will tell you every mouthful was delicious .

On the postive side, I went for a 45 minute walk this morning, and am back on track with my food journal.

Have a great day!
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:04 AM   #107  

Hello All!

Wow! Look at all the weekend posts! Thank you all for taking the time to come in .....the support really helps - especially on the weekend when my life is less structured!

Elisha......I hear you on the depression, chickie. And I know there is nothing I can say that will help. Knowing that it will subside is your light at the end of the tunnel.......in the meantime, just keep doing what you know you should.

Jenn.....Sure you are invited to visit! Instead of waiting until the basement project is over, why not come now? And bring your hammer........

Squabb......down 2.2 lbs!! WOOHOO!! Twelve inches of snow? I don't know about you, but they call that a major storm around here.

JavaTurtle.....YES, you do deserve a super job WITH a raise. They just don't give them away to just any yahoo, ya know......you have earned this!

Lauren....hope you and the family are feeling better. Take care!

The family will be here for dinner today......better sign off and start peeling potatoes!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #108  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

I don't know what to say. This morning I am down 0.2 pounds. Better than none, I guess, and that is exactly why I wanted a digital scale with decimal readings. Then, of course, my mom fixed bacon, eggs, and biscuits for breakfast. *rolls her eyes*

Today starts inventory at work. Fun stuff. We get to scan every single item in the store. We'll work late tonight, then go back early tomorrow morning and work until we're done. I probably won't check in tomorrow morning, since that would mean getting up even earlier, and I really don't see that happening. I don't know if I'll check in tonight, because I don't know how late we'll work. I'm going to stay with Steve tonight, since he lives about 20 minutes closer to my job than I do.

Ugh... I don't know. I'm just feeling kind of bleh. I wish I had time to exercise, but I've got so much I have to do before going to work, and not enough time to do it. Maybe I'll use Steve's bike if work doesn't run too late tonight. And I'll definitely have time for it tomorrow evening.

Ok, I'm going to get moving. Have a great day, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #109  

well I haven't posted all weekend but felt the need to come in to write what has been done. Friday I was too worn out to do anything so I took the day off and decided to just push the workout one day back (sunday is my normal day off). I ended up running yesterday, belly dancing and doing power90 sweat. I even went get a new workout since I was in desperate need of something different. Someone mentioned cardio bootcamp so I went get it. Today I did that and power90 circuit. It was good. I enjoyed and it made me sweat alot. That is why I like new workouts, something that my body isn't used to so I can just do that until my body doesn't react any longer. Anyway, no time to comment today. maybe tomorrow I will. Hope you all had a good weekend.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #110  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Sunday Afternoon

Well chickies, if it's not one thing, it's another! Geesh! The computer has been at it again and hubby finally got at least the lap top connected to the internet so I could feel connected to the world (well, at least my all important chickies) again!

I am anxious about this upcoming week! I have decided to do the Southbeach Part One which means I will be dumping all carbs out of my system for 2 weeks which is supposed to give me a 8-12 lb loss. This will hopefull be the kick in the arse I need to get me going again! I've tried the no sugar thing before and can never seem to do it, but did do "NO CARBS" a few years ago trying out the Atkins diet for a month or so! I was able to stay on that until I went on vacation! So, maybe with eliminating all carbs for 2 weeks, kicking the sugar habit won't be as hard! I've stocked up on veggies (can have the low carb ones) and chicken and cheese. Plan to drink plenty of water to keep me hydrated....AND....

I plan to start the workout routine. I'm hoping maybe I can get started this afternoon on the bike for a while. My MP3 player is ready to go with lots of new songs (thanks Jennifer!)!

To keep me motivated, I'm offering an exercise challenge here!!! 30 minutes of cardio and 20-30 minutes of toning 5 days a week! Lisa? You on? Anyone else? I need to get those arms toned, too! I'm still wearing a 16, but I know I could drop a size by the end of the month if I work super hard at this! Just by exercising and then add the diet thing in there and VIOLA! A new me!!! I still have that "Inspiration Dress" hanging on the outside of my closet. Size 12~ !! That goal is to be there by March!

Big news here!!! I got my application for the Adirondack Adventure Camp on Friday. Check is all made out and the application will be mailed tomorrow morning! I'm excited which should be enough to keep me motivated! If anyone has never seen the Adirondacks, you should check it out. This camp that I am going to do the hiking from is located right between Lake George and Lake Placid. We will climb (not with ropes and such, just hiking trails, but vigorous, none the less) 4 different mountains and take one day for sight seeing or whatever! I am just so excited!

Alright chickies...sorry I wasn't here this weekend for you !

Elisha...get out of this funk, girl! Wish I could help you...maybe join us for the exercise challenge! Just for 2 weeks...or even this week!

MsRD...hope you had a good day with the family!

Lucia...glad you enjoyed your dinner! Sometimes, on occassion, it's ok to fall off, as long as you get right back on! And you will!

((((Lisa chickie)))) Sorry you are having these kinds of moments! Anytime you want to chat, just look me up or IM me (Maybe you did...sorry I wasn't there thsi weekend!) Your salad sounds great at dinner! Hope you enjoyed your book!

Lauren...take care of yourself chickie! I hope you and the whole family get better quidck. I know how awful it is!

Mary...hope you enjoyed your time at the "movies'. I watched "Pay it Forward" last night. Have you seen that one? Hubby rented a "family" movie today..."Benji...off the leash!"

That's it for now...hubby is kicking me off! Chat with you all another time!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:01 PM   #111  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi!!!!!! Here it is...already Sun. night. We spent the afternoon watching football on the couch. I typically don't like to watch sports, but - it was really relaxing...just lazing around like that. Unfortunately, I have been feeling yucky. I am so tired..just drained beyond imagination. I don't even feel human! I am taking my vitamins with iron, but I think I need to add in additional iron pill. I found myself just bursting into tears a few times today..goodness!!!! Hopefully, by next week I'll be more like myself. At any rate, I have been getting on the exercise bike for 30 min./day!! I've done this the past 3 days. I'm really excited about that. Food has been good too.

Next week, I'm going to up the exercise a bit..and definitely add the toning!!

I've got all kinds of comments for you all...but my kids are tearing my house down I think!! Let me go check on them real quickly...maybe I can get back on here later tonight .

Take care everybody!! You are all ABSOLUTELY SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean that .

((((hugs and blessings!!!)))),
Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Okay... I am determined to get to at least most of you tonight!

My diet has goen downhill this week due to all the crazy "sickyness" around here BUT everyone seems to be on the mend so I will look at it as a new week with a new start. Hubby is starting his new job tommorow so things should get into more of a routine, too, making diet and exercise easier.

Today was alright with baked chiken and pasta for lunch (no dinner yet - not very hungry for some reason) I played kickball this afternoon with the youth group at church (I am directing a youth Easter drama starting next week, so this was bonding time but also got some good cardio in!)

LUCIA - A splurge every now and then is ok in my book, just enjoy it and don't make it a habit and you'll be fine, I'm sure! Hope the food was yummy! (Italian is my favorite!)

MsRD - Hope the family dinner went okay!

ELISHA - Maybe I need to get one of those digital scales! Hope you feel more motivated soon. I know how those "bleh" days go! Good luck with the exercise!

GABRIELLE - Your daily workouts never cease to amaze and motivate me! Keep it up - you are awesome!

hikein2005 - Good luck with Southbeach... I tried Adkins, but to no avail... However, my aunt lost 40 pounds on Southbeach. I will try your cardio challenge... maybe that will motivate me too!

LISA - I've been trying to do extra vitamins, too, though I tend to have problems remembering them! Good luck adding the toning to your exercise this week. That is always the hardest for me to make myself do!

Ok... I'm sure I've missed some of you, but I can smell the chicken I put in for hubby almost burning so I'd better go!

-Lauren
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:43 PM   #113  
my dad made me1 from wood

Everyone sounds like they are doing great keep up the great work ladies.... I'm still here and sick lol... Ill post when something happens
heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #114  
Onward and downward!

Wink

Hi,

It's midday Monday, and I am still on track. I feel relieved my Italian splurge on Saturday night didn't turn into all day Sunday. That is what has happened in the past, but these healthy habits are just starting to stick

Julie & Lauren - Thanks for your encouragement .

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you tomorrow.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:59 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi all--

It's been a long weekend, but a good one. I'm not going to try to respond to everyone tonight, but hikein2005...I am on for the exercise challenge.

Yesterday I left at 5AM to take my debaters to a tournament. We got back home about 11PM last night. They were AWESOME though...I couldn't be prouder if I tried. So today I went to church and grocery shopped for this week, but I haven't made it to the gym this weekend. I've done pretty well with the eating though. Hopefull this next week will be just as successful. I hope!!

I mentioned my weight loss to my Momma this evening and she asked me how I had done it. I told her exercise and eating right, her response was "Oh well...I'm not going to exercise." Maybe she'll come around eventually though...if I end up moving up there I am confident I can "inspire" that I think...she's doing well with her weight loss too though. My younger sister jokingly commented that she'd lost weight too, but considering she is 112 lbs she better not have...

Anyway...I am still exhausted this evening from the travels yesterday (3 hour trip there and 3 hour trip back, plus the full day of competition) so I think I'm going to head to bed.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Betty
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:12 AM   #116  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Today is it!

Goodbye carbs...hello exercise! I didn't get up in time to do my cardio this morning, but first thing when I get home tonight! The sidewALKS are pretty iced up right now so I won't chance that and try to walk on them!

Had a broccoli, onion, cheese omlette this morning. Lunch is set for salad with chicken breast and some raspberry pecan dressing ( a couple of carbs there) and supper tonight probably some tuna with some veggies.

I actally made coffee this orning and put skim milk in the microwave and then added some SF vanilla syrup. It's not bad, but I do prefer my creamer!!

The exercise challenge is on...

So far, Lisa, Lobocal (Betty), Lauren and me! Anyone else is welcome to join anytime! I'll post the details later! Gotta scoot and get ready for work! I really hate not having Monday's off aNY more!

Hugs to all,
Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #117  
Sono Una Nuova Creazione

Default May I Join The Challenge

Hello Everyone,

I really could use extra support. I'm on WW and seeing good results but I'm ready to kick it into gear. I'm not to far from my 10%. My goals other than weight loss is that I need to really change my mentallity and heal my relationship with food. I am a emotional eater and food is my comfort. I believe with weight loss there should be a total change and not just with the body.
I look forward to meeting all of you.
queen_medegha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #118  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Monday, Monday....

Hi girls! I can't believe it's already after lunch on Monday!! I've been catching up on my ironing all day..boy I had let it get way behind . But, I think I'm getting close to catching it all up!! Yay! I went to the GNC and got some new vitamins and some high potency B-12 supplements. I have got to get out of this tired, weepy thing I am going through. Enough is enough!! Food has been good today...gotta boost up the water intake though. No exercise yet (except pushing that iron back and forth - does that count???) I'm thinking of trying a new exercise class tonight. My Mom goes to the water aerobics class here, and I am considering joining her. We'll see....

MsRd - I am so impressed!! You cut your diet Cokes down to just the weekends!!!??? I can't imagine being so strong!! They are such a weakness to me. That's really, really terrific!

Jenn. - Hi there!! Are you having a good Monday at work?? I hope so. Hope you are doing well.

Joy - Do you still have some snow? It's sunny here, although I hear some flurries may come this weekend - I doubt that. Good job girl, on being down 2.2!!

Mary - How were the chick flicks?? I watched "How to Lose A Guy in 10 days", and just loved it!!!

Lucia - WTG on getting back on track after your Italian treat. That's awesome.

Lauren - Are you guys feeling better?? I sure hope so!!

Elisha - How about you?? The depression lifting for you any? I know firsthand how miserable that can be. Hang in there.

Gab - What was the exercise today?? Power90?? or Bellydancing?? Or both? You are doing so good!!

Julie - I know how much you have been looking forward to going to that camp!! Cool!! And good luck to you on phase 1. You can do it! (Just spit back out the things you aren't allowed to have!! ) I am proud of you!

Scorchin - Are you feeling better??? Hope so!

Betty - Glad the tournament went well! Hope you have a good day!

Christina - Welcome! We are so glad to have you! I'm doing WW too...and I think quite a few others are as well.

Well.......off to get some stuff done. Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #119  

Unfortunately, I was up .3 at this week's WI. Some of it might have been fluid retention, since I've been getting back into my exercise schedule. Have another class tonight, and I'm getting a friend to come so that will be very cool. Food is going pretty well - had a bad day Saturday but I think I got most of the stress-related stuff out of my system.

Happy Monday to all!
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #120  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Christina! Of course you can join us! Make yourself right at home!

Happy Monday, everyone! Super-busy day at the office- unbelievable, even! All good things, of course. I'm just peeking in quickly- had to run to the bank once I got home, now I'm nuking beef & barley soup for dinner- soup plus a turkey breast sammitch, and then it'll be time to sit down and watch the 2nd half of the season premiere of 24. Lisa, ya watching??? I know you're a big fan, too!

Tomorrow morning, time to be up & get at least my mile in, and I'll post from work, hopefully earlier than I got in here today. Food good, water good, and I'm taking today as a rest day since yesterday I spent 3 hours running around behind hubby. Long story- to be told tomorrow when I have time to hang out more.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and a decent Monday.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote