Old 01-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #151  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 7

Today is a good day so far. Granted, I just got up, but I got to sleep in a little since I don't have to work until later, and Steve made me coffee, and there are avocados in the kitchen waiting for me to eat them (for me, any day with avocado is a good day). I'm so glad they're allowed on the SBD.

Julie--Way to go, chick! Good job on the loss AND on staying away from sugar! We know how hard it is, but you're doing GREAT! Stay strong, sista! You're inspiring me about this South Beach Diet thing... I can't wait to get started!

The past few days food hasn't been wonderful, nor water. I haven't really been keeping track. I got out of the habit over the holidays, and I just can't get it to stick again. But I will, I promise I will. I was looking at my body while I was in the shower... I don't want to be fat anymore. I'm sick of it. Besides that, I feel like if I do go to school for nutrition, if I'm fat I'll feel like a hypocrite, and I don't want that.

So I've gotta pick myself up and get back on the wagon. South Beach, here I come!

Ok, I've gotta go home and get ready for work now. Bleh.

Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:05 AM   #152  

Hey people!

Seem likes you're all doing great. I know I've been skiving but I've had a touch of diet boredom. Still, with my sister and mum both dieting I've not put any weight on over christmas so that's cool. I'm getting a new exercise gadget thing which I'm sure was a gimmick but I thought it might get me motivated. I'd like to get toned and get my body fat percentage down.

I'm sorry if I'm not here a lot but I have finals in May which count for 100% of my degree.

Anyway good luck all!

Eilis
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:40 AM   #153  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Wow, it's freaky warm here. Spooky!

Freaky weird and warm outside. It's over sixty degrees! We should be buried under snow by now. I hope this isn't some sort of omen. I know it's a sign of old age when you start talking about the "old days", but when I was a kid, we had snow on the ground from fall to spring. None of this weird warm up and start over weather. Feels odd to me. But anyway, I'm going to go outside and take advantage of it. Fill my bird feeders, breath in some sunshine. It's supposed to go back to being winter tomorrow (of course, I've got outside details to do Saturday and Sunday ). Better get my long johns out. Yes, I have long johns, they're pink!

Hope all are doing well.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:52 AM   #154  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default making an early appearance

Ok, this is early for me- got the little stuff out of the way, and now I have 5 mins. Been trying to read posts & catch up between calls & stuff. I really like my new position. And if I find ways to keep the little maniac shadow busy, she's not over me so much.

I did the 2 mile WATP last night, and then even got 15 minutes of aerobic dancing in. I'm sure I looked like an idiot, but that's the great thing about being home with no one watching...you can pretend you are a booty dancer & not worry about looking ridiculous! I'm sure my partner in crime who I was talking to would agree!

Got up this morning and did my 1 mile. I'll have to add up my minutes- I know 1 mile = 15 min on those tapes. Gotta look at what I did, and add that to my signature when I do my official weigh in & make all my changes. Woo hoo!

Plan for the day:

AM exercise
1 mile WATP

Breakfast
1 chocolate mint Zone bar
1/3 cup soy smart start
12oz diet coke
vitamins!

Lunch
3/4 cup brown rice
3/4 cup chili
1oz fat free shredded cheddar
diced peaches

PM exercise
2 miles WATP
resistance bands & UB while watching Thurs night TV

Dinner
TBD

Julie- way to go on the loss so far. I'm in on the exercise challenge. Stay away from that crap, now!

Lucy- hopefully we'll see you before we hit 18 pages! Hope all is well.

Lauren- how's everything going?

MsRD- a big old Woo Hoo! on the pants. Oh woman...granola bars- the nature valley cruncy ones- toasted almond- are my downfall. Soooo good- and yet, so bad for you when you eat an entire box!

Heather- hope you are feeling better soon- we miss you!

Joy- that .8 is just water- I know it! As far as low impact exercise, I know many of us here swear by Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds (WATP). It has worked for me- big time.

Gabrielle- glad you are safe and sound. This place is so great for finding the motivation when we need it most.

Elisha- did you find your wallet? And kudos on the 201- see, that was all just water & the inflammation- you're kicking tushie.

Lucia- seems like great news from the nutritionist. We can all stand to learn a thing or 2 (or 6!) from them!

Mary- just looking at your ticker....girl, look how far you have already come. What a battle it has been! We're in this for the long haul, every step of the way. You inspire the crap out of me, too...and you know that, but I have to say it every now & again.

Eilis- good to see you! Good luck on your finals. Oooh, what's the gadget?
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #155  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Just checking in as well

I'm at work now. But that's not always a bad thing. I LOVE my new job. It was so warm on the way in that I had the sun roof open and all the windows down. As Jennifer's Mama says, I blew the stink off me.
I'm just reading everyone's posts and journals and waiting for the tempurature to drop, the winds to die down and the snow to come. Oh well, I knew it couldn't last. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:41 PM   #156  

Well today is very good so far. Even though I didn't get to bed until 1 this morning (dd decided everytime she dozed off she wanted to wake up again as soon as she got in bed... happened 3 times), I got up at 530 and worked out. Sat down for about 30 minutes eating and stuff. I did 2 rounds of my circuit training, power90 circuit, and even dusted off an old dvd (kickbutt). I had forgotten how much I loved that workout and it made me sweat. I think my body is too used to the other things that I do. Didn't do taebo today since that is a tape and our VCR is in the bedroom. DH was still sleeping so couldn't do it which I am glad that I didn't since that is the only reason that I did kickbutt. Happy for that and will add it to my schedule 3 days a week.

Food has been good. We went to Mcdonalds and instead of getting a double cheeseburger like dh or a cheeseburger like dd, I got a grilled chicken bacon ranch salad. It was so good and I am glad that I got it. This morning was cereal and water... so far 4 bottles of water. Yesterday was 5 but today will be 6 so that is good. Don't really know what will be done about tonight but that is alright. I will figure tath out. I may just eat cereal again. Not sure though. Really proud of myself though. DH has been wanting lemon cupcakes and I finally did some today. I did not even lick the spoon. Not one taste of it. Temptation won't be here too long. This is my hubby's favorite and the last time I did them he ate 20 in 4 days. Not good for him (which I told him that) but good for me. That means I MAY have one but I am only given myself that option IF I lose atleast 2 lbs this week.

Yesterday food was good. I only ate 1010 calories although that may be too little for me but I was full most of the day. Today so far, I only have half of taht which means I can have something a little bigger tonight to eat.

Now for the comments...

Julie- Congrats on the loss. That is amazing. Thanks for that advice too. Yesterday, before getting online, I decided to start counting calories. Only had 1010 yesterday and plan about the same today. I have alittle over 500 calories to spare for tonight so tath is good. And I do rest when it is needed (usually lose about 1-2 lbs the time I rest but I just took a rest not too long ago (usually that means 2-3 days off) I do take atleast one day off during the week though to make sure that I am not hurting myself. That day is coming up so that is good.

Jennifer- Yeah I would like to have Jillian to workout with too. She is amazing and did amazing work with them.

Joy- Believe me, I don't have an endless supply of energy. I wish I did. That is why I workout in the mornings, by afternoon I am dragging. Oh and just let me know if you want something for cardio or toning or what. I have a little of just about everything.

Sorry but I am not able to comment on everyone's. Can't even read anymore since dd is getting very fussy. She is just tired but is being stubborn (wonder where she gets that from. LOL). I will try to get back on later and finish up.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:38 PM   #157  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default No Loss!

Today, anyway! And I know I shouldn't weigh in every day, but boy did I sure like seeing that scale go down for 3 days in a row! It was like heaven to mine eyes!!!

I need to start posting my food eaten during the day here if for nothing else but accountability! So...here goes with today:

B-fast: 2 egg omlette w/ broccolli, onion & a sprinkle of cheddar cheese
SF Rasp./Vanilla Latte 16 oz., Water

No AM snack

Lunch: Not the healthiest, but did have some green beans, the innards of lasagne (left the noodles on my plate!). Water. And I snuck a little taste of a "brownie bite" that was about 1 inch by 1 inch! Shame!

PM snack: the usual jello w/ FF cool whip

Supper: Thank Goodness hubby was fixing it when I walked in the door! I was soooo hungry! He was making garlic chicken and noodles and was going to mix the noodles (teriayaki) with the chicken and I told him NO! He also was going to heat up a can of green beans, but I suggested fresh steamed broccoli instead! So I had chicken with some ranch dressing, and brocolli (is that 2 c's or 2 l's????) LOL!! and water!

I'm kindof getting hungry for some fruit! I feel like even just after supper or a meal, that I would like a little something...a few grapes or canteloupe or something. I know that this is only for 2 weeks and I do want to drop as much as possible...so I guess I will just have to buck up, baby!!!!

Oh, and I didn't get the exercise in this morning even though I went to bed before 10 last night! I have just been whipped in the morning...and like Mary...our weather has been freaky too, pretty much the same thoughts she had! So the darkness of the rain/snow/warm/cold has been difficult to drag the bootie out of bed 30 minutes earlier. Tonight I will do my toning while I watch a movie with hubby and DD.

Elisha...yup! I have 2 avacados in the fridge too. How/in what do you eat them? I like them on sandwiches, but how else (since we can't eat sandwiches right now!) ?

Jennifer...Your days sound busy and fun filled! And your exercising is going great! Be sure to do your signature line with the minutes so I can make sure I'm not falling too far behind you! And thanks for the reminder on staying away from the crap!

Hugs to all of you! I'll be back later tonight after I workout for accountability!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:54 PM   #158  

Hello All

Wow! sorry I was in abstentia yesterday, but was "feeling poorly", as Grandma used to say......came home after work yesterday, had dinner, and slept in the chair until bedtime. Today is better. Breakfast was yogurt & toast & tea......lunch was granola bar & yogurt...mid-afternoon was some saltine crackers.......dinner was salisbury steak, potatoes & veggies. Lots of water too!

Now......time to catch up.......

Elisha.......congrats on the great GRE scores. Don't fret about finding your niche in life....I still can't decide what to be when I grow up!

Julie......oookkkkkkk.....I'm in for the Exercise Challenge. I will be doing the 30 minutes for 5 days a week......that is an uptick more than I am doing now, so that will get me moving! Great going on avoiding those sweets! I try to avoid the lunchroom when I know there are goodies in there......or I go in when there are a lot of people around and I don't want to embarrass myself by shoving food in my round little face!

Lucia......I am glad you are giving the nutritionist a good try......1500 calories doesn't sound like that much, so I think you will still have a weight loss. Keep us posted on your progress!

Lisa......it sounds like you are getting your 'perk' back! Having some sunshine certainly helps elevate your mood.

Gabrielle......sometimes doing my workout actually pumps up my energy! That hard part is getting up off the couch in the first place!

JavaTurtle.....good to see you! Enjoy that sunshine while you can! Yesterday, we had temps in the upper 50s.....rain......hail.....heavy fog....a little something for everyone!

Jenn.....how nice of you to have a welcome back party for your manager. I'm sure she loved it! And good for you for planning in advance for the party treats.....that is probably why the scale is registering those lower numbers!

Squabb......sorry about the scale 'misfortune', but good for you for not letting it get you down! Stay focused! We can do this!

Dilleight......great to see you again, chickie! I know you are busy and we appreciate you popping in. No gain over the holidays? You are my hero!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:06 PM   #159  
"workin' on my fitness"

evening, chickies.

Ok, I came home, changed, and before anyone could interrupt me, I did my 2 miles WATP express with the stretchie. There is 1 particular part that gets me panting & sweating & making the hips & thighs burn like I'm really doing something. Around the mid point, there's a block of knee lifts. Not 4, or 8, or even 20...there are 88 knee lifts. Ok, I could probably make it easier by lifting the knees lower, but noooo...idiot me lifts the knees until the thigh is parallel to the floor- full on up knee lift. I need to be committed. I really do.

After cursing Leslie Sansone, I cooled down, tried to dry the dripping sweat out of my hair (it's a gross mess now) and I nuked a taco rollup for dinner. Now, I've earned some down time. I'm going to go watch Joey, and Will & Grace. UB and resistance bands during that, so I'll still be moving this carcass. Tomorrow I'll check back & do the math on the exercise so far.

More in the morning....have a great night, chickies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:13 PM   #160  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Yay Dragon!

And to anyone else doing well too. To the rest of us.... come on. We can do better.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:48 PM   #161  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello everyone

Okay chickees I gotta make it quick tonight..... CSI is on and then Without A Trace and they are on the remind for me FOR ME I never get to watch what I want and DH put the reminder on for me.... he must miss watching TV with me. I refuse to sit and watch TV unless it's something I really want to watch. This is pretty new for me ... I was tired of wasting time on TV ... probably since the Fall..... I just spend more time on the internet.... oh well at least its not mindless here

I've finally had a good day. I got up at 4:30 am and exercised... after I had to wake upp DH because I couldn't figure out how to get the DVD to go. During my morning coffee I did a 15 minute walk and during lunch I went for 30 minutes. And... this is what I've eaten today

Breakfast

Kashi Go Lean w/skim milk (5)

Lunch

Turkey, jarlsberg cheese and a pickle on
calebrese multigrain bun (5)

Snack

Bag of popcorn (2)

Dinner

Salad with pickled mushrooms & garlic w/ff dressing (1)
5 oz (approx) game (venison & deer) steak (5)
1/2 c brown and wild rice (2)
cauliflower --

Snack
1/2 bag popcorn (1)
1/2 pkg ff chocolate pudding (3)

WHO HOO only used 24/26 points allowed.

Gotta go and try to figure out how to change my signature for the exercise challenge. Will check in in the morning.

Keep up the great work everyone. And thanks for the advise about WATP, Jennifer. I'm going to see if I can rent it first to see if I like it.

Joy
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #162  

well today will be a lazy day for me. I woke up at 530 to find myself all stopped up so decided to sleep in and get much needed rest. Got another 3 hours of sleep and just don't feel like doing anything at all but relaxing. I guess today is my off day and I will workout on my usual off day (sunday). I just feel like I need it so am taking it.

I did get on the scale today. Looks like I am down 1.5 lbs. I am now 142.5. That motivated me and I even got dressed to workout out... then I sat down and didn't move. Doesn't happen too often so I figured that that is alright. I am happy with the loss. Very happy! Hadn't seen it go anywhere but 144-146 in the past few weeks (yo-yo for a while). Pleases me.

I let my sister know since she is at 141.5 and trying to lose some too. She has been sick the last week so hasn't been able to do anything. She hasn't even gone to her bellydancing classes (she's the one that got me into it) this week. My BIL's Bday is today so they are going to eat out so she isn't thrilled about it but figures that it is a special occasion so is alright with it.

MsRd- That really isn't a problem for me. I don't even allow myself to get comfortable before I start to workout. I usually wake up early to workout. That is pretty much my motivation to do it. I mean, I have no other reason to wake up that early so if I do get up at 5-530, then I won't allow myself to do anything but sweat.

Anyway, I am about to go take a walk with dd (the only exercise I will do today) since I want out of the house and she has energy so I will get on another time. Hope everyone is doing well.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:14 PM   #163  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Cool Hey Chicky Poohs

How goes it with you all? Winter has returned to the great state of West Virginia. I guess I knew it would , but those warm temps were SOOOOO nice! Driving to work with the sun roof open and the windows down, wind blowing through my hair (if I had any). Wow. It was dreamy . But *POOF* back to reality.

I ate breakfast today, I did one mile of an older WATP DVD version, I ate lunch before leaving the house, and per Jennifer/Dragon's instructions, I did 88 knee lifts. Actually, I accidentally did 90. But whose counting? I AM !!! But that was just getting up by my chair here at the office and doing them. Hers were in conjunction with a real work out. But I did them, so there

Have a great evening people. I'm almost done with my water goal (already!) go Turtle! Go Turtle! No, I mean really go! Woooo I'm wearing a path to the potty. Embarrssing when I have to ask an officer to come in and watch my post for me, whilest I go unto the potty.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:10 PM   #164  

Happy Friday!

Sure glad the weekend is here! The weather has turned bitterly cold and they say it will stay that way for at least a week or more. At least I will get exercise running up and down stairs to put wood on the fire!

Jenn.....88 knee lifts! I am impressed! I thought I was doing well with 50.....and now there you are raising the bar to challenge me again!

Gabrielle.....so sorry you are feeling punky. Get some rest.....and, while you are at it, pat yourself on the back for your continued losses! If I ever get down to 142, I will be positively giddy.

Mary....you are doing a great workout! Remember now......2 less knee lifts tomorrow!

Julie.....I did my 30 minutes of exercise last night. Whew......I have been skating by on 15-20 minutes, so adding those extra 10 really pushes me to my limit. Hope it gets easier as the weeks go by!

tomorrow is happy weigh-in day. I have been feeling so much better this week.....clothes fitting better.....more energy.......gosh, I hate to get on the scale and find the real truth! LOL
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #165  
Pending Email Confirmation

Cool

Morning 30 minutes
Morning Coffee 15 minutes
Lunch 30 minute

B - 1 cup kashi golean (4)
1/2 cup skim milk (1)

S - Apple (1)

L - Turkey, Jarlsberg, Pickle
Calebrese Bunwich (5)

S - Popcorn (1)

D - Thai Pumpkin Soup (1)
6 Flatbread (2)
1/2 cup brown rice (2)
coleslaw w/ginger & cashews (4)
stir fried pork (3)
W/thai sauce & sesame (1)

S Yoghurt & kashi (2.5)

Points used 27.5 - oops allowed 26
Points burned doing WW workout 2 - 25.5 - maybe I will have some popcorn ??? I burned at least 2 points walking for 45 minutes

Okay.... ...I started munching on flat bread last night and must have ate 12 of the suckers that's another 4 points DEFINATELY OVER NOW.

I've made a NEW RULE - no more food in the office only herbal tea and water....

I guess I didn't post this last night - so here it is now.

Have a great weekend everyone.... I'm off to do the free exercise DVD I got from Weight Watchers.

Last edited by squabb56; 01-15-2005 at 11:48 AM.
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote