Old 01-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #16  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Julie...sweetie, I hope you are feeling better today!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:18 AM   #17  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Ok, chicks, so here's the goals I promised:

1. Pay off as much debt as possible and quit spending money on stupid crap.
2. Actually save some money. I want to have at least $500 in my savings account by 2006. I know it's a measley amount, but it's something I've never had before. You gotta start somewhere, right?
3. Lose 40-45 pounds. To do this I will:
Lose at least 5 pounds per month
Eat within my daily calorie budget
Exercise 4-5 days per week
Strength train 3-4 days per week
Yoga or pilates 3 days per week
Slendercises every day
Drink at least 64 ounces of water every day
Eat more fruits and vegetables
Eat more unprocessed/whole foods.

I've already made out my workout schedule for the month, starting with today, and budget worksheets. Today I'm going to clean up the mess I call my room so I can actually have some space to breathe, and exercise. Organization is a wonderful thing, when you actually have it.

I've printed out my goals for the year, and I'm going to hang them on my wall, right next to my door, where I will see them every day. I wrote it up like a contract, signed and dated. At the bottom it says:

I, Elisha, will accomplish these goals in 2005. They will be kept forefront in my mind and I will work toward them every day. I will not allow minor setbacks to deter me. I will not allow others to interfere with my success. I will accomplish these goals in 2005.

I challenge each and every one of you to write your own contract with yourself. The words don't have to be the same, but it always helps to have it in writing. Keep it somewhere you can see it.

Also, I think it's time to start up my daily quotes/questions again, but this time it's going to be a little different. I'm only going to use one thread (which I'll post right after I'm done here), and it could be either a quote, a question, or some interesting nutrition/diet information. You may already know some of the stuff I'll post, but some you probably won't. I'll try to keep it random so you never know what you're going to get. If anyone has anything they want to add, PM me, or feel free to post it yourself.

Julie, I'm up for an exercise challenge if you are! Let's get going!

Ok, time to get moving. I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend, and best of luck with your goals!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #18  
LucyKitty

Hey! OF COURSE I'm here! Just a little late...

My goals for the year are:

* Lose the last 25 lbs and get back to my 'normal' weight of about 145, and size of about 9/10.
* Take my vitamins, including the extra folic acid that I need every day, because we want to start trying for kids NEXT January.
* Keep up my healthy eating habits, which shouldn't be too hard.
* Drink as much water per day as I can manage to drink!
* Do 3 hours of DDR per week (after we move)
* Lose 10 lbs or so for the first couple months of '05!

My doc suggested, since he couldn't put me on any prescription meds, to try Trimspa. Nobody is whining at me about this. *puts foot down!* Nutritionist said it was OK, too. SO. Since I have friends who've had success with it... I AM DOING IT!

Next paycheck, on Jan. 14, I am ordering the stuff and starting on it!

A big personal goal for 2005 is to get over myself and, once I've lost this last 25-ish lbs of weight, find a bathing suit.

Not a two piece. Not even a daring 1-piece. Just something comfy that looks okay. AND WEAR IT IN PUBLIC WITH MY FRIENDS THIS SUMMER! I am going to work hard for this one!

Another big goal for myself is to really get tough on my ab muscles. We're going to start trying in Jan of '05, and I am NOT about to go into a pregnancy and labor with weak abs!!! (Stronger abs are proven to make labor easier and less painful!)

I hope you all had a safe and happy New Year! LET'S KICK SOME BUTT THIS YEAR CHICKIES!!!!!!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Well, so far I am doing okay with my goals - I stayed within my calorie and fat limit yesterday and drank plenty of water, though I didn't get any exercise in except a short run with my dog.

Everyone seems to have some great goals - lets all stick to them!

-LAuren
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:29 PM   #20  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm a wreck!

OK chickies...I need some positive vibes/prayers or whatever you can manage sent my way here!

Aside from the intestinal flu, which seems to be lingering now for day 2...I have a major problem with my left hand. I went to the Dr. last week but I'm pretty sure she mis-diagnosed me. I did some research on the internet and from the conclusion I have made (I know I'm not a Dr., but anyone could do this test if they knew anything about anatomy) is that there is a bone in my wrist which is unstable or fractured...causing me great pain with any kind of extension or side ways movement! I think it is irritating the muscles/tissues around the bone which is when I have the pain! Anyway...I am going to call my Doc in the morning and see if I can get in with an ortho Doc to have them correctly diagnose and treat. I'll tell you what, I could use some heavy duty drugs right now with this flu and the hand issue! And those prayers wouldn't hurt! Thanks!

Other than that...I'll be ready for this challenge when my body is ready, but until then I am just lying low, I'm sorry to say! I will try with the food thing but I just don't have an appetite at all!

Sorry for the whiny post...Wish I could be more inspiring and motivating. I really NEED to be motivated because I really NEED to get this weight off! By the time this flu goes away, I should be down the 5# I gained!

Lisa...thanks for the well wishes! I appreciate that! Hope that you are well and I love the Ralph Marston quotes!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #21  

hikein2005 -

I'm sorry your new year has begun so badly! I am sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!

I would go to an orthopedic for your hand. I had a fracture in my foot a few months ago that the ER docs insisted was just a bruise... 4 weeks later, it was still hurting so bad I went to an orthopedic and he found a hairline fracture in the x-ray that the other docs had missed. This is just one story... I have lots of joint problems, and can tell you from experience that most normal doctors are not great at diagnosing them. In the mean time - take some Aleve or naproxen (or celebrex if you have it) - that will help more than anything else!

Good luck! Hope you are able to be more active very soon!

-Lauren
Old 01-02-2005, 06:23 PM   #22  
Bound and Determined

Ok, so my dad helps me fix my treadmill this afternoon. Turns out that the rubber coating on the front bar was peeling back and wrapping around. In the process of fixing that we managed to cut the actual walking belt. Great. Now it just makes a different annoying noise.
So anyway, I actually work out today. Slendercises as warm-up, then I climb on the treadmill. I was planning on doing 30 minutes, but at minute 24 it starts screeching and the front bar starts wobbling and clunking. So I get off before it falls apart completely and I end up breaking an ankle or something like that. That would be just what I need.
Yeah, so we fixed the treadmill, but it still doesn't work. How's that for luck?

I just want something to work! That's all!

*sigh*

But I did go on to do my UB circuit, pilates, and more Slendercises as a cool-down. And I'm more than half way through my 4th 16-oz. glass of water, and I'm sure there will be more to come tonight.

I guess I'll just have to go back to the stairclimber, or walk outside when it's warm enough. Or save some $ and get something else. (Yeah right, like I have any money.)
Maybe I'll just take a few days off of work and drive to sunny Florida and take Jennifer up on her "come and get it and it's yours" treadmill offer.

Ok, now to scrounge up something healthy to eat. Then a bit more room cleaning, shower, facial, perhaps manicure/pedicure, relaxing for the rest of the evening. I'll be back later. Hope everyone is doing great!
~Elisha
Old 01-02-2005, 06:40 PM   #23  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren2pink
hikein2005 -

I'm sorry your new year has begun so badly! I am sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!

Good luck! Hope you are able to be more active very soon!

-Lauren
Lauren,
Thank you for the prayers! I can use them for sure! ...I'm filling up on Ibuprofen this afternoon. I will try some Alleve tonight at bedtime! Now, if I can just get rid of this diarrhea! Oh well, the weight will be off in no time, right??

Gosh, tell me all about your ortho problems! Never good for working out unless you do lots of low resistance stuff!
Hugs!
Old 01-02-2005, 07:14 PM   #24  

Hello all!

Everything is so enthusiastic and all have such great goals! We are going to go places this year! I had to get on the scale this morning.......for my official 2005 starting weight......and found I had only gained 1 pound over the holidays! Christmas is the time for miracles!

Hikein.....hugs & prayers going your way, chickie. That flu has been nasty......they're dropping like flies at work......try Imodium for the diarrhea. As for the wrist.....maybe you should go to the emergency room.....they could diagnose it right away and recommend an ortho person for followup.

JavaTurtle.....how great to see you again! You really ended 2004 on a good note.....new job, no stress......there's no end to what you will be able to accomplish now! Even if you don't post, I will know you are there....and you should know we are always here for you too!

Squabb......quite an impressive list of goals! And at years end, you will have quite a list of accomplishments too!

Lisa....great Ralph Marston quote! I am going to print it out.....a reminder that every positive day makes me that much closer to my goal.

Elisha.....that is one impressive contract! It does make a difference when you write your goals out. Put the word out that you are looking for a new treadmill......you would be surprised how many folks have one collecting dust somewhere and will be glad to get rid of it!

Lucy......keep us posted on Trimspa.....I will be interested to hear how it works. BTW, what is DDR?

Lauren.....a run with the dogs is exercise.....and it counts!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:28 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikein2005

Gosh, tell me all about your ortho problems! Never good for working out unless you do lots of low resistance stuff!
Hugs!
I used to figure skate competitively, soo... in addition to bad genetics, my joints are just all torn up from too many harsh landings, etc.

It is hard for me to find the right workout - especially cardio. Even with lots of meds, I can only run or power-walk short distances. I basically stick to the stationary bike or eliptical at the gym and do yoga and power yoga at home and at a yoga studio. I have been told that water aerobics would be good for me, but I can't afford it right now. I think I am switching my gym budget over to the YMCA next month though, so I should be able to start that there.

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:11 PM   #26  

Well, ladies, I managed to stay within my fat and calorie intake today, though I haven't yet met my water requirement. I did do a yoga session, so that makes one down and three to go for the week. No cardio yet - I meant to go over to our complex's fitness center and use the bike today, but never made it and now it is dark and rainy out... Oh well- perhaps tommorow!

-Lauren
Old 01-02-2005, 09:35 PM   #27  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!

I've decided to start posting my food intake again (here as well as on the journal, which means I have to do journal entries too), because I know it helps to keep me on track. So here's what I ate today.

Breakfast:
1 cup of coffee with creamer
2 scrambled eggs with shredded cheese in a flour tortilla

Lunch:
3 potato and cheese pierogies
Salad with light Italian dressing

Dinner:
Grilled chicken with roasted red pepper sauce in flour tortilla
Sauteed zucchini and onion
Applesauce

Water is approaching 96 ounces for the day. Calories are at 1518. Fat/protein/carb ratio is 33/28/39, which means my carbs are way low. But I've still got about 350 calories in my budget, so I may just sneak in some light popcorn or some hot chocolate or something. We'll see.

Here's the thing though: I feel like I've done really well today, with everything. I exercised, I ate well (i.e. kept my calories under control), I didn't snack, I drank my water, I cleaned my room, and I even managed to get in a bubble bath. Usually my days off are the hardest days to stay on track, because I don't have a schedule and I've got nothing stopping me from eating whenever I want. But today I did well. I feel like this is a great start to what's going to be a great year. I'm feeling optimistic again, and that is definitely a good thing.

Ok, it's time for me to sign off for the night. I've got tomorrow off from work too, so I'll be checking in frequently. Hope everyone is doing great!
~Elisha
Old 01-02-2005, 11:35 PM   #28  

Elisha - sounds like a great start! Glad you are feeling so optimistic!

I cheated tonight and had too much butter and cheese on my baked potato, so I blew my fat grams after all. However, my calories were still way low so I decided to forgive myself!

-Lauren
Old 01-03-2005, 01:05 AM   #29  
Pending Email Confirmation

Red face

Evening everyone

It's great to feel all the positive vibes : coming from this site. Nothing like a new year to renew your spirit.

Elisha - I think I'll follow your lead and post my food intake as well as exercise done. Glad to see you feeling so positive.

Lauren - I have joint problems too (ostheoarthritis) and have found aquasize a great work out. Actually went to a aqua-pilates class which was great too. I think you should make your gym budget a priority, you are worth it!

Hikein Julie - Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Don't worry about exercising or dieting while you are not feeling well. Make sure to get those fluids in. Did you have a xray done of your wrist? I've heard of a small bone in your wrist that is difficult detect and to heal. Can't think of the name of it now... Take care of yourself.

LLucy - Good luck with the Trimspa.... hope it works out for you Congratulations on your decision to start trying.... this will be exciting.... keep us informed... Did you check with your Doctor about this diet to see if it's okay to do before conceiving..... tiny bodies need all the nutrients from mom... don't forget to take folic acid....

MsRD - Good for you up only one pound over the holidays (I was up 2 - and it's not quite over yet.)

Jennifer, JavaTurle, Lisagirl .... How's it going?

Food Today (with points) I'm down to 26 points allowed now

B- Oatmeal/Plain yoghurt (3)
Banana (2)

L- Pea/Pork Soup (5)
Rye Crisp (1)
Crab spread (3)
Almond Tart (too much)

D - Moose steak (3) small portion
1/2 c wild & long grain rice (3)
Brocolli Slaw (2)
Beans --

Crab spread/water crackers (too much)
Popcorn (1)
1/2 almond tart (too much)

Obviously I had far too many too much(es) and did not stay within points

Exercise - did some sanding in my ensuite.... swam 1/2 mile at the pool tonight.

It will be nice to get back into routine on Tuesday ... and back into having a safe home that is treat free.

Well this has ended up being a small novel.... Cheers everyone .... and here's to a successful day tomorrow and a successful year!

Last edited by squabb56; 01-03-2005 at 01:14 AM.
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:48 AM   #30  
motomom

Default Monday Morning

Morning chickies!
I thank you all for the good wishes, positive vibes and just general concern. Yesterday I planned to stay home today, but there are things I can do at work and I am not going to worry about filing. Someone else can worry about that! My hand is obviously inflamed by looking at it compared to the other, but I can use my right hand thankfully to write with! And I have a whole month's worth of progress notes to catch up on! Geesh!

I think the diarrhea is gone...maybe! If that has subsided I will stay at work most of the day. Of course it has been replaced by a stiff neck!!!
Guarding this hand when I am sleeping is causing me to become rigid!

My goal for the day is to get all my water in (I want to drink 80 oz). Not only is that positive but I'm hoping that will flush whatever crap I have out of my body!!!

That's all I'm shooting for today! It seems pathetic, but hey...after the last few days, it's a start! And if I can do more, well it will be a bonus!

You all are so motivated! I'm proud to be a member of this group...just wish I could contribute more! Thanks for being here!