Old 09-29-2004, 11:46 AM   #391  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Donna - I don't live far at all from Atlanta. Go Braves!!!!!!!!!! Glad you will be coming to God's Country...LOL!! 19 years of marriage - that is terrific! I've been married 10 1/2 years to my DH. And, as for comfort level...yes that is so important...it's like the times I am so strict and allow myself no treats, and eat the minimum - I fall off the wagon and don't climb back on for a long while!

Julie - Glad you are feeling better!

Yikes!!!!!!!!! I lost track of the time - I've got to go get my kids at preschool!!!!!!!!!!
Be back to finish comments.........
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:15 PM   #392  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Quick entry. I got a ribbon!

WW meeting this morning. I did NOT expect to lose (seriously, I hate when people are acting like they've gained and then get all squealie shrieking when they lose) but I DID lose. I lost four pounds and got a Ten Pound Ribbon. I was floored.

My sister threw down the gauntlet and challenged me to walking 100 miles in October and told me to buy a WW pedometer. I agreed, since I have a running track and my "jo-wuffling" on my side I figured I'd walk circles around her. But they were out of pedometers. I think I'll use one of my others and see if I can't whup up on her (even if it's not a registered WW pedometer). I do so love a good challenge.

Gotta jet. Too many things I should be doing. Like figuring out lunch for today and two double shift days on Thursday and Friday. Aye aye aye. Help me!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #393  

Hi everyone -
Just wanted to say that although I have been checking in and reading through everyone's posts I am taking a "break" this week. Highly stressed and sad. At least when I am like this it diminishes my hunger to about nothing. I haven't been exercising, but I haven't been eating much either. Have been glugging water, but that's because I always do anyway. Hope this funk lifts soon.
sparked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:07 PM   #394  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Just thinking here...

Since there is still one more day, plus today left in September, my little goal I set for myself was to beat my August stats for exercise! I already have the bike riding beat, but I only have another mile to go to tie my walking goal! If I can muster up enough energy and get through it, I'm gonna try 1 or 2 miles WATP this afternoon and then tomorrow I will try to do my 1.5 (or more) at work in the morning! Then I will have exceeded my August miles.

Now for October...I doubt seriously I can do 100 miles like Mary (ahem!) but I am going to go for doubling my miles with walking and bike riding which means I have to get my A** in gear here! So, anyone else up for this challenge??? 50 miles walking, 50 miles biking for October...that's 1.6 miles each day of each activity or (if I've calculated right) 3.33 miles of each every other day! Either way, it IS a challenge!!!! C'mon...anyonelse up for it???
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:18 PM   #395  
LucyKitty

Well, darn it. I posted a huge update yesterday, but somehow it didn't show up!! My PC has been funky lately, so who knows...

But good news here! FINALLY!!! Hubby finally got transferred to salary (which means he has job stability, as he's a contract worker, and his company doesn't put short-term on salary!) AND he got a huge raise, which is awesome. So we'll now have health insurance, a decent part of income from him, and mine is basically for us to save/play with. Things are finally looking up, and it feels awesome.

I decided to go shopping Monday afternoon, because I felt I needed something nice. I hit TJ Maxx & got a great pair of slacks for $12 and a silk shirt for $12, the shirt I am wearing to work today! Awesomeness, indeed.

Worked out today, felt awesome, and basically in a good thing all around. Plus, despite most of the country being icky right now, it's sunny and up around 70 every day, which I love at the moment.

I hope you guys are all staying positive and keeping up that awesome work, chickies. You're all strong, beautiful women and you can do absolutely anything you put your mind to!! WOO!!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:17 PM   #396  
motomom

Default Quick Update!

Just wanted you all to know that I have now EXCEEDED my August totals for walking! I just finished 2.75 miles with WATP and I feel just great! I'm thinking (quite embarassing, actually) that maybe the pain I was experiencing was GAS!!! Oh boy! What did I eat???

Anyway...I'm on my way to 50 miles walking next month! Thanks, Mary for the inspiration! You all rock!
Old 09-29-2004, 03:24 PM   #397  

I'm back!!!! Alright, on with my comments:

Birdie - I wish stress left me with no appetite, but I tend to deal with my stress by eating! I wish you the best with your job! I'm sure they will love you on Fri.!!

Jenn - Talk about job stress! Wow, you sound busy! Don't worry...it's hump day and Friday is almost here!! Hang in there chick!

Mary - Congrats on you ribbon! That is super awesome! You rock!

Kelly - What can I do to help you? I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch. You hang in there too, and keep on posting..we will be here to help you!

Julie - You're on!!! I am definitely up for that exercise challenge!!!!

Lucy - That's super news about your DH's job promotion! I know that will really help you guys out a lot! Your new outfit sounds cute - post a picture for us!!!

Alright, I think I got everyone. I am out of points again today, and it is not yet 3:30. I know what to do...it's just that I am really extra hungry the past couple of days, and I can't get groceries yet!! It's so pretty here...I want to do my walking outside today if possible. I'm getting my water in, which is a good thing! Gotta keep swallowing the vile stuff...I know how much it helps! Hope you all have a terrific afternoon!!!
Old 09-29-2004, 04:11 PM   #398  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

afternoon, chickies. Well, things continue to fall apart at work, and I'm ticked off. Grrr. I'm drowning my sorrows in a 24oz glass of water. Bleah. It needs to be a little stronger than water!

I'm frustrated. I know, there's not much I can do about this, but my processor & I are sitting here trying to get crap done, and it just isn't happening, thanks to other people involved. We're ready, but nothing is happening at all.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel! I love that little guy!

I'm feeling the stress of this toxic moron I work with, and I'm just aggravated. I need to vent my frustrations, big time. And I'm so tired of telling her something 30 times before it sinks in. And she has no concept of follow through...she just refuses to take responsibility, and really, this is HER business, as a loan officer- this is her PAY we're talking about, so you would think she'd show more concern, and be more apt to follow through.

I need a vacation. Good thing I have a Mommy & Me day on Saturday to get my hair done. A few hours of mommy time- maybe I'll spend the weekend out there with her.

Tonight when I get home, I've got to get my 2 miles in, and then clean the upstairs. I need to find my pedometer, because I want in on the Mary & her sister 100 mile challenge. I need some kind of motivation to moove my tushie.

Oh- Friday morning I'll start the new Halloween Challenge thread, since we're already at page 27 on this one....it should be more manageable. Do we want a new one weekly, or maybe the 1st & 15th? Or play it by ear? I'm game....just tell me what everyone wants

1 more hour until I can go home...and not a moment too soon. Grrr. I need to win Lotto so we can all take a long spa vacation together.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:31 PM   #399  

Julie - I love you!!! ((((Julie))))!!! I read your post and put on my exercise pants and my new shoes, and I did a brisk 40 min. walk outside! Yay!!! I was thinking - this exercise is my PRIVILEDGE. It is a gift - to be able to walk...to feel my heart beating, my blood pumping....It should be my priority to take care of my body. I have (God please..) many more years ahead of me...years that I want to feel good, years that I want to share with my children, my husband. I need to lose this weight to feel better, sleep better, play harder.....

Please, please remind me how I felt at this exact moment when I am falling into the rut of being lazy!!! I feel so energized and so proud!!! Yay!!
Old 09-29-2004, 04:35 PM   #400  

Mary & everyone else....thank you guys too!! You rock!! Oh, Mary - I think I will get one of those pedometers too!!! Thank you for that suggestion!

Jennifer - a ((((((((hug))))))))))) for you too! Sorry work is being a pain!!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:01 PM   #401  

ok... now this thread rocks!!!!!! Guess what?? Guess who else did something great??! I just jogged a mile on the treadmill!!!! I feel great!!! Mary and Julie and Lisa ..... I can't say any more. You all are my heros!

EARNED 2 ACTIVITY points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG... ACTIVITY POINTS!!!!!!!!!!
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:33 PM   #402  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa girl
Please, please remind me how I felt at this exact moment when I am falling into the rut of being lazy!!! I feel so energized and so proud!!! Yay!!
ok...I will copy and save this post (dated) to remind you when you are having a really bad PMS day!!! LOL...Do those count???? Hugs right back at ya chickie!!!!!!
OR Take your pick!!! LOL!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:38 PM   #403  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlzbth
ok... now this thread rocks!!!!!! Guess what?? Guess who else did something great??! I just jogged a mile on the treadmill!!!! I feel great!!! Mary and Julie and Lisa ..... I can't say any more. You all are my heros!

EARNED 2 ACTIVITY points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG... ACTIVITY POINTS!!!!!!!!!!

Yea Donna!!!!! This is what a "challenge" thread should be, huh???? Way to go! Jogged a mile??? I'd be dying!!!! You rock sistah!!! and TWO activity points...that's got to be worth some goodies!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:06 PM   #404  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chickies!

Motivation level: 8

Pretty good today. Work was super-hectic. We just sold out and the new owners are coming for a tour tomorrow evening, plus we have a visual audit next week, plus my Account Executive is coming tomorrow, plus there was a ton and a half of stock to open and put away. Eesh. We got it all done though.

*sigh*

I'm out of water. (*shuffles to kitchen to get more water*)
All better.

No exercise, as I had to work early this morning, but as soon as my dinner settles down I'm getting on that stairclimber for at least 30 minutes. Food was decent today. Calories came in at 1557 (so far), and my budget was 1650 or so, so I'm good there. Plus, there *will* be exercise. ToM always makes exercise more of a hassle, since I'm exhausted all the time anyway. Then again, I was exhausted before ToM, so why should it matter? When I do exercise regularly I have more energy, end of story. So just do it, quit complaining/procrastinating and do it.

Okay, had to give myself a little pep talk there, obviously. Still have to wait for dinner to settle though (just ate about 15 minutes ago).
Speaking of dinner, here's today's menu:

Breakfast: coffee w/creamer, tortilla with scrambled eggs, fat-free cheese, lean ham lunchmeat
Lunch: meatball & mozzarella lean pocket, small pack of pringles, diet vanilla coke
Snack: Slim Fast peanut butter crunch bar
Dinner: 32oz of water (so far), boca cheeseburger w/LF mayo, cheese, mustard, on red. cal bread, black beans w/rice and salsa

Julie: I don't typically eat a lot of veggies, and I hardly ever eat fruit. I know, I should. They're just so inconvenient for me. Sometimes I make a conscious effort to add more veggies (which I actually need to start doing again), but they always end up slacking off again. Yesterday wasn't too bad, because I had that salad, and but today there's been no veggies whatsoever (unless you count black beans, which for some unapparent reason I don't, really...). Maybe I need to make my own new weekly challenge to eat more veggies!

And I'm up for that exercise challenge! Doubling my September exercise wouldn't be much of a challenge, but I think your 50 miles is pretty reasonable. I can walk a mile in 15 minutes with no problems, so I'll count 15 minutes on my stairclimber as a mile, so that's 750 minutes. Eesh... that sounds like a lot, seeing as I have yet to make over 200 in a month. Well, I guess it's time to get my butt in gear!

Oh, and the puppy is adorable. Of course he's adorable, he's a puppy! I think he's going to be a great dog for Grandma. He's well-mannered, he listens very well, and he stayed right by her feet all day. And she is going to be very good to him. She needs someone to love.
We didn't get one though. They had already sold the females that were unrelated, and we want to be able to breed them, so we had to pass. *sigh*
Oh well, I'm sure we'll have one some day.

Anyway, I completely forget everything else I wanted to say. I'm going to go get on the stairclimber, and I will be back after my exercise to let you all know I actually did it!

Talk to you in a bit!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:34 PM   #405  

hello all

It just hit me that Friday will be the first of October......and this challenge is 50% gone....which means I should be halfway to my goal......we will see what the scale says on Saturday AM. I set a high goal so that it would make me try harder, not necessarily that I would be able to achieve it.

Gabwill......Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great day!

Hikein.....glad you are feeling better....and you have exceeded your walking goal! How cool is that!

Birdie.....good luck on your Friday meeting. Changing owners can be quite stressful....but you will dazzle them, I'm sure.

JavaTurtle......congrats on the new ribbon! It is always so nice to have our accomplishments recognized.

Sparked....it is hard to get motivated when you are paralyzed in a blue funk....and exercise will help you - but I know how hard it is to get your derriere out of the chair. Do I sound like the voice of experience here? Just DO something....anything.....go outside and walk around the house, bend over and touch your toes....it will get you back on track!

Lucy.....congrats to the DH on his transfer - and pay raise and bennies too! What great news!

Dlzbth.....you jogged a mile? I am so in awe (and just when I was feeling proud of jogging to the end of the driveway.......lol) keep it up, Girl!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote