Old 09-21-2004, 08:47 PM   #301  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Replies/Comments

Lucia…You are really motivating me, girl! You keep on keeping on!!!

Drazen…glad things worked out with hubby! I’m sure your body will adjust once again! No fun, though, I’m sure!

Aquareggie…We have two huskies! We live in West Michigan and it was cold here this summer too, but they both blew their coat! Now they are just starting to “grow back” their winter coat! UGH! I hate dog hair!!!! Our next dog is going to be a small non-shedding dog!!! But gotta love those huskies!!! One of ours has only 3 legs! He’ll be 12 in January! I’ll try to send you a picture of them sometime! Oh, and thanks for the tip on opening up wordpad!

Wayward Girl…I somehow missed your post until I read Jennifers! Why do they call it an egg cream if there’s no egg??? LOL! But that does sound mighty Yummy! Thanks for the recipe! And the lunch sounds pretty good, too!

Jennifer…I have something for you if you don’t quit making promises!!!! (And you KNOW I know how to use it!!!!) Now chickie…sit yourself right down and get on that bike or do your WATP…YA HEAR ME!!???? Seriously, Jen…you have been maxed out with so much going on…give yourself a few more days to catch your breath and try to pace yourself, ok? We’re here for ya! (((((((((((Jennifer))))))))))) And thanks for all the work you are doing with this new challenge site! Sounds exciting to me!
Sexy underwear, eh?

MsRD…You sound a lot like me! Snacking and then not eating to make up for it…ai yai yai!! What are we to do??? Hang in there! I do find that structuring my weekends by making out a menu does help…when I am home!! It doesn’t work as well when we are out of town or camping, etc.!!!

Lisa…LOL on the clothes laughing! Nope! All my stuff is either too big or fits just right now! I’ve gotten rid of most of the stuff that was too big but kept a few favorites around! Glad you liked that recipe. The only thing is…the beans…gas…you know!! ;-) If you are around tonight, check in with me, ok?

Dill…you rock girl! High school gown!! Pshaw!!! Never had one, but wouldn’t that be nice to be able to get into a size I wore in HS??? Way to go! And thanks for the explanation on rebounding!

Sparked…I have this certain tazer that I am planning to use on someone ELSE on this list, but I can add your name to the list….LOL! GET GOING, CHICKIE!!! Hope you did your WATP…you will like it if you just try it! Open the cellophane, take out the tape, insert into player, turn on player, stand with tennis (shoes) on floor…walk away the pounds!!!

Donna…WooHoo on the loss, chickie! You’ve been doing great despite the little slips here and there!

Bannie…Welcome! I hope Orlando finds you and so wishes he was yours!! LOL! You are sounding pretty inspired to me! Jogging in the Texas heat! Phew! That’s some determination!

Alright…hope I didn’t miss anyone! If I did…sorry! I’ll catch you next time!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:32 PM   #302  

well I did my taebo and my circuit. I also walked 1 mile, ran 1 mile and did my pilates. We cleaned out the garage to put our treamill in there and now I can walk/run when I want. That is going to help me alot as soon as we get a fan for in there. At night or in the morning it is cool so I can do it then in the privacy of my home now although I will still walk outside with my daughter since that is "our time". I am really happy with that.

Jennifer, Aquareggie, and Lisa thanks for the encouragement.

Julie- Good job on your finding time on the exercise! Thanks for the encouragement. I have been trying hard to get that done.

Kelly-Sorry you aren't feeling too motivated. Just think of those jeans that you want to wear... that always gets me motivated when I am feeling down. I also go and try on stuff that I wouldn't mind wearing in the future.

Donna- thanks for the encouragement and good job on that 1.5 lbs you lost.

QOTD- I would love to get into a form fitting red dress so that my husband could take me out. I would love to also wear and feel good in sleeveless shirts. It'll be a change in pace for either of those to be put on.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:25 AM   #303  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning, chickies! It's Wednesday- humpity, hump day!

Today has been good so far- I finally got a decent night's sleep, and slept in this morning. Stretch....yawn! Feels good.

Breakfast this morning- 1 apple & cinnamon cottage double, 1oz fat free cheddar cheese, 8 bite size mini wheats, and 1/3 cup soy smart start.

Lunch is whole wheat pasta, and meat sauce, and diced pears. Mmmm!

This weekend hubby & I will be working on his business taxes, so it's going to be the longest weekend of my life, but not in a good way.

Have a busy morning here, so I'll peek in around lunch time & see what's going on.

Dill- rebounding sounds like it would be fun! I'd have to beat your sister for hemming your pants to her height....what does she have that you can take in return?

Kelly- chickie, I feel your pain. Been there, done that over & over, got the T shirt & it doesn't fit anymore. We're not going to whack you just yet- just help you up & dust you off. We can do this- practice makes better, and each day we get a new chance to get it right.

Donna- Way to go on the 1.2 pound loss!

Bannie- Welcome! Looks like you've got a good plan in sight there. I think Orlando Bloom will be drooling by Christmas!

Julie- You've got the right idea there chickie- your exercise causes slight water retention as the muscles start to repair, so don't think it's true weight gain. You've come so far, even if the #s don't always cooperate. It's in how you feel, above everything else. (gotta re-convince myself of this, too)

Gabwill- Excellent- you're truly leading the pack here with the exercise- kick butt!

Hopefully aquareggie or someone has a Daily Question to post....

Have a great morning, chickies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:43 AM   #304  

I DID IT!!! I stayed on track yesterday. I ate what I was supposed to eat and not more. I opened the cellophane, took out the WATP tape, inserted into dvd player, turned on the dvd player, stood on floor…and walked away the pounds!!! Well, for .5 miles because then bf was ready to go to a softball game. But I did more yesterday than I did the day before. That's gotta count for something. Gotta tell ya, even though I only did half, that was quite a workout. So thank you all for the nudge!!! I will eat on plan today, try a full mile of WATP when I get home from work and before tonights softball game!!! I decided the best time for me to do the WATP tape is when I get out of work, before bf gets home and while Marissa (d) is doing her homework!! YAY me! I'll check back in later with comments, but I have to get working right now!!! Thanks chicks for everything!!
sparked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:12 AM   #305  

No time for replies this morning, sorry!

QOTD: Is there a particular person who inspires you to lose weight?

Good food yesterday. No exercise. Got to run (literally and metaphorically).
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #306  

Yesterday:

Breakfast- non-fat yogurt, all-bran, 1/2 grapes

Lunch- grilled chicken wrap

Dinner- spaghetti and white clam sauce (actually a pretty healthy choice is you limit the pasta), green salad with balsamic vinegrette. For dessert I made the strawberry pie recipe that was posted in the WW section above. It is GREAT! I made it with a reduced-fat graham cracker crust and my boyfriend liked it to.

Snacks- 6 wheat thins

Total calories: 1410
Exercise: none

Julie: I have no idea as to the origin of the name of the egg cream They are delicious and easy to make, though!

Dill: I just realized I had a PM from you- mea culpa- I will answer it

QOD:
I bought a cheongsam in NY's Chinatown last spring- and it's just a little too small. I would like to wear it for a night out on the town!

(Picture here: http://www.chinasprout.com/shop/CAD017)
waywardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:05 PM   #307  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default The Java Turtle lost six pounds. Say WHAT?

Cheers Chicks! I got up early (after being up and on the dreadmill until 0200) and went to the Weight Watchers meeting. It was a different time meeting with different people (including my sister). I had decided to switch back to Flex Points because I didn't understand the Core thing. But after she told me I lost six pounds , I think I may stick with this Core thing for a while. I need to work out more, plain and simple , but I'm feeling pretty good today. Limited on time though. I need to pack my lunch and my gym bag.
Gotta jet. Gotta get ready for work. Feels like I haven't been to bed yet. But coffee is my friend

PS My sister has lost 64.5 pounds since March on WW (grrr) Just kidding.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:12 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!
I just came back from a long, brisk walk and I feel great. It's interesting, because I wasn't really motivated to exercise this morning, but once I got going I was feeling pretty good. (I wasn't motivated because I got on the scale and had a letdown.) I plan to go to the gym this afternoon, too. Maybe I'll start losing inches again. I seem to be at a standstill with my weight and inches lately, even though I'm being a good little girl. I don't get it. I know I should be happy that I lost 32 lbs., but I still have smaller clothes in my closet screaming at me. I guess I have to keep on trying.

Jennifer, congrats on getting us a home of our own. It's great, and I love the name! I have to admit I panicked a bit when I couldn't find you guys this morning. I'm so glad I found you. You're a great group!!

Hotcup, congrats on losing 6 lbs!!

Hugs and good luck to everyone, Dena
177, CW 145, GW 132.

Last edited by Den@; 09-22-2004 at 12:18 PM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:13 PM   #309  

Hey all

Today is going OK so far and hopefully I've got aerobics on tonight plus I'll be walking there. It was VERY exciting this morning as the scales read 9st 13.5lb (139.5lb) which puts me in the single figures stones wise. I checked 3 times and it was still the same. Yay, I just hope it lasts. I just had to text my best friend and my bf!

Thing is that I started off weighing myself mid afternoon clothed in boots so I think I'll have to lose another couple of lbs before I'm "officially" under 10 stone (140lbs). I hope I can do it before uni.

Kelly- well done on the good day yesterday, hope today went as well!

Bannie- all sounds like a good plan to me good luck! I have problems binging, it's good to have something nice but healthy in too like toffee yogurt or crisp bakes and cottage cheese or cereal bars or nectarines. Girls cannot live on celery alone (or cauliflower-yuck)

hikin2005- sounds like you're gaining muscle which is clearly a good thing

Also gabwill and hikin- I'm sure you don't need to wait until you're a size 8 before your husbands can take you out! You've both lost a decent amount of weight already

waywardgirl- the cheongsam looks cool. I don't know how you manage not to eat between meals, I have to keep mine smaller to account for snacking.

Java- 6lb that's amazing! Well done.

Ooh also hi Den@- your post came up when I posted! walking is clearly underrated

Have a fun afternoon.

Dill

Last edited by dilleight; 09-22-2004 at 12:16 PM.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:17 PM   #310  
"workin' on my fitness"

Mary, that's awesome! 6 pounds!!! Great job! Hopefully some of our other WW chickies like Donna & Lisa can help with ideas. That's just awesome, and I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Kelly- You go, chickie!!! Good to see you in better spirits and on target! Yeah!!!!

Wayward- the pie sounds awesome!

Daily Question: Is there a particular person who inspires you to lose weight?
Maybe not inspires, more like scares the crap out of me....it's my mom. She's been overweight most of her life, and because of that, she has aggravated arthritis in her knees, diabeties, blood pressure problems, and she's only 54. I don't want to face the same thing, and at 32, I'm feeling like I'm 54. She's been so thrilled with my loss so far- more than 40 pounds- and I just hope that maybe I can inspire her to make some positive changes, too. We'll never be "skinny" but we can be fit, and healthy.

Still having a hectic day, and I'll be working thru lunch while I eat, so I wanted to sneak a peek in here.

And look- Suzanne has our new home up and running! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:21 PM   #311  
"workin' on my fitness"

LOL- ok, I missed Den@ & Dill while I typed! Hey chickies!

I think the best part about our new home is that you can always see the thread from the main page. Awesome! These sisters ROCK!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 02:32 PM   #312  

Red face Weigh-in Wednesday

Hello Ladies!

Well, I DIDN'T lose anything, but didn't gain anything either. I am satisfied with that this week b/c of everything that was going on! I'm just gonna have to make up for it this week! I got up fairly early again today with DD, we took a walk (1.5 miles) and then hit the stores for some shopping (nothing too interesting, more errand type stuff!)

dlzbth...is TOM "time of month?" AF is "aunt flow". I learned that one on my pregnany forum.

Jennifer....sexy underwear huh?? Even if that thought I looked good in them, most of them are too uncomfy for me!! LOL

Bannie.....Welcome. Homecoming is a great motivator!

Hikein............sorry about the weight gain, but don't forget, muscle weighs more than fat, and since your clothes fit better, you are probably getting toner!

Gabwill..........What kind of pilates do you do? I have Windsor DVDs, but started reading Pilates for Dummies and it is pretty good!

Sparked.............Way to go! Proud of you for sticking with it!

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy day!
drazen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:44 PM   #313  

Good Afternoon All!

Things are fine w/me.

What is the advantage of the Forum layout? Once punched into this thread, (which I subscribed to anyway) everything looks the same?

Question of the day...

I also watched my Mom and older sister over the years eat eat eat and deal with being obese. My Mom (deceased) was always so obessessed with food...in fact sometimes I think we should focus less about what we eat here and more about activities or distractions or emotions.

Mom would tell you absolutely EVERYTHING she ate every day...down to the salt and pepper. She was ALWAYS trying to diet...yet if you looked around the corner she was eating behind your back. My sister is a junk food junkie, very overweight, will sit and eat an entire pizza or entire bag of potato chips...etc. Then say she is working out and dieting...HELLO?? My sister usually sews her clothing, I'm not sure what size she is, but she probably finds it difficult to clothing shop, if not impossible.

Thinking about their addictions helps me to keep focused on my goals of wanting to get into one size smaller pants...and to FEEL BETTER and sexier, too. The only nice thing about being 25 pounds too heavy is that for once in my life I actually have breasts!!! Tee hee!!! Although, they can be annoying at times!!

I digress...as usual!!

I never answered yesterday's question about an outfit...For me it would be the dress I got married in 1998. Was my second wedding, and it's a creme colored dress, beaded top, floaty long bottom. I think it is a size 10. I would love to be able to wear that on the cruise hubby and I are going on NEXT year, Aug 2005. Surprise him with it on a formal night. That would be cool. The bodice is fitted, but the bottom is full...so I could probably squeeze into it even if I was a size 12 then...as my top usually shrinks faster than my bottom (classic pear shape here!).

I'm continuing to watch my eating...have been doing ok with that. Not sure if I will have to decrease it more or not, when I weigh in this weekend that will tell the story. Monday I exercised. Last night I went riding. Tonight I will have to exercise as I am staying home tonight.

Found out hubby will be duck hunting this weekend and away. Son will be at his Dad's so I will have Sat/Sun to myself. Looks like I will be riding two horses Sat/Sun as the weather looks good...so I'll probably spend additional time out at the stables. That should be fun.

Kelly - hang in there! Take it one day at a time and if that is too long, take it an hour at a time!! Drink water first when you are hungry!!!

Donna: Congrats on the 1.2 pounds!! WHOO HOO!!! I hope I go down a pound this week.

Julie: You must have gained a pound of muscle!! ;-) Or was it one of those "water fat days" that I have?!

Kelly - Congrats on sticking to your plan!!

How much should I reasonably expect to lose per week? Is one pound about right? I know this all depends on my food/activity levels...but I seem to remember my Mom on weight watchers years ago and she would loose like a couple pounds a week...however, she ate like NOTHING when she was really on these plans and exercised a TON...plus had a LOT of weight to loose...

I think it gets harder to lose as you get closer to your goal...which is what someone was saying it's getting harder to lose, but I looked at her current weight and she has probably turned a lot of her body into muscle and may not get as low as she wants...but am sure she is looking good....DENA...that's who I'm thinking about! I bet you are looking good girl!!

Birdiegirl
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:09 PM   #314  

well I walked another mile today. I will walk another one tonight after I put Jasmine to bed. It'll be easy enough and to make sure my legs don't cramp tomorrow I may do more then that. I also did my power90 video. And ran 2 miles (in one session). I am enjoying the treadmill already. It is a good stress burner. Maybe this way I will begin to lose more of those unwanted inches!

Dill- I didn't mean that I had to be a size 8 to go out with my husband... we are going next week for our ann. I just meant that I need to lose more to fit into that form fitting outfit and being that I have a 36 waist, 36 bust, and 43 hips I don't think that that will be ideal for me just yet. I would love to lose more inches in my waist and hips (put some in my bust if possible) before wearing somehting that tight.

Drazen- I do the MTV pilates. I got it because it had advanced/ beginners/ intermediate. I am not sure if I am too fond of it yet but I will wait and see. I think I need something that concentrates more on my thighs. This one is all abs.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:10 PM   #315  

Question of the day: Is there a particular person that encourages you to lose weight

Another tough one. LOL No, not really because I am a stubborn mule. I have to decide myself. Once I do, there is no stopping me. Of course like this time it took a lot longer of self motivating to get on the bandwagon again. I have said this before but this thread was a big part of that.

Mary, WOW... I am speechless!!! YOu lose 6 pounds and say you need to exercise??? OMG! If you do that, just think... I can't even imagine losing that much in a week! There was a lady in my meeting yesterday that lost 10. Someone asked her if she had been sick.. ROFLOL She said no.

Birdiegirl, I know for a fact once you get closer to your goal weight it gets tougher. When I was doing WW online it said a good average weight loss a week is 3 pounds but everyone I think is different. Also the activity level that week can make a difference. When you build up the muscle it weighs more and it can be discouraging when you weigh yourself sometimes but you can see yourself firming up and having definition in places you have only dreamed of (in my case that is) LOL

Drazen, I agree good new is you didn't gain either. I'm glad you understood my lingo too! I just had a senior moment but when you said what it meant, I said "duh" of course!!!

Jennifer, I am also kinda confused on what benefit it will have to have our thread on the forum page. I guess it's just it's on little community? Either way, I'm along for the ride.

Dill, I'm with you friend. That's something I want to stay the same. Your desire to go out there is contagious... I won't to walk right now!

Well, DD is driving me crazy with needing my help with all things her homework.. GEE can't you see I'm busy on the puter!!? LOL I am kidding... I know my priorities.

Have a great day ladies and sorry that left some of you out. I had to stop and start back serveral times.

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote