Old 05-13-2004, 03:57 PM   #106  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Lucy!!! Share those exercises- I can't get my mind to shut down with everything that's going on!

Just peeking in- I've been totally horrible about the exercise- food is on target, totally.

I need to brow beat myself into doing something physical as soon as I get home. NO EXCUSES. Hear me, Jennifer?? No dang excuses. Suck it up- do what you need to do. You're never going to get a new middle number this month if you sit back on your amply padded *** & don't get moving. You know it's the key to this- why fight it? Inner sloth be damned- time to MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Break out the tazer- I swear, I need someone to hold me accountable & trade off exercise bribes each day. Especially right now with my head in so many different things besides my healthier lifestyle, I'm letting slide the one thing that is going to make the most difference- the exercise.

More later, chickies- tonight, I swear, I move this carcass, or you all get 2 blasts with the tazer.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:24 PM   #107  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I feel so lost!!!

ARGH! Here is sit at work (I feel like a cheat because I never use the computer at work for personal use...but I'm punched out and on my way home...just had to peek in!)

I have missed all of you! Our computer crashed...it has a worm/virus and hubby took it in to get repaired...whatever! And I am home alone tonight as hubby and DD left this afternoon to go camping. I will join them tomorrow after work for some much needed R&R...

Jennifer...I have not exercised since Tuseday this week! I feel like a slouch! I also still am feeling under the weather, though!! My voice is back, sort of! I worked today but I am so dang tired! Maybe I NEED to exercise!!! LOL....so here's my challenge to you!!! (and I won't be able to check in until we get our computer back which means probably Monday...) I will do some sort of aerobic exercise starting tonight every day including MOnday AND I will do resistance stuff two times before then!!! So...that's exercise tonight, Friday, Sat, Sun & Mon (5 days) and resistance 2 days for me (since I won't be home Saturday all day) So get your butt up and do some work (I'm talking to me, too here!)

The rest of ya...I hope you are all doing better by Monday! I want to see happy faces all over the place on Monday when I check in!

I don't have time to comment to each of you, but know that you are in my thoughts and if you want to join in on the challenge here with the exercise...if you need it...then feel free!

BTW...I am down to a solid 169....(happy, happy, joy, joy!!!!!!) . Maybe it's the no exercise, ice-cream diet!!!! LOLOL!!! Sorry....that was for you Jennifer to say "Julie!!!!!! with a special smiley!)

Hugs to alll!!!!!!! I miss checking in here daily (or mulitple times daily!!!)_

See you all MOnday, I hope!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:38 PM   #108  

Height: 5 foot

Default Dumb blonde!

Ok, first off. Jenn, you are scaring me sweety I dont think I've heard you say a negative thing since I've been here... All this time, you've been helping me.... and guess what.. I must be a dumb blonde, because I've figured out that a tazar is a gun thingy, but what the heck am i supposed to do with it?!?!? Shoot ya in the butt and make ya do some exercises?!?!? Well anyway whatever I can do to help.. let me know because I'm pretty duhhh right now!!! LOL

Hikein-- for you!!! How much have you lost all together? So happy for you right now!!! Hikein, you have tried to educate me on the tazar thing, but I'm in special ed right now....really! So I'll get it... so I can shoot you if you dont get up off of your butt either!!

Okay everyone listen up...I wanted to give up twice and yaw'l wouldnt let me, so I've been exercising my butt off since May first non-stop without a break... Now if I can do that.. as much as I complain and moan and act like I'm gonna die, then I don't wanna hear any excuses about not working out!! Unless you are really really unable to do them.... Or I'll shoot all of you with the tazar....and since I dont know what it is... it might be the wrong gun... so you dont want to be in the cross fire!!!

My daughter is making me CRAZY!!!! I swear she has my throat sore from yelling at her and you know what she does? That is sooo not cool!!!

Ok today was a good day for me!

Here is my effort for eating more protein and food:

B- Turkey saus link, 1 sl wheat bread, f/f mayo
L- Salsberry steak w/mashed potatoes (lean michelinas)
S- Apple
D- 4 oz Catfish filet with green beans and salad

My exercise was:
45 Min Denise Austin
60 Min Treadmill
300 crunches
15 (girl) pushups
a couple of other exercises that I dont know the name of so I make them up!

Well, Saturday is Weigh in, pretty nervous! But at least I'll know something is wrong if I gain!!! Hopefully + =

I wanna try to get to know everybody better, especially not complaining all the time.. that gets annoying I know!! LOL But I think I got it licked for now! Don't seem like that many people were on here!!! LOL They are running from me!! Be afraid.. be very afraid!!!

I'm going to go now since I've typed everyone to sleep with all of this.. so I'll check back tomorrow!! Hope everybody have a good evening!!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 05-13-2004 at 06:45 PM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:50 PM   #109  
"workin' on my fitness"

Don't worry Jaymi, we don't scare easy. You're fitting in quite well- and that tazer- well...cops use it to subdue people- usually criminals, but I think I need the electro-shock therapy to get my buns in gear again.

Hubby had a project for me when I got home, so here it is nearly 7pm- I am going to go get sweaty now, and he's going to deal with dinner so it's ready for me when I am done.

I'm hoping to have good news for you all in the morning- like sweat tonight, and a WATP in the morning! If I don't report that, I swear, time for you all to gang up on me.

Julie- you're on- I need someone to prod me, since I'm usually the prodder- bring it on, chickie!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:07 PM   #110  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Evening, chicks!

Ok, so the bad news is that I'm an utter failure as far as my No-Weigh Challenge goes. Brought it back upstairs this morning. Without my scale I'm a complete loss for motivation. I figured it was better to obsess a little and stay on track than to rebel and lose the track altogether.
And the good news is that I'm down 2 more pounds since the last time I weighed in, making a nice round 15 pounds I've dropped. Yay! Go me! (And I'll just bet my happy dance is burning more calories!)
Today was a good day... day off from work, drinking lots of water, getting lots of exercise, eating OP. Is it possible to drink too much water? How much is too much? I've just been thirsty all day, so I keep drinking more water... I think I've had about 8 16-ounce glasses today, which is A LOT for me.

Food for today:
Breakfast: coffee with creamer, tomato, lettuce, American cheese, LF bologna, and 1/2 tbsp mayo on whole wheat bread
Lunch: tortilla chips and salsa, corndog with ketchup
Dinner: 2 slices pesto pizza with tomatoes, mini ranch rice cakes, vanilla pudding

I didn't really want the pudding, but I made it a couple days ago and it's been in the fridge since my calorie count was up for the past few days. My calorie count was way down today, not even including my exercise, so I figured I should eat something else... now I'm all blleeehhh.... But still just barely over 1500 calories.
Exercise today... I mowed the lawn for 45 minutes, finally got the whole jungle mowed down (it only took me 3 days--should tell you how high the grass is and how big our yard is!), and I walked the hill. Didn't really do much else today though. It was my day off, and I was just lazy. I'm going to do some strength training here shortly though, just because I still feel like moving, but I've already showered and put my hair up and everything, so I don't want to get sweaty.

During the course of my April exercise hiatus I kind of forgot how good it feels to actually WANT to move. I've never been a big fan of exercise, and I've never been very good at getting me to do it. Today though, man, I just couldn't stop! I hope I can keep it up.

Julie--Have fun camping! Sometimes we all need a little R&R. I know I'm always so much more motivated and ready to do anything after a little time away from the world.

Jaymi--Go ahead and shoot that taser at all of us! We'll burn some calories by jumping around trying to avoid the shocks!

Jennifer--Come on! I'm always impressed with how much exercise you get in and how you stay OP all the time. If I can do it, you can do it! Trust me on this one.

Lucy--It's great that you found something fun. Maybe I need to try DDR. I always have that problem too, I'll be sweating buckets and some stupid machine tells me I've only used about 30 calories--yeah right! You know better! Listen to your body, not some silly little game. You know a lot more about how your body works than it does!

Ok, chicks, I think that's about it for me tonight. Hope everyone is doing well, hope you all got your exercise and water in for the day (you don't want me to be the only one, now do you?). Have a good night, and I'll see you all tomorrow.

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:31 AM   #111  
Maggi

Default Please give info on DDR

lameducklucy

Where did you get the DDR game? Does it hook to a playstation 2 or what? I saw that done in a mall, two guys on dual machines and was totally captured watching them. I so desperatly need something besides just walking please give me all the poop. How and where to buy etc?
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:39 AM   #112  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default Happy Friday Chickies

Morning, chickies! You don't have to gang up on me today- I did my workouts.

Last night, did 2 different 30 minute workouts with the resistance bands- lots of upper body (back, chest, arms) and then this morning, I got my butt up and did 1 mile of WATP. Ok, I feel good. Got the bit of jello feeling in the arms still- and I can see the muscle definition starting in the forearms & the biceps. I really need to do UB more often, because that's going to help sculpt something beneath this flab- the abs will be hidden for a loooong time, and I've got a lot of hip & thigh & tush to get rid of. At least the upper body has less fat & will look good soon.

I have a non-scale victory to report today....About 3 weeks ago, hubby & I found some clearance T shirts on sale for 8.88. I bought 5 tees, all different colors, thinking it was going to be a few months until I could fit into the shirts without them digging or clinging to my fat. Well, last weekend I tried one of the shirts, and it fit well enough to wear out when we were running around. Well, tah dah....this morning, I put on a brand new, short sleeve mock turtleneck tee- in lilac, no clinging, no digging, and fits well. Yes!!!! Woo hoo! so that, with black slinky pants...woo hoo!

Elisha, I don't think that's a failure- I have to get on the scale every day or every other day- I don't always obsess over them, but I need to see the # for the confirmation that things are moving in the right direction. And I know I'd rather see any blips or jumps up immediately, so that I can turn around & make immediate changes, and not wait & be surprised by them. Creature of habit, I suppose, and very number driven.

Jaymi, since you are the one getting the most exercise in, yes, you get to control the tazer gun (click here for a picture of it) and zap all us slackers with it. Great job- I need to really kick it up.

Julie- have a great time camping- hope your computer gets fixed soon- we miss you! I miss you! How else are you gonna keep me in line?

Today:

Morning exercise: 1 mile WATP

Breakfast:
1/3 cup smart start
1 apple & cinnamon cottage double
1 oz fat free cheddar cheese
1 4oz can diced pears

Lunch:
3/4 cup meat sauce
3/4 cup bowties
1 cup diced cantelope

Dinner:
Chickarina soup with extra veggies

Tonight, I'm going to get home and immediately do some cardio for a half hour- whether it's the bike, or WATP...then I need to do lower body work. This weekend is going to be pretty hectic...we spoke to the realtor on that lot last night, and she says that so far, we're the strongest offer on that lot...so everyone keep your fingers crossed for us- your positive vibes are working! We've got to get all our paperwork together to start the mortgage process for the construction loan once we get a signed contract...so I'll be the queen of paperwork this weekend, trying to get our lives down to 700 pieces of paper

Over the weekend, I will make sure that I get some type of activity in...one way or another- gotta keep the body moving.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:55 AM   #113  

Default Whoop whoop!! I got the Tazar Yipeee!

Hello everyone!!

My daughter is clinging to me like a dirty sock!!! She nearly killed me last night waking up at 3 in th morn and not going back til' 5, then woke up again at 7:30 and gave me this look as if to say "Get With it ole woman!" I think she's sleepy now, but who knows!!

Jenn- : Hope everything works out the way you want it to! I know you can keep it moving, you just had a lot going on in your mind...but you got it going now chickie!

Elisha- I dont feel all that great about the no weigh thing....What if you gain and don't know it...you can't fix what you don't know! Just try not to weigh too often! I looked at that scale and stared it down yesterday, but I didnt get on, because I remember how it made me feel last time, so I'll just wait..tomorrow is the day anyway. I mean you are being waaayyy too hard on yourself for stepping on the scale!! You lost 2 pounds, that's a good thing! That proves that your definately not a failure!

Lameducklucy- I'm glad youre having fun!! I bet you look like this!! Nah, I'm just kidding. Sounds like fun to me, I used to love to dance!

If I missed anyone...oops! I wish I knew the answer to the water thing. I dont think I drink enough, but I hate water!! It's a miracle I even drink it! I only like iced water anyways, I have some bottled water but I cant drink a whole one like that because they get hot fast. I probably drink about 8 cups a day, it's all I drink, especially when I'm exercising!

Well anyone have any suggestions for nausea? ? I think that it may be hunger, like my stomach is hungry, but my mind isnt sort of thing? I know I know. Or maybe I'm burning more calories than I'm eating, because this hasnt happened before! About every two hours I get uggghhhh! So I've started eating an apple and it goes away for... a while. I bought some grapes and a couple of oranges. I'm not the eat 1/4 cup of nuts type of girl, or rice cake type either... I still don't understand rice cakes!! But fruits cant be that bad, no problem with my sugar or anything...

Well tommorrow is weigh day everyone... wish me luck!! I dont know what it will say since I've added calories at the last minute...but what else can I do? I might check back later if I have time, I just got the baby to sleep so I better make myself useful and get on that treadmill and turned on my Golden Girls tape!! I'll tell yaw'l more about that later!! Bye all!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 05-14-2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:04 PM   #114  
LucyKitty

Wow!! I missed a lot since yesterday at noon!!

As requested, the trance-inducing exercise my doc gave me. It's called "see, hear, feel." You do 4 rounds of it, essentially, and it shuts up the millions of different tracks of thought running in your head (you know what I mean...)
Basically, you lie down in bed or whatever, comfied up and ready to sleep. You look around the room and find 4 things you can see (or if you do 7 rounds, 7 things you can see), and you say "I see the light fixture. I see the tv. I see the dog." etc. After that round, close your eyes and say 4 things you hear. Then keep your eyes closed and do 4 things you feel -- like the blanket on top of you, the bed at your side, the cat at your feet, etc. Whatever works. And keep doing it like that, and your mind totally shuts up and you can relax and sleep. It's SO NICE!!

Okay other than that... since everybody is asking me about DDR:
If you have a playstation1 (the original), you can do it, but there are only 3 games and one of them is a disney game so I say there are 2 games because i hate boy bands. You can look on Ebay for good prices on the dance pads, which is where I got mine. PS2, Xbox and GameCube also have DDR games, PS2 and Xbox have the most. The PS1 games/pads are TOTALLY compatible with PS2's, but PS2 stuff is NOT compatible with PS1 (confusing, I know). "Dance Dance Revolution Konamix" is the game for PS1, and you can get dance pads for PS1/PS2 on Ebay, 2 for $10. The game is way easy and it's totally fun and I don't even feel like I'm working out -- I'm just playing a video game until my non-slip mat is SOAKED!!

Anyway... Julie, I used to be on that diet of no exercise and all ice cream. haha!! Good job at getting under 170, though!! *hug* Have fun camping!! LUCKY DUCK!

I think I got everything covered with the answers & whatnot, but if I missed anybody, I'm sorry!! Lots going on today.

Okay, let's do the food/workout listing first...
B - leftover steamed veggies & a can of tuna (I know. I'm weird.)
L - can of soup or something like that
D - No idea yet. Won't be at home, so probably fast food (icky! Only thing i look forward to is a coke haha!)
Also -- drinking tonight w/ friends and hubby, but I don't really count that because I hardly ever drink.

Workout -
2 hrs (maybe more...) DDR
15 min. stepper w/ free weights (i've been slacking hardcore)
30 lunges & squats
300 new-age situps (super harsh. You're not supposed to be able to do 100 of them, so I'm going to attempt 300. Nobody tells me what my body can't do!! )

I have 3 tapes, gonna do those as early as I can today, then spend the afternoon working out and having fun, until 3:30ish, when hubby will be home & we hafta run up to the house and work work work!

Lots to do -- pricing all the junk, setting up as much as we can, putting up signs for the g-sale tomorrow, blech!! NO FUN AT ALL!! But that's okay.

After that's over & done with, we're going out with my friend and her fiance and a couple other friends of hers for a few drinks (& probably darts). Yay! I'm definitely looking forward to this, even if I have to get my butt out of bed at 6:30 tomorrow. YUCK!!

I think that's about it. I keep saying I'm gonna re-measure but I keep forgetting where the heck my measuring string is. Argh!!

OH!! I got all of the shots from my photo shoot back in March back!! YAY!! Some of them are awesome... I'll be posting a link in here a little later on, if I have time.

Have an awesome weekend, chickies!!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #115  
LucyKitty

Okay... for those of you who've requested the pics... here's the site address.

http://psychosexytripp.cruin.com

Go into the site, and click on "modeling info" and look at the March 2004 gallery.
Enjoy!! (My favorite color is the one where my back is to the waterfront and my eyes can actually open haha!)
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #116  

Hi everyone!! Feeling a little sad right now Just got a call that my Dad is going to have heart surgery. I'm not really sure how to feel at this point. Just a couple of weeks ago they had him in ICU because of his chest pains, gave him a stress test and just sent him home... He kept going back to the doc thank goodness, so they gave him a heart cath...whatever that is... and and found out that nearly all of his arteries are blocked!!! That made me even more upset, because he could have had a heart attack at any moment, and it would have been the hospitals fault!!!

My dad was in ICU last Oct. for an infection that has never been identified, but he almost died that time. Now he thinks a spider bit him, but we dont know. He has diabetes and all that but this was the first time he had ever been to the hospital. My grandmother just got out of the hospital for the same thing except that only 2 of her arteries were blocked so they could do some kind of balloon thing.

Man, I'm just confused right now. I"m worried about my mom...my grandmother is her mom, so now I have heart problems on both sides. That makes me terrified to be big ever again!!! But now I wonder what all of this being healthy has already done to me?!?!? I'm scared to death about my dad, and I hate it that I"m over 1,000 miles away and I can't be there with him.

I definately didnt want to bring any one down, but I can't really talk about this to anyone else. I just needed to get it off my chest...

Question- What type of lower body exercises does anyone do and which ones are really effective?

Lameducklucy- What are new age sit ups...are they just going all the way up or are they different?

Jenn- what is WATP like? I got a free dvd in the mail, I know it's not the real version, is it just walking in place or what?

Ok I guess I'll go ahead and try to relax for a minute... I will come back later just to post my food and exercise for the day...Lata'
Old 05-14-2004, 07:51 PM   #117  
Maggi

Default Finally catching up and don't tazar me

Well gang, I haven't been checking in regularly but I've been staying on the program. Exercising everyday, drinking water till I float, and watching what I eat. I am going to weight tomorrow to see if I've lost weight since Wednesday, It's funny but I sure feel like it. My clothes are beginning to get loose and it is about darn time too. Unfortunatly, I can still wear them.

My diet basically consist of watching calories and fat, I keep the calories to under 1300 and I've been lucky I've adveraged about 2 lb or more each week.

I will eat a piece of yougart and pear for breakfast,

Lunch will normally be a slim fast bar and a fruit

Dinner depends, tonight I had lemon basic chicken breast, baked

Brussel sprouts
yellow neck squash made with turkey bacon and onion.

I intermingle treats and snacks during the day as the calories allow.

My favorite treat is the fudgecicle by Weight watchers taste great and only 80 calories. Nice treat, plus it gets a milk product in me since I don't do milk.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:01 PM   #118  

I can't seem to check in here daily for some reason. I do good on the journaling on the member site but never have time to check in here. Hope everyone is doing great! sounds like yall are. I am 1 lb away from my mini goal for cancun! I have 16 days! surely it will come off by then & maybe more. Of course I still like 25 more to be where I need to be but this is a start. My water is GOOD. I drink it all day long. My exercise needs a boost. but if we can count running after 4 boys exercise then I am up one on everybody!Thanks to all! Have a good weekend
Janiepeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:59 PM   #119  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Today was a crappy day. One of those days where you just feel like yelling at everyone you come into contact with. Either that or just sitting down and crying. Both of those are bad, especially since I work retail, and I had a 9-hour shift today.
I'm really, really sick of my job.
But anyway, I got some new shoes, and a new 5.5-quart Anolon covered casserole dish for $3.39. I know that may not sound exciting to you, but Anolon is top of the line--this pan was ticketed at $100--and it's my DREAM cookware, so getting even one piece is completely awesome, especially since it's only 3 freaking dollars! Not to mention that I needed a large pan since the handle broke off of my old one.
Sorry, I just had to tell SOMEONE, and Dad doesn't get that excited about cookware, and Mom's perfectly happy with WalMart brand cheapo stuff. What can I say, I have expensive taste.
I also finally got a food scale. I've been wanting one for a while (since I began counting calories, to be precise), and now I've got one. This one is a cheapo WalMart one, but it's all I can afford at the moment, so it will just have to do. My calorie counting is working so far, so I can't be too far off in my estimates... I just could use a little help with meats and cheeses and veggies. Not really concerned about the veggies, but there's a big difference in calories between 4 ounces of beef and 7 ounces. Anyway, I hope this helps, even if it is cheap and hard to read.

I didn't do any aerobics today. I was going to, but my legs were a little sore from yesterday's activity. I did do my UB circuit this morning, since I didn't do it last night. I really need to step up the weight training. I know it will slow down my weight loss, since I'll be building muscle, but overall it helps me lose fat, and that is really my goal. Besides, when all this fat is gone I want to be able to show off my nicely toned muscles.

Food today was... bad. Since I felt really crappy, and since I've done really well on eating for the past week, I decided to treat myself to some comfort food for lunch. Luckily, I couldn't eat it all and it became dinner as well, so I'm not too far over my calorie count. I came in 2081 today. Well, yeah, I guess I am over by a good bit, but I still have over 1300 calories left in my "calorie bank," so I think it's ok. The funny thing is, lunch/dinner was exactly 1700 calories, which is my goal for the day. Okay, so here it is...
Breakfast--black coffee, V8, 1 egg and feta cheese in flour tortilla, water
Lunch/Dinner--chicken tenders, curly fries, onion petals, southwest sauce, and diet pepsi, all from Arby's. I ate the fries at lunch, and 2 of the tenders, but I ate the onion petals and the rest of the chicken when I got home from work at 10:45. I also drank 2 16-ounce glasses of water with dinner. I should drink 1 more glass, but I don't think I can bring myself to do it right now.

A strange thought occurred to me... why do I think of Arby's Fat Fest as comfort food? Isn't comfort food supposed to be things like chocolate and ice cream, or chocolate ice cream? I guess it's different things to different people, but it kind of bothers me that the thought of fast food makes me feel better. I think what I needed today was just to relax and not worry about anything, not even my calories, for just a few minutes. It didn't really help. It just made me over-full and a little nauseaus from all the grease. I did feel good about not eating all of it at lunch though. This time last year I would have inhaled that meal, and probably some cheese sticks too. Yeah, it was a little more than I needed, but not as bad as it could have been.

Anyway, it's late, and I have to work early tomorrow, and after today I need a good night's sleep. I'll feel better in the morning. I hope.

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:14 AM   #120  
Maggi

miss_elisha

Sorry about your crappy day! I know how it goes, I don't work and some days I have to go into my bedroom and put my face in a book and hide to keep from killing something.

I know how it is with dream cookware. My friend bought me the complete set of calaphon cookware, yeah she was crazy I know, pretty expensive, but she worked at a retail outlet and got a huge discount from other outlet stores. I like it, but it can stick if you are not careful so I'm just careful.

I am a calorie counter dieter too.
My food scale is a pain in the A--! I guess you know what I mean, I use it mostly for bigger things but don't use it that much, I still use the old fashioned rule on meat, 3oz is about the size of a deck of cards. For example, last night I baked a skinless, boneless chicken breast, and it was about 6 oz. Cheese is harder, so I do the package by making score marks in it even to what ever ounces it says it has. Mostly with cheese, I use the vegtarian slices individually wrapped about 40 calories per slice. The low-fat ones are good too. how i use them is cheese toast and my eggbeater omelettes. I use egg beaters and veggie cheese because i have high cholesterol so trying to be good when I can, but also a lot of veggie stuff is lower in calories, I read a lot of labels. It has been good education for me and made me really aware how some things can look so small and really pack in a bunch of fat and calories.

Comfort food can be anything, cookies and ice cream are normally mine, so I've found low calories, low fat subsitutes. Sometimes comfort food can just be going out to eat, even if you eat within your plan. Just knowing you are not going to have to give up everything. For me it has been knowing I can still diet, still lose weight and still go out with dh and feel like I am still amoung the living.

The thing on fast food is, you didn't have to rack your brain thinking and planning for it. So maybe it was just comforting to just do it without all the thought process. Be careful here, that is one of the things that greatly contributed to my weight gain. I got to busy to plan my food and I was forever just grabbing fast food and anything prepared by someone else. Bingo I put on 50 pounds so fast my head was spinning.

Yeah it could have been worse, a trick I use when dh wants to go somewhere that is not really that good for me to eat. I half everything and put that 1/2 away, and eat the other half. Normally by the time we get home I feel full and don't want the other half. but while sitting there in the restaurant I will think about it, but won't eat it. It really surprised me the first time it happened. I sat there wanting to eat the other half, but didn't, then when we got home I couldn't eat it if you forced it down my throat. I had heard about this but never tried. Well have a better day and hang in there till you get around this corner!