Old 05-03-2004, 09:20 PM   #31  

Hubby cooked supper while I did the FIRM! & no I didn't do it long I thought I was going to die! WHere do those people really come from that can bounce & talk for an hour? I'm not real proud of myself on that part of the day. Then I ate supper with him. THe boys were gone to a game with a friend & they went to Subway so I didn't have to worry about them getting anything & I ate 2 hamburgers! Oh well the rest of the day I did good besides that.
Janiepeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:35 PM   #32  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Default Day 1

Congrats to everyone on their losses so far! You are all doing great! Time for me to play catch-up!

Today's food:
Breakfast (if you can call eating at 1:30 in the afternoon "breakfast")
Coffee with creamer
V8
1 slice of 12-grain toast with an egg and American cheese melted on top

Lunch--4:45pm
2 glasses of water
Chicken noodle soup
Ritz crackers

Dinner--6:30pm
1 glass of water
Bread with margarine
Green Beans
Cottage Cheese
Boiled Potatoes with Sour Cream
Steak with sautéed onions

Lunch and dinner were kind of close together--all of my meals were, actually. But the whole family was here for dinner, which kind of obliged me to sit down and eat at the same time they did. It also seems like I ate a really big dinner, which I guess I did, but my calories for the day still came in at 1660. It doesn't seem like I'm eating very healthy, but right now I'm just trying to watch total caloric intake. Once I get moving in the right direction I plan to start watching fat/carbs/protein too. Besides... this is still a lot less than I used to eat, just a few months ago I would have had seconds of everything at every meal, and probably soda instead of water, and I would have baked those cookies I was craving this afternoon.
Instead, after dinner this evening I went to the store to stock up on sugar-free jello and pudding, and more fat-free fudgesicles (to stave off the chocolate cravings). I also got some feta cheese, which is simply awesome with scrambled eggs, and only 70 calories per 1/4 cup, which is usually more than I use anyway.
And now I'm wanting to have a fudgesicle, and a glass of wine, and to curl up in bed under my nice warm blankets and read a good book and not get on the treadmill. I spent too much time on the stairclimber on Saturday and my calves are still protesting with every step I take. So I'm making myself a deal: if I get on the treadmill for at least half an hour I can have a fudgesicle. If not, no treats. I'll probably go with option #2.
I've gotten so bad about exercising. I used to be able to get all my exercise in but do terribly with food, and now I'm doing a lot better with food, but terrible with exercise. I just seem so tired lately. I think maybe I'm not getting enough vitamins or something. My body doesn't want to move. I know, if I started exercising again and just stuck with it for a while, I'd want to move again, that's what happened last time. I just can't seem to get with it. The other thing about exercising tonight is that I have to work late tomorrow, so if I don't get up and do it in the morning then I won't exercise at all tomorrow, and if I get on the treadmill tonight walking in the morning will be exhausting. So I'm thinking I might just go take a bath in the nice clean bathtub (I cleaned all day--that should count as a workout!) and climb under those blankets and get some sleep, giving my calves--and my eyes--some needed rest. I just feel guilty about not doing it when I know I should, even if I also have valid reasons for not doing it.

On the plus side....
I took my measurements today, and the offical results:
Down 1 pound from last week... total of 6#s for April., and a total of 4.5 inches.
I can live with that. Now, for my repeat performance.....

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:04 AM   #33  
"workin' on my fitness"

Talking Good Morning, chickies!

Morning! Ahhh- it's a great day today! My shadow is missing- she has something in court today, so I will have a nice, quiet day, and lunch out in the park with my magazine & music...it's going to be a great day!

Got up this morning & did 1 mile WATP. About halfway through the mile, hubby came up, and got back into bed. I hate being watched while I look like a dork doing these tapes, so I had to annoy him until he rolled over & pulled the covers up over him. LOL. Seriously- I don't mind if I'm on the bike & he's in the room, but I just don't like being watched as I get sweaty and disgusting. That one of the reasons I do this at home, and not a gym!

Trimmed my bangs this morning so I can see, and enjoyed a nice, quiet breakfast here at my desk, without interruptions.

Breakfast:
1/3 cup smart start with soy protein
1oz fat free swiss cheese
1 apple & cinnamon cottage double
1 4oz can pineapple chunks, drained.

Lunch today is:
2 meatballs
3/4 cup bowtie pasta
1/3 cup sauce
1 4oz can mixed fruit, drained

Dinner- TBD- no ideas yet, and I'm very full from breakfast.

Afternoon exercise- 1 mile WATP to warm up, and then the Shortcuts Upper Body Workout.

Lucy- Great NSV there with your old clothes! Woo Hoo, girl!

Julie- you & those smilies...how funny! Mmmm...strawberries...where's my baggie?

Janie- I know what you mean with the FIRM. I've got some older tapes, and I can only get through the upper body one- minus the pushups. The others kick my butt too much. And those perky, bouncy people...they must have been cheerleaders from **** in another life.

Miss Elisha- great job with the measurements & the 6 pound loss. Good Work! Hope you got up & exercised this morning like you planned

Happy Tuesday, chickies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:29 AM   #34  
lakester

Good Morning Ladies! it sure sounds like everyone is off to a great start. I had a good day yesterday all the way around, food, excercise and water. I will get ready and do my workout as soon as I finish this post. Does anyone know where I can rent-a-thug to "encourage" me on the treadmill with a cattle prod? No?... hum... I guess I will just have to kick my own butt! I have to take Bo in to be neutered tomorrow morning so I don't know when I'll be back, keep up the good work, I'll check in when I can.
lakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:15 AM   #35  
"workin' on my fitness"

lakester, I've got a taser that Julie's seen the business end of (just a picture, but still effective to getting the tush moving!)

Old 05-04-2004, 11:05 AM   #36  
LucyKitty

*Giant yawn* Good morning!!! Too early for my liking but it's already today, so I guess I have to keep my butt moving.

I am STARVING. I didn't eat anything after dinner last night (Except a root beer cuz I needed something to drink and something sweet), and so when I woke up at 7:30, I felt horribly sick (I don't feel the actual hunger, that part of my stomach is nerve-dead, so I feel sick instead when I'm hungry), and I am waiting to put something in there until it calms a little bit. Blech!! I guess maybe I DO need an after dinner snack, but something healthier than the junk I usually eat. Hmm... this week will just have to wait, but Friday we'll go shopping & I'll find somehting to munch on nights that is low-cal, low-fat & whatnot.

No formal workout today, aside from the lunges & squats & situps. Legs are sick of doing the stepper -- doesn't help 'em at the moment, and the bike is totally busted. I can't wait till this weekend for my DDR stuff!! WOO!!!

So it looks like the house thing is going great, finally. We're going up Saturday w/ my parents and cleaning -everything-. As in the entire inside of the house gets a quick scrub-down, the 1000 sq ft shop gets emptied & cleaned, and whatever is left to sell (not keep/throw away), gets priced on Sunday after we do stuff w/ moms.

So at least I'll get a workout on Saturday.

Today I have more real estate crap to deal with *yay more paperwork!* and 4 tapes as usual, but these are not going to be fun... blech.

Food:
B- pesto & something else, not sure what...
L - leftover nachos from dinner last night
D - broiled chicken breast, side of pasta, side of salad

And that's about all she wrote, I think. Yep. That's about it. Hope everybody has an awesome day, and keep it positive chickies!!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:20 AM   #37  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Morning chicks!

What a beautiful day it is today! Instead of climbing on the treadmill like I intended to this morning, I climbed to the top of our driveway, which is about half a mile uphill. I went a little slow today, about 20 minutes for the entire mile round-trip, but it was uphill, so I guess that can account for the difference. That and the fact that I hardly worked out at all last month. I plan to do at least 15 minutes on either the stairclimber or the treadmill when I get home from work, to make up my "At least 30 minutes" goal for the day, and an UB circuit, and possibly a LB one, depending on the state of my calves (stupid stairclimber! at least I know it's working!).

For breakfast... bleh... bad, but not irrepairable.
2 scrambled eggs with 1/4 cup of feta cheese. I wanted to measure the cheese to get an approximation of the calories. 1/4 cup is a LOT of feta! I barely use half that much!
2 slices of 12-grain toast with margarine
1 cup of coffee with creamer
1 glass of V8
Breakfast comes in at 650 calories.

Lunch will be:
1 can Diet Dr. Pepper--my fave!
2 slices of 12-grain bread with 1 slice of low-fat bologna and mustard
1 serv. of mini cheddar cheese rice cakes
That adds up to about 320 calories, giving me a total of 970 for the day. A little above where I wanted to be at that point, but I guess I'll have a light dinner.

Has anyone heard of the theory of going to "extremes" with your calories intake occasionally? I don't know what the theory is called exactly, but I've seen a couple people talking about it in the journals and in the forum. I guess if you have a goal of 1500 calories per day, for example, one day you'd only eat 1300, then the next day you eat 1700, then you balance out at 1500 for a while. Is that right? Has anyone tried it? Does it work? I kind of do that anyone, but not on purpose. Some days I'm really low... around 1200-1300, and some days I'm hard pressed to keep it under 1700. I try not to worry too much about it though, just so I'm in the general range. But if it works, I might as well do it on purpose.

Oh, and just for the record, no exercise last night, so no treats. I'm thinking that if I have a can of soup and some crackers for dinner, or something else low-cal, that will still leave me room for a treat tonight. But only if I exercise!

Ok, off to get ready for work. Fun fun.
Have a great day everyone!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:44 PM   #38  
"workin' on my fitness"

Where is everyone today? LOL. Yeah, everyone's working & doing what they are supposed to, and I'm killing time!

Lunch was nice- I went to the park because my shadow was out today....it's gorgeous out there- was mid-80s...I parked under a tree & read & listened to my music...it's definitely a great way to re-charge the batteries & clear the head. Ahhh!

Lucy- sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. What about cottage doubles for that snack? (Yeah, I'm a pusher now...) at least it's pretty balanced, and shouldn't upset things on you.

Elisha- I know that some athletes do that with their caloric intake, and I guess it works, to some extent. Keeps the body guessing on what amount of fuel it's going to get, so that it takes from the fat stores. At least that's the way I understand it. Maybe someone else will come along who knows more about it. And a half mile driveway? That's got to be a $%&@! in the winter! :O

All right chickies....I'm going to try to work on a school lesson, since I've been shuffling the same 10 thinigs around on my desk all morning, and I'm waiting on other people before I can move forward. Have a great afternoon!
Old 05-04-2004, 03:44 PM   #39  

Default I'm in!

I made it! Hopefully this will post and I will be an official forum user - not just the journals. So yep - I'm in for this challenge but must admit I actually started May 3 - had a last hurrah on the weekend - oops.

Goals -

1)Exercise at least 5 of 7 days

2)Stay at 1100 calories or less during the week with an allowance of ONLY one day per week when I may have wine and go as far up as 1300 calories

3)Exception - May 14/15 weekend trip will be tough - I'm going on a corporate retreat with fancy restaurants, booze, etc. everything being paid for and food will be 'provided' - sigh - poor me, right? I can have a maximum of 1500 calories those two days, but will aim for lower

4)No weighing until May 30

Goal - lose 5 pounds
forrealthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:07 PM   #40  
LucyKitty

Jennifer - Nah... I don't like stuff to mix. I know, I'm weird. Plus if I eat the cottage cheese w/ that much protein within 4 hours before bed, I'll never get to fall asleep!! I have some carrot sticks & whatnot, I'll be okay.

Stuff has been going well today. Very tired, though. I don't really want the nachos for lunch. They look really... not good. I don' tknow what I'm having, but I'll be doing that right after I hop off the pc for a bit. I might take a quick nap, but I odn't know. 4 tapes to do, still... ugh.

I'm definitely going to realx as much as possible today, though. That's a definite...
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:46 PM   #41  
"workin' on my fitness"

Forreal- Glad you managed to get in here! Yaaaay! And the goals look awesome. We might need you to clue us in to your routines to get the body moving more. Heck, I'm coming to Canada just to take your classes & see if I survive them Welcome!

Lucy- yes, you ARE weird (((kitty))) but we like you that way. :P
Old 05-04-2004, 06:05 PM   #42  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone, looks like I've lost another 2 pounds!!! YAY!! I'm definately gonna exercise today. I just went bought me some 5 pound weights, but I dont remember all of the upper arm exercises to do.. Any one has any for me in mind. I wanna work on these boobs, or shall i say chest area!! Hey it's pretty hard to do a sit up if you know what I mean chickies!!! LOL I'm doing good on my diet and I actually drank quite a bit of water today soooo so far so good!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:38 PM   #43  
"workin' on my fitness"

Jaymi, PM me here with your email address- I have a few cheat sheets with different arm exercises I can send you!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #44  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default OH, HOW I HATE SPECIAL K!!!! (Really long...sorry!)

Those darned pop-ups drive me NUTS!!!! OK...I'm done with that!

Now to report my day! Can I start with the good stuff first???

Exercise! This morning I did 2 miles WATP before showering! Yea me! Then (because of some other details I will discuss later) I did 20 minutes on the bike after supper tonight! Yea me, again! That's TWO sessions of cardio in ONE day! A new record for me!

Now...as far as my day! Did I mention the full moon last night???? If any of you are into that kind of stuff, I totally beleive that a full moon has something to do with the behavior of people!!! And it's not a pretty thing! OMG...today was a day from **** at work...but it went by fast with sooo much to do! I love all the residents in the nursing home...don't get me wrong...they have all lived their lives, but dementia is a difficult disease WITHOUT a full moon! Add the full moon and all heck breaks loose around there!!! UGH!!!! And I'm pretty sure that dysfunctional people are affected by this full moon as well, so add THAT to the pot and you have lots and lots of CHAOS!!!!! I'm so glad that now I am able to go to my office and close the door and only hear the sound of the phone...which was ringing off the hook today!

But...I digress (because I don't want to discuss this bad scene...) Amongst all the chaos, we had a Rootbeer Float party for the residents, and being the good Activity Director, I of course helped my assistant. I told her I would go get the residents and bring them to the dining room, while she scooped up the icecream (so I wouldn't be tempted!). And that went well, but this is where all the chaos began...with one resident telling me that she was not going to have me in ..."her home if I was going to be bossed around (I was trying to get her to put both hands on the walker while trying to get a pop can out of her hands, for safety's sake!)...anyway... I got the residents down and then asked my assistant if I could help her with getting the sodas ready...of course she said yes!!! Then hubby called in the middle of all of this wanting to know where the bed skirt was so he could make up our new bed...like I knew exactly where it was...told him to look for it...he told me he did but couldn't find it...like calling me would find it for him...so I told him not to get whiny (he was!)...and he hung up on me! Yea! Grrrr!

Anyway...
and here comes the messy stuff! So there I was...in the middle of lots and lots of icecream...I mean an ice cream place donated like 3 cases of these 20 oz. cups full of vanilla ice cream...and it was all over the kitchen! So I grabbed one that had been partially scooped out and started eating (immediate reaction to husband calling and ticking me off in the middle of one of the most chaotic days at work...) Oh, and it tasted so good! I kept eating and all the while not even THINKING that I was doing something I should not have done! And THEN I offered to help pass the rest out to the residents in their rooms (who didn't come to the party)! Big mistake! I at some more...about another 4 oz...or more! It did taste really good! Have I mentioned that??? And then to top it all off, as I was leaving and had to pass by the break room to my car, I remembered that I put the leftovers in there and wondered if there was any left? YUP...there was! Could I have chosen to keep on walking and not look in the break room? Yup...could have! Could I have shut the door and walked out when I realized what I was doing? YUP, could have? Could I have chosen NOT to take ANOTHER cup of icecream with me on my way out the door? YUP, could have...but didn't! So, I think I had 2 cups of vanilla icecream today total! There...you have the whole confession now!

For the rest of the day, I was OP with all my food and even tried to make up for the icecream tonight with supper by just having 4 oz. grilled chicken, some lettuce & 1 oz. cheese ligthtly sprinkled with raspberry balsamic vinegar! And 6 oz. skim milk! I drank my water...up to 60 oz. so far and still drinking! I figured I would work off SOME of the ice cream by doing some form of cardio tonight, so that's why I did the bike after supper! UGH! Tomorrow is a new day! Yea!

Thanks for listening and reading. The rest of you are kicking butt! I need to stay away from the icecream for the rest of the summer or if I do, plan to have just 4 oz.! It WILL be around because this icecream place has already said it is going to donate weekly! Oh my!

You chickies are the greatest! (That's my way of groveling, so I won't see that tazer in my face any time soon...yes Lakester...Jennifer zaps a pretty mean tazer and so does Lisa, but she's not here right now, so I escaped at least one of those "thugs"!!!) But really...you all are the best!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:04 PM   #45  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janiepeppers
Hubby cooked supper while I did the FIRM! & no I didn't do it long I thought I was going to die! WHere do those people really come from that can bounce & talk for an hour? I'm not real proud of myself on that part of the day. Then I ate supper with him. THe boys were gone to a game with a friend & they went to Subway so I didn't have to worry about them getting anything & I ate 2 hamburgers! Oh well the rest of the day I did good besides that.
Yea for you on doing the FIRM (which is, once again...????) You just keep on keepin on and keep on motivating ME, chickie and you will be doing just fine!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote