Old 05-24-2004, 11:33 AM   #181  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I haven't exactly been mentally sound. My grandfather died at the beginning of last week and my entire life was put on hold. Now the funeral is done and the whole ordeal of the past week is over, so now I get to resume my life as normal. Only not exactly.
I feel like today is the day I get to start again, like this is a completely new phase of my life. Today I go back to tracking my diet. Today I go back to exercise. Today I go back to life as I know it. But it's not life as I know it--it's life without Grandpa. So I have to adjust.
Last week I did not pay a single bit of attention to what I was or was not eating. Everyone brought food to both our house and my grandmother's, and there was lots of fast food on the 2-hour trips between. But I haven't gained anything, so that at least is good. Of course, I didn't lose any either, but that's ok. Sometimes it's all we can do just to get through the day. But I only have 1 more pound to lose this week to meet my Memorial Day/Elisha's 24th Birthday Challenge goal of 215, and that's perfectly do-able, especially considering that I had been losing 2 pounds a week.

But anyway, I'm sorry I missed what was going on here. I hope you are all doing well. I'm back now, and I'm trying to be back on track, so I'll keep you updated. Oh! And my brother is putting my new computer together this evening, so technology shouldn't be a problem any more. Yay! So I guess it's not all bad news.

I'll be back later tonight, hopefully with my new computer.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:20 PM   #182  

Thanks Jaymi I will try to do that but I'm not real good at stuff like that.
I have a devil beside my name one b/c I really am mean! & 2 b/c thats my school mascot! I looked at your profile but couldn't find where your picture was I guess I will need detail instructions for that too.
Glad u are not crying today thats a great thing!
Janiepeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:27 PM   #183  

Height: 5 foot

Default Janie!!!

Janie , you are too funny!! I will put a picture of me closest to my weight now, but my hair was dark on there I was about 160 lbs. I'll put one up with my sister and kids too! I still dont believe you!!!

Miss Elisha- I've been wondering where you were!! Sooo sorry to hear about your grandpa.... losing a loved one sucks!!! But I"m glad you are back and that you hadnt left us!!! You will definately meet your goal!! The great thing is that you didnt gain!! Yay!! Well, we'll meet our goal together... I have 3 more lbs I wanna try and get off!! I know it might not be doable, but I still wanna try anyway! I wont be disappointed either way.

Well today was a good day. Some things attempted to happen, but I didnt let them. No way!! Looks like we might get to stay a couple of extra days in TX so that's great. The drive sucks though!!! 15-18 hrs...yikes!!! It's pretty hard with the baby!! She doesnt sleep like most babies do. My son sleeps the whole time. My son has lost more weight..sheesh!! He weighs 66 lbs. He looks skinny to me now!! He has been having a on and off fever for the last couple of days. No other symptoms, so I will wait before spending all our money for a doctor to prescribe tylenol!! One thing you learn fast!! Fevers arent something to panic about!!! Well I gotta go for now!!! Talk with you chickies later....
Jay
ps i lied about the family pic...cant find it so I gotta scan it again!! Later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:38 PM   #184  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default No Crap challenge

OK, well today I:

1. Exercised for 40 minutes this morning (WATP), and went for a short hike at the state park tonight. I was checking it out for the trails to see how "doable" they are! I am thinking I'm a little fearful of hiking those trails by myself...even with my dog! Not so much for the physical part of it, just that I'm not so sure I want to be all alone on a trail and run into a stranger...if you know what I mean! Hmmmm....anyone want to join me in a hike? LOL! I did however clock the mileage from our house to the park and it's only 6 miles which is doable on the bike! So I am going to try that!

2. Food...no crap turned into a little crap! The brownie I had promised DD was really not what she wanted and she ate about two bites of it...leaving all that chocolate yumminess for little ole me! So...I struck out on this one today! But the rest of my food was good. Here goes:
16 oz. water with exercise before b-fast.
B-fast: asparagus, onion, ham & cheese omlette. Coffee w/ Fr. vanilla creamer. Water.
Snack: 1 cup strawberries
Lunch: grilled turkey ham & cheese sandwich. Water.
Snack: that dreaded brownie! UGH!
Supper: I prepared sausages on the grill but then read the nutritional label and saw that they had 24 gms of fat in ONE! So I fed them to hubby & DD and opted for 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Zatarans beans & rice, and about 1 cup sauteed (in olive oil) onions & gr. peppers. Water
After supper drink: 16 oz. 1/2 fat free fr. vanilla capucino & 1/2 coffee.
and...a few licks off my DD's icecream cone because she was dripping all over!

2. Feelings: I still am feeling under the weather. My throat gets all raw in the evening...maybe it's allergies, but I'll be happy when it's done ! I'm still coughing which is also irritating to the throat and to me! I made a few not-so-good choices today, but all in all I made better choices today than yesterday! I am watching The Swan tonight and I haven't decided yet how I feel about that show. One one hand, I think it's great that these women get their mind and body together, but I'm not so sure about having to compete with other women because I think anyone who works that hard is a winner! We are all winners!

My plan tomorrow is to stick with my goals for the week which I will reiterate here:
1. Exercise at least 30 minutes
2. Stick with the food plan laid out! (I need to print out this weeks plan and put it on the fridge which I haven't done yet!)
3. Journal tomorrow about the day!

Thanks all for being supportive! This is a great challenge and it is really helping me to see the ways I can be dishonest with myself!

Until tomorrow! Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:44 PM   #185  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_elisha
Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I haven't exactly been mentally sound. My grandfather died at the beginning of last week and my entire life was put on hold. Now the funeral is done and the whole ordeal of the past week is over, so now I get to resume my life as normal. Only not exactly.
I feel like today is the day I get to start again, like this is a completely new phase of my life. Today I go back to tracking my diet. Today I go back to exercise. Today I go back to life as I know it. But it's not life as I know it--it's life without Grandpa. So I have to adjust.
~Elisha
Ms. Elisha...so sorry to hear about your grandfather. It's never easy to lose a loved one. My heart and prayers go out to you! You are right...life is not the same and never will be! But you do have a positive attitude and I liked what you said about giving yourself some slack during this difficult time. Life happens, sometimes and we have to adjust. Hang in there chickie. I am sure you will get to your goal this week! You are just doing awesome!
(((((((Elisha)))))))))
Old 05-24-2004, 10:57 PM   #186  

Miss Elisha sorry about your grandfather that is a terrible thing to go thru.
Hikein sounds like your exercise is great even though u aren't feeling well. THat is usually a good excuse not to get out & go & u are still doing it so be proud!
JAYMI! U are beautiful! Thanks so much for the pic. I tried your instructions about the picture & I can't seem to find anything like what u described. I'm doing good to get on here & type!
I know u are excited about the trip to TX. A baby that don't sleep in the car sucks! I think I would give her a good dose of nyquil! It won't hurt her all 4 of mine are still alive!
My biggest twin hit a grandslam tonight! & we won I sceamed until my throat hurt! going to bed now.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:31 PM   #187  
"workin' on my fitness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_elisha
Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I haven't exactly been mentally sound. My grandfather died at the beginning of last week and my entire life was put on hold. ~Elisha
Elisha, I'm so sorry, sweetie.....
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #188  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hi chickies...another super-busy day at the office- month end closing in. Got all my papers in order yesterday...all our ducks in a row....got the application in with our employee lending...just waiting to hear back from them....arrrgh! know what I mean? Now for the nervous anticipation to settle in... ... I'm waaaaay too antsy. So I'm bouncing off the walls, and I'm just waiting for them to call me back & tell me everything's a go.

Can you tell that I'm hyper right now????

Food is on target, water is a little low, since I've been trapped on the phone & doing more talking than drinking...exercise today has been non-existant, so I have to do something once I get home. Ay yai yai....it's going to be a hectic week!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 03:03 PM   #189  

Hi Chickies!!

Just a quick drop by because I got soo much work to do. My challenge is going wearily, yesterday I had too less calories, too embarrased to say, and today I've alread ate 850, so I'm confused. I've exercised both days so that's not a problem. I keep getting side cramps when I get on the treadmill, I dont' get it. When I do other exercises I dont get them. I went got a cup of grapes and ate them while I was on there and it went away. I guess thats my answer huh?!? EAT HEFFA!!!

Hikein- sorry you are still a bit sick...take some vitiamins!!! You are doing great on your challenge, a brownie isnt like you ate a whole cake!!! Besides, I ate some gummi worms last night....even if they didnt even help my calories go up at all, so see no big deal!!

The Swan sucks to me, I mean if they dont' like who they are in the inside, just because they got this quick fix and look better doesnt mean that they will love themselves more. I mean they all have husbands, someone loved them the way they looked before!! And I still think it exploits women by saying what's considered beautiful and what's not. Someone can be beautiful with crooked teeth, fat, skinny, no boobs,. I mean come on!! And the work that they get done to them? Lip and cheek implants?!?!? Give me a break? I'm sorry, that's just not right, What are we teaching children and teens by this show, that if you dont like how you look you should just go get surgery to rearrange for face? How about accepting and loving ourselves for who we are? If I dont love myself or even care about myself now, then when I lose all of my weight, I still wont be happy. Some of you, your weight may be your only problems in life, but some of you have other problems, and losing your weight won't make them go away right? OOOH sorry, but I was mad at that show last night!!!

Janie- I dont know any other way to show you, I wish I could send you a picture with arrows describing it, but I'm not that computer enhanced either!! Maybe when I'm not doing anything, I could try it out!! Who knows, but I bet my sister could though! Nyquil is the only thing I havent tried. HMM(evil grin)

Jenn- Doing great chickie, glad everythings working for ya!

Well I guess I'll get my butt in gear while Dora is playing for now, I gotta take the darn dog out too. Sometimes I could just strangle that dog!! The dog is crying to go pee, and the baby is sleep in my arms, I can't just throw the baby on the floor to take the dog out?!?!? So I go to put the baby down and come back to a big wet spot...GGRRRR I told the dog to hold it 1 minute!!! If dogs could speak english, it would be muuuch easier. Well try to check back later.... Jay
Old 05-25-2004, 05:30 PM   #190  
motomom

Default Checkin IN

ARGH! This no crap challenge has turned into a "full of crap" challenge! I mean, I know that no one puts the stuff in my mouth, so why can I NOT have an ounce of self control!!!!????

I will start with the good stuff first! Exercise! Did 20 minutes of WATP this morning! That was a good thing because from there it has just gone down hill! Not a plan in my head...or on paper because I still haven't printed out my menu for the week...the week will be over before I get it printed...No! I am going to do it now before I type one more word!

OK...Done! I just printed out my menu plan which was pretty much done for the week. Just had to fill in suppers which is easy this week. So, here's my food eaten today. Don't ask! One of my favorite residents died over the weekend and her funeral was today, so I went to that this morning.

B-fast: 1/2 piece of whole wheat toast, frozen/nuked scrambled eggs/bacon w/ salsa--blech! Only at about 1/2 of it!
Funeral Food: 1 glass punch, 1 small piece of cake (why did I feel the need to justify that???)
Lunch: 1/2 cup sweet potato w/ butter, a few tidbits of pineapple & about 2 oz. ham...not very balanced or appetizing, but I was hungry!
Snack: Thank goodnes I had the foresight to bring a ZONE BAR to work with me!!! By 3pm I was ravenous!!!
Snack when I got home: 1 oz deli turkey ham, 1 mozzerella cheese stick
OK...and I have to confess to eating a piece of Hallmark chocolate that this deceased resident's family brought in...a dark chocolate coconut truffle!

I'm going to make my supper which is going to be lots of veggies and some protein! You all can get out the tazer NOW and point it right to my a**!!! Cake and a truffle...what the heck am I thinking???? ARRRRGGGHHH!

Alright...off I go to make supper and then...since it's not raining, I am going for a walk with the dog, Tasha tonight. I may let DD come along if she promises not to whine about her "legs hurting!"

Hugs!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:41 AM   #191  
lakester

Good Morning Ladies,
I am back from the Pacific Northwest and I was a bad, bad girl! Sunday night when we got in to Portland we went to this great place called Jakes and had a wonderful meal! Crab cakes for appetizer, then an arugala salad, followed by Jakes etouffe (spelling?) and then their famouse chocolate truffle cake sundae! yikes!!! oh and I best not forget the before dinner drink! Jim could have rolled me back to the hotel! Monday morning the told us there would be a continental breakfast before the meeting, so ok some fruit and stuff will be fine but nooooo! all there is is sweet rolls and coffee! I did manage to find a blueberry scone (better than the danish!) to go with my coffee! Then for lunch we went to a pizza place, I did ok there, half a slice of thin crust cheese pizza and a small ceaser salad. Supper was at the italian place in the hotel. One before dinner drink (absolute gimlet, yikes!), we skipped the appetizer (yeah!), I had a mixed greens salad and a meatless sauce on angel hair pasta. Now for the confession..... I ate a couple pieces of bread with olive oil (it was soooooo good!) The good news is we skipped dessert! We had an early flight (7am be at the airport by 6am) home. Not much to choose from so we had bacon, egg and cheese biscuit at Wendy's. We didn't really eat another meal but cosumed vast amounts of junk (i.e. peanut m&m,s, frozen yogurt, and fresh salsa with chips!) Lord please save me from myself! Today is a brand new day though and I will keep the past few days in the past where they belong and start fresh! I afraid I slept late (the time zone thing kills me!) so I will have to fit a workout in somewhere. I should be very busy and active today. The house needs cleaning (dogs are so rough on the hardwood floors!) and the grass needs to be cut. Hubby left for canada this morning (early, I was up at 4am with him for a while) and won't be back until Friday, so I don't have to worry about meals for him. I will eat good meals and drink-drink-drink the water, exercise I am not sure yet, it is so humid out and already in the 70's, looks like rain too, probably the weight machine in the basement. I should take a walk but Miss Whoopie gets sooo crabby if we get caught in the rain! last time it happened I had to carry her most of the way home! Anyway that is the tentitive plan, I'll let you know tomorrow how well I did. Now for you guys!

Hikein 2005 - don't be too hard on yourself, from this moment on you can be crap free! the hiking trail sounds nice but I agree you should exercise caution (is there anything that doesn't need exercise?!)

Jaymi - it sounds like you have a handle on things, I'm real proud of you! Your photo is beautiful! no wonder you have such beautiful children!!!!

Jennifer - I am so happy for you! your life will be a whirlwind but I think you will like it for the most part. My only caution is builders are like baby doctors, they give you a due date but are often late in delivering! Have fun, I couldn't get your attachments to come up but I am sure it is lovely!

Janie - I can empathise with the sunburn, I keep forgetting how much stronger the sun is here than in Wisconsin and whoops! sunburn again!
Give that little slugger a high five for me, a grand slam wow! now wonder you scream your head off!

elisha - I am so sorry for your loss, I wish I could say something that would make it better. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. It is nice to have you back.

Well I want to check the journals and then get to work! so have a great day and I'll talk to you all tomorrow!
lakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:28 AM   #192  

Hi everyone!! This morning was loaded with drama!! But I wasnt upset or stressed about it. I dont know why, but whatever. Since I trust you chickies more than people I actually know, , then I'll let u in on a little, dont want to write a 10 page post!! Ok I told you about the car situation, we'll except for the part where my husband went up there and put $2,000 down because the man said we would automatically be approved, well hubby's parents were supposed to co-sign for him, and just say it was all their fault that he would need a co-signer at all, but they swore up and down they would, and when the day came up, they backed out. (poor hubby) He was soo hurt about it, but anyway he said we'd still be able to do it, blah blah and so far he's been stringing us along for like a month or so and he didnt want to give back the money... My husbands first mistake was to let him keep saying he forgot to bring the receipt and blah,blah. N-e-way, he called the manager of Ford and told him. The man didnt want to believe that could happen, so my hubby said well if I record our conversation and get the man to say all of this will you beleive it and he said yes. So he got the man on tape last night, and I had to call the manager and play the tape for him on his voicemail. So we can get our money for a way of transportation to TX!!! Anyway so my hubby said the man is going to get fired and he's worried the man might come over here and try something so he called the police to drive around here and couple of extra times. So basically I'm sitting here waiting for a banging on the door or some crap to call 911. I'm soooo not scared of that !!! But the bad thing is, even all that man did to us, taking advantage, and lying, I just want our money back. I dont want the man to lose his job. I feel sorry for him....and I dont feel like if someone does things to you, that you are supposed to retaliate in that way. My hubby told the manager that it wasnt his intention for the man to lose his job, just he wants his money!! So, I guess I either am stupid, naive, or too senstive. But oh well!!!

Hikein- Me and you gotta talk!!! I didnt start this challenge for you to be so upset and down the whole time!!!!! The point is to see first of all what your goals are and which ones you are harder or easier. This is not a competition of anykind. So now because you are killing my heart!! I'm going to explain the rules better so that you can "enjoy" this challenge instead of resenting it. Ok this week is the first week, it's not about failing or messing up or even succeeding. It's about setting your goals, seeing where your weaknessess are and where your stronger points are. Instead of being sooo down on your self for not acheiving a goal, then write it down and next week instead of saying you want to do it a whole week, start off with just one day. The goals dont have to be all about....no doing this and no doing this. Allow yourself some things like say " I can have sweets for two days this week" So if you eat candy or something, just say ok, I can only do this for one more day instead of beating yourself up about it!!! If you keep being so down on yourself I'm going to tazer your butt for that!!! I mean, duh, if I would have been in the same situation as you, I would have ate them too, probably way more!! What human being has 100% self-control, now unless you have came from another planet or something you are only human and you can only expect soo much from yourself...ok!!! I didnt start this challenge for you to be so upset and miserable!! I want it to be fun, and something that we can use to learn more about ourselves, but if they are negative, turn it around to a positive..!!! Let's start over as in...today! Redo your goals, allow some leaniance (or however you spell it) and try to set more simpler goals at first. I will do the same.

Janie- is that your pic on the journals?!?! You're beautiful, what are you kidding me?!? If I hear you say anything negative I will definately get the tazer for you!!! I know you are upset about the 8 days, but you are working extra hard and telling your body to do something, so give it time to figure it out. I can you are trying as hard as you can, and although it might not have showed immediately, it will pay off!! Just keep it up ok? By the way, what is a sunburn?!?! Nah I just never got one because I tan like crazy.Lakester- Thanks for the compliment!! Man, that trip sounds great!! YUMMY!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and had a good time, that's what lifes all about, enjoying it!

Well so for today, I've eaten breakfast and exercised, but I'm not sure how I'm going to fit my treadmill workout in, I need to get the rest of the house together, so I'm not sure if I should try to do them both or not. Choices, choices!! Well Dora is off now, so I better try to figure something out. Check back later! Jay
Old 05-26-2004, 12:30 PM   #193  

Lakester glad u're back & had a good time. Who cares what u ate on Vacation! don't give it a 2nd thought. I've already decided who cares on vacation!
Hey Jaymi. I don't know if thats my pic or not I have not been there yet to see if they have it up. Did u get my email??? People can be mean & ruthless & I can't believe they wanted to keep your money I bet he had pocket it! He needs to loose his job if he is that dishonest!
HOpe everything is going good for everyone!\
hiken CHILL! u worry too much
Old 05-26-2004, 12:49 PM   #194  

YEs Jaymi Its me ! I can't believe I did it! I really don't know how I got it sent but I did. Now maybe I can figure out a way to send my babies pictures. ThanksSO MUCH
Old 05-26-2004, 01:36 PM   #195  
LucyKitty

Aah okay fake post. I have way too much going on today & yesterday and I promise I'll actually update later on.

College = good, everything else = good. Back later!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote