Old 07-18-2018, 05:19 PM   #166  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey everyone...we're baaaack! (Thank you for the well wishes for our trip! We had a great time.)

We got back around 4am this morning, and I am getting right back into my usual routine ASAP today. Unfortunately, I didn't end up logging my foods while we were gone, we went out to eat every day, and I barely drank any water the whole visit...especially compared to my usual goal of a gallon a day, lol. So, needless to say, I was a little hesitant to step on the scale today because I obviously knew there would be a considerable gain. I went up 8.2 lbs while I was gone -- which was only for 8 days, so that is basically a pound a day! I'm hoping a good chunk of it is bloat and that however much is real, solid weight gain will come off in a relatively timely manner since I'll be getting back to my day-to-day routine right away. Fingers crossed!

Week Three
15: NWI - Out of Town.
16: NWI - Out of Town.
17: NWI - Out of Town.
18: 176.2
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
Last Weigh-In Before Vacation: 168.0
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #167  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

My Second Month of Maintenance
SW: 115.5
TW: <119

July 1: 115.5
July 3: 117.5
July 4: 116.2
July 5th: 115.3
July 6th: 115.3
July 7th: 116.4
July 10th: 117.5
July 11th: 116.4
July 12th: 115.7
July 13th: 115.5
July 14th: 114.6
July 15th: 114.8
July 16th: 114.6
July 17th: 114.8
July 18th: 115.7
July 19th: 115.5

Plodding along. Not being great with eating. My basic meals are pretty good, but a bit more snacking seems to be sneaking in. Still in happy weight-zone though, and after a load of mini-bumps today i'm back where i started the month, so i'd call that maintenance
Why can't I copy (to do a copy and paste) any more? Sigh. Have had to quote my whole last post and chop bits out now, it seems.

Ophelia - great to have you back again. We missed you! 8lb's sounds harsh for 8 days of holiday. You're right though, you'll get it all back off quickly if you go back to old habits.
Just because i'm nosey.... did you a) try and watch what you were eating a bit, b) eat what everyone else ate, c) used the opportunity to indulge in some extras?
And whilst i'm being nosey.... did you get some comments on your weight loss from the family?
Good luck with having an easy brain transition back to the plan

Last edited by ange82much; 07-18-2018 at 06:24 PM.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all the congratulations! I'm so proud of myself for sticking to it this time and no signs of stopping!

Ophelia welcome back! Missed your positive attitude. You'll get back to your pre-vacation weight. You've come so far, this is just another step!

Ange No clothes shopping yet other than new bras, desperately needed. I am just shopping out of my closet for now, wearing things I haven't ever worn since I occaisionally bought stuff that I outgrew before putting it on! I am not a big shopper, never have been but I am enjoying the new sizes! You are doing so well with your maintenance!

Lacerta glad your ankle is moving toward healing and you're able to do some workouts. Congrats on your unexpected whoosh!

nicoley and boatingmommy nice losses!

JenyReddy hope you get to the doctor and figure out what's going on with you!

Riestrella you're figuring out some of your triggers and that's a good thing so you will be able to plan for next time! You're doing great with your working out and I also am not fond of the Georgia heat for outdoor activities. Getting Up super early is the only way to work on my garden but it's worth it in the end!

No update yesterday as I picked up yet another extra shift at work. I'll be adding more too so that we can hopefully move without too much stress. I think I have found a house, only 4 doors down from my current one. The catch is they say if I get approved they want me to move in within 10 days! That will mean I have to maintain 2 places for 18 days which i'm not sure I can do. I don't want to lose out on this place but I don't see how I can spend so much. I can risk no one else applying for it and hold out until at least the middle of August but what happens if someone does. This part is the most frustrating. I had a bit of a whoosh in spite of TOM and I realized that i'm just over 1 lb to my July goal. If I make it this will be the first time in several months that I did! Fingers crossed!

Week Three
15: 243.6 TOM
16: 242.8 TOM
17: 242.8 TOM
18: 241.2 TOM
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 244.3
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #169  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Aw, JenyReddy, I hope you've gotten to a doctor by now. I'm thinking positive thoughts for your troubles to be resolved and quickly. Feel better soon.

momtopands, 50 lbs. is fantastic! Congratulations, you are rocking this weight loss! Isn't fitting into old, smaller clothes in your closet like Christmas? I love that. Hoping your rental situation can be settled without too much difficulty, maintaining two places at once sounds pretty rough.

Lacerta, good going on 32 lbs. gone! 8 pounds a month is amazing. Way to go!

ophelia, welcome back, nice to see your beautiful face again. Your trip sounds wonderful and those 8 lbs. will shed off quickly with your return to routine, I've no doubt. Lots of water will wash it away in a big whoosh!

ange, well done on keeping to your goal of staying under 119. The little bumps and dips don't count as much as the average.

Riestrella, I think this whole losing journey is full of learning moments. Every time I overeat and feel lousy, I think "there's another lesson - again!" Sooner or later, it all clicks. Hopefully. For me, it was when I switched from treating myself with whatever foods were in front of me (which only led to feeling worse and worse) to treating myself with health and feeling better and better - what a gift to give yourself. Good for you on getting some workouts in! Every step counts, every bite counts. Do tell more about your part time dog, that's interesting.

In regards to my husband, it's ironic that he put on weight after being fairly trim into his 40's, while I gradually gained and gained, and then I lost the extra weight while he continued to gain and keep it. Out of sync, I guess. Yes, it is hard watching him do this to himself - he put on the weight after having a heart attack at 44 years old - up until then, he was of normal weight but had uncontrolled high cholesterol and blood pressure his entire adulthood. After septuple (seven!) bypass surgery, he went on medication to keep those things under control but gained this extra weight and still eats unhealthily. Earlier this year, at age 56, he had emergency gallbladder surgery when that blew out - probably from his poor diet - and he still won't change. I wish he would but he has to want to and he's not there yet, maybe never. Oh, he's happy for my return to a healthy weight, as long as I'm not bugging him to lose! I hope your parents are doing what they can to keep as healthy as possible, even though obese. Maybe you'll inspire them to lose a bit! (And your boyfriend sounds like a real keeper. )

I'm weighing in at 133 now, just one more pound to go for this month's goal. My stomach's been giving me trouble so I haven't been eating much the past few days. Hopefully this passes soon, our trip is in less than 2 weeks and I want to be able to enjoy! Anniversary, Hawaii, and seeing my Navy son. I can hardly wait...

Don't mind the ticker, yada yada.

Last edited by Cattails; 07-19-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:43 AM   #170  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Day 2 = 194.6
Day 3 = 192.7
Day 4 = 192.2
Day 5 = 192.6
Day 6 = 189.9
Day 9 =191.4
Day 10 = 192.2
Day 11 = 191.7
Day 12= 191.1
Day 16 = 189.7
Day 17 = 187.9
Day 18 = 188.1
Day 10= 187.5
It's hard to believe that not too long ago being in the 200s was my reality. I am so happy to see my hard work pay off! Thank you to everyone for your personal congratulations and words of encouragement! I am wishing you all success in your endeavors, too!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:45 AM   #171  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Hi, all!

Lacerta - Congrats on 32 lbs down! If I recall correctly, I think that puts you right on track--or even ahead of schedule--for your goal weight at New Year's Eve? Really nice work!!

JenyReddy - I hope your doctor can be of quick answers and assistance.

Boatingmommy - You're killing it on the scale this month, wow!

Welcome back, Ophelia!

momtopands - I hope your landlord lets you out of your lease early. It seems only fair, since they're the one forcing a relatively short notice move. I'm so glad you found a great place, and especially one that's so close.

This Friday is my last day at work. Yesterday, they surprised me with a going away/good luck party. Treats were supplied and eaten. To keep the calories less epic, I was discerning with my choices and only took small amounts of what I chose. I'm up a drop on the scale today, from 138.8 to 139.2. That's too little for me to take seriously or even link directly to the treats. I worked out with weights before work yesterday, and it may be mostly/entirely from that.

I hope you all have a good Thursday!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 07-19-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #172  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

July goal: -2.4 kgs (reach 97.9kgs)

1: 100.3
3: 100.25
5: 99.75
6: 99.6
7: 99.55
8: 99.7
9: 99.75
10: 99.4
15: 99.7
16: 99.6
19: 99.5
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #173  

Chunk - great job eating in moderation!

Boating - you are killing it this month!

I am getting closer. My mom is in town for the next week. Hoping I can resist eating out too much.

CW: 146.0
GW: 140.0

Week Two end weight: 145.0

Week Three

15: DNW
16: 145.6
17: 146.0
18: 145.2
19: 144.6
20:
21:
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

JenyReddy: I had that problem when I started out. Had to make sure to increase both my fiber and water intake, which kept things running much more smoothly. Hopefully, you are just on a plateau, and the weight starts to come off again, but if not, you may have reached a point where you have to adjust your diet further. Once you've lost some weight, the same diet will not produce the same results. You may have reached the point where your diet is just enough for maintaining the weight. The options are to lower the calories, or, if you are willing to take the longer term, healthier option, the other option is to raise your metabolism, which means lifting weights, eating more, especially protein, and building some muscle, which will make the scale go up in the short term, but will help with the weight loss in the long run, not to mention making you feel better and stronger.

boatingmommy: You are really cruising right now. Way to go!

momtopands: Seriously, ask the landlord about prorating the rent if you are out early. When we have someone we have to ask to vacate so the owner can sell, we always are thrilled if they are out early, and always prorate for them. Hopefully, they say yes. 4 doors down makes for a much easier move, so that is great.

ophelia: Welcome back! We missed you. Don't worry too much about the gain, I know you'll be back on track in no time. Hope you had a good time.

chunkalunkah: Yes, thank you, I have been ahead of schedule for the month for the last 3 days, and am loving it. I haven't been "ahead" of my schedule for several months. I've stayed close to it, but always just a little behind. Fortunately, I have 1.8 pounds of cushion built in overall to reach 199.8 by New Years. So I don't have to lose QUITE 7 pounds a month, so if I come in just under, like last month, a few times, I'll still make it, but if I can crush it one month, that'll really help give me more cushion. Good job to you for avoiding overindulging.

Week Three
15: 237.4
16: 236.6
17: 235.8
18: 235.4
19: 235.0
20:
21:

Despite the work schedule, I'm really feeling good this week. Been sticking right with everything on eating, I've been able to get a few walks on my treadmill, and building up there again, and the weight is coming off. I'm already halfway through the 230s. It is a good week for me. I'm hoping to carry this momentum through the end of the month and crush my goal this month.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #175  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I maaaay have to give up the hope of averaging out at 184 lbs this week! However, the reason isn't necessarily a bad one, it's because I've started working out again. I always have to remind myself that I gain when I start exercise after a long break. It's a tough pill to swallow, since I know I'm not the only one who equates exercise to weight loss. Today I'm up to 186 lbs, a 0.4 lb from yesterday and a 0.2 gain for my average weight.

I did an Insanity Max 30, a boxing one, and it was haaarrrdd. I thought it wasn't as bad as the other videos, but today I've woken up super sore all over!! I was thankful to my boyfriend, who encouraged me to do the workout and did it with me to show his support. Even he was sweating up a storm and had to do some of the modifier moves with me. I think I might do the Insanity Max 30 program in its entirety following the modifier track, then, if the weather still is crappy (aka an armpit) I'll do it all over trying to do the normal moves and keep up as much as I can. I might even continue to do it when the weather is cooler and I can go running again, because it's such a great strengthening workout!

Yesterday I was a little naughty in the evening because I had pretzels even though I really didn't need them. Again, if I know they're there then I feel this compulsion to have them. I picked out 12 since that's apparently a serving size according to the nutritional information, and was happy that. Not so happy about the honey mustard I dipped them in Oh well, it could've been worst, so some of my morning gain could be attributed to that late night salt intake. Baby steps...

Do you guys have any fitness goals? For me, I really want to run one of the big marathons one day, like the London Marathon, but I also really want to do a half marathon before that. I also want to be able to do hikes without feeling quite so pooped. Last year I visited Japan and we did a hike up to ancient castle ruins in the morning to catch the morning mist surrounding the valley, it wasn't that long of a hike but I struggled all the way up! It was kind of embarrassing realising just how much fitness I had lost.

Week Three
16: 185.8 lbs
17: 185 lbs
18: 185.6 lbs
19: 186 lbs
20:
21:
22:
Average Weight for Week Two: 185.4 lbs
Average Weight for Week Three: 185.6 lbs
Total Loss for Week Three: -0.2 lbs

Spoiler
Starting Weight
01: 187 lbs

Week One
02: 186.2 lbs
03: 185.4 lbs
04: 185.8 lbs
05: 187 lbs
06: 187 lbs
07: 187 lbs
08: 186 lbs
Average Weight for Week One: 186.2 lbs
Total Loss for Week One: 0.8 lbs

Week Two
09: 185.4 lbs
10: 185.8 lbs
11: 187 lbs
12: 186 lbs
13: 184.6 lbs
14: 184.4 lbs
15: 185 lbs
Average Weight for Week Two: 185.4 lbs
Total Loss for Week Two: 0.8 lbs

Week Three
16: 185.8 lbs
17: 185 lbs
18: 185.6 lbs
19: 186 lbs
20:
21:
22:
Average Weight for Week Three:

Week Four
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
Average Weight for Week Four:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
30:
31:
Average Weight for Final Days:
Total Loss for Final Days:

July Starting Weight:
187 lbs
July End Weight:
Total July Loss:
Lacerta - Congrats on the loss so far! That's amazing progress in just 4 months. I'm sure if you keep it up you'll smash those goals in no time.

Ophelia - Welcome back! How was your trip? For sure most of that 8 lbs is water weight, I think once you get back on track and drown yourself in water you'll lose a chunk of it! I always expect a gain when I go on vacation, but it's about bouncing back when we get home. The only time I lost weight was when I was in Japan, because the food is generally a lot healthier and I was walking everywhere which is not normal for me these days, unfortunately!

ange - You're definitely maintaining, well done! Are you using 3FC on your phone? The phone website is a nightmarish hellscape for me

momtopands - The thing I keep thinking is "it's only going to get worse next month!" I'm already dreaming of Autumn. Where in GA do you live, if you don't mind me asking? Sorry if you've covered this, but is there no way to break your current lease early? I mean, they are kicking you out after all, seems a bit bizarre that they won't let you leave earlier since you need to find a new place. Maybe you can talk to the landlord and explain your situation? I'm sorry for the stress either way, I hope you get the place on your street that would be ideal!

Cattails - Thanks, you're right, I'm sure it will all click eventually and I'll start learning to say no to temptations. I'll get there eventually! If I consider this a fresh start then I'm only 3 weeks in My part time dog! She's the dog of our neighbors who live 2 floors down, we're all really great friends and since I work from home I look after her in the day time. Well, these days I just take her for walks, because we recently got a cat who she's terrified of! He's bopped her and chased her twice (over the space of 3 months, so it's not an every day thing) and she gets so easily startled/frightened so it can be a bit of a challenge having them together in the same place sometimes. Most of the time it's fine, we just have to deal with the pup being super scared and glued to our heels! We'll be looking after her while our friends are away next month so I'm hoping that will desensitize the situation a bit. We did introduce them slowly to one another, it's just our cat can be...well...a cat! You never know what's going to make him go "hey! this is MY house!"
Wow, I can't believe after all those health complications that hasn't spooked him to get healthier! You're right though, he has to want it for himself or he won't listen. Fortunately my parents haven't had any major health concerns, except my Dad has a dodgy knee that would probably go away/not be as much of an issue with strength training and weight loss, but he's never listened to me! As for my boyfriend, yes, he really is a keeper! We've been together for 8 years, 9 in September and technically married for 3 - we're still waiting to do a ceremony so I like to call him my boyfriend to make it special when we do have one!
Any idea what's going on with your stomach? Get it checked out if it goes on any longer!

​​​​​​​Chunk - Oohh, do you have a new job lined up? Congrats on finishing! That's nice they threw you a little party.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Ristrella I live 30 miles south of Atlanta. The heat, sun and rain have been great for my garden, not so much for outside activities for those of us that have no pool!

JenyReddy glad the bloating is better. Have you spoken to the doctor about how you can prevent it in the future. Maybe some changes in your diet might make the difference. There is always hope and once you find what works for you you will start moving toward your goal.

Lacerta Congrats on 32 lbs and counting! I have the same goal in the back of my mind. As far as the leasing company, my experience over the past 4+ years is that they are not very understanding of any situation that involves them losing money. When they told me that I had 60 days to move it was mentioned that I didn't have to stay that long BUT, you still have to give a 30 day notice. I took that to mean don't bother asking for favors.

boatingmommy and nicoley good job on your continued losses!

Chunkalunkah That is always nice when your coworkers are sad to see you go but send you off with good memories. Hopefully your next job will be even better. As far as the move, I don't actually have a lease, just month to month, however they are not known to be very fair minded when it might mean a loss of income for them so not holding my breath there. I'm also not willing to have to pay for 2 places for more than half a month, not worth the financial struggle or stress.

Cattails hope your stomach starts feeling better. That Hawaii trip is something great to look forward to. My sister was stationed there also and she loved it.

Week Three
15: 243.6 TOM
16: 242.8 TOM
17: 242.8 TOM
18: 241.2 TOM
19: 241.2 TOM
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 244.3
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:12 PM   #177  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

whooooh. How good is this thread! So many people making really great progress and really great healthy choices. Go us!! Very nice to read (but i'm feeling lazy this morning and can't be bothered with personals still!).
I'm sure a bit of success encourages more success etc so we can all thank each other for a positive-vibes shot here at the moment!

I had a back-to-diet day yesterday and the scales agree (we're just like co-joined twins these days, me and the scales - identical minds) and I've dropped back again to my recent favourite (read "what, again?!"of 114.8 lb). Not sure why some of the other number options around that number aren't getting a look-in, but I'm definitely not complaining.
Dug out an old all-wool hoodie yesterday that I used to really like, and I still do (did) but so did the moths apparently and now it's got holes in it. Humphh. I"m still going through the wardrobe fairly regularly and trying to pack away things that I won't realistically wear at the moment. I"m left with lots of jumpers, and quite a lot of not-much-loved t-shirts, and hardly any bottoms. Very rarely get dressed up (and don't want to), so it's all casual stuff, but still, not very inspiring. Definitely not going shopping though - it's not a favoured pastime, and I've done enough of that recently. I do enjoy throwing things out though, so will continue to get my kicks that way!!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #178  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Ange: It's good to be back, thank you! To answer your question...I planned to log throughout and watch what I ate outside of the pizza days I had planned, but it ended up going out the window on the second day...lol. So, it started out as A...then quickly moved into a combination of B and C. As for the weight loss comments, I actually did! A good bit of the people I saw at least made a comment in passing when first seeing me while some mentioned it several times, which was a little awkward for me...lol. Some others just had shocked looks on their faces, but didn't say anything because I think commenting on a person's weight - regardless if in a positive or negative way - is kind of an uncomfortable thing to bring up. It was both a little weird to have those kind of comments being made to me so much, but it was also an ego boost...so, I totally understand the mixed reactions. -- And, you're doing great staying consistent this month! I'd definitely say you have maintenance in the bag.

momtopands: Congrats on hitting 50 lbs down!! I haven't read through all the posts that were made while I was away just yet, but I definitely noticed that one. So proud of you...you're doing great!

Cattails: I'm definitely hitting the water hard now that we're back home! Hoping it helps flush this all out ASAP, lol. And, I'm sorry to hear your husband is having a rough time in the health department -- maybe watching you live a healthy life and feeling good will do the nudging for you so he won't feel like you're nagging him if you do it with words. Fingers crossed that he eventually joins you in your efforts!

boatingmommy: You've been doing so well...great job!

Chunkah: Thank you!

nicoley: Best of luck staying on plan as much as possible with your mom in town this week -- I know how hard it can be to keep to a routine while entertaining guests for more than just a couple days!

JenyReddy: Wow, nearly 5 lbs -- that's an incredible whoosh! I'm glad you were able to get some movement with your digestion, and I hope you feel better about everything tomorrow.

Lacerta: Thank you -- I missed you all, too! You're doing great this week, by the way -- and, great work staying on plan and getting in that treadmill time!

Riestrella: Thank you, it was a good trip! Jumping right back into my routine when we got home was a lot easier for me than it was last summer - where I ended up going off the rails for a few months, instead of just 8 days - so, I'm taking that as a good sign. As for the fitness goals question, my main ones right now are to eventually be able to run as a regular thing, instead of just walking with some jogging intervals, and to start weightlifting. Not as a competitive thing, but a general health and wellness thing. I think the lifting will help a lot with some of this loose skin I've got going on -- it won't fix it entirely, but it can't hurt. That, and I've lost a lot of upper body strength over the years and want to build it back up. I also want to try bellydancing and hooping and to be able to go hiking without feeling like I might die after the first hour...lol. I may have to try the Insanity Max 30 thing you were talking about one day, too...but even just the name alone has me wary of how hard it will be!

-----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 175.0 today. I'm happy to see it coming down already after getting back to a normal routine, at least food and water wise -- still too tired from travel to do much exercise or actual working out, lol.

Week Three
15: NWI - Out of Town.
16: NWI - Out of Town.
17: NWI - Out of Town.
18: 176.2
19: 175.0
20:
21:
Last Weigh-In Before Vacation: 168.0

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #179  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Day 2 = 194.6
Day 3 = 192.7
Day 4 = 192.2
Day 5 = 192.6
Day 6 = 189.9
Day 9 =191.4
Day 10 = 192.2
Day 11 = 191.7
Day 12= 191.1
Day 16 = 189.7
Day 17 = 187.9
Day 18 = 188.1
Day 19= 187.5
Day 20 =186.7

Looks like for the first time in a long time I am actually going to make my goal. I have been on and off this thread so many times in the past and just didn't have the commitment to realize my capabilities. I want to thank you all for your kind words and support. I know I don't post many personals on this thread. It's mostly because I am on other threads that take up more of my free time. Please know that I appreciate all of your comments. 11 days to take off 1.6 pounds. Easy Peasy at this point. Not drinking for a month seems to be the best decision I've made. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #180  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

nicoley and Lacerta - Thanks! I'm not sure why moderation on special occasions has gotten so easy, but I'm glad it has.

Jeny - I'm sorry that things aren't working out. What are the specifics of your plan and how long have you been following it? We might be able to help you tweak it.

ange - Oh no, sorry about the moth attack! Congrats on continuing to rock maintenance!

momtopands and Rie - It's my last day bc I'm starting a PhD program next month. End goal is a career an academia. My current job was just a temp one I took during the year between my master's and the next part of my program. Since it's a temp job, people come and go all the time, so I really wasn't expecting any kind of party. I think they threw it more as a "good luck" thing than a farewell party. I've been honest with them from the start about my PhD plans and the low odds of being accepted. So they've been rooting me on and were really happy for me when I got word earlier in the year of acceptances.

Rie - I like your fitness goals question. I find that motivating. I'd like to get back to running 3-5 miles continuously. I had never thought of myself as a runner and wasn't one (bad asthma). But about 10 years ago, I started working consistently on fitness. I'd sometimes run, and other years that wasn't a focus. The last time I was into running, 3-5 miles was my normal range. And the strength training that I had for about a year before that really bumped up my speed! I'll never be fast, but I was fast for me, and it was so satisfying actually seeing improvement in an area where I'd far underestimated my potential. So, I'd like to get back to that ability and run an organized 5K. Maaaaybe a half-marathon someday but probably not. Besides that, just getting back my former fitness level and continuing to develop. I love your goals!

Ophelia - Congrats on already getting the drop started!

boatingmommy - Inspirational results!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote