Old 02-23-2017, 09:06 AM   #196  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

IM STILL ALIVE!!!!

Sorry about being AWOL everyone. As soon as that cold left I was off!! I have been busting my Butt in the GYm for the last 2 weeks . So I am just a teeny tiny little bit away from my 50lbs off. I am currently 273.6 and need .6 to do one so that I can get a little relief bast that weight barrier.

My goal for this challenge was to trim down my legs, but while I don't think I have lost very much in inches, I can feel them a lot more solid than they were before. They feel and look much better anyway!

I go to Germany back on tour in 11 weeks and I am He.ll bent on getting a good 15 -18lbs off by then. Very much achievable.... just need to stick on track and work my booty off.

How is everyone?
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:44 AM   #197  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Yay SCOTSGAL!!! Great to see you!! Wow! You came back from death's doorstep with a vengeance! Fantastic!

Where will you be going in Germany? I went to school in Dusseldorf, Wiesbaden and Hanau. I lived in Kempen, Wachtendonk, Mainz and Klein Umstadt. I loved Germany. LOL. This was probably way before you were born, in the mid to late 1970s. I can still remember seeing "check-point charlie" in West Berlin. The wall was still there. What a long time ago!

Great to see you...I enjoy your energetic posts!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:42 PM   #198  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello and TGIF!

Oddly enough, I sort of look forward to Friday, just to get the weekend over with, LOL! Actually, when you are off Monday-Friday, you miss work a LITTLE bit, but you don't miss getting up before daylight.....

I went for long walks yesterday and today. I've been doing very well with my new approach. Phase One is fairly simple. Mostly, cutting "six problem foods" and moving more. No counting calories or anything yet. The foods are: alcohol, soda pop, fried foods, white flour, trans fats and full fat dairy. Not too difficult. Drinking more water is part of it, too.

We will see what the scale says four weeks from now. Should be easy to remember when to weigh as it will coincide with the arrival of spring!

Chat with you later...

April
Old 02-25-2017, 06:06 AM   #199  
Determind Member

Aww thank you I hit my 50 yesterday and am soo proud of myself!

I have been all over Germany, Meinz is amazing! one of my favourite places.
This tour will be Bremen (again), Leipzig (again), Lubeck, Lobau, and Brandenburg. We very rarely do a full trip in the East, we are very popular and have sold out shows in the West. So this will be a new one for us, we often do shows in Bon, Wuppertal area.

Good luck with the workouts, I am just off to the gym just now to work off a bit of pizza I had last night lol.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #200  

Happy weekend ladies

I hope that you are all having a great weekend.

it has been super busy here but I hope to catch up with you all soon.

4 days left to the week!

Scotsgal,i am soooo happy for you! wtg girl!

I need to log, but again, hope to catch up soon! Keep up thegreat work everyone! If you losing, great! If you not, well we keep fighting! The warm weather is upon us, we must keep fighting.

Talk soon and have a great night!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #201  

Hi ladies

I hope you all had a great weekend. My weekend went by so fast! IT was busy indeed. Had my folks over today for a cookout and it was so nice. I ate a lot of beef and sat a bit heavy in my tummy. Last night I made zoodles and a beef sauce, that is prob why! lol. It was light last night but I usually don't do beef more than one night a week, two tops.....needless to say, today was great.

I was very active and got in 15k steps thus far, breaking my record. DO I want to do this everyday? NO, lol We will see what happens.

As for Germany, I have visited as well and was quite smitten with it!

lurchmomma That is great about your walks! I find walks very cathartic, I just love them! Of course, that warm weather really helps! I am glad to hear that your plan is working well for you, do keep us posted and keep up the great work! smile

scotsgal so glad you checked in, keep shining girl!

I abig hello to all of you and hope to chat soon. Let's keep it going ladies! Hugs
Old 02-27-2017, 05:34 PM   #202  

Just a little note to say that I miss you all! I hope that you are all well and sleep well and wake up to a great new day tomorrow!

Keep in touch ladies, check back soon. How is everyone doing? Are you thinking about meal plans and plans in general for March? Our new month will be upon us soon. I am still thinking! Activity is definitely on the burner and meal plans may be more of the same but a bit of a shake up, still not sure but I will devise my meal plans and get the stuff.

Hugs to you all!
Old 02-28-2017, 12:46 PM   #203  
Determind Member

Hello!

So these last few days have been a little hectic, My sister who is due a baby over the next 2 weeks has had some very unfortunate timing to have all of her heating system renewed. The company cancelled on her last week because they "weren't insured" to help my BIL move the sofa about 5 feet to pull the carpets back to get access into the living room heater. There are plenty of words to call them, but I wont spoil the nice atmosphere in here. So after a very badly organised last few weeks, I have had to take them all in yesterday, keep the 2 kids over night (aged 8 and 2), as well as keep my highly pregnant sister and her mental Lurcher puppy who terrorises my 12 year old collie cross, during the day.

This means that I have not been able to get ANY workouts done over the last 2 days. I can't leave my dog alone in the house with the pup, I can't walk her for a long time because she can only go 50 mins before needing to sleep, and I can't take the puppy because my sister does not have the correct leash for her so she cant run around and play. Its been a bit stressful. Last night my calories were up at 1800 and I new that It was because I got up super early and I was snacking more than usual when I am usually in the Gym. Today Has been very similar, which not only reflected on the scale this morning, but probably will tomorrow morning as well.

Its soo difficult when you are put off routine.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:00 PM   #204  
Fishing for a plan!

Happy Fat Tuesday Everyone!

As I posted on another thread today, I'm not Catholic, but I like the concept of Ash Wednesday and Lent. Today I will give thoughtful consideration to selecting an unhealthy practice to forgo, with the ultimate goal of replacing it with a more reverent and mindful practice. I am excited by this. Lately I've just felt as if I'm going through the motions without being truly engaged in life or in living.

Scotsgal: Way to go on being 50 pound down! I know what you mean about having your routine upended. Hang in there. I'm sure your sister appreciates what you are doing more than you will ever know. What is a Lurch puppy?

Weekend Boater: I have been planning to add more beans to my diet in March. Very high in fiber and protein. Plus, I love beans. DH doesn't care much for them. I think more and more, I will have to make separate entrees for us for supper. Certainly not the end of the world. He's a big meat guy and I'm just not. LOL! on your step record! Keep it up!

It has been raining all morning and the sun just peeked out! Yay! I'll take it! Spring is coming!

April
Old 02-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #205  

Height: 5'10"

@LurchMomma Happy Fat Tuesday! I am narrowing down what to give up during lent...I am thinking Dunkin Donuts since I can never just get a coffee from there I always have to get a donut to go with it lol. And also if I do get coffee to make sure the barista doesn't add sugar. Let me know what you decide to do
ashori602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #206  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Chickadees!

We had thunderstorms all night here! I love thunderstorms! Tornadoes, No, Thunderstorms, Yes. March definitely "came in like a Lion"!

ashori: I have decided that I'm going to give up most internet activity for Lent, except for necessary endeavors, such as paying bills, etc. I am a "click-a-holic", and tend to jump on with the intention of jumping right back off, and then get sucked into the black hole that is cyberspace for hours at a time, randomly clicking on this and that. I waste so much time that could be better spent. I've been up for three hours and here I sit in my pajamas. LOL. I could have already had a walk, done some strength training, called my mother, sent a card to the grandkids, fed the chickens, cleaned the ceiling fans....well, you get the picture!

Weekend Boater: Thanks again for this thread! Keep up the good work! Easter is April 16th....

Andi: I hope you are doing well! Last time I checked, your fitbit steps were great! Keep moving! I'll look for you after Easter and I know we will BOTH be closer to our goals!

Scotsgal: Praying for the safe delivery of your new little niece or nephew and that your life settles down and you are able to resume your routine!

God bless,

April
Old 03-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hello Spring chickens!

I've been awol for a while, but have been busy with ??? whatever it is!
Not doing as well as I had hoped, although eating sensibly. I'm sure my metabolism is slow, so I need to get out at exercise more! The rain has stopped here, so I hope to get in a good walk after work today.

Congrats Scotsgal on your 50 pounds!! How wonderful. Hang in there, things will settle down soon!

I've been trying to hire a company to do some work in my basement, and it's taking way longer than I planned. i need to let the stress go and trust that the best company will come through for me.

Hello to WB, ashori602, and April! Hope to check back soon with a positive report!
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:36 PM   #208  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Checking in again to say that I hit my second goal today!

After reaching my first goal more quickly than expected thanks in part to a large water weight loss, I made a second goal of reaching 257 lbs to make it an even 40. Well, my weigh-in today read 255.4! That was after a pretty big whoosh, though, so we'll see how much of it sticks tomorrow...lol. For now, I am going to add a third and final goal to get me through to the end of the challenge. My "Part Three" challenge will be to lose an additional 8.4 lbs. We only have 19 days left, so I'm not sure I will make it since it will be between 8-10 lbs to go, depending on what happens to my whoosh tomorrow....BUT, if I can make it happen, it will make it an even 50 lbs down, and I just like whole numbers, lol. This one will be hard, but it might be doable if I stay consistent. Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone is doing great! See you in a few weeks!

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #209  

Hi girls and happy March first! New month, new start! I hope that you are all well and have a great new start to our new month.

As always, it is so nice to come in and read your news, thanks for the updates!

Ophelia Hi! and thank you so much for coming in to report your progress and wonderful news and inspiration! My goodness! I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your magnificent loss girl ! Keep us posted ok? and keep up the awesome work! wow! Will be looking forward to hearing your news.

webwoman hey you! : ) It is great to hear from you. Well, it's a new month and fresh new start! As for hiring a company, I feel you! Ay ay ay, as all I can say is getting plenty of estimates! Best is through word of mouth, some of these people are total sheisters! yeap, I said it! lol I hope the weather clears for you and you have some nice days ahead, either way, we will be here. I think we are in for a cold snap after tomorrow, DH is going to be busy as heck (stuff for us) so I am going to need to keep busy, thank god for videos incase the weather gets bad! lol.

lurchmomma Oh you! Thank you and thank you so much for the encouragement and support! You know dear lady, I will totally miss you if your not around but I totally understand too! It can be time consuming and I so know what you mean about the getting the exercise in and this and that, just be well! That is the most important thing! Come in when you can and up to it as I always so enjoy your posts, as I am sure we all do! Sometimes we just need to do what we need to do, I understand I am such a big baby, I am still afraid of thunder! lol

ashori That sounds like a nice plan, with that being said, happy lent to you all!

Scotsgal Thanks for coming in hon, always thinking of you and how you are. I am sorry to hear about your current situation with it impeding your regular routine but as April said, she sure is lucky to have you and that is very nice of you to help out in that way. I hope things settle down though and you can get back to your regular routine, I so agree it can be so hard when things disrupt our usual schedules...whatever those may be. You have worked so hard and have had so much success and progress...keep up the great work girl and keep in touch! : )

A big hello to all of you and sorry If I missed anyone, I have to log but I will catch up with you all soon!
Old 03-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #210  
Determind Member

Lurch Hey! Thank you! I am sure she does, she should be popping out number 3 any day now. Its a Boy, and I think she is going to call it Eogan (Owen), we all have very unusual names that are typical Irish or Scots Gaelic spelling names . A Lurcher Puppy is a greyhound crossed with a border collie. She is a tall black skinny, lanky looking thing. Unlike my pooch zoe, who is the exact same bread, only takes the collie traits, she is quite small, all black and has shorter legs. When both are beside each other, the puppy can stand over my 12 year old dog and have still about an inch between back and tummy. She is cute! but like trying to control a lanky giraffe.

Web Aww thank you

Weekend Aww thank you as well , I just know that If I don't give 100% when I have the time to.... I have no chance to keep it up when I don't. So I try and do as best as possible.

So I put on 1.6lbs, but I think some of that is being just very slightly over calories and some bloating. So hopefully that will shift soon. Looking to hit 271 by Wednesday