Old 01-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #151  

Hi Ladies Happy Saturday and new day!

Woke up to the sunshine. Yesterday went well, taking it through the weekend, no Mexican restaurant this weekend. I noticed I had slacked on my water a bit last week so did well with that. Onto a new day for us all
for our weekend and whatever you all do, wishing you a great one!

lurchmomma Thanks for giving me more info on the fitbit and yay on that 5k walk and another badge! Thanks for the well wishes, I hope you slept well last night and have a good stint at work and a wonderful weekend as well.

A big hello to Andi and to all of you, have a great weekend everyone! I will be working in a walk today and have my meals planned for the weekend, 4 days left to this month!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:34 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 172/169/130

Height: 5'1

Hi. It's been awhile for me. Fell off the treadmill (metaphorically speaking) and have had a hard time being consistent with anything the last couple of weeks.

Did Race for a Cure yesterday. Ran the 5K in 45 min and wasn't last!! Then I walked another 5K with my team from work. It was a big accomplishment for me and I'm feeling very motivated. Need to keep it going!

to everyone
GrannyPuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:18 PM   #153  

Hi ladies, hope you all had a great day. All is well here, I will update you more tomorrow afternoon when I get back. Dinner time and DH is calling, lol

Grannyputtputt Hi there! Very nice to see you! I was thinking of you and wondering how you are, glad you popped in. As for falling off, it can be really hard starting and then of course once we do we can all hit those potholes in the road, some of which may be small and others big ditches which can throw us off road, lol. WOW on running the 5k walk for a cure and then walked another 5! That is wonderful!!! and you ran it in 45 min? wow! You need to change your nick! lol playfully teasing you! I think that is fantastic! Congratulations I need to keep it going too! I tell myself that everyday! have a great night and great new day tomorrow!

lurchmomma will catch up with you more tomorrow but I just had to tell you tytyty for helping to inspire me to walk despite the weather. I LOVED it!

Hi to webwoman and to all all of you!

we will catch up soon girls, have a great night and great new day tomorrow. Jump in anytime, it is never too late.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:33 PM   #154  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday Everyone!

GrannyPuttPutt: Good to see you! Are you able to run 5k without stopping? I have measured out a 5k course for myself to try and work toward running it, but I'm barely able to jog half a mile at an excruciatingly slow pace without having to stop and walk a huffing and puffing half mile before my breathing normalizes somewhat. LOL. I wonder at my age if it's possible to do something you weren't even able to do when you were younger? I am a former smoker, I quit over 10 years ago, but I had a screening CT for lung cancer that showed scarring and "mild COPD". I'm glad you are back in the thread. I was telling someone about your dream board and couldn't remember where I'd read it, and WeekendBoater reminded me it was in this thread and the idea originated with you. I need a cap with a very long bill that I can hang a "mini dream board" from that I can wear on my jaunts. Sort of a carrot on a stick! Congrats on your 5k's!!!

WeekendBoater: I'm glad you got out in the weather! I don't know about you, but when that wind blew my hood down and my white hair was tossed about while I was being pelted by sleet, just for a moment, I felt like a kid again! Remember when the weather didn't matter? LOL. I dug the "yax trax" out of the back of my Jeep on Friday, because I was afraid of those lingering slick spots. It was so cold and my Jeep is an old "Cherokee", you know, Square, like me, and the hydraulics that hold the hatch up fail when it's cold, so that was a workout in and of itself! I guess I should just clean it out. Too much unused gear back there to find what you do use when you need it. Let's honor the little girl inside of each us by remembering what it feels like to live in the moment and to just have FUN!

Work was brutal this weekend I accumulated 19,976 steps (8.86 miles) on Saturday and 23,980 steps (10.64 miles) on Sunday. I actually passed my 77 year old dad for first place in weekly steps, which is rare. I have 94,646 and he has 80,877! Thus far today, I have fed the chickens and the dogs and filled the bird feeders and carried in wood for the stove. I'm hungry, but too tired to cook anything. LOL. I guess that's one way to cut calories!

Andi: I hope you had a great weekend! It's a beautiful day for a walk! I'll rest today and get back at it tomorrow.....

Hello to everyone else!

April

Last edited by LurchMomma; 01-30-2017 at 05:00 PM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:51 PM   #155  

Hi Ladies

Hope your all doing well and have a great new day! Last day of the month! yayyy! I am .6 away from goal this month and going to utilize this last day and see what tomorrow brings! lol You never know! I had a lot of water yesterday and there is an outside chance I could drop it by tomorrow! If I don't that is fine and happy but no reason to see what one more last day brings!

Hope you all had a great weekend and good start to the week! If your plans are not going as planned remember that it's never too late to jump on board. Every new day is a fresh start and we have a brand new month tomorrow. I already can't wait until we change the clocks ahead in March!

I will report tomorrow on this months progress, exercise has gone well and I have my muscle tone back, the protein really helped me and the exercise has been a god send! I will sign up again next month to help hold myself accountable.

lurchmomma WOW on those steps! That is truly amazing! Regarding feeling like a kid again, that is so neat what you said and also I too sometimes think about when I was a kid I just didn't care about the cold, snow, etc. I had a little bunny suit (snow suit)and I would bundle up and go play with my brother. I remember my cheeks being frozen red when ma could finally get us back in the house! lol Btw, I have one of those old jeep Cherokee's too anddddd my hatchback is totally shot! has been for years I hate taking the jeep grocery shopping, I don't bother with the hatchback anymore as I have pulled a muscle on more than one occasion battling with it and if it is windy you have to be very careful. I take the car when I can or just put the groceries in the back seat! Too funny! Hope your having a great day and enjoying your week.

Hope you all having a great day , will catch you all soon.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #156  

Hi ladies, Happy first day of the month! We have 7 weeks to go until Spring!

I did my end of month WI today and was pleasantly surprised at the loss of 8.3 lbs. this month. I feel that plenty of ice water helped me along these past few days, etc. My goal was 20 lbs. for the spring challenge which brings me to 11.7 lbs. to go by March 20th. Next Monday will be my 3 month point into my journey so things may naturally slow down for me from there. I just plan to focus on continuing eating healthy and staying on my current course, activity and exercise, and taking it through the weekends more often than not (I have found that this has been essential for me). Soooo, onto a new day and month we go!

Always nice to start a fresh month, hope your all well and having a great day.

I picked up some fresh haddock this morning (you know what I will be having the next two nights, lol) came back and then went out for a very enjoyable walk! I did 70 minutes although stopped after 50 min. for a 10 min. break for a cappuccino! Yummy! It was a large, strong, and I drank it rather quickly. I felt like I was flying after that! Went for another 20 min. before heading back. It was sunny mild 40 degree day here with no wind! It felt comfortable along the river although I wore a warm scarf around my neck.

Hope to catch up to you all soon, have a great day everyone.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good Morning all,

For whatever reason I haven't lost any more weight since the weekend. I must have cabin fever and can't bring myself to get out and walk after work (Cold and don't have much daylight left) so I'm getting discouraged. diet is not too bad

Way to go Lurchmomma on so many steps! I work at a desk all day so it's a challenge, although I finally got my fitbit working.

WB, way to go on your weight loss and sticking to plan!!

Granny, WTG on the race! Sometime this summer I'd like to do a 5k!

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #158  

Good morning girls Happy Friday and the start to the weekend.

webwoman hi there! hang in there, I was maintaining a while and then it started moving again. I am not a fan of the cold either. We were lucky we got some mild days here and I got out walking. It really helped with the winter doldrums! Winter can be tough for me sometimes but we are nearing the home stretch! I hope you have a great weekend.

lurchmomma and to all of you, a big hello and happy weekend! Hope you all have a great one.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:36 AM   #159  

It is already the 4th! Indeed this month will go quickly. I plan on making it go with a bang plan wise and would love for you gals to join me!

As all I know is that I need to take it one day at a time and that has been so very helpful so here I come tomorrow! I need to head over to the market again and plan the meals and I may just get some more haddock if the shipment came in.

Went to the store, got a nice sweater and would love to go a pant size down again but not sure I am there yet. That is ok, onward and downward I go! It will come!

I hope you gals are great and having a terrific weekend. I look forward to catching up!
Old 02-04-2017, 03:22 AM   #160  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi, everyone. I hope you're all doing well.

Trying my darnedest here, and have lost 15lbs in this challenge, 54% of the way there
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #161  

Rosinate That is fantastic! Congratulationsss on the wonderful loss Thanks for coming in to share with us Keep up the great work. We have 6 weeks to go from this Monday! I can't believe it's already the 4th, I think this month will go fast and I am right there with you on trying! Have a great weekend

A big hi to all of you ladies, have a great weekend. I will be heading to the market and stocking up on my ingredients and meal planning for the weekend. Onto a new day we go and hope it's a good one for you all, check back soon.

Scotsgal just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and I hope your feeling better and are well, hugs girl.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #162  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Boater View Post
Rosinate That is fantastic! Congratulationsss on the wonderful loss Thanks for coming in to share with us Keep up the great work. We have 6 weeks to go from this Monday! I can't believe it's already the 4th, I think this month will go fast and I am right there with you on trying! Have a great weekend
Thanks, Weekend Boater! I'm very grateful for this challenge to keep me focussed!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #163  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Checking in to say that I hit goal as of this morning!

My goal was to reach 270 lbs by the end of the challenge, and my weigh-in this morning was 269.6 lbs. Not sure if it will stick by tomorrow, but I'm still counting it for today...lol. I didn't expect to hit it so fast, but January WAS my first month back, so I realize that such a large loss for one month was half water weight and that initial first couple week flush. I'm still happy about it though, because we all have to start somewhere and get rid of that first flush either way!

I am going to add a little second goal to the end of the challenge that will still give me a goal to push for by Spring. My "part two" challenge will be to lose an additional 12.6 lbs, since we still have 6 weeks left, and that would put me at an even 40 lbs down. It's ambitious, but I'm hoping to at least get close. Going to change my ticker to reflect my new goal.

Congrats to everyone on all their great losses!
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:12 PM   #164  

Hi girls Just came in and read your news! How nice! Happy Sunday to you all! A new week tomorrow!

Rosinate aw good! I am so glad It really is nice to hear that, congrats again and keep up the wonderful work!

Ophelia Oh my goodness you did it! : ) Congratulations on Meeting goal!. That is so wonderful! Don't minimize your hard work and loss, your past the water thing and we all lose some fluid at first and the numbers for me drop quickest the first month but what a great incentive and as far as I am concerned, it is a weight loss and a fabulous one at that! Thank you as well for coming in to share with us

Keep up the great work ladies : ) We start a new week tomorrow! Wishing you all a great night and successful and happy new start to your day tomorrow.

A big hello to all of you and everyone I missed, hope you all had a nice weekend.......fresh new week tomorrow so let's keep going, keep trying, etc.

All is well here, I had a busy day. Got in my exercise and plenty of activity. I had baked haddock and greek salad for dinner. Cashews (individual packets) for a snack. DH and I were not disciplined a few times with a can so I stopped getting those! lol The local store has these little packets that are just perfect!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #165  

Hi ladies, waving to all. Wednesday was the first of Feb. so we have 2 more days left of our fist week, let's hang in there! We start a new week Wednesday.

I had a busy morning, I was pretty lazy by the time I got back home and did plenty of step by then but went on the WII a bit and after 15 min. it went dead on me. Needless to say, I wasn't overly disappointed! lol Tomorrow is a new day! mini meatloaf and greek salad for tonight. Going back to the market tomorrow or Wed. for the remainder of the weeks meal plans. have a great night and will catch you soon.