Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #421  
A Laced Up Princess

S/C/G: 250/248/160

Height: 5'7

Its funny I need my bf to constantly tell me I did a good workout...I always say your not even proud im wokrking out lol just to get a response
Old 05-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #422  
Cool Member

S/C/G: 160/127/110 or 73/58/50

Height: 5' or 154cm

So, I've been a bit off for almost 2 weeks now. Don't know how it happened, just ended up eating way more than planned. It's all been healthy food, and I have been working out a fair bit. I'm just overeating, a lot. Especially nuts (Brazil nuts and almonds, why you so tasty?!).

Figured it was time to break this horrible cycle of overeating, so hello again ladies and gentlemen, I'm back! Weighing in tomorrow will be a bit ugh (especially considering it's that TOM again), but hey, it's my own fault for slacking.

to everyone who has recently joined this challenge!

Oh, I'm the complete opposite PrettiiPisces, I can't stand when people comment on how well I'm doing working out and stuff. My mother can do it, but everyone else (irl that is) should shut their silly mouths. To be fair, this might just be me being odd, haha. I'm the kind of gal who doesn't even like compliments.

I hope you're all having a brilliant day, and that the scales are on your side tomorrow!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
This place saves marriages Zoesmom! My wife would boot my butt out if I bought all I bring here home!

"Down 0.4lbs today honey".

"Get out Ian."
Yep. That is my marriage in a heart beat. Like Elvis, my hubby is super supportive, but mostly, he just nods his head, mumbles "Mmhmm" and "That's Nice Dear" from time to time. Kinda like his eyes just glass over. So...you guys probably get a lot more TMI here than my hubby does. Sorry about that

But...Pretti - you are here aren't you? You already are one of us

Happy to report that I just got back from BBQ...and aside from the two nibbles of Texas toast (literally, they really were nibbles) I didn't falter. WOOHOO!!!! Have a great night all!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #424  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

down a lb and i'm actually pleased with that - i'm losing weight heaps slower than i expected to, especially since i've only been at it 3 weeks, but i'm still feeling motivated and i'm already feeling better, so that's the main thing. Don't think i'll meet my target by July 4th, but will keep going and see what happens.

Good luck to everyone with their weigh-ins this week
(sorry not had time to read all the posts - this thread is very popular - 29 pages for goodness sake!!!!!)

Last edited by ange82much; 05-16-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #425  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning to all you fantastic folks!

NathalieMargareta ~ Well you are back and that is what matters. You know, when I was training, my appetite was monstrous. The more I trained the more I ate. It is a very delicate balance trying to resist the urge to over eat but I suppose it is something you have to find a good medium with especially if you want to lose a good amount of weight. You CAN do it though. The first week or so is the hardest but it gets easier from there. Its just a matter of will.

amandie ~ Well, I'm here this morning. This is just something I have to make time for as well. Gotta find the balance again now that the BF is back. No one gets up as early as I do here, so this is a little time just for me anyways. Like you, it gets my day started just right. Glad to see you are progressing with the workout! But no ipod? That would kill my workouts I think. I really think no music is what threw me off during the race. I'd be lost without my tunes, they really do get my butt in gear, especially that first mile when just getting started. How is that elliptical treating you? Mine is just collecting dust at the moment. I want to get rid of it and get a treadmill. Its funny because I got rid of my treadmill to get the elliptical and now I just want my treadmill back now that I am running.

seize the day ~ That is a great time. Training for the 5K will definitely help. I have a superhero 5K I am looking forward to this weekend as well. Should be fun. Keep up the great work and those pounds will come off.

PrettiiPisces ~ You know, that is one of the more frustrating parts of losing weight...Darth Scale. Waiting on it to catch up with our hard work. We seek validation from a device that only gets bits and pieces of information to make an evaluation of our progress. Patience is needed when it comes to the scale. I think we just need to beat it into our heads that we are doing exactly what we should be doing and that eventually the scale will catch up with us. It will eventually go down just not as quick as we would like at times.

zoesmom ~ Oh goodness I feel you on the growth spurts. Three boys, all at different stages and I feel like I'm buying something new every week. Just did shoes last week for the little one and now new shorts for the other 2. Especially with vacation around the corner, the shopping is never ending.. So, do tell me why you are eating a salad everyday? I haven't ate a salad in about 3 months I think. I like them, but I can't eat them without adding 500 calories to them. I mean am I missing something here? I guess I'm just not a leafy-green kind of gal Great job on coming out of the BBQ with your insanity intact. Those things can be the bane of a dieters existence.

angel82 ~ That is awesome! Great job on the loss. I'm so glad you found your motivation as it really helps those pounds drop when we have it intact. You are definitely well on your way.

to all of you that have lost and keep fighting the good fight!

Well as for me, the BF is back and well, its great! We have just got to adjust the schedule a little around here to make things move more smoothly but we are working on it. He actually went with me to the gym yesterday and he actually ran the last mile with me. I was so proud of him. He is so supportive of me. I hit the scales when we got home and I shouted from the bathroom "Hello 180s" and he was yelling back me "good job", think he was just excited as I was which by the way is AWESOME! So happy to have him back. Gonna hit it today and hopefully get in another great workout. I sure hope you guys have an amazing day! You all are doing a great job. I'm sending lots of good vibes out today along with a side of good mojo so those scales move in the right direction today!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-16-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #426  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Woot! Woot! Had a whoosh this week

SW 161
CW 155.6
GW 150
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #427  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

amandie- thanks for the welcome! This is a big group for this challenge!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #428  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I'll have to catch up on personals a little later today/tonight, but...

Not such a great weigh in today. I blame the predisone (I ALWAYS gain weight when I have to take that crap for my asthma/ARDS flair ups. BOOOOO!!!!) BUT...I didn't gain this time. I guess you can say I didn't lose either, but in a way, I did...even if it was only .1 pound. Hey, I'll take it! Considering it could have gone the other way while on this medication, I say that is a WONDERFUL accomplishment.

Tonight is ballet....I'll tell you, I've been going nuts the past couple weeks, what with my kiddo's T-Ball practice twice a week, ballet practice, AND swim lessons AND everything else going on. Her first recital is next week and I am looking SO forward to it. Of course, she cracks me up in T-Ball as she does leaps and tondues as she runs from base to base. Pretty obvious she doesn't get the fact the two activities are not interchangeable And last night, her coach put her on the pitcher's mound so he could better keep an eye on her...because she was twirling and spinning and trying to teach all the boys how to do ballet (she is the only girl on the team.) I love my kid...but I am begining to think T-Ball isn't the sport for her like she had convinced me it was.

Good luck on everyone's weigh in's and have a GREAT day!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #429  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, I'm down from last week's WI, but up from the beginning. I do believe, however, I have my plan in effect. While I may not make it to my goal by the 4th of July, I do hope to be close.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #430  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies! Congrats to everyone who had the losses, and even those who didn't -- you're still checking in, which is a good sign!

Delphi -- congrats on the 180s!! That is awesome And that's awesome the BF ran with you. Although I will admit, I hate it when the hubby tries to run with me...his legs are WAY longer than mine (he's 6' 4"), so when I'm running my rear off, he's barely jogging - even though we're going the same speed, lol.

Zoesmom -- I think breaking even is a great accomplishment --especially since you said you usually gain at least 5 pounds! And that image of your daughter totally cracked me up.

Too many personals to respond to everyone else individually (wow this thread is popular!!!) I'm down 3 pounds this week. I have a pair of goal pants I've been trying on each week...they started out so small I couldn't get them over my thighs. Then I could barely get them on, but my gut hung out and no way I could even get them buttoned. Then I could get them buttoned, but no way I could zip them up. Well, now I can get them on, buttoned and zipped. The end result looks good if I am wearing a bulky sweatshirt, but there is still too much muffintop to call them a fit yet, lol. Yet I am still squeezing my ars into them this morning as I lounge around (don't plan to wear them for the full day), just because I can. Hopefully next week I can officially fit into them, but still feels good to have gotten them on!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #431  

S/C/G: 320/150/140

Height: 5'5

good morning all ! i hope everyone had a great week ! sorry i have not been around too much lately, I've been extremely busy with work and school. I am very happy to report that i lost 1 pound this week, I now weigh 160 ! which means i've lost 50% of my total weight, i'm literally half the person i was on march 5, 2012 ..160 pounds lost, only 10 to 40 more pounds to go ! The odd thing is though i dont really think i look any diffrent..i still feel huge

Last edited by Tibbits2u; 05-16-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #432  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! Man, I have to say I've been pretty excited about this weigh in all week, mainly because the scale has sucked the rest of this week, and I stayed strong specifically so that it would go down today! And it did!

I lost 1.4 lbs this week! And I'm celebrating because I feel AWESOME!

Might not make my goal, but I might. I would need to lose ~4 lbs a week to do that, but you know, crazier things have happened. No matter what I am going to keep pushing and be healthier by the the 4th of July!

I'm also thinking I'll take my measurements today to see if they've gone down at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
down a lb and i'm actually pleased with that - i'm losing weight heaps slower than i expected to, especially since i've only been at it 3 weeks, but i'm still feeling motivated and i'm already feeling better, so that's the main thing. Don't think i'll meet my target by July 4th, but will keep going and see what happens.
I agree! Can't believe I'm happy about a pound, but I am, and I'm not going to argue with happiness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Woot! Woot! Had a whoosh this week

SW 161
CW 155.6
GW 150
YOU GO SUM38!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess that was where the woosh fiary was all week, helping you out. I hope I get a visit from her next week
Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #433  
A Laced Up Princess

S/C/G: 250/248/160

Height: 5'7

Wellllll I had a good day....I have kept up my food journal all week ... stayed in calorie range....I wasnt going to wrkout lastnight because I was sooo exhausted! My bf goes baby did you workout when you got home...I tell him no hunny Im just so tired ...he goes baby dont let your self down just go workout for a little so I did my Jillian 30 day shed and shred and I am soo proud!! Im going to keep it up ladies Im very happy!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #434  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Prettii- I agree with Zoesmom, you're here so you're one of us! Way to go on working out when you didn't really want to and staying on plan!

Nathalie- Welcome back!! Good for you on nipping in the bud before anything happened! I am so bad with nuts too, especially almonds and pecans. GL on your WI today!

Congrats on your lb down, Ange82much!

Delphi- Yay!! Way to go on hitting the 180s! So far it sounds great with the BF back, whew! I know you were a bit worried about it from a few posts of yours. I love my elliptical and funny you should mention that because I wanted a treadmill too but I really do not have the space. I will just join a gym once my sister moves back next month. Have a great day!!!

Sum38- Whoo-hoo!!! Way to go! That is awesome!

Loganandlivsmom- I am very surprised at how many people we have on this challenge. Makes me happy though! Looking forward to more posts from you on here (only if you feel comfortable, of course!)

Zoesmom- .1 is still a loss in my book!! Haha, your little one is so adorable!!! You certainly keep each other busy!

Alinnell- You're going in the right direction so that's good! I believe in you too with your plan! Keep it up.

Jessicado- Way to go on your 3lbs down and the pants!

:congratulations:, Tibbits2u!!!! 50% of your total weight gone is awesome!!! Although I've not been over 300, I wanted to say I understand on still feeling bigger. I think it's normal, some days I still see the 226lb me and it's annoying!!!! Just keep in mind on how far you have gone and it will catch up eventually.

Way to go, 100Mother!!! That is AWESOME!

For those who didn't have a loss or gained- keep fighting! Don't give up. You will get there eventually!

I stayed the same today although I was lower yesterday (163.8). Next week will be better!!! Going to get a workout in (30DS then 30-60 minutes on the elliptical, depending on how I feel.) After that, I've got to go to Kohls to pick out a birthday present for my mom to give to my cousin, pick up stuff at the grocery store for her birthday party this weekend- I am making layer dip and sweet italian salad.

After all that, I've got to do my nails and toes- the gel nails will take me about 3 hours to do on my own (not including coloring them, etc) ugh but worth it since the salons around here file your nails to a paper-thin consistency and likely use products with formaldehyde and other nasty stuff (most of their stuff do not have labels and they seem very hesitant when I ask them what kind of product they use!) Eff that.

Have a great day, all!!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #435  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Ha, so, kind of interesting...I just took my measurements and compared them to my measurements on 4/12/2013. I weighed the same weight as I did on 4/12/2013, but I have lost 4 inches overall. Very interesting.
Closed Thread