Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #451  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

hi wolfgirl - i'm not an authority (clearly) - but just do it! That's fine. Why would it matter if you're late?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It's never too late to join or to put your weight in!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #453  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Alright. I have been doing some casual dieting, and getting back into the swing of things since May 1st. I am now going to see if I can be serious about staying on plan. I have about 7 weeks, so I want to see if I can lose about 13 pounds by then so I am under 250 for the first time in probably 10 years?. So I am at 262, I start nursing school June 24th, and I want to see how well I do.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Okay i added it hopefully that's okay! Didn't do to well this week-been hanging with my boyfriend and yea LOL but I'm gonna try to watch what I eat with him from now on while still having fun-maybe eat little things when he's not around on those days.

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-17-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 183.3/183.3/150

Height: 5'7

Hi everybody! I'd love to join this. I'm re-starting my old diet after about a year's hiatus because I'm starting to re-gain, and I think this will be a great way for us all to motivate each other. I'm aiming for a loss of at least 1 lb. per week, so my goal weight for this challenge is going to be to reach 147 by July 4th. If I make it, this will be the first time I've hit the 140's since MIDDLE SCHOOL, and I'm super excited! If I can hit the 140's by then at all, I will consider that a great success in itself. I'm going to add myself to the spreadsheet now! Good luck everybody, I know we can all do it!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #456  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Delphi- I'm going to find that middle ground this week!!

zoesmom- I don't think it would be too hard to fit everything in, if it wasn't for the little guy. He doesn't want to stay in child care, so it's just one of those things that we're going to have to figure out. This is something that I really want, so I am going to have to do it.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #457  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Happy Monday Everyone!

Just popping in early this morning to check on you guys. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I had a maintenance weekend and I feel like crap. Eh, I'm so glad its Monday and I can get back to the gym. It rained all weekend and we were stuck in the house and I feel like I didn't get to move my butt at all. We did go see Star Trek Friday though and that was good. Though, it has me worried about what JJ Abrams is going to do with my Star Wars. In any case, We are just a little over 6 weeks until July 4th, so its crunch time. Gotta turn it up a notch. I will be leaving for vacation on June 29th, so I wont be around for the 4th, so I want to kick my butt in high gear and hit goal for this challenge. Well I better get off here and clock into work. Sure hope you guys have an exceptional day! Check in with you folks later!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #458  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

MONDAY MONDAY!

HI! Well, I managed to finish my RX of predisone Sunday. Weighed this morning and...HOLY FREAKING CRAP! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!????

I....Oh God....I....

LOST!!!!

Come ON Thursday! I got this!

Delphi - I hear ya on that rain. Killed me. My back is just now starting to feel better after throwing it out the previous weekend and...it rained. And they canceled the butterfly festival so I had to let my kid down. And...it rained more. BOOOO! But like you, time for high gear! Let's do this!

vdh2012 and vdancer - your goals sounds totally doable! You can do this!

Everyone else...
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #459  
A Laced Up Princess

S/C/G: 250/248/160

Everyone
My hearts broken...I failed horribly this weekend..no workouts and BAD eating .... Im ready to hop on full force this week...someone tell me its okay lol and too forgive ymself...Ill get to personals on my break
Old 05-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #460  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettiiPisces View Post
Everyone
My hearts broken...I failed horribly this weekend..no workouts and BAD eating .... Im ready to hop on full force this week...someone tell me its okay lol and too forgive ymself...Ill get to personals on my break
How about instead, I send you a slew of quotes that help me whenever I feel like I have failed:

“To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, to learn you must first fail.” ~Wesley Woo

“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.” ~Thomas Edison

“Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ~Oliver Goldsmith

“Everyone faces defeat. It may be a stepping-stone or a stumbling block, depending on the mental attitude with which it is faced.” ~Napoleon Hill

“Success is never certain. Failure is never final.” ~Robert Schuller

Fall seven times, stand up eight.” ~Japanese Proverb

“The only real failure in life is one not learned from.” ~Anthony J. D’Angelo

“Stumbling is not falling.” ~Portuguese Proverb

“Failure is not fatal. Only failure to get back up is.” ~John C. Maxwell

“Failures are like skinned knees, painful but superficial.” ~H. Ross Perot

“Failure is an event, never a person; an attitude, not an outcome.” ~Zig Ziglar

“In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.” ~Anthony D’Angelo

“You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” ~Unknown

“You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures.” ~Charles C. Noble

And my personal favorite:

“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ~Margaret Thatcher

Don't give up on yourself. You are human. Humans make mistakes. But the biggest mistake to make, is to not stand up and try again. You can do this. If I can, if Elvis can, if Delphi can, if everyone else can, so can you. Don't look at this past weekend as failure. Look at it as a side path that took you a little further from the main path, but did eventually bring you back. You are better than your slip. I assure you of that.

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #461  
A Laced Up Princess

S/C/G: 250/248/160

ZoeMom

You helped me bunch and gave me my fb status for the day!!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #462  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

zoesmom ~ Well congrats on the loss. I know you are glad to be off that predinose. It really is a pain in the arse to have to take it especially with the crappy side effects. I'm with ya, on kickin' it in high gear. I totally wanna be in the 170s when I hit the beach for 4th of July! We got this!!!

PrettiiPisces ~ Dang right its okay! It happens! Great thing is you aren't in some kind of denial and ready to jump back in full force and that my dear you should be proud of! No sulking here, just moving forward!

Well finished my 5 miles and have a slew of other errands to run. I have a swimming party/cookout I have to attend this weekend, so I am going to work extra hard this week so I can actually enjoy myself Sunday. Any Walking Dead fans here? I am trying to catch up on season 3 and it killed my activity level yesterday as we just watched episode after episode on Hulu and didn't do a lot else. Felt so lazy yesterday but I think thats the "rain effect"....Just always want to cozy up and watch a movie on those rainy days. In any case, sure hope you ladies are having a grrrrreat day and keep burning those calories!!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #463  

Hi Everyone!!

Just stopped in to update my numbers (down 3.2lbs this week, hello woosh fairy!) and see what you were all up to!

Thanks Zoesmom, those quotes are awesome.

Hope you are all having a great day!

Last edited by elvislover324; 05-20-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Family was in from out of town this past week, and it was rough eating out/not having time to exercise. Didn't lose anything, but I didn't gain either, so I'm going to count this as an okay week...
Old 05-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #465  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

quick check in to say i've lost a couple of pounds in the last week due to sticking on plan - that's lots for me. Hurray! Hopefully stay this way til next weigh-in.....
Closed Thread