Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #436  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Height: 5'7

I'm down 3 lbs, this week so far. I joined WW yesterday, so I'll be "tracking" now, which is new to me.

I haven't worked out since Monday, but it's hard to fit in the 30 minute drive one way with 4 kids schedules' to work around. Tonight I will go and see what I can get accomplished. One kid has golf lessons, two want to go the gym for a class, and the little guy will be tagging along with someone.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #437  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

You guys ROCK!!!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #438  
A Laced Up Princess

S/C/G: 250/248/160

Everyone
How many of you take measurements....I was thinking of getting a tape measurer....I havent lost alot this week....overall like over a lbs so not bad i feel like I am losing inches though....
Old 05-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 215.4

Height: 5'3

Hi all I am new here, but I would love to join.
My goal would be to loose 2 lbs for each remaining week !
Old 05-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #440  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

PrettiiPisces I just started taking measurements...hoping to have good results when scale is not moving.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #441  
A Laced Up Princess

sum38
Let me know how it goes
Old 05-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

PrettiPisces I have been taking measurements since I started. I do them on the first day of the month.

It's helpful, since like now I am still at 142.8, where I have been stuck for about 3 weeks.

Last edited by irish51; 05-16-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #443  
A Laced Up Princess

Going2beThatGirl

Congrats chicka!!! Impressed with your progress. Children and working out is my biggest challenge
Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #444  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Starting for this goal=253.6
Today's Weigh In= 251.8
July 4th goal=240

I actually have a personal goal of 250 first for June 4th. (My son's HS graduation). I weighed 250 when I found out I was pregnant with him in 1994. I even weighed 250 when I became pregnant with my daughter in 2004. A year ago (last June) I was 300, and I decided to try to lose weight for my health-don't want diabetes like a lot of my friends now have AND to look better in all those graduation pictures! You can't hide from facebook pics!!

PrettiiPisces-I took measurements-but only my waist and hips. I can tell you I have lost (almost) 50 pounds and have lost 5 inches from my hips and 4 1/2 from my waist. Good luck on your weight loss!!

have a good weekend everyone!!

Last edited by loganandlivsmom; 05-17-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #445  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Happy Friday!!!

dunsready ~

prettip ~ I have taken my measurements at different points but have not really kept up with them though I probably should. I think my clothes are a pretty good indicator for me and that seems to work well. I kinda wish I would have taken my measurements when I restarted this time around though. It is always a good motivator to see lost inches when the scale is being oh so stubborn.

going2bethatgirl ~ I can totally relate. I have 3 boys and it does seem impossible to squeeze in any time but the best thing I ever heard was that you can not look at it as having to make time. Do we make time to brush our teeth every morning? Nope. Exercise has to mirror that. It needs to have that same urgency for us. All my boys are in school and I always fit my exercise in first thing in the morning. Then on weekends or when school is out, I make arrangements to still go. Its just one of those things we can not compromise. Compromising our health in the end is detrimental to families! Good luck. Sure hope you can find the balance and the time. You will be paying it forward to your family in the long run.

100mother ~ on those 4 inches. That just goes to show the scale is not always the best indicator of progress. Great job!

amandie ~ Holy smokes. Sounds like a busy day. I'm totally with you on not getting my nails done at a salon. I always do them myself, though I never do fake nails, just usually give myself a french manicure and I'm done. I just prefer it and I have done it so long, I'm pretty good at it now. So much to do and you are still maintaining your workouts and I applaud you! Still inspiring the masses. Keep up the great work. You are kicking arse and taking names.

tibbits ~ on the loss. I know it can be frustrating not to "see" the difference. Also, I think we have to change our line of thinking about "feeling huge". I know when went through this the last time, no matter how much I lost, I always still felt really big. I never could get over my fat girl complex no matter how much weight I lost. Its a mental struggle. I think we have to put just much attention in how we feel and we are progressing emotionally as we are our bodies. Its tough though!

jessicado ~ on the 3 pounds and the pants! You must be feeling amazing. Sending good vibes your way for a better fit next week. Good luck! You are doing a fantastic job!

alinnel ~ Well just keep with that plan and I'm sure you will do great. You can do this!

zoesmom ~ My Rheumatologist put me on Predinose for fatigue and I hated it. I actually stopped taking after a month as I saw benefits and I know exactly how atrophies your organs and just saw no benefit to taking it. It was not a good fit. It sucks when you have to take something that is detrimental to your health. Though from my research it seems that the reason people gain weight on it is because it makes them have insatiable appetites. Well that and water weight shifting about! Do you find yourself more hungry on it? Some say it can be insatiable.

sum38 ~ on the loss! You are just zooming right along!

loganandlivsmom ~ Good luck on that goal by graduation. I'm sure you will do just fine. And boy don't I know what you mean about those facebook photos.

Well, things are going well for me. Looks like I found a system that is working. The weight loss is steady and finally fell into a routine that I can sustain and does not completely exhaust me. I'm gonna try a big run today as I always want to get an exhausting workout in at least once a week. Training to recover as they say! The recovery process is so important and in that process is where our muscles get stronger, so gonna try to push myself hard today as I have nothing but relaxing to do over the weekend. I sure am proud of this group. You are supportive and courageous. Keep up the great work and just know I'm here cheering for each of you! You guys really do inspire me daily and give me that something little extra to keep pushing myself. So thank you kindly! You folks have an amazing day and keep smiling!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-17-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #446  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Okay, intsy-bitsy late with my personals. Sorry about that. Got side tracked at ballet last night as the dance instructor was inquiring about a cake for a reception to be held after recital next week. An bleeding red velvet armadillo cake! I LOVE IT! I am so pro-bono-ing that one! Anyways, ran REALLY late because of that, and then got home to find my sitcom neighbor on my love seat. I swear...watch Seinfield, or any of those old 80's-90's shows. That is my house. I randomly find friends at my place at random times of the day or night and always on my couch or raiding my kitchen. Their saving grace is, when they raid my kitchen, they always leave money behind to repay what they took...or I would be one mad momma that all my daughter's snacks were MIA or all the lunch meat for my hubby was devoured. Since I hit the store three times a week for my veggies, it isn't a huge problem to pick up the stuff I ran out of, but the money adds up quickly, so at least they have tact in that regard. But yes, I have sitcom neighbors. Needeless to say, I never hit the computer again yesterday.

So, without much more ado, here's to my long list of personals!

Delphi - yepper. You have it down to a "T". I am insanely hungry when on predisone. Like, down right painfully hungry. I even end up with the low sugar shakes and blurred vision and headaches, even though I am not diabetic. I always question why they give it to me, considering the fact it has not ONCE been proven that it actually HELPS lungs that decide to take a momentary hiatus. Pretty much, I am always told to shut up and do it. And being the ever so diligant patient since last August, I do it. Had it been before than, I wouldn't have touched the stuff....but I learned first hand what not taking meds could do to me. So, I grumble and I mumble and I take it. Scale leapt on me this morning by three pounds (CRAP!) but since it jumped so quickly and since I didn't eat off plan, despite my insane want to, I am hoping it is just water weight and will drop as quickly as it went up. At least I am only on this junk for two more days. That is one of the few beauties of only needing it for lungs, hardly EVER prescribed for longer than a week. So glad you found a system that works for you! And so glad your BF is back in town!

logan - awesome! I bet you will surpass your 250 goal! Keep it up, you rock!

irish - you aren't fooling me! I know full well that you may not be dropping pounds as fast as you want to, but I also know that you had to return your skirts and capris as they couldn't even stay up with a belt! You are dropping inches faster than you are letting on in here!

dunsready to the challenge!

Pretti and 100Mother- I take measurements. I am actually much smaller inch wise than my weight lets on. Had I not been measuring, I wouldn't have known that. I mean, I easily fit in size 18's or a 1X and weigh as of this morning 247 (BOOO!) That is mostly because of my insane workout ritual. Last time I weighed 247, I was in size 22 and 2X, and it was snug! I had monthly measurements from that time frame as I was in a gym (half arsed) and my measurements were a good 18 inches larger than I am now...so yeah. I measure! It makes me feel good when the scale just WON'T budge!!!! I highly recommend it to everyone, as it is a nice morale booster on plateau weeks. Kudos on both your ladies' accomplishments this week!

Going2 Kudos on the loss! I understand your pain of never having time with kiddos. I only have one kid, but ehr activites literally take up 5 of my 7 days! Our compromise was, when she is at practice, I don't watch...I power walk, jog, or run. I'll watch actual games, rectials, and that sort of stuff. I will happily take her to the park every day..IF she will allow me to walk/jog circles around the park instead of insisting I push her in the swing (she knows how to do it herself and annoys me when she wants a push because it is up and down every second and she NEVER stays put.) And she is to join me on walks/jogs in the evenings (she insisted this one.) It works. Although, now I work out 2-4 times a day instead of 2-4 times a week. Dang kid.

amandie - jealous. I don't do gels, but I do get a mani/pedi once a month or so as a reward for being on plan. Except this month. All my luxury money for this month, and next month at that, went to T-Ball, T-Ball photos, ballet costume, registration for summer camp, registration for the new semester for the new tap/ballet class, and for the next session of swim class. Yep. My kid just wrangled every last penny out of me that I budget to myself that allows me to have selfish purchases. (I REFUSE to touch my savings for something so petty...it's for my future house dang it!) Things we do for our wee ones. Next week, you and I are going to rock this weight loss thing, I just know it!

Tibbits - woohoo! Keep up the great job!

Sum - send me some of that WOOSH! Pretty please! Good job, you did awesome!

alinnell - a down is a down. Sometimes we go up before we go down. Remember, it takes oving a rock by rock to move a mountain. You'll get there. So what if it takes a bit longer? It will just be all the sweeter when it finally happens. (and like you, I doubt I'll hit goal. I will be close, but I won't hit it.)

jessicado YEAH for the three pounds down. And thanks. My kid is...different...that is for sure. Last night at ballet, after practice for the recital, the dance instructor allowed the kids to freestyle dance but to "freeze" whenever the music went off. My kid totally cheated. She froze the ENTIRE time. I was both amused and insanely impressed. She literally held the same position for the entire length of the song...arms up, left leg out, balancing on the toes of only her right foot. She's just too much sometimes. OH!!! And kudos on the pants! I have SO done that before. You so rock!

A big KUDOS to everyone! You are all doing great...and the ones who didn't loss an ounce, have no worries! You WILL get there if you keep at it!

If I missed anyone, a thousand apologies. Hope everyone has a slamming great Friday!

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-17-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #447  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

On such a high- just ran 1.2 miles (the length of my Crescent 2x) without stopping! It may not be the furthest distance, nor was it the fastest run, but it's a new record for me! SO happy.

Come on the next four pounds!!

Unfortunately I had a bit of a binge at my parents house yesterday, and tonight is pizza night, then tomorrow I'm off to a party. Hoping to do lots of exercise to make up for it!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 320/150/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettiiPisces View Post
Everyone
How many of you take measurements....I was thinking of getting a tape measurer....I havent lost alot this week....overall like over a lbs so not bad i feel like I am losing inches though....
I've been measuring myself once a month for the last 3 months. since I am suffering from some type of body dismorphia that prevents me from seeing actual results it helps me to have some concrete evidence that I'm losing. So far i've lost 24.25 inches. it really does help give me a sense of accomplishment. just be sure to remember exactly where you measured or your measurements can vary widely each time.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

I forgot to put in my weight yesterday. Can I put it in now? Or is it too late?

P.S. Wednesday I got to meet, go out to dinner with, and go to guitar center with, my boyfriends parents! YAY! So nice! My boyfriend is such a sweetheart! During movies he wraps his arm around me. He's always telling me how adorable and attractive I am! We are going to see the Great Gatsby together AGAIN with my main girl and mom this sunday then tuesday is our second date (Picnic)! I am so lucky!

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-17-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgirl69 View Post
I forgot to put in my weight yesterday. Can I put it in now? Or is it too late?

P.S. Wednesday I got to meet, go out to dinner with, and go to guitar center with, my boyfriends parents! YAY! So nice! My boyfriend is such a sweetheart! During movies he wraps his arm around me. He's always telling me how adorable and attractive I am! We are going to see the Great Gatsby together AGAIN with my main girl and mom this sunday then tuesday is our second date (Picnic)! I am so lucky!
Can I?
Closed Thread