Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #406  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

to all the new additions.

Just popping in with a drive-by post. Picked up the boyfriend yesterday and my son had his first scrimmage yesterday evening, so it was a busy day yesterday with no gym time. Today I plan to catch up but still on plan but the scale is not budging. In any case, catch up with you guys a little later. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #407  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I'll weigh in today as I will be flying to Belgium tomorrow so will not have any time. It has been a roller-coaster of a week. Up and down and just 0.4lbs down on last week. Not good.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

to any of the newbies I missed yesterday GOOD LUCK!

IanG - don't beat yourself up too bad. .4 pounds lost is bettr than .4 gained...and besides, your averages are far better than normal, so you are still rocking it. Have a good flight and keep up the good work!

Delphi - I understand those days with too much and no time. I love and hate them. Hope you had a great first day back with your BF!

And...I wanna complain! Sometimes, just sometimes, I wish I had a girlfriend instead of a husband! Don't get me wrong, I love the guy to pieces but...MAN IS HE SO CLUELESS! At least a woman would "get it"!!!! Grumble.

So, last night, my mother, who is the ONLY blood relative I have that I actually get along with, like, and adore (the rest of my blood relatives suck...hard core, but that is a story for another day) invited us out to dinner tonight. Cool, I can do that. I mean, I am the champ at eating on plan when eating out given the insanity of my lifestyle and never having enough time. Then...she throws in the ultimate challenge...Sonny's BBQ! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! BBQ?!?!?! I mean..WHAT THE....!!!! BBQ is like the ultimate enemy to ANY diet, more so than the richest chocolate truffle covered in rich homemade caramel. It is the kryptonite to all things healthy. It is...oh my god....my greatest challenge to be had on eating out and dieting. I can figure out fast food, I can figure out Brazilian steak houses, I can figure out Hibachi, and Chinese, and Mexican...but BBQ?!?! The place where EVERYTHING is laced with fat and sugar and carbs and more fat and more sugar and more carbs....and let's not even talk about the calories! I almost had to decline.

So..I spent an hour pouring over the menu last night. Looking at every little thing. Looking at every last item and the nutritional values. What could I eat that would keep me within the boundries of my diet and NOT put me over on ANYTHING! Of course, my husband, the ever so sensitive type comments, "Just have a salad."

A SALAD?!?! First...I am SICK of salads, I have one about 5 times a week for the past 5 months. I am NOT going out to eat to buy a sald. Just NOT happening. Second, he apparently doesn't realize that salads at resturaunts many times have MORE calories and MORE carbs than anything else on the menu due to all the "extras" they thrown on. (Don't beleive me, look it up sometimes. It is downright sickening when you see the numbers.) Third, I wouldn't get nearly enough protein going that route, but get WAY too much of everything else! A salad. That was his answer. And then he proceeded to tell me I am over analyzing this. WHAT?!?! When a LUNCH portion of CHICKEN at a BBQ joint lists the caloric values at 1250, not including sides, I am over analyzing?!?! 1250 is more than my entire daily allowance!!!! And the carbs for said chicken since it is smothered in sauce (which they pre cook because it is smoked and there is no custom ordering...) was THIRTY-FOUR GRAMS! Jesus! FOR CHICKEN?! Something that should have less than one!!!??? and I am over analyzing.

Anyways...my husband just DOES NOT GET IT! I am however, happy to announce, after spending an hour looking over the menu and every itty-bitty detail, I was able to come up with something that will fit nicely into my plan without me going over on anything except fat (and that is only by one gram.) And I can still eat throughout the day like normal. It took an hour, but I did it. Take THAT, you dirty little calories, you!

Hope everyone has a slam-bam day!

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-15-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #409  
A Laced Up Princess

S/C/G: 250/248/160

Height: 5'7

Hey Ladies
Yesterday I did well, oatmeal for breakfast a chicken ceaser for munch and I had a piece of turkey with some roasted cauliflower for dinner...plus owrked out about 35 minutes. Scales are down already...sometimes I get discourgaed because I want the scales to tip so fast and I see progress but sometimes I want it faster!!! Be patient ashley all in due time!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the welcome zoesmom and Delphi. I'm really excited to get started on this challenge.

I ran 3.2 miles yesterday in 27 mins (which so far is the best I've been able to manage) I have a 5k this weekend and I think training for it might help me shed some lbs. Here's hoping!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #411  
Trying to be in the 160s

Thanks zoesmom and I really sympathize on the salads thing. I have been on them daily for the last four months or so. God, I just need HOT food! But I like what you say about eyeing the healthier options. I am getting quite a whiz at that now myself. But it's not your husband's fault. A salad was a good suggestion but I doubt unless he is dieting he could eye food like we do. It takes some practice.

Last edited by IanG; 05-15-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #412  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hello and to the challenge- Browneyes, Gordongirl, Davikatl, Raidermom! Good luck with all of your goals!!!

Friendly reminder- Please do not touch or edit the last 4 columns (blue, orange, yellow and red) in the challenge spreadsheet. If you happen to accidentally delete something on the last 4 columns, please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks!

Hi, Elvislover!!!

Prettii- I want to say yes, you may/should look different after losing 20lbs but that totally depends on your body and where it decides to shed the 20lbs from. I totally understand about wanting the scale the move faster but remember, easy off, easy on. Slow and steady is best. Roasted cauliflower, mmm! Sounds like you're doing great so far! Keep it up.

Seizetheday 3.2 in 27 mins? Wow. Sometimes I wish I were a runner! Maybe one day after I reach goal (I worry about the stress on my knees from the extra weight.) on you for dropping some with training. Good luck with the 5K in case I forget to tell you that before this weekend. You're gonna do fantastic, I feel it!

Zoesmom- Not really that twisted. I forget which I like but some of them are tart and kinda sweet on its own. I have to be mindful of which because it sometimes tastes funny as a sour cream sub, lol. OMG, I freaking love BBQ and *bop* on your hubby's head (like from the shoulda-have-had-a-V8 commericals. ) You're not gonna go to a BBQ joint just to have a freaking salad!!!! LOL. I cracked up at the last part of your post about dirty calories. Glad you were able to find something out of that menu. Can I ask what you're gonna get?

Delphi- Totally understandable. Enjoy every moment with your BF and I hope you had a great day yesterday with the BF! Boo to the scale. I gotta say I miss your AM posts, they kinda set me up for the day, heh.

Ian- I agree with Zoesmom, you are still doing great when you go back and look at your averages. You will get this. Not many people can still lose while on trips (whether business or personal) so you rock, just remember that! Keep up the good work.

Hello all!!! I had a bit of a frustrating morning trying to get on here with the database errors, lol. I managed to get a workout in on the elliptical while waiting for the error to be resolved. Tomorrow I start level 2 on 30DS, eep! Excited about it though. I really need to get my ipod back from my mom's friend (she borrowed it nearly 2 years ago and has yet to give it back!?!) so I can listen to some beats while working out.

That's about it for me, gonna go and do some errands and stuff around the house. Have a great (OP) day, everyone and like Delphi says, don't forget to smile!

Last edited by amandie; 05-15-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Thanks zoesmom and I really sympathize on the salads thing. I have been on them daily for the last four months or so. God, I just need HOT food! But I like what you say about eyeing the healthier options. I am getting quite a whiz at that now myself. But it's not your husband's fault. A salad was a good suggestion but I doubt unless he is dieting he could eye food like we do. It takes some practice.
I know. I just needed to vent for a moment. My husband is beyond clueless on so many things...and I know it isn't a man thing, it can happen to anyone...but for him, it is a genius thing. He is book smart like no tomorrow. He really is. And computers? He walks circles around everyone. But when it comes to common sense well...he has none. I know his intentions were good...I just sometimes hate how I feel I am so alone in my battle. One of the many reasons I am here. Everyone here "gets it" and that is a MUCH needed relief!

amandie - sure! Charbroild chicken, brocolli, and my coveted Mac and cheese! And all of it within "budget"!!!! WOOOT! I am so jealous about you starting L2...I was ALMOST there when I threw my back out. Grumble, grumble.

anywho...off to the wonderful world of Hibbet Sports to find my kid a bigger pair of baseball pants prior to practice this afternoon. Stupid growth spurts that cause the Jolly Green Giant to grow 4 inches over night...

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-15-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #414  
Trying to be in the 160s

This place saves marriages Zoesmom! My wife would boot my butt out if I bought all I bring here home!

"Down 0.4lbs today honey".

"Get out Ian."

Last edited by IanG; 05-15-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
This place saves marriages Zoesmom! My wife would boot my butt out if I bought all I bring here home!

"Get out Ian."
This is a huge reason I like this site so much. My DH does not have to hear how often I am obsessing over my weight loss like he has previously. He has even said what a nice change it is for me to be less obsessed (i.e. not talking about it every second of every day) this time! Little does he know how often I read this boards
Old 05-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #416  

Quote:

"Get out Ian."
This made me smile.

I'd be lost without this forum too. Like Zoesmom said above, we all "get" it here.

My husband is amazing, he really is. He's a great person to anyone and everyone and would give you the shirt off his back and then some. But a weight problem has never been something in his life so he only gets it via me. I don't blame him for it and he couldn't be more supportive of me, but even this patient awesome man has his limits. So...I talk to you all about it! And...I even share more with all of you as I'd never tell him my hopes and dreams and fears about my weight as I know he'd worry for me too or wouldn't understand the anxiety about our NSVs being conquered etc.

You all saved my marriage and really, my life.

And btw, hi everyone!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #417  
Trying to be in the 160s

Thanks Elvis. New clothes are costing me an arm and a leg right now. I ungrow out of shirts every two weeks. You mentioned that your husband "would give the shirt off his back and then some."

Could he send me some shirts, underwear and pants please? I need smaller ones. Quick quick!

Last edited by IanG; 05-15-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #418  

Quote:
Thanks Elvis. New clothes are costing me an arm and a leg right now. I ungrow out of shirts every two weeks. You mentioned that your husband "would give the shirt off his back and then some."

Could he send me some shirts, underwear and pants please? I need smaller ones. Quick quick!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #419  
A Laced Up Princess

S/C/G: 250/248/160

Height: 5'7

This was so awesome to read the last few post. You guys are really a good support system. I cant wait to be caleled one to the guys/gals
Old 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #420  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer1966 View Post
This is a huge reason I like this site so much. My DH does not have to hear how often I am obsessing over my weight loss like he has previously. He has even said what a nice change it is for me to be less obsessed (i.e. not talking about it every second of every day) this time! Little does he know how often I read this boards
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!! I still text him when scale is kind to me, and obsess over my workouts, BUT since I have an outlet here, it really is saving his poor ears.
Closed Thread