Old 01-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #91  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecat View Post
Rise and Shine and Sweat it off!

Time to get crackin'.

Chickadee-Great job kicking butt on the Black Ops!!

Peanutt-I was looking at the FitBook a few months ago and it looked really good, but I already have a journal thing so couldn't buy another. Ha. Funny about the sales person. I was telling my husband the other day that even if I wanted to join a gym right now I'm would be kind of scared because of being stigmatized with it being January and all.

Reso-You got this, stay on track today!

Okay, go get them people. Veggies are our friends remember.
Veggies, just not for breakfast , you are up early for a Saturday, So am i though.

Think i might have some oatmeal , yum.

Chickadee : I haven't been paying much attention lately, way to go on the Black Ops, girl, you are a machine.

First things first , wheres my coffee ?

Oh yeah got a new fridge and stove, retired my poor old tired junky ones, these are so clean and shiny. Microwave is pretty new also , so i chucked my toaster and got a new one of those also, it's nice having all new appliances in the kitchen, makes me want to cook good meals.

Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 192/178.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Resolute- congrats on the new appliances. That's very exciting. I had that exact stove before we remodeled. I really liked it, but hubby wanted to change to stainless. I also love, love, love the fridge with the freezer on the bottom.

I gotta get on the stick and get some cardio in so I can finish Jeanettey's triple D challenge. I also forgot my burpees yesterday so I'm going to do 6 in the morning and 7 tonight to get caught up.

I need more information about the Black Ops challenge. What are the rules? I might be interested.
sumnerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #93  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumnerfan View Post
Resolute- congrats on the new appliances. That's very exciting. I had that exact stove before we remodeled. I really liked it, but hubby wanted to change to stainless. I also love, love, love the fridge with the freezer on the bottom.

I gotta get on the stick and get some cardio in so I can finish Jeanettey's triple D challenge. I also forgot my burpees yesterday so I'm going to do 6 in the morning and 7 tonight to get caught up.

I need more information about the Black Ops challenge. What are the rules? I might be interested.
They maybe aren't the fanciest but they are worlds better than my old ones, i really wanted a fridge with the freezer on the bottom, i do have a small freezer chest also, you can't fit a lot in a normal freezer.

My Dad bought all stainless, i don't really like it myself, shows everything including the dint on his door. Seems so antiseptic or something.
You must have the bucks if you can just change willy nilly. Next up is the washer and dryer, might as well get new ones there also. Maybe i will enjoy doing laundry for a little while, LOL.

Should get all gussied up for a morning walk, cleaned a lot last night so i don't have tons to do today, should still be enough to keep me busy though.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #94  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I dont like stainless. We have a stainless fridge that came with the house. Should be called stainmore. Fingerprint central. When we remodel this summer I am going with all black.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #95  

I wouldn't say that. lol We are actually still paying for the appliances. They will be 'ours' in three more months.

We had to have a new fridge and dishwasher so we went ahead and got the stove too so that everything matched and so that it fit since we also got new cabinets. My former kitchen was terrible. I hated going in there. The cabinets had been painted so many times paint flaked off when you got out the dishes. There was no work space or storage. We lived with it for 10 years before we could afford to change it so I definitely wanted to do it right. I love my kitchen now and because I shopped hard we did it for about half what everyone told us it would cost.

I wouldn't have picked stainless myself because I think it will be as dated as avocado in 10 years, but it was one of the few things Hubby had a strong opinion about so I let him have it. I will say even after we clean it, it's still streaky which is pretty frustrating. I don't get too worked up about it though. I'm just happy to have a kitchen where we aren't fighting for counter space to work.

If you decide to get a front load washer be sure to leave open the door and detergent tray between loads so that it doesn't mildew. I wish someone had told me that before I got mine.

I gotta get up and off this computer and move my butt-er!

Last edited by sumnerfan; 01-07-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #96  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I'm just baffled by the concept of a husband having strong opinions on appliances. Don't get me wrong. I know they exist. I know there are men who go in to the kitchen and do more than eat. Just not mine. If the appliances keep the cold food cold and make the food hot magically with no interference on his part he is good with them. He doesnt understand why we need new appliances with the remodel at all.

Racing today. Ate breakfast. Bleeergh. Not used to carbs this early in the morning (Reso FWIW when I eat breakfast it DOES tend to be almost all veggies!)

Last edited by ennay; 01-07-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #97  

My husband ALWAYS has a strong opinion about something. Sometimes I think he does it just to be difficult. lol I try to use it as a bargaining tool.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #98  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

lost 2.4 lbs / pledging 0.4 lbs for next week
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5 foot 8

222 on the scale this morning from 224.6 on sunday! already made my 2.0 pledge and more! hopefully there is a little more lost on the scale come the morning!
ClaireBear92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/Healthier!

hopping in. pledging a pound, hoping for more. Weighing once a week, on Saturdays. No scales at home.

I'm trying so hard to focus on how my clothes fit, and such, but I need some sort of validation in between pant sizes. Got to see how my body continues. So far, I'm up 4 pounds since dec 18, but down 6 in the last week. We'll see!
packgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #101  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

53:03 Sweeeeeet. Not close to my best time, but not close to my worst either. Not bad for not really racing in 18 months. I'm definitely out of pacing practice. I've forgotten what 10K pace is supposed to FEEL like.

I want 30 more seconds per mile by March 3rd. That will require at least 10 lbs.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #102  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Jeanettey's Mid-week challenge

Choose Your Hard

100 crunches completed by - Sumnerfan, Thinsole

100 pushups completed by -

100 mountain climbers completed by - Sumnerfan,

100 minutes cardio completed by - Ruby,

Double dog dare challenge

Platoon members who completed 3 or 4 portions -

ennay, MadamB, and Chick

Let me know if I missed anyone. The challenge is posted on page 2, post #10
Jeanettey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #103  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Count me in for the Black Ops challenge. It was a great motivator.

I like the bonus and penalty % idea, however I would like to add that honestly, for me, the fear of being eliminated was what really kept me going some weeks. Just something to consider.
Jeanettey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #104  
In Charge

Height: 5' 11''

To refresh everyones memories, this is what the original Black Ops rules were.

BLACK OPS RULES:

This is Black Ops troops…there will be no rule bending on this challenge.

--Basic rules: Sunday weigh-ins by 12 midnight (central time) / Thursday morning final elimination for player on bubble.

--To avoid elimination you MUST POST WEIGH-IN on SUNDAYS BY 12Midnight Central Time. If the time stamp of your post is later than 12Midnight that you are automatically eliminated. You CAN weigh in early!

--The player with the lowest % of weight loss on Sunday will be up for elimination UNLESS their % loss is better than the player being eliminated on the NBC Show which airs Tuesday nights.

However, on this thread, PLEASE DO NOT discuss the BL show until Thursday mornings for those of us who record it to watch without commercials and/or during workouts OFF THE SOFA!!! If you want to discuss the show in advance of Thursday morning, please chat on the 3FC thread at: Biggest Loser Season 12- Are You Ready?!

--Since Black Ops is a side challenge, Sarge would prefer people to continue pledging and setting goals for themselves each week. The whole pledging concept is the one thing that makes Sarge’s Boot Camp unique on 3FC and I think continuing to pledge is fair to platoon members who are rooting for us but not participating in the challenge. If you don’t care to pledge or are near goal, it still remains perfectly ok to ask to be placed in the maintainers/coffee break zone.

--The players eliminated each week WILL CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE just like the “at home players” on the NBC show. On 12/18 we will crown the ultimate Black Ops Winner & name the “at home” winner who didn’t let a little thing like being eliminated stop them from achieving their holiday goals!

A little more info -

If we started this Sunday the challenge would be 10 weeks and would end on March 18th as the show ends on March 13th.

Please continue to give your opinions on the challenge and we will see if we get enough participants to proceed sunday.
SARG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #105  
In Charge

Height: 5' 11''

BLACK OPS COMPETITORS

Peanut
Tate
Sarati
Ennay
Jeanettey
SARG is offline   Reply With Quote