Old 01-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #121  
YESiCAN

S/C/G: 293/285/150

Height: 5'2

Hi SARG, I'm new! I promise to lose 2 pounds next week!
CANi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #122  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Pledged 3 / lost 4 / pledge 3 more!

HOLY HEFFER YOU ALL!!! SOME REALLY NICE LOSS REPORTS ROLLING IN TODAY! CONGRATS TO ALL YOU and especially Jeanettey (for 15 BIG ONES) this week, and Black Op-er's who made it to the end of that challenge.
JayTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #123  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Gained: 0.4 lbs
Trekked: 7.7 miles

I don't love it that the scale is up since I'm still creating a sizeable calorie deficit every day, but it's the stall I expected and I can't do anything about it except keep working and have faith that it will drop at some point. Not much cardio this week because I went a little overboard with the strength exercises two days in a row and my calves were so bad that I was having trouble walking for a few days, lol, so that may be a factor with the scale too.

The thread has been so active in the past few days that I'm going to miss a lot of people, but:

Thanks, all, for the kudos on the Black Ops challenge. And congratulations Sarati on being the at-home winner and doing such an awesome job!!

Jeanettey: AWESOME to see those 15 lbs drop off!! What a boost to start the new year!!

Cheshire: Way to go on the marathon!! Holy cow, I just can't even imagine doing that! You rock!

ennay: Fantastic time on the 10K, and great loss this week!!

Resolute: Fun on the new appliances! I want some - mine are ancient! It was have to wait until we remodel the kitchen though, as they don't make standard refrigerators small enough to fit in the space where ours currently sits, lol.

Tate: Woohoo, great loss!!!!

JayTee: Way to kick @ss this week!

peanutt: LOL, you're much more poised than I am - I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut with the woman at the store! It's like those people who comment on your weight loss and yet want to give unsolicited weight loss advice... um, I've lost a bunch, I think I know what I'm doing, thanks!

CANi: Welcome!

Though I wish I could I won't be participating in BlackOps this time around, because I can't predict what's going to happen over the next few months. But I do have a very specific goal in mind and a plan to try to make it happen.

I have my next embryo transfer scheduled for Feb 3, and following that I'll be on bed rest and then just light activity until we find out whether or not it worked. If it does work (please God) then I'll be out of the weight loss game for a while. And so I really really REALLY want to hit my original goal by Feb 3. With the exception of a 4 day break I'll be on hormones until the transfer and so I can't control the water retention/what my weight will do on the scale, but I what I CAN do is create the necessary calorie deficit to get to 147 lbs by the morning of Feb 3. Then, whether the scale shows it or not, I'll know I've done the work to achieve what I set out to do.

Based on my Bugg data and my food log from the past month, and my low weight this week (the 155.0 lbs in my profile/signature), I should be at 153.6 lbs today. To get to 147.0 lbs by Feb 3, I need to create an average deficit of 889 calories per day. I will aim for higher than that, but that's the minimum to get to my goal. I think it will be good to have something concrete to work toward and a specific daily goal, especially if the scale does wacky stuff in the coming weeks.

Last edited by chickadee32; 01-08-2012 at 06:21 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #124  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Chickadee. You are so all business, i love it. You go girl...

Josey : Yeah i don't have near the fat layer as last year, the cold just cuts through me now also. i'm loving this mild winter.

I'm gonna pledge 2 pounds this coming week, time to get this party started.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #125  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Resolute, numbers and tallies and logs and forecasts and plans are how I manage life in general. When I realized last winter that weight loss could be handled the same way, I knew it was right up my alley.

YAY on the pledge this week - I know you can do it.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #126  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
Resolute, numbers and tallies and logs and forecasts and plans are how I manage life in general. When I realized last winter that weight loss could be handled the same way, I knew it was right up my alley.

YAY on the pledge this week - I know you can do it.
Being all business and figuring things out in minutia and as scientifically as possible was what made the difference for me, so i know exactly what you say and how you feel.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 192/178.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Wow Jeanettey! That is amazing!

Last edited by sumnerfan; 01-08-2012 at 04:37 PM.
sumnerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #128  
In Charge

Height: 5' 11''

Black Ops Biggest loser Challenge

I pulled several ideas from multiple sources in order to make our Black Ops challenge as fresh and challenging as possible.

I considered the Bonus / penalty percentage idea and how competitive some of our members were with trying to achieve fitocracy points each day. I also considered the weekly participation in the Jeanettey mid week challenges. I liked the idea that we don’t do eliminations but are more focused on finishing strong with big losses. Here’s what I came up with,

In addition to achieving a weight loss percentage you will be able to get bonus and penalty percentages added to your ending weight loss which will determine the winner of our challenge.

Each week the person with the highest percentage of weight loss will get a .25% bonus

Each week the person with the lowest percentage of weight loss will get a .25% penalty

In addition you can get Black Ops weekly challenge bonus percentages,

Each week you can get yourself a .25% bonus by completing 4 days of challenges from the list.
You have to do at least 3 different challenges during the week. (you can duplicate once)
You must complete 4 days in each week to get the bonus. There is no carry over. Each week starts the count over running from Sunday thru Saturday. We will have a seperate spreadsheet and it will be your responsibility to post the days you accomplish a Black Ops challenge. You must update the spreadsheet by Mondays at 2pm pacific time after which the challenge board will be wiped clean for the next weeks challenges to be input.

Here is the list of challenges you can pick from each day.

100 push ups
100 crunches
50 lunges (25 per leg)
15 burpies
60 cardio minutes
2 miles (walk,run,bike,etc.)
25 glut lifts
100 bicep curls (50 ea arm)
100 mountain climbers (50 ea leg)
Combo- 1 mile and 30 mins cardio

Remember you need to do 1 a day for 4 days in a week to get the bonus. You have to do at least 3 different challenges during the week. (you can duplicate once)

The Black Ops challenge bonus is designed to help keep us active, competitive and striving to lose as much as possible during the 10 week challenge. It should help platoon members who have a bad week to help make up for it by getting the bonuses.

So far I have the following Black Ops challengers,
Jeanettey, Peanutt, Tate, Sarati, Ennay, Thinsole, Sumner,

We will begin with today’s weigh ins and the Black Ops challenges can begin today.

I will post the link to our spreadsheet when finished.
SARG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #129  
In Charge

Josey - I want to thank you for offering to do the black ops spreadsheet. However, since I made the decision to add on extra bonus % challenges I ddin't want to ask you to do all that extra work. I am making a spreadsheet for the challenge so You don't have to.

Thank you again for the offer and for all you do for us on your spreadsheet!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #130  
In Charge

Here is the link to the Black Ops spreadsheet.

Please input your starting weight for today and see how you update

when you complete a challenge for the weekly bonus.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvGgOYIHkKNNdHVldGp1WkNkYmNKaHBFTWttQTJqT 3c&hl=en_US#gid=0
Old 01-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #131  
In Charge

Cani

Excellent losses this week.

Congrats to Jeanettey 15lbs, Tate 5.6 lbs and Sarge 4 lbs on big numbers!!!

Last edited by SARG; 01-08-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 192/178.2/145

It says I don't have permission to access the doc.
sumnerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #133  
Hand it over

S/C/G: 82.8/82/68kgs

Height: 171 cm

Hi SARG, I'm new! I promise to lose 1.5 kgs next week!
SophieSophieSophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #134  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Hello Platoon.
Down 1.3lbs from my last weigh in/ Pledge 1 lb this week.

I am trying to get back online regularly again. It has fallen out of my regular routine. The new job makes it impossible for me to check during the day :/
It's nice to see all the familiar 'faces' on here. I know if I can return to my obsessive 3fc days I'll make goal by my 1 year anniversary.
Sarge- feel free to yell at me. I deserve a good thrashing for slacking in my resolve. I know that is not the platoon way!
K3LL3Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

My actuals for 1-1-12 thru 1-7-12 are:
Current Weight: 196
Loss = 3 lbs.
Walking = 12 miles

My goals for 1-8-12 thru 1-14-12 are:
Goal this week = 2 lbs.
Walking = 20 miles
DVDs = Start one dancing DVD & dance 3 times this week
12 Week Goal: 25 lbs. loss by 3-25-12 (175 lbs)
Long-term goal: 140 lbs.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS THIS WEEK:
New year team activities, yah!
Launched 2012 goals
Gathering tools for the 2012 journey

IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Get up earlier
No eating after 7:00
Limitation on Pop Chips
Better portion control
Stress management (a little Winter blues going on)
Naughty
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote