Old 09-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #136  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

CarlyC - All of the research I've done on CC says to not go below 1200cal/day. My limit is set at 1300/day, every 3rd or 4th day I allow 1500.

8 days on plan for me! Bought a scale yesterday and it read 172.2 (nothing but my birthday suit on). 2 Weeks ago at the gym I weighed 181 (with my workout clothes on). Obviously I can't measure how much I've lost from then to now accurately, but there was a loss and my pants fit better! On my way to being in the 160's for Christmas
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

sakai don't get down- if you are doing everything right then it doesn't matter if the scale goes up a bit a few times a month! I gained 4.4 lbs overnight and kept it on for a week (water retention, constipation, blah blah blah) and then it just fell off in two days earlier this week. Keep on truckin'!
miatutu All that food sounds delicious! I love Thai and Indian food too. (I live in India so I get lots of the latter!) Congrats on a great doctor's visit!
Carly There isn't a magic calorie number that no one can go below- 1200 is one of those annoying dietary myths that won't go away. There was a good thread about it in the WL Support Forum recently: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ie-number.html.

The most important thing is that you are getting in ALL YOUR NUTRIENTS and PROTEIN and FATS. The lower you go the easier it is to accidentally "spend" 400 calories on pasta- which may fit into your caloric limits but which uses 30% of your daily calories and gives you no protein, almost no vitamins, and just a bunch of empty carbs!

I am on 1200- sometimes lower- because I'm very short and close to goal. I have to be VERY careful to plan out my day to ensure I reach 70-80 g of protein a day, all my vitamins, fibers, etc. As a result I have had to cut WAY down on my carbs and eat almost no grains except once or twice a week. No fruit juice or other empty calories. One-two glasses of wine a week, max, usually none. It's hard! But doable- you just have to be super accountable.

tyla congrats on making it through a tough day!
MissKrissy way to go for 8 days on plan!!

DAY 13- GREAT DAY!

IF: Started eating at 2 PM
Exercise: None, rest day
Food:
1 c sauteed okra, tomatoes, onions, spices
1 apple
1.5 c roasted garlic and rosemary cauliflower

11 almonds
2 tbs hummus
2 tbs baba ghanoush

salad of shredded red cabbage, carrots, mint, cilantro + rice wine/fish sauce dressing
100 g steamed shrimp
1 scoop protein powder + 1/2 c skim milk + 1/2 banana

Last edited by indiblue; 09-29-2011 at 10:20 PM.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #138  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyC1980 View Post
Morning Ladies. Still OP for 2 weeks, worked out yesterday for 35 minutes. How many calories is everyone aiming for per day? I am tracking calories on the livestrong site and it says for current weight of 203 to lose 2 lbs a week I can only have 1036 calories per day. Does that sound about right?
that sounds low for your weight, even if you are not active.

I don't subscribe to the "never go below 1200" theory - my plan doesn't have me track calories but I did for a little bit out of curiosity and I am routinely under 1200, although I eat whenever I am hungry so I'm not worrying about it. But if you find it a struggle to stay with 1036, I would go higher and see what happens. All of the calculators are just rough estimates, and the only true calculator will be your body and how you feel and whether you are losing weight. If you are too tired and hungry all the time, then you need to eat more no matter what some calculator says. And if you feel great and are losing weight, then you are at a good number, even if it's below the "magic" 1200.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #139  
Dukanista

day 12 done - 33 minutes on the Wii. I should mix it up more and do some other stuff, but my 7 year old loves watching me use the Wii and begs me to do it. Over the weekend, I'll do some WATP too, which I think is a better workout but I don't have the time or energy to do both on weekdays!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #140  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Indiblue I know it's gotta be water that caused the sudden weight gain. I ate well but had a salty snack three times over the weekend, and it must be my TOM as well. I'm feeling bloated, tired and just a little snippy.
So I'm downing all the water i can stand. Had a bunch of carbs just now for breakfast because I need them to get started so I won't drag my knuckles at work.
I had one cup cooked potatoe, one cooked parsnip, a small tomato plus two eggs for protien and fat to kill my hunger.

I'm finding it very hard to cut back on carbs. I'm not sure if I'm just stubbornly addicted to them, or if my active job makes my body crave them. but my carb to protien ratio is not good. I find myself starving two hours before lunch time. I know fat and protien kills hunger, but if there's no carbs, I feel as though hunger is back much sooner than it should be.
I eat at 8:30...P.m
Work starts at 10:00
Break at 12:00 (starving by now, Sometimes I have protien and fat or just fruit.
Lunch at 2:00 A.m
Break at 5:00 (fruit here)
Home by 7:00 (starving by now but I go to bed in two and a half hours so I try to eat a small simple meal with as little fat as possible. I average around 1300-1400 cals a day, (sometimes a little more, some days a little less)

I don't know if i'm not eating the right things, or just not enough...@.@
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

TGIF!!!

Indiblue, congrats on your weight loss! I'm so slow at losing weight, that I'm not getting on the scale for a while. That only discourages me.

Today is day 14!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the replies, If i change my activity level from sedentary to light activity it said I can have 1336 calories. I've been fluctuating between 1100-1700 for the past two weeks, and am very pleased to report my scale came in today and reads 199.0!!!!
ONEDERLAND YAY!!! Par-Tay!
NoMoreKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #143  

Another issue I am having is going over my sodium every single day!! I am double where I am supposed to be for the past two weeks. I have been eating boarshead cracked pepper turkey/ or buffalo chicken deli lunch meat which is super high in sodium (710 mg) and any of the prepackaged 100 cal snacks are way high too. Something I need to work on!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #144  

I'm ready for my ticker so i'm being a post ho

I've got to do better this weekend. Our life revolves around food! Having a party? What are you bringing to eat? Birthday? Lets go out to eat! Football Game? Appetizers out the wazoo.
Plan for this weekend is move my dusty treadmill off the back porch and up to my moms (two houses down) so she can start her own WL journey and I will get some movement in on my days off.
Saturday morning I am taking my three year old daughter and a friend of hers to see their first play/musical, 101 Dalmations! I am excited, hope they will sit still/quiet for 45 minutes!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #145  
Dukanista

Carly -

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO on Onederland, that's fantastic!!!

I'm really hoping I'll get there by Halloween - at least it's really good incentive for me to just step away from the candy bowl for the whole month! lol!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 244/232/160

Carly Congrats on the milestone!!! Keep up the great work.

Totally pms'ing today. Grouchy and all I do is keep looking in the fridge to snack. Wish TOM would just come for his stay and move on. My dad is coming in for a visit tonight. Will be here for almost a week. Haven't told him I was dieting, so I wonder if he will notice. Its only 15 lbs, and we only see each other a couple times a year so I don't know if it is enough or him to see. Will wait and see. Went to go walking and it started raining. Going to do some dance central later. Love that kinect. Hopefully I can hold of on the snacking for the rest of the day.

Last edited by miatutu; 09-30-2011 at 05:14 PM.
miatutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

tyla I'm super slow too. 11 lbs in 9 months! (Though I did take a few months maintenance break in there.) Good for you for figuring out what works best for you. Can't wait to see what your next weigh-in reveals!

Carly big congrats!!!

miatutu have a great visit with your dad. I love when parents come to visit. Hope the rest of the day you were able to shoo away the munchies

DAY 14

Exercise: 30 minutes moderate yoga + 30 minutes lifting
IF: Started eating at 1 PM
Food:
1.5 c roasted cauliflower
1 apple
1 bell pepper and cabbage salad + 1/3 slice of thin crust pizza
two bites of hummus
a few sips of my fiance's peanut butter banana smoothie

1.5 c kidney beans
a bunch of black-bean brownie bites (gluten-free recipe- they were good!)
1 glass red wine
1/2 custard apple
nibbles at a party: 4 chips + 1 tbs spinach artichoke dip, a few tiny bites of cheese, 3 pieces gnocchi

Ok, so didn't do so great on keeping the nibbles under control today. But I didn't go crazy at the party so that was good.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #148  
Dukanista

we didn't get home until 9 pm but I still did 30 minutes on the Wii to get in my last day for my 30/30 and to keep going on this one!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #149  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Trying very hard not to munch before work!!
Scale is slowly going back down again, but still have a couple of pounds to go to get back to where I was four days ago.

I seem to be stopped up In the past two days, I've seen very little of the inside of a bathroom (other than right after drinking glugs of water.) I'm not sure if I want to add more fiber in my diet just yet. I'll give my body another day to see if it regulates itself. Maybe I'll mix some fiber cereal in my Greek yogurt or something tomorrow. Bran Buds always seems to work for me.

17 days meat free.

Last edited by Sakai; 09-30-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 244/232/160

Well my dad did notice that I have lost some weight! YAY!!!! But when he came last night he decided he was hungry went and picked up pizza and breadsticks and I had a small breadstick. Boo!!! well, it was one small one. Could have been worse. I have already did my exercise for the day. Me and son have an exercise challenge for this month. Going to go shopping when everyone else gets home from going out to breakfast. I knew they would try to go out to eat so I got up and ate right away so I wouldn't have a reason to go. Only god nows what I would have had if I went. Probably their yummy pumpkin pancakes. OK. Now I'm, drooling. Anyhoo, everyone have a great day.

Last edited by miatutu; 10-01-2011 at 09:39 AM.
miatutu is offline   Reply With Quote