Old 09-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #196  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Ryler, carla and me gained this week, so you're defo above us

SHanhat, don't beat yourself up too bad, what you get in starbucks??!

So far so good for me this week, been very on plan, despite the cold, starting uni and visiting gran in hosp. Am going to have a packet of crisps and a couple of glasses of wine with the football tonight though, and out for dinner tomorrow and Friday night, I used to do week after week OP, now I celebrate 2 days, hmmmmm!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #197  

lilbluecat, well done with the cake, that is so NOT cheating, that's willpower of a saint!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by takingcontrol View Post
Ryler, carla and me gained this week, so you're defo above us

SHanhat, don't beat yourself up too bad, what you get in starbucks??!

So far so good for me this week, been very on plan, despite the cold, starting uni and visiting gran in hosp. Am going to have a packet of crisps and a couple of glasses of wine with the football tonight though, and out for dinner tomorrow and Friday night, I used to do week after week OP, now I celebrate 2 days, hmmmmm!
Light mocha Frap (tall size) today. I'm on deadline!!!! Worth the 3 points.

Non-deadline days, I don't order anything.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #199  

3 points isn't sooooo bad right? I did really well food wise yesterday, got a lean beef salad sandwich on granary without dressing/spread, and then picked up a bottle of juice advertising itself as high in vitamins, because I was feeling rough and full of cold and thought it might help. I drank it, it tasted pretty good, not sweet at all. Then, I looked at the label properly, 26% of your GDA of sugar, I couldn't believe it!!!!! Back to water for me then!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #200  

Quote:
Originally Posted by takingcontrol View Post
3 points isn't sooooo bad right? I did really well food wise yesterday, got a lean beef salad sandwich on granary without dressing/spread, and then picked up a bottle of juice advertising itself as high in vitamins, because I was feeling rough and full of cold and thought it might help. I drank it, it tasted pretty good, not sweet at all. Then, I looked at the label properly, 26% of your GDA of sugar, I couldn't believe it!!!!! Back to water for me then!
And this is why I only drink orange juice when I have a cold, LOL.

I'm more worried about the caffeine/sugar combo ... I swear that I'm about 10 seconds away from turning cartwheels all down the counter.

DH is going to have to NOT buy Morningstar Farms Chik'n Nuggets any more ... I cannot resist them. I can deal with the pretzels, the graham crackers, the peanut butter, the Swiss cheese ... but those things are addictive!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #201  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

i'm back from the conference and the bathroom scales say i've put on 1.5lb for the pleasure.

I had one night off, and had 4 glasses of wine and a restaurant meal but the rest of the time i was pretty disciplined, no other alcohol, small portions, controlled what i could. So i'm a bit miffed that the scales were up so much this morning.

I enjoyed my splurge at the time, but didn't enjoy feeling full, and at the same time wanting to eat more afterwards.

It's always a battle to remind myself that i actually feel better if i eat well, so why is eating badly a supposed reward then??

Great work to ALL those who lost any weight last week. Some big losses at the top of the table!!!

Good to have you back TakingControl, and thanks for the updates.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #202  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Jo!!! Way to go!!

I LOVE MOrningstar chik patties/nuggets..haven't had them in awhile tho.

So I just got home rom the gym a bit ago. My friend turned me on to this trainer that has a free challenge going on (a Biggest Loser challenge) for 6 wks I think. I'm stoked! It's basically personal training with small groups - we have to do it 3 nonconsecutive days a week. I'm kinda worried about getting all 3 in (nonconsecutive is what is going to kill me with school) but I'm going to try my best!!

I worked out with the trainer today and he kicked our butts!! I'm afraid I"m going to be stupid sore tomorrow!! It was a circuit of all kinds of stuff and wow... I haven't shaken like that in awhile!!

HOpe all are well!!
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:03 AM   #203  

Good morning Chicks!

The joys of being back in school and using this forum, I don't have to feel too guilty about procrastinating on here, I mean this is for the good of my health right?!

Shanhat I'm back on only drinking water/black coffee/green tea, and making myself get my vitamins in through salad/veggies/fruit. Although, I do really struggle with fruit, I wish I liked it, but I just don't!

Ange Good to have you back! Maybe those 1.5lbs will magically disappear, our bodies are funny things! When I stood on the scale as soon as I got back off holiday they read 14'10, then on Sunday weigh in (three days later) 14'4 first thing in the morning, last night, 14'5 and this morning 14'0.5, so that's a 9.5lb loss in 6 days, which just hasn't happened, but the scales say it has, so weird!

SLimmer Down Awesome news about the challenge, it sounds like an amazing motivator, I hope you find the time to fit it in, that you do superbly and that you don't hurt too much today, although a little hurt is always nice after a hardcore workout!

Have a great day everyone! Remember next weeks weigh in is two-fold, there will be the usual weekly rankings, but I'll also do a weight lost so far ranking.

So, if you're reading this but haven't joined in for a few weeks, now is a perfect time to jump right back in!

From next week I'll try to get back on with the mini challenges too. If anyone has any ideas for food/exercise/lifestyle or anything! mini challenges, pls PM me, and I'll keep them altogether and use a couple a week to help keep us all on track!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #204  

Wow, thanks everyone! When I joined this challenge, I wasn't sure I would even be able to lose any weight because I had been stuck so long. I am so thankful to be away from 185 and to be at the top, well I never would have dreamed it. I will enjoy, may never happen again
This week may see me tumbling all the way to the bottom of the list though, I am reading up a pound right now thanks to PMS and I am not sure it is going to get any better by the weekend. I just hope to maybe break even and maintain from last week. Oh well, can't control the scale, all I can do is control what is going in my mouth and the energy I am putting out.
Hope everyone has a great week!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #205  

Speaking of fruit, something I learned from my WW leader that has made a huge difference to me ...

... When I started, I sort of equated 1 piece of fruit with 1 serving. But no. The average banana has 2 servings, the average apple, 2 or 3.

I brushed it off for 10 lbs, but then when I started to slow down in the loss column, I reconsidered.

So if I can't measure it into my measuring cups, it now counts as two servings.

I am super worried about my WI this week, since I've truly been unable to choose my lifestyle for the last two weeks. But I've done my best within my limited control.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #206  
learning maintenance

car's being serviced today so i'm sat waiting for the courtesy bus to take me to the office. The important thing about today is that i'm wearing a business dress that i've avoided for the last 6 months as being too small to wear!!!

So despite my whinging about gaining 1.5lb this week, my body dimensions seem to be going in the right direction. Even my husband was remarking on me looking slim this morning! Hurray!!!

Still not very confident of managing to pull off a weight loss for the week though. We'll see.....!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #207  

Well, it wasn't as bad as I though. Up 0.2 despite having no control over my choices for 6 straight days, which means I minimized the damage. But I'm going to have to work like heck this week -- I am sooooooo close to 169. I want it so bad.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #208  
learning maintenance

it's october!

not long til christmas!(?)

This is going to be a difficult month for me to stay On Plan. This weekend is a long weekend, all next week i'm visiting customers and having meetings on the other side of the country. When i get back next friday a friend is coming to stay with us for the weekend (= eating and drinking). The week after that i'm off to New Zealand to go to the World Cup (Rugby) for 4 days as corporate guest (= full on eating and drinking and wine tours etc). As soon as i get back from that i'm running a chemical trial at a mine site in the middle of the country and will be away from home (in hotel) for another 10 days. So it's not looking good from the eating options viewpoint.

I've decided to limit myself to 6 alcoholic drinks between yesterday and the end of next weekend. Normally if i wasn't watching my calories i'd probably drink on all of those days due to weekends/week away with Sales guys/another weekend with visitors, but i can't let that happen because i'll just gain weight back if i do.

So i have a plan up front and now all i need to do is stick to it......
Old 10-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #209  

Hi All,

If you haven't already, PLEASE WEIGH IN! As Ange says, October is here, it's time to really get this challenge going now! Well, for me at least, a lot of you have done amazing things already.... I'm just glad to have September and holidays out of the way so I can finally focus on good food and exercise choices and get back on track and start making headway towards the Christmas goal! I've gone far to far in the wrong direction since the start of the challenge, but I'm glad I've documented it and made myself accountable for my weight gain, rather than pretending it isn't happening like I would have done in the past!

Finally this week I've recorded a loss, WHOOP! 1.5lb down, even though I went out for dinner twice, had a big meal last night and drunk far too much wine. This week I'm being super strict and looking forward to seeing the results (I hope!) I also need to add exercise back into my life, and hopefully I'll get back down to my start weight and beyond nice and quickly!

Talking about exercise, anyone with any exercise mini challenge ideas, or any other mini challenges, please PM me and I'll put some challenges out there again tomorrow for the week and every Monday here on in!

I'm going to try and keep things much more structured on here, mini challenges out every Monday morning UK time, which will signify the start of a new week, and then results for the previous week published every Tuesday morning UK time.

Jomatho COngrats again! So good to finally break a barrier, and never say never about being on top again, with your great mindset you just never know! I hope that you manage to breakeven or better this week!

Shanhat Glad you did better than you hoped this week. GOOD LUCK for reaching your mini goal, I really hope this is your week! It always seems that little bit easier to stay focussed when you've got a tangible goal almost within reach!

Ange82much Christmas is certainly on it's way. October has certainly given me a massive kick up the backside with it's arrival. I think I'm the only one here who's consistently put weight on from week to week thus far, from now on I'm joining the rest of u in losing! I'm sure your October can't be as disastrous as my September, at least I hope not! I think laying down the ground rules will really help you to stay as close to on track as the situation allows.

Enjoy the RWC final, sounds awesome!

Here's to a great week next week everyone!

If you haven't weighed in yet, there's still plenty of time!

Even if you've not done it for ages, please get back involved!

If you're reading this but not yet involved, please say hello, it's a great time to join in!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone and have a great week

xxx
Old 10-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #210  

GGRRRRRR I am up 1.8 lbs... I haven't been eating well this last 2 weeks but right now it's TTOM so I hope that it's lots of water weight

I need to get back on the plan.... I am going on vacation in a month and I want to feel good in a swimming suit!!!
I hope you all have a great Sunday!!!!
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote