Old 08-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quick question (sorry if this has already been asked)- for the weigh-in thread, after week 1- are we doing percent lost (total), or just percent lost that week? And if it's just for the week, are we doing percent of the start weight lost, or percent of last week's weigh-in? Thanks!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Just weighed in, and even thought I expected it, I wasn't happy with the results. I'm up 2.8lbs for this week. I better see a big drop next week!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #48  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking

I think it is for each week and not overall, but tell me if i'm wrong TakingControl!

Monte - no worries, you knew that was going to happen so no shock there right? You are ROCKING OUT the working out! That is amazing! I'm inspired!

Well we made it through the hurricane fine, and even kept power (many people I know, including my nearby family lost power)! So grateful! Not gonna lie, I indulged a bit too much in good beer.. a friend had evacuated and stayed with me so that makes it more difficult. But I tried to watch what I was eating and somehow ended up losing 4.5 lbs! So happy! I think the couple workouts I did this week helped, considering I hadn't worked out in forever.

I go back to the personal trainer tomorrow for measurements and whatnot and will be calorie counting starting today to make myself more accountable. Hopefully I have another good week!

Congrats to those that have lost, and no worries to those who haven't! We have a long way to go!!

Oh as for the challenges, I bought a "California avacado" and made a pico de gallo with guacamole (I didn't have enough avacado for it to be considered a true guacamole) and it was pretty good! I think I like Haas avacados better though... I need to do my jumping jacks (or think of something) by tomorrow and I'll post my #s for that.

Hope everyone's having a fantastic weeekend!!
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #49  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Yeah let's do it for every week, and have weekly results, but I'll keep a tally of how we're doing as a whole too.

I will do the first weeks results table in about 17 hours (12 noon Monday UK time) so please have your weigh ins in by then!

Would people like a new chat each week, or to keep going on one chat thread?

Has anyone got anything they'd like to do as next weeks challenges?

I go on holiday on Tuesday morning until Tuesday 6th. So if everyone is weighed in by the time I'm home, I'll collate the figures a little late.

I'm so tired (hungover) today, after a really rubbish week diet and lifestyle wise, I just have to make sure I come back from holiday in a better place and ready to do this!

xxx
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #50  

Slimmer down under, well done on your AMAZING loss xxx
Old 08-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #51  

Congrats to those peeps with losses, especially those 4-5lbs ones. You are amazing! To those who held steady or had a bit of an upswing...hang in there! If you stick to your plan it WILL come off!!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 331/309/150

Height: 5'5

Congrats to everyone on their losses! After weighing in midweek and being annoyed cuz I hadn't lost anything I weighed in on Friday and was down 3 lbs so I was happy with that. I think I am going to lower my calories and see what I can do this week.
2CuteToBeFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #53  

Just worked on YogaX. I wish I could say finished, but I didn't even come close. I made it through the first 30 minutes, taking a short 1-2 minutes break every 10 minutes. I am extremely inflexible, so it was a real struggle, and my back is hurting a bit now. And I really want to do the workout with good form, so I am pretty content with 30 minutes. I'll just have to work to get in a few more minutes each time I run the workout.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #54  
1 lb at a time!

That's the spirit Monte!! 30 mins is great! We've been working around the house, getting back to normal, cleaning and whatnot all day.. so I didn't technically work out today but I was very productive and not vegging out for sure.

Nice job 2Cute!!

TakingControl.. so I have an idea for a challenge... this may be easy for some and not for others.. and may not work for everyone's diet, but I was thinking I need to get more fruit in there.. so my goal is to make sure I eat a serving of fruit every day this week. (If you normally have a pc of fruit everyday, then maybe make it 2 pcs?)... I dunno, what do you guys think??
Old 08-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #55  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Grats to everyone who lost this week! I'm another one who hasn't; got some PMS going and am up 4 lbs but I'm ready for a good week and a good loss next week
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #56  

This doesn't have anything to do directly with this challenge, but it does have an effect on my spirit...my car was broken into last night. Fortunately they didn't break any windows, but they stole some stuff. Not the happiest thing to wake up to on Monday morning. I really wanted to crawl back in bed a hide for the rest of the day, but this is our really busy week at work, and I just don't have the time to take off. It is going to be really hard to motivate myself to workout today, but I'll do my best.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #57  
1 lb at a time!

Ohhh noooo Monte! That sucks! People are awful.. and it' sjust a crummy feeling when someone invades your privacy like that - it's as if you feel violated. I'm so sorry! I guess you should turn it into energy to work out - to blow of steam and imagine you're stomping on their face!

Shea - good luck on a good week! It may be a mega good week for ya - flushin all that water weight/bloating away.. at least that's how it goes for me.

So i'm going to meet with the trainer again today and we'll do measurements, which should be thoroughly depressing... but I have to make sure I go in there in the mindset that I'm there to better myself and not get too down about it.

Hope you gals have a great day!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #58  

The Results are in........................!

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEIGHT LOSS OF THE WEEK........

AMBERKKSKI!!!!!

RANK USERNAME % loss
1 Amberkkski -2.53
2 kelly315 -2.1
3 Lop92 -1.6
4 GettinFit -1.54
5 slimmer_down_under -1.5
5 toodles11 -1.5
7 Jackiehollow -0.95
8 omgzitsmiranda -0.91
8 2cutetobefat -0.91
10 Zogo -0.89
11 mommy1028 -0.77
12 Lisa4621 -0.61
13 littlebluecat -0.59
14 keeperofthehome4 0
14 shakaboo 0
16 shanhat82 0.2
17 taking control 0.52
18 Nixe007 0.66
19 MonteCristo 1.3
20 Shea5 1.5

Well done to everyone who took part! And sorry about my rubbish presentation, I'll work on it for next week!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #59  

Week Two Starts Here!!!

OK so, here is week two

I go on vacation in a couple of hours, and get back next Tuesday, so, I won't be around to chat and will be a day late on the results for next week.

I also don't have time to look back at how everyone did on the individual challenges, but I'll get into that once I'm back from holiday!

Week Two Challenges

1) FRUIT CHALLENGE (thanks slimmer down under!) If you don't normally, you have to eat a piece of fruit everyday and tell us about it. If you normally eat lots of fruit, please post your ideas here for those of us that aren't so used to eating it, and again, try to either eat more or differently than you would normally.

2) EXERCISE CHALLENGE to get more of an idea where we all are with exercise, and maybe to see if we can find virtual exercise buddies and better support each other, the challenge is to post here what exercise you do each day/week. If you would like to make a pledge to yourself on here at the start of the week to achieve something, and tell us when you do it, that's great!

3) TURN OFF THE TV CHALLENGE if you're like me and seem to always have the TV whenever you're in the house and near one, I challenge you to turn it off. I don't mean to miss your favourite show, but don't keep it on for the sake of it. It's up to you how long each day you want to pledge to keep it off, and if you want to pledge to do something specific in the time you're not watching. But, again, whatever you decide, please post and tell us so we get ideas and can support each other!

Good luck everyone, I look forward to returning to some great weight losses!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 331/309/150

Height: 5'5

Congrats AMBERKKSKI! That's awesome!

@ Monte, I am sorry that happened. Happened to me a few weeks ago. I know it is such an awful feeling.

I am going to try the fruit challenge this week! Definitely not a big fruit eater. I am also doing my own personal challenge of not eating anything out Mon-Fri..
Hope everyone has a great week!
2CuteToBeFat is offline   Reply With Quote