Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #136  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ksquared - Way to go being down so much already this week! And, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to refer to you as K2 because a) it's easier, and b) I read a LOT of mountaineering books (the association to the mountain is a positive one).

Thank you cheshire and Sarge! I went to the gym tonight and did pretty much a full workout. I did my regular circuit through the weight machines, balance exercises, and then finished off with 35 minutes of walking on the treadmill. Yay!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #137  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Sarge - Sorry if this post makes your eyes bleed.

My whole world just turned upside down. I ended my 7 year relationship with my fiance after finding out he was seeing someone else. I am so afraid of turning to food out of depression. I have been doing sooooo good with my weight loss and I don't want to eat myself back to where I was and be even more depressed. I guess I just need a little extra motivation right now.

Sorry if it was too touchy feely.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

Kitty: I am so sorry to hear about your relationship. That is absolutely horrid. Think of all the progress you have made, you don't want to lose that all. Depressed feelings and stressed are expected, but you got to not resort to food. Easier said than done right? Hang in there. My thoughts go out to you.

Jeanetty: That challenge is a beast. I am working extra long tomorrow, so hoping to get my C25k workout in. If no time tomorrow, maybe i will do it a little late.

Just checking in before bed. Havent slept well, so hoping to get some good shut eye. My eating wasnt the greatest today, still under calorie wise, but not the best decisions, needing to kick it in gear tomorrow before my early weigh in on Friday since I will be going home to good ol wisconsin this weekend.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:14 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

KittyKat- I am so sorry to hear that. It must be so tough. Just tell yourself over and over again that food won't make you feel better (will probably actually make you feel worse) and won't fix your problems. I feel like we have be programmed to think ice cream is the fix to break ups but its not.
Use exercise as a release, talk with a friend or family anything that will actually help you feel better.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #140  

Height: 5' 8"

KK - exercise is the best way to work through stress.

Chickadee - Glad you are cleared!!! You must be feeling great!

K^2 - Booooyah! Way to work that scale.

In the moring I am going to have to reconsider my cal limit of 1800 cals. It works out fine most days, but this is the 2nd Wed. in a row I have woken up just after midnight to eat a yogurt because I stopped eating Tues when I hit 1800 cals. I think with my long runs on the weekend, it is my bodies way of letting me know that it is going to require more until my mileage goes back down after the 1/2 marathon...or possibly after my 10 miler.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #141  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

Chickadee,

No problem.. K2 is how Ksquared came about. My First name starts with a K and my last name starts with a K (Thank Goodness my middle name does not include a K)

Just got done with a 25 minute treadmill work out. Which included 3 minutes of jogging. A new thing for me as it offered a challenge, but one I could handle. I can't wait till I can go 2-3 miles jogging so I can start jogging with a friend.

Tomorrow is an Ice delivery day which I love, it is a good work out! Then I can swing back into my TDS and treadmill. Phew, sounds like alot of work! Feelin good about it!

Thanks for the great encouragement.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:19 AM   #142  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Sarge - Thanks for remembering! Yeah, I was going to split up the remaining of my runs into 3 runs one after the other, but I'm not sure about it now. I was going to do 4 miles, then 3.5 miles then 3 miles today, Thursday and Friday then rest Saturday for the race Sunday. I got behind on my running so wanted to "catch up" as it were, but I'm a tad concerned that too much will damage something. I run outside on a trail route too, so I'm contemplating going to the gym and doing the mileage equivalent on the bike there so it's less impact but I'm still getting my workouts in.
What do you think?

KittyKat - I'm so sorry to hear that, but don't undo all your hard work because of him. Focus on yourself, your own happiness - food won't make you happy YOU can make you happy. I remember a thread somewhere that was about who you wanted to see you when you had lost all the weight, and someone said "The best revenge is to look healthy and happy." So use your emotions now and channel them into your weight loss and moving forward in life, because right now you can either fail and gain the weight back or you can focus and lose even more weight and be a happier person. Again, I'm sorry you're going through this, but I'm a firm believer of everything happens for a reason even if you don't see it now.

Jeanetty - Awesome workout you posted! Might have to try that. Though I'm not sure about the body ball, I fail so hard at balancing on those I might actually break a bone!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #143  
Living the Life

Good Morning Healthy People of Sarge's Platoon

I did some stretching today. My poor legs needed it.
I have 5 miles to do today. I have to do them after work. Oy! The heat!

KitKat-I am sorry to hear you are going through a rough time. Take care of yourself and that means eating the right things. Use exercise as a stress outlet.

Okay team, we have a challenge to do and vegetables to eat. Go to it.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #144  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

OH BOY

IT'S HUMP DAY

AND WE WILL HUMP OUR
BUTT-ERS

Jeanettey: WOW, Me thinks MY BUTT-ER IS GOING TO HURT . . .

Cheshire: When you post early, all is right in my world Oh and thanks for the wolf whistle . . . LOLOL, Ummmmm took me a minute . . . (my brain was on SLOW . . . LOLOLOL) I imagine you're close to that too, I have narrow hips and NO BUTT-er to speak of . . . <sigh>

Riestrella: No advice from me on how much to run before . . . others may be able to help . . . GOOD LUCK SUNDAY!!

K2: WTG on the jogging . . . that's how it starts, just a few minutes at a time and soon it WILL BE MORE and already down 2 on the scale . . . (Can I borrow YOUR scale???)

envelope: Listen to your body, if you're hungry . . . EAT (healthy)

Chickadee: watch out, because she 's on the loose now . . . Smart to ease into it though

iamerican: Where in WI?? probably the east side . . . LOLOLOL

KittyKat: You will prevail and what better way to do that than show him what a beautiful woman you are; inside and out!!

Spanky: I LOVE THE 30 DAY SHRED. It's high intensity and you're in and out in just under 25 min . . . how can you go wrong

DZack: Sounds like you're having a GREAT time on vacation . . . watch out for those raccoons

Peanutt: You hanging in there???

Pokey: from Maintenance

SARGE: WATCH OUT FOR HARDCORECHICK . . . LOLOLOL

EVERYONE HAVE A HAPPY HUMP YOUR BUTT-ER DAY
Old 08-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #145  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Troops! Hump Day is here again and we have our mid-week mission from Jeanettey!

KittyK--No eye bleed here. Sarge earned his degree at the school of revenge with a minor in karma. Right here on 3FC when it was suggested I leave another thread for being "overly aggressive" I assumed a "I'll show you attitude" started this thread and melted butt-er like crazy. Also, your situation is exactly what happened to my 24 year old son...a week after the split he started a diet/exercise program. In 6 months he dropped 80 pounds and is enjoying meeting lots of new girls and wondering why he tied himself down to one person so early in his life. As JoyfulV would say, it's "su*ckage" right now, but it'll get better...trust us old-timers!

Riestrella -- Don't run all that extra mileage this week, your legs will feel like concrete at the starting line. The most I would do is the 4 miler today if the race is Saturday or tomorrow is the race is Sunday then just a mile or two with the day before the race OFF/rest day. If this your first race just run for the enjoyment and satisfaction of completing it...the novelty and crowds are gonna get you through it with no problems!

K2 - Each time I read about your ice delivery days I think of the Rocky movies and Drago-style workouts. Have fun!

IAmerica - If you're going to good old Wisconsin maybe you can say hi to MadamGooey!

Chesh -- Poster Wars continues...

Troops....DISMISSED!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Morning Platoon,

Chesh and Sarge -- LOVING the poster wars. I'm giving Sarge the win for today, as I am not a statue and I laughed and knew I had to "Do It."

Chickadee -- I am so glad you got the doctor's clearance and are back to feeling better. You seem like way too caring and thoughtful of a person to not have some things start going your way.

KittyKat -- I am so sorry. It is better you found out and ended it now, rather than after you were married, though. Sounds to me like time to ask Pokey about some kickboxing classes and channel some anger and aggression into intense workout. Hang in there, though, and know that we're all thinking good thoughts for you.

MadamB -- I am thinking of signing up for "the Tough Mudder" in February. It's 11 miles in the mud, through electiric wires, over fire and through ice water. You (and Iianae) inspired me, though, and I think if I put my mind to it, I can be ready!

Hope everyone has a splendid day; I'm off to the gym!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #147  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@KittyKat - I am so sorry to hear. I agree that workout might be the best idea to get over the anger/pain. How about boxing or some Martial Arts??

I have a hard time not to whine right now. I am gaining weight after the stall on Sunday. I am pretty sure it is from a huge increase in workouts but it sure puts a big damper on my mood. And then last night I was running only 25 min. and my right ankle starts hurting. So I gave up since I am too worried I overdo it and have to take a break now.
I also am hungrier than usual which probably is from the increased workouts but I am not sure how much more I can eat. I am on an old WW system and don't know how to increase the points. I have 22 points per day but am over by 2-3 points each day now. So about 10-12%ish? How long does the body retain more water because of the workout? I am really confused right now. I read so many different things about it that I kind of lose track. I am tempted to scale back the workouts but I am so proud that I finally bumped them up and enjoy them. What a mess!

Now I feel like a total loser and not in a good way! I probably just need a swift kick in the butt from Sarge and everybody else.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #148  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

JOSEY . . . as YOUR AVATAR SAYS:

SUCK IT UP BUTT-ER CUP!!!

OK, there is a kickbutt for your arse . . . Your ankle is hurting then do some crunches, sit and do a boxing workout . . . If you're hungry then eat, just make it healthy, apple or banana with peanut butter, a salad with some chicken, pear, mango, veggies and hummus, whole grain toast and peanut butter (yea I like peanut butter) . . . just make it healthy and you'll be fine!!

As far as that scale, put it in the closet . . . SUCK DOWN THE H2O over the next few days. As far as the body/muscle holding water after extensive exercise: I think it depends on how much extra exercise and each individual . . . but just keep drinking water until you think you're a fish!!

Wish I could post a BIG KICK BUTT-ER pic, but I'm technically challenged so this is the best I can do:

JOSEY;

A FREE

KICK BUTT-ER

JUST FOR YOU!!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #149  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Here MadamB, just for you josey...

Old 08-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #150  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

OK, josey: are doing it!!!

Back to Jeanettey's BUTT-ER kicking A** workout . . . Oh my by Butt-er is going to be sore . . . THANKS JEANETTEY!!
Closed Thread