Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #76  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
@MyBody - Welcome! Be careful running in the wrong shoes...you can sustain some serious injuries that way.
hi and thanks! They're not the 'wrong' shoes they're just not the 'best' shoes. So I'm going to look into getting some better ones.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #77  
Reclaiming control!

ok so I decided not to wait until this evening b/c why put off doing later what I can do now? I just did the running at home (outside under the shade tree LOL) so that I wouldn't be running out in the hot sun.

In any event, I just finished W1D1, and I'm very proud that 'I've still got it' LOL.

Noticed that I need to do a bit more stretching especially with the arthritis in my knee.

I look forward to getting to know you all more.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #78  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey Chickies,
I managed to squeeze in W2D2 on Thursday, but between that and the personal trainer on Wednesday, I am wiped. Today is running around with my friends and tomorrow I am back to the gym to finish up week2.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #79  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

So much going on here all the time! Welcome to the new, glad to hear from the old!

I think W2 is just going to have to wait until Monday Evening... I'll start it over then. All kinda of weird things keep popping up here where I'm house sitting that I keep putting it off. Excuses? Sure, probably. But I like running around my home neighboorhood, which I'm more familiar with... It's also much flatter than the neighboorhood I'm in right now for house sitting. Lots of hills... And I'm just not okay with that! Running is hard enough as it is.

As for my personal reason for doing C25K... I really just wanted the challenge of it. I've never ever been good at running. It was always my most dreaded thing in PE classes and the like... So I wanted to improve myself in that area. Now I have a goal of running a 5K in September, and I even have my mom planning to train for it too when she gets back from the trip she's on. Should be interesting!
Old 06-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #80  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Jules...hugs to you for your loss

Rochester, hope you're getting your rest in!

My personal reason for C25K...I am running a 10k on july 4. I have been "training" since late March but not in a structured way. I think the structure will help me when I run the race...help me control my breathing and stuff. I did Wk 4 day 2 again today. I felt a little better than I did on Thursday. I also did an extra "circuit" (run/walk). Tomorrow I'm going to run/walk for 60+ minutes...I will do that once every weekend until the race.

I also found out what bad/old shoes do to your feet on Thursday. I have a pair of old New Balance that I use all the time for my general workouts (they look like they are still in "good" condition). I ran in them Thursday...my feet were screaming after I got done!

Next weekend I am going to a running store and getting a pair of shoes as my "treat" for running the race.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 06-12-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #81  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 238/132/130

Height: 5'5"

Finished up week 1 today!! Gonna begin Week 2 on Monday.

Personally, I do C25K because I have never been a runner. I was always self conscious. I always hated how I was usually last, second last, or third last to come back from run days in school. It's always something I've wanted to do and I figured now's the time!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:00 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 210/198/155

Height: 5'6''

Hi all! I'm starting W2D1 tomorrow morning. I had some success with this program last year, but didn't keep up with my training. I've signed up for a 5k in mid-August, so I hope that will be enough motivation for me!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #83  
Reclaiming control!

Completed W1D2 today.

The reason I want to do C25K is because running is a great and inexpensive way to get healthy, build up my strength and endurance, lose weight, release stress and create definition in my body.

Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 06-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #84  
ugggg.....

I am doing W1D3 after the grandson leaves and the heat of the day passes...thank goodness for wooded trails...I already got a walking workout today...my car battery just died...no warning no nothing...we got a jump thought it would be good enough to get home but no...we had to walk about a mile to get a new one with me carrying my almost 40 pound grandson in the heat of the day..hubby had to carry a 60 lb battery back...I hear now promise if I see anyone walking carrying a battery I will stop and give them a ride....
Old 06-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/164

Height: 5'8"

Well I did W1D3 on sat!! I run on my treadmill and my daughter accidently let the dogs out and they ran away!! SO I had to stop in the middle and on foot started chasing them! I was so excited because we have woods next to our house and it is a very large steep hill! I RAN up it and kept on running until I caught them. I used to have trouble and get out of breathe just walking up the hill...Then returned home and finished on the treadmill!!

@jules1216- I am so sorry about the loss of your mother . I to know the grief of loss. The loss of my son triggered my weight gain. Be proud that you are taking action for you and your health.

@grneyedmustang- Have you run in a marathon before or is the 10K your first?

@ ninepaw- I'm hoping to be ready to run in Sept also. I live in NY and they have a race that follows the foot steps of a fallen fire fighter that lost his life on 9/11 after running to the world trade center.

Ok so tomorrow W2D1!! I'll let ya know how I do!!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #86  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

I think I need to get a dog. It seems to make C25K so much more interesting.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 235/212/180

Height: 5'2

Count me in! I'm starting Tuesday! I asked my friend and the two of us are going to get our butts going!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #88  
The Last 10lbs!

Hi guys, I just wanted to say that you're all doing great sticking to the program. My boyfriend likes to run but I don't like running outside because I don't like people watching me as I flap around with no coordination... anyway, I think doing the C25k program might be a really good idea so that we can run together over the summer!

Has anyone found any podcasts with Top 40 music? Like Justin Timberlake's 'Carry Out' for example? It's on my weight lifting playlist at the moment and I like the beat of it though it may not be the best for running. Has anyone tried making their own podcast with their favourite music? I might consider doing this because I think it'd be great to choose my own tracks!

TOM is visiting now and I just can't motivate myself to do sweaty exercise when it's here so I will try to start C25k next week!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 195/168/130

Height: 5'5"

So.. I haven't done any exercise at all this past week. Gained back my 2 lbs that I lost. I just can't seem to get motivated enough to get off my lazy butt. I will start again this week. Week 4.. here we go!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #90  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Glad to see everyone is running, I didn't run Friday because I had planned to take that day off after over doing it. Sat & Sun I didn't run because Sat. it was 100 degrees & Sun. was 101 degrees with high humidity, hoping they are right about the rains today & I will go for a long run in the rain this evening. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Dee
Closed Thread