Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #136  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Completed W2D1. I was slow.... but I ran all 6 intervals, I DID have to add 2 (1) minute recovery walks in between the 4th and 5th intervals. It felt like I was going to DIE from the heat (86 at 545am) but I continued on.

Plan to cross train tomorrow and do week two again on Wednesday.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #137  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I did not run at all the last few days. I'm kind of sad about some stuff going on in RL, but I intend on running today because I'm hoping it will help my mood a bit.

Question - is anyone else noticing that running is ruining their toes? I have had two blood blisters on my second toe since I started training.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #138  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
I did not run at all the last few days. I'm kind of sad about some stuff going on in RL, but I intend on running today because I'm hoping it will help my mood a bit.

Question - is anyone else noticing that running is ruining their toes? I have had two blood blisters on my second toe since I started training.
Are you running in cotton socks? That will do it. I get special running socks, love the bamboo ones, there is another kind too that I like & they specifically say Drymax. Also the socks that I use are not sized like the normal size range. Say normal socks will fit from like a size 7 to a size 11 I think. The running socks I buy are sized for size 7 to 8 size 9 to 10 size 11 to 12 etc. so they fit more snugly & protect your feet, keep them drier and much heathier when running especially in high heat or humidity.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #139  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hello all! Glad to see we're all still up and running!

I've come to th conclusion that I'm probably going to jump to W3D1 this evening. I've done 3 days of the W2 training altogether, and even though the first and second times were about a week apart, I still think that I'll be able to make it work. I'm jumping like this because I'm trying to make myself a set schedule as far as exercise goes - Yoga M-Th, C25K MWF, Gym TThSat. Nothing on Sundays - Gotta have some time to relax, right?? I may even cut down the Saturday gym time if I find it to be a bit much. I just wanted to get more going, because I just don't feel like I'm doing that much right now and that sort of bothers me. Working out nearly every day seems like a lot to me, but when I think about it the worst part is Yoga, since it's two hours... And it's not something I find particularly intense! Since the C25K workouts are only 30 minutes, and I spend an hour and a half MAX at the gym at a time, I think it's a reasonable thing to at least try to manage.

I'll definitely let you guys know how my jump to W3 goes this evening! 3 minute runs.... Eeeek!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #140  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Just got back from running W3D1 and

OH MY GOD VICTORY WAS MINE.

Sorry for the shouting, I know we tend to frown on that, but AAAAH!!!! It was a really great and really crazy half hour, to say the least. I was actually really surprised and happy with myself, because of how I did on the first running interval... For those who haven't looked ahead, W3 entails the usual 5 minute warmup/cooldow, and two repetitions of: 90 sec. jogging, 90 sec. walking, 3 minutes jogging, 3 minutes walking. When I did that first 90 second jog, I was astounded at how easy it was! At the moment when it was done and I hadn't even been expecting it, I knew that I was right in my decision to move on to this week. The first 3 minute jog was tough, but I made it through without *too* much issue. The 2nd 90 second jog was also more or less easy.... And then the second three minute jog came up. I pretty much felt like dying through most of it, I'm not gonna lie to you guys. I kept looking down and only 5-10 seconds had gone by and I came SO rediculously close to giving up, but I did it!!! I had to keep telling myself, "It's not that bad, 90 seconds is what you've been doing so you just have to get through this last one...... 40 seconds left, you can do it!!! Just think of how proud you'll be!!!" Stuff like that. And of course, I was so freaking right! As soon as the chime went off to switch to the last walking interval before the cooldown, I actually yelled "YES!!!' because I just felt so victorious! I didn't let this run beat me. I can really do this, I just have to push myself!!!

I'm sorry this is SO long, guys! I just wanted to share my experience with W3D1, because this is the first of the weeks to actually concern me a little prior to starting. I know some of you guys are supposed to be starting this one any day now! Let's get those stories up so I don't seem like such a freak!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #141  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Diana, I am right there with you girl, because guess who ran two 3-minute intervals this morning!

WOO FREAKIN' HOO BABY!

Well, ok, the second 3-minute interval I think a tortoise could have outpaced me, but I refused to stop "pretending" to run, so it counts.

And can I just confess that I cried afterwards? Very happy very overwhelmed tears. I can't believe I'm doing this. Three weeks ago I was exhausted doing the 5-minute warm-up walk. I C25K.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #142  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

WTG you two~~~
Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/164

Height: 5'8"

Way to go Diana and Rochester!!!!

I have been MIA for the last few days. I am on vacation this week, not going any place but enjoying a much needed break at home. I am still running after taking a few days off I jumped back into W2D2 on Sunday. Yesterday I decided to have a "free run". I wanted to see if I could push myself mentally past that 2 min run.. WOO HOO I DID.. I ran 1 mile straight. Walked 1/4 mile and ran another 1/2 mile then finished up walking!! I think I conquered something for myself that I needed to because my intervals end up getting weak and I have no more excuses because I can run 1 mile!!

Great job everyone!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #144  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

WOW! It's good that everyone is making progress. Way to go Diana, Rochester, and Sha!

I'm On A Boat, I do use cotton socks. Thanks for the advice! I will definitely invest in some new socks to see if that helps.

I did run yesterday, Wk 4 Day 3. It was a little rough but I made it through.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #145  
ugggg.....

wow--you two have just inspired me--I am doing two more days of w2 since my days are sun-Tues-thurs and I started on a Tuesday so I feel off...so I thought I would do tuesday and thursday as w2 instead of moving to w3...now I am not sure....I do feel pretty blah today so I will probably stick with my plan...
Old 06-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #146  

Still haven't gotten back into it. Does running after a 10 year old count?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #147  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachykeen62 View Post
Still haven't gotten back into it. Does running after a 10 year old count?
Only if a 44 years old grandma running after a 2 1/2 year old counts!!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 195/168/130

Height: 5'5"

well... i haven't been running in about 2 weeks... I can't seem to motivate myself to get off my butt lately! (and then I gained 5 lbs... because I can't stop shoveling food into my mouth)

HELP!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Is it too late for me to join? I did W1D1 today. Surprisingly, even though I did strength training right before C25K, I didn't find the program difficult. I made it through the whole thing with no problems!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #150  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink sparkle View Post
I did W1D1 today. I didn't find the program difficult. I made it through the whole thing with no problems!
You think this is easy? Ha, just wait! <evil cackle>

Welcome Sparkle and good luck!

Emus, first question: how's your food? I mean, what plan are you trying to follow? Why doesn't it work for you? Do you feel deprived, frustrated, confused, overwhelmed? What could you try instead? If your diet isn't working, change it! It's supposed to be a lifestyle change towards healthiness, not misery and deprivation!

Second question, what's your exercise program and routine? Why did you choose it? Do you enjoy it and look forward to it? Is it challenging enough without being impossibly painful? If your exercise isn't working, change it!

Third, what's your motivation? Why do you want to diet and exercise? Is your motivation strong enough to pull you away from the fridge or off the couch? If it's not, what can you change?

Hey all you runners, good job and good luck!

I'm sorta kinna thinking about doing a 5K on July 17. The town where I live has a 5K/10K in connection with the annual cheese festival. (Yes, we celebrate cheese. For reals. ) It's a really low key event, and they even a category specifically for fat people. If you're the fastest fat person, you win a trophy and the title Big Cheese.

I'm already doing 1.5 to 2 miles, so I'm thinking if I just do the C25K plan for W2 or maybe W3 and go through the intervals twice, I'd make the distance, and have a not too terrible time. I think it's doable.

But, honestly, I'm embarrassed to do it. I live in a really small town and I have a job where I interact with about 99% of the population. I'm having these horrible thoughts that I'm going to make a fool of myself and have to deal with it every day for years and years. I do NOT want to have the reputation as that fat chick who attempted to run a 5K but...dropped out halfway through/passed out and slashed her face on a rock/had a heart attack and had to be taken away by ambulance. (Omg, my brain is so messed up. )

What do you guys think? Can I do it? Should I do it?

Last edited by Rochester; 06-23-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Closed Thread