Old 03-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

STEP ONE --> I want everyone to remember WHY they are doing this. How do you expect to feel/look/act when you reach your goal. What are some things you will do?

I am doing this because of all the health problems that run in my family. I am really afraid of dieing young over something that is preventable. I worry that I won't get to see my little girl grow up...get married...have kids...and live life.

I am really tired of looking so unappealing....so fat. I'm tired of my feet hurting if I have to stand for more than an hour or so. I'm tired of not being able to wear cute clothes and feel confident in public. So, that is why I'm doing this.

When I get to goal....I want to be able to play with my daughter and not feel too tired. I want my husband to look at me and think he is lucky to be married to someone like me. I want to feel like my husband can't keep his hands off me. I want to be able to go shopping and buy all kinds of cute clothes and shoes and not think of how fat I look in them. I want people to look at me and see me....not a fat person!

STEP TWO --> What is your plan for reaching your goal? What things normally throw you off track....and for each of those things list at least 2 ways you can beat it to stay on track.

My goal is to be at 165 by January 1st. It is a goal of 10 pounds a month which I feel like is realistic. I feel like with this goal I can start out gradually and work my way up to higher intensity things. I will achieve this goal by eating 1500 calories per day and working out 3 times a week for 30 minutes. I will adjust my plan as needed because as you lose weight your body burns fewer calories. I will adjust this at first by increasing my exercise minutes/days/intensity. I will then later adjust calories when need be.

The things that normally throw me off track:

Holidays/birthdays/social gatherings: To beat this I can workout more before or after the event to burn off the extra calories that I ate. I can also beat this by suggeting/bringing healthy foods to the event or being more aware of the things I order on the menu.

Eating out: To beat this I can have meals at home that are quick and easy to prepare, I can cook meals ahead of time or reheat leftovers for quick and easy meals, and I can make a list of a few restaurants and choices of foods to eat at those restaurants. I can keep this list in my wallet that way when we eat there...I have my own personal menu and I don't have to look at the restaurants menu and get hungry and order something that will sabatoge my plans.

Constantly obsessing about weight loss to the point where I just give up: I just have to start having faith in the plan that I set forth. Then I just have to follow it. If I don't lose what I thought I would I have to realise that any loss is a victory....every pound lost is a step in the right direction. If I don't lose what I wanted to lose, I can up my exercise the next month....or make sure I'm not cheating on my calories..I can make sure I'm not eating too much sodium or that I'm drinking enough water.

So that is my answers to the mini challenge...can't wait to see everyone elses.

McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #122  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

STEP ONE --> I want everyone to remember WHY they are doing this. How do you expect to feel/look/act when you reach your goal. What are some things you will do?

STEP TWO --> What is your plan for reaching your goal? What things normally throw you off track....and for each of those things list at least 2 ways you can beat it to stay on track.

Step 1: I'm doing this to avoid the major health problems my Mom is currently undergoing: diabetes, joint/back problems, etc. I'm also doing this to feel confident and beautiful. I'm doing it so that in a couple years I can have the healthiest pregnancy possible.--I've been thinking about this a lot. There are lots of things I do out of caution: I don't smoke because I don't want to chance lung cancer, I always wear a seatbelt, I build savings for emergencies. None of those things are especially fun, but I do them because I'm an adult. I'm wondering if somehow I just let my inner child win on this, and why? I know that there are some very serious consequences if I don't get myself under control, I see my mom dealing with them daily.

Step 2: My plan has always been counting calories and exercise. Stress throws me off track (as I've been for the past year, I binge eat and skip exercise.) I'm working currently and evaluating my plan. I am going to try south beach along with calorie counting, to really make my calories count by switching to better foods and hopefully stop the cravings for carbs. I binge on things like mac and cheese and icecream, so hopefully this will make a dent. And if it doesn't, hey no harm no foul. I'm also spending more "me" time, so rather than buying things that I might binge on at the grocery store I buy lotions, makeup, etc. for my treat (not a candy bar). Because hey- if I don't buy it, then there's nothing to binge on.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 03-08-2010 at 12:19 PM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #123  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Whew ladies! That just took me forever to read through all the posts that are there since the last time I posted. I've been away for a little while, we've had guests in town and I had a CRAZY weekend. Ate out almost every meal, and I'll be the first to admit that I made some really BAD food decisions!

The good though: my husband surprised me with an eliptical machine! I couldn't believe it, and now realize that I have absolutely NO excuse not to work out. It is good and scary! I've always relied on my excuses to justify not doing something...

I'm back on the wagon today. I've been OP and happy to get back to it. I found out we're going to the beach in May, so I have a ways to go to get ready, but I know that I can be partially there if I work really hard! All the posts are keeping me motivated!

I will answer the questions later this evening. They require some thinking and I'm going to work on it. I think this challenge is awesome. I find myself having to renew a lot more than I want! Boo! I think I'm going to write my answers down and read them every day and that will help me stay on track. We don't have anything happening for a while, so that always helps me too!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #124  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

I am doing this for my health. I have multiple sclerosis which I can't control. But I can control my eating and weight to prevent heart disease, avoid diabetes, lower blood pressure, etc. I have been diagnosed with diabetes so I need to lose weight to reverse it.

Right now, I am eating on the Plate method which means more veges and fruit.
One thing that always throws me if change in routine. I will need to watch for these changes when I can and preplan.

JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #125  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default We interupt your regular thread with this special announcement.

I made my exercise goal for the challenge. A week early.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #126  

Weigh In day!!! Weigh In Day!!!

Today my weight is 221.5. Woot, on my way down! I'm only 1.5 lbs away from my mini goal weight, so if I stick to my plan this week, I should actually make it. (This could be the first challenge I've actually made in a while).

So, I'm now trying the South Beach Diet w/calorie counting, my main problem when dieting lately has been bingeing on carbs (mac and cheese, ice cream, granola bars, etc.) so if I try and break all the cravings for them then maybe this will get easier to loose even while all stressed out. Today is day 3, and truthfully most of the cravings are gone. I'm really suprised. I never would have thought that just not eating those things would make it easier to avoid wanting them, but it certainly has. It's also become a lot easier to keep my calories under my limit, only because I'm forced to eat more vegetables instead.

I give this two thumbs up!! Easy to follow (a little expensive, but as I get better at it, I think I'll find some less expensive basics to include).
Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #127  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I am down this week, but not as far down as I was on Monday. I have 4.6 pounds left to my mini goal and I doubt I will make it.

Still I have lost at least a pound every week of this challenge, so that can only be considered a good thing.
I am also way stronger than I have been in the past. I did push-ups with a friend last night. Sets of 15 or less and I was able to just do them. No huffing, minimal puffing, and I just did them. It was kinda cool.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #128  

knobody-way to go with the pushups! I'm a super wimp, I can do the knee versions, and some sort of mutation of a real pushup (with my butt in the air so that more weight is on my legs than arms), but I can only do about 2 real straight back pushups. It's a process.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #129  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well I'm at 215 this morning. otherwise again not too much different here.

Sprkle-- good loss.

knobody-- keep working on it you will get there before you know it.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #130  

Hello.... I was just curous if when this challenge ends on the 17th and you start your next challenge if anyone can join or if it is just the same group for the entire year. I did some of these challenges over a year ago and it really helped. I love a challenge and the all of the mini challenges too. Since I stopped I gained over 20 lbs back YIKES
Summer is coming quick and it is definitely time to get in shape!
tmil206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #131  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

good morning everyone I really have to work hard today since i took yesterday off from everything. We also have names narrowed down to 3 Victoria, Elizabeth or Lila with Robin being the middle name. Hope everyone has a good day.

tmil--you are welcome to join now if you want of you can wait til the next one starts.

Last edited by mrsaugie; 03-11-2010 at 07:50 AM.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmil206 View Post
Hello.... I was just curous if when this challenge ends on the 17th and you start your next challenge if anyone can join or if it is just the same group for the entire year. I did some of these challenges over a year ago and it really helped. I love a challenge and the all of the mini challenges too. Since I stopped I gained over 20 lbs back YIKES
Welcome tmil! Go ahead and start posting now. Next week, on the 17th we'll start a new goal/challenge from March 17th to somewhere around Easter and pick new mini goal weights then. Anyone can join at any time. If you see my ticker with the weigh ins for the challenge; this is the new way we are keeping track of our weights (so as not to burden anyone with keeping up with folks). Melissa (MckenziesMomma) posts several activity mini challenges each challenge that you can participate in (but you don't have to).

MrsAugie - The baby names are adorable!! I like them all. I'm a little jealous, I'd love to start trying to have a little one, but DH and I are in the middle of a big transition/move (he's already moved, I'm still here with the house and a job). Once we get settled in then it will be time. I'm trying to be patient, but its hard.

Mini update: The weight is still melting off with South Beach. I saw 220.5 today. I'm pretty excited to be honest. I've really not been very hungry. I had a headache Mon and Tues, but maybe that was the sugar withdrawl. I've not been trying to exercise much b/c I wanted to let my body get used to this way of eating, but I think now that I'm mostly through it I will try and add it back.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!

Last edited by sprklemajik; 03-11-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #133  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobhdy View Post
I made my exercise goal for the challenge. A week early.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Way to go, you did great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
Weigh In day!!! Weigh In Day!!!

Today my weight is 221.5. Woot, on my way down! I'm only 1.5 lbs away from my mini goal weight, so if I stick to my plan this week, I should actually make it. (This could be the first challenge I've actually made in a while).

So, I'm now trying the South Beach Diet w/calorie counting, my main problem when dieting lately has been bingeing on carbs (mac and cheese, ice cream, granola bars, etc.) so if I try and break all the cravings for them then maybe this will get easier to loose even while all stressed out. Today is day 3, and truthfully most of the cravings are gone. I'm really suprised. I never would have thought that just not eating those things would make it easier to avoid wanting them, but it certainly has. It's also become a lot easier to keep my calories under my limit, only because I'm forced to eat more vegetables instead.
Sprkle, I'm learning that about cravings too. I have cut way back and it really hasn't been that hard once you get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobhdy View Post
I am down this week, but not as far down as I was on Monday. I have 4.6 pounds left to my mini goal and I doubt I will make it.

Still I have lost at least a pound every week of this challenge, so that can only be considered a good thing.
I am also way stronger than I have been in the past. I did push-ups with a friend last night. Sets of 15 or less and I was able to just do them. No huffing, minimal puffing, and I just did them. It was kinda cool.
You have done good losing every week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmil206 View Post
Jump right in where you are, you don't have to wait.

I'm down to 275.8. My eating plan is working and I'm so happy to be out of the 280's forever! I do need to update my signature. I haven't exercised this week, I have bronchitis.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #134  

Thank you for all the welcomes! I am sooooooooooo in. I really need this and summer is coming fast.
I did well today, stayed OP with food but no exercise I love my wii so I am thinking of starting with 30 days of the EA Active.

What is everyone else doing for exercise?

Tori
tmil206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #135  

Hi everyone, just wanted to post and report that I saw 219.5 this morning!! Yay, I've passed my goal with almost a week to go!! I've been really excited to see my momentum build for a little while. It's kind of a relief truly.

tmil- I ride a stationary bike usually for 3 hours a week. Plus some strength training w/heavy weights (although I just switched my diet around and have been taking a week long break to get used to it). When I get bored with that stuff I play on the Wii or do an exercise video. I aim for 3 hours of exercise a week, but don't regularly get it. I'm going to try and ensure I hit it starting next week.