Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #106  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Oh no!!! Hopefully they'll come back soon. That's so frustrating. I'm doing better today with the food thing, but I can be completely honest in saying that I am NOT looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow. It does scare me into not eating after dinner tonight though, so I guess it's good!

Dixiemae, I hope you start feeling better soon. I am all too familiar with depression issues! Unfortunately, it severely affects my diet too, and some weeks with me are better than others. All I can say is hang in there and hopefully things will get better. I know that even though it shouldn't, the way I feel about my body affects my depression. As that scale moves the right way, I feel better. It's a cycle!! Anyway, hugs to you!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #107  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I forgot to weight this morning because I got up an hour and a half before the alarm went on and by the time I get into my morning routine, I had already eaten and I do not weigh after I have eaten.

I just could not sleep this morning. I can feel the stress creeping on and it is keeping me awake. Grr... I hate stress. But I also have a terrible habit of over committing myself, so I always have tons to do. Some day I will learn and take a month or two to just focus on me and .. I don't know, take bubble baths after work instead of heading into a second job (that I do not get paid for.)

Anyway, I am using my weight from yesterday, 218. Down another pound this week. I wish I was losing faster, but at least it is all moving in the right direction.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #108  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi everyone. So I went to the Dr. yesterday and turns out I'm a medical mystery... Anyways, he said to keep doing what I'm doing (topical steroids) and if it's still not better in a week to call back and he'll get me a referral to a dermatologist. He did say it wasn't contagious, so at least it's just an allergy/stress reaction or something.

That being said, I've really not eaten well this past week. WI showed a lb gain, so I'm committing to being back on plan starting this morning with a healthy home cooked breakfast (vs. fast food, which I really wanted *whine*). Hopefully I'll get through all the cravings pretty soon. I've still been exercising, I just need to update my count.

So for the food challenge I made a homemade personal pizza:

Whole wheat tortilla - 110 cal
1/4 c tomato sauce - 30 cal
2 oz ham - 70 cal
spinach - 5 cal
low fat cheese - 60 cal

Total: 275 calories!! Victory (way better than the 2100 for a whole pizza, and I wasn't miserable afterwards).
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #109  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
Alrighty, So... I've updated my signature to the new format! and I'm liking the extra accountability. We'll see about how my WI goes this week. Currently I'm looking at no loss/no gain. I have stress eaten this week (like I confessed earlier). I tried to mitigate on the weekend, and not make terrible decisions, but I wasn't at home and was at the mercy of my hosts. Hopefully I'll eke out just a smidge of a loss though.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. I've got hives!! I'm going to assume it's from stress, but hopefully he'll tell me it's no big deal just a little itchy. I just want to know why.
I'm sorry Tessa, hope you are feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandimae View Post
I love the new way we're going to be weighing in! I think it's a lot easier. For the challenge, I did lasagna. I was really surprised with the results! I wouldn't be mad if everyone shared their new low fat recipes and I'll do the same if anyone wants!

I haven't been around; life has been soooo busy lately. But I'm renewing my commitment. Mostly because the scale is moving the wrong way after the crazy weekend that I had. I literally ate probably a whole cake while making one for my son's birthday. So ugh! I weighed myself this morning (don't ask my why) and I was up over a pound. Depressing. I'm trying to get back on the wagon!

How is everyone else doing?
Renewing your commitment. I like that, I do it quite often it seems, but it does help just to push reset and refocus again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Hi everyone~sorry I have been mia. I have been battling a case of depression. Today I feel better. I want to continue with this challenge. I didn't send my weigh in to Peggy this past week. Hope Peggy will continue to keep tally for me. I will weigh in in the morning and send it to you. I am going to take things in baby steps so I don't get overwhelmed and fall of the wagon. It is hard to catch up and jump back on. That is what I am doing. I have gone to the store and got healthy food in the house. My problem is eating. Just don't want to eat anything. Im working on it. I am going to follow one of Dr Oz diets and get loosing again. Pat
I'm not keeping up with anyone's weights now, I like the way Tessa (sprklemajik) is doing hers in her signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
H E L P!!!!!!!!!! where did our tickers go???????? Peggy Dandimae, mine are all gone. Sorry everyone Didn't look at other pages to see who elses was missing. Whats happening??????? Did my computer belch again??
Looks like everyone's is gone for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobhdy View Post
I forgot to weight this morning because I got up an hour and a half before the alarm went on and by the time I get into my morning routine, I had already eaten and I do not weigh after I have eaten.

I just could not sleep this morning. I can feel the stress creeping on and it is keeping me awake. Grr... I hate stress. But I also have a terrible habit of over committing myself, so I always have tons to do. Some day I will learn and take a month or two to just focus on me and .. I don't know, take bubble baths after work instead of heading into a second job (that I do not get paid for.)

Anyway, I am using my weight from yesterday, 218. Down another pound this week. I wish I was losing faster, but at least it is all moving in the right direction.
That's the great thing about the way we changed the weigh ins, you can report yours any day that you want, it doesn't have to be Wednesday unless you want it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
Hi everyone. So I went to the Dr. yesterday and turns out I'm a medical mystery... Anyways, he said to keep doing what I'm doing (topical steroids) and if it's still not better in a week to call back and he'll get me a referral to a dermatologist. He did say it wasn't contagious, so at least it's just an allergy/stress reaction or something.

That being said, I've really not eaten well this past week. WI showed a lb gain, so I'm committing to being back on plan starting this morning with a healthy home cooked breakfast (vs. fast food, which I really wanted *whine*). Hopefully I'll get through all the cravings pretty soon. I've still been exercising, I just need to update my count.

So for the food challenge I made a homemade personal pizza:

Whole wheat tortilla - 110 cal
1/4 c tomato sauce - 30 cal
2 oz ham - 70 cal
spinach - 5 cal
low fat cheese - 60 cal

Total: 275 calories!! Victory (way better than the 2100 for a whole pizza, and I wasn't miserable afterwards).
I like your pizza recipe, I've decided I'm going to give some vege pizzas a try. I liked them many years ago, but I haven't had one for a while.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #110  
Slower But Get'n There

Talking

Now about me, lol.

I have been doing so much better on my food, it's unbelieveable. I'm kind of counting calores, kind of counting points, or just eating by the plate method. (1/4 protein, 1/4 starch, 1/2 veges.) I have cut down considerably on junk food, I am losing weight.

I feel like food is working for me now, not against me, what a difference! I haven't exercised this week yet, because I mashed my toe and couldn't even get shoes on, it feels better, and I'm going to check my shoe fit later today, lol.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Oh my weigh ins:

SW for this challenge 280
Now 277.8!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Melissa~Peggy~Ive been away for too long and am lost on how to report my weight. I posted starting weight here. I can figure out how to add it to my sig. but do I pm peggy or Melissa or just post it here. Sorry for my confussion!
Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #112  

This is off topic

Melissa~I rejoined Flylady but have not received any emails from her all day. Cant figure out what I did wrong. I sign up signed in but no emails. Went through big tent all that. No emails.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #113  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well I'm at 213 this week. my starting weight was 209 (I think) I don't remember.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #114  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I missed this. I haven't been online much lately but I'm still determined to stay accountable to my weight (even when I'm terrified of what the scale will say) so I made sure I PM'd Jazzy on Wednesday as soon as I got up. Sorry for that JazzyPeggy and thanks for letting me know I'd missed this message.

I need these weekly weigh ins. I truly believe that the only reason I've lost what I have and stayed mostly OP is because of you guys. I have to stay accountable and I'm terrible at sticking to things by myself (I tend to run and hide when things get rough - like when I've had a bad week) but having you guys here has been so helpful. I just want to thank JazzyPeggy for helping us through the first part of the year long challenge and for keeping us on track and accountable for our actions throughout the first six weeks. It's almost like JazzyPeggy has given us wings and taught us to fly and now we are out in the open sky by ourselves but we are all still here to help each other when we stumble and begin to fall (or somehing like that... sorry if I'm being cheesy, lol) but I really do want to thank JazzyPeggy for her time.

So this week I lost 0.8lb which is such a relief considering how bad I thought I'd been. Though I gained 0.4lb the week before so I'm sort of at a stand still at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
JazzyPeggy sent me a PM with one of the BEST ideas! She was talking about changing how we do the weigh ins. I personally think her idea is PERFECT for many reasons which I will discuss later....but here is how the weigh ins will go from now on.....

List each weigh in date....example for this challenge

2/15 -(which would just be your ending weight from the last challenge...and your starting weight for this one)
2/24 -
3/3 -
3/10 -
3/17 -

Now You can put this on your signature so that you don't have to type it but once...and then you can just go back and update it on the weigh ins....

OR

Each Wednesday when you post your weigh in for this challenge you can post it and fill in the weights next to each (those of you without signature options can do this)

I think this is a great idea because some people don't want to weigh in every week....for those people you can still post the dates and just enter - "Not a weekly weigher" beside it so people know that your still with us and on plan but that you don't weigh weekly

Example -
2/15 - 262.8
2/24 - Not a weekly weigher
3/3 - 260.6
3/10 -Not a weekly weigher
3/17 -

So forth and so on....and some people only weigh monthly...so you could put..."Monthly weigher" ect. ect.

This is also going to take alot of strain off of JazzyPeggy. It is very difficult to gather all the results and tally things up and post for all to see...and it gets awful confusing when everyone doesn't weigh weekly....and some do biweekly....some monthly...and some just skip.

So if you have any questions...PM me or just post here and we will answer them for you...Just bear with us as I'm sure it will take us all a while to adjust this and work out the kinks...

As for the biggest loser each week/month/etc....

We will have to keep an eye on each other's numbers and just congratulate everyone!
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #115  

Hi Everyone~It has been a VERY rough tough day. I don't want to burden you all. But I have cried most of the afternoon. Due to financial difficulties I may need to have my internet and cable turned off. This really really sadens me. TFC is what has kept me going when I wanted to walk away and forget the whole mess. The next few days will tell the tale. Everyone pray that things get better. Between divorce and having my wallet stolen has just bout finished me. Pat
Old 03-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #116  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Oh Pat!!! I'm so sorry. This is a terrible chain of events going on in your life. Are you okay even if your wallet is gone? (Like you weren't robbed or threatened?) I will pray that things work out as smoothly as possible. You're a stong woman and will get through this.

So... I binged on macaroni and cheese last night. I think I've got an alone at night problem. That being said, I'm going to try mixing south beach with calorie counting and see if I can quit bingeing on carbs. At least it's worth a try.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #117  
Slower But Get'n There

Aww, Pat, I hope things work out ok for you, we would miss you.

Hi, tessa and everyone.

I'm down some more today, changing my eating style is really working for me, I haven't exercised all week, I'm hoping to get a little in today.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Oh, Beauty and the Beast, thank you for your kind words, but you are giving me to much credit. You are doing the work. I've had to learn how to fly too, lol.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #118  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Oh Dixie. I am so sad for you. Hang in there, I will be praying for you.

I haven't yet done the challenge for this week. I haven't been able to think of a good recipe to use. I actually eat pretty healthy even when I eat too much. I do not like white sauces, I am not into fried food, and I love veggies.

I have switched from regular butter to light butter when I am eating artichokes, which makes them healthier. (about 100 calories less per meal). I guess that counts.

I have also been eating fish once a week, as a separate challenge to myself and my Sweetie, he has high cholesterol, and needs the omega 3s. It has actually been kinda fun. I never cook fish and I rarely ate it before. (I used to feed fish to penguins -- that'll turn you off fish )
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Pat - Sorry for your financial trouples! We are in the midst of fileing bankruptcy ourselves. We were up to our eyeballs in medical bill debt and noone wanted to work with us....so they aren't getting anything now! And as for Flylady...not sure...you may try e-mailing her.

Sorry about not posting the next mini challenge on Wednesday, but I am so busy during the week that I just can't get to it. So, from now on I will post on Sundays.

Okay I'm off to post the next mini challenge.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking Mini-Challenge #3 - Let's get MOTIVATED!

It seems like a fresh start always tends to motivate people....the start of the new year....the start of a new challenge....the start of a new month...the start of a new week....and in some cases the start of a new day.

BUT

Eventually all of that motivation seems to fade away. We start out on fire....on plan with food and exercise.....then week 2 we have a few splurges...and maybe miss a couple of exercise appointments. By week 3 we may only have a couple of days on plan...and by week 4.....a foowey there it went!

I think we can all BEAT that! So in this challenge we are going to remotivate ourselves. There are two simple steps....

STEP ONE --> I want everyone to remember WHY they are doing this. How do you expect to feel/look/act when you reach your goal. What are some things you will do?

STEP TWO --> What is your plan for reaching your goal? What things normally throw you off track....and for each of those things list at least 2 ways you can beat it to stay on track.

We are all worth a healthy life that we are happy in our own body. I for one make weight loss so much harder than it actually is. I think alot of us do that.....unreal expectations for weight loss.....unreal expectations for calorie in take....and unreal expectations for exercise.....and when we don't meet our unreal expectations we give up.....at least for a little while.

You know.....when you think about it....how hard would it be to lose just 5 pounds a month? That is just a little over 1 pound a week.....it would be super easy to lose just 5 pounds a month...and in one year that would be 60 pounds....two years would be 120 pounds.....so I think part of the struggle is just setting realistic weight loss goals....I mean 12 pounds a month may be realistic for some....but not for all...Think about this and see if your goals need readjusting.

Good luck!!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 03-07-2010 at 11:45 AM.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote