Old 02-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

I'm doing well today!! keeping within my calorie range and I have already exercised for 45 minutes today on the elliptical. How is everybody doing?! \
~Ashley
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi, all!

I was on 3FC a while back when I was in the earlier stages of the weight-loss process. While I stopped visiting the boards, I kept up the loss. I got really involved with a sport, and that's sort of taken over my life (in a good way).

I'm back because after taking the summer off and just maintaining, it's time to finish this and get to the size I really want to be (which is currently 138 or size 4 jeans, but I’ll see when I get there).

I started in Mar '08 at 210. Now I'm around 152 -- well, I was 152 two weeks ago, anyway, and since then I've been bouncing between 152 and 154. Immensely frustrating, since I’ve been on plan. However, I’ve lost over an inch around my waist in these 2 weeks, so clearly my body is going through some big changes.

Until this little plateau, I was on track for a mini-goal of 149 by 2/22, when I'm going to an event in my sport during which my skills will be tested. I feel good at my current weight, but I'd feel even more confident if I were down to the next decade when I go. My original plan was to fit comfortably into a pair of size 6 jeans and buy them to wear to this event.

I may still make that goal. It's TOM, so I'm hoping for a whoosh. My calorie intake and expenditure have been on target, so I should have hit my goal of 149 a few days ago. If that whoosh happens, (fingers crossed), I'll set another goal and continue this challenge.

Staying on plan is hard when the scale's not moving, as most of you know. Today, I was in the grocery and the smell of fresh cookies was wafting through the store.... I was so tempted. One cookie won't hurt. Then I passed a magazine display with a photo of Jennifer Aniston in a bikini and I thought, "She didn’t get that body by telling herself that one cookie won’t hurt," and I got in line with my little package of salmon.

So! Here are my current stats:

S: 154
C: 154
G: 149

My goals are:

1. Continue to avoid all breads, pastas, and grains like the devil.
2. Eat the full 1200 calories a day, even when I feel like less is enough.
3. Do not let the scale’s uncooperativeness discourage my motivation.

Thanks for the challenge!

Jay
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I did 20 minutes marching and jogging and 30 minutes yoga on Wii. 50/500

Last edited by Dixiemae; 02-15-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #19  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

OMG ladies! I am so sorry I've been absent. My computer died...BOO!!!! So I've been out of touch and it has been so hard! So I'm back now. Peggy, can I weigh in tomorrow morning and send it to you? I've been crazy busy and just got back in to town...

Life is crazy! I'm going to catch up on reading all the posts. I've missed everyone!

I'll work on my goals for this challenge and post them tomorrow. I'm glad I can start fresh, I've been a bad, bad girl!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #20  

I know I'm suppose to send my stats to JazzyPeggy but I can't seem to figure out how to send a private message? Hahaha, I am so sorry this seems like such a dumb question, but how do you send one? I'm pretty new here and don't have all the ways figured out yet. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #21  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Quote:
Originally Posted by farn00a57 View Post
I know I'm suppose to send my stats to JazzyPeggy but I can't seem to figure out how to send a private message? Hahaha, I am so sorry this seems like such a dumb question, but how do you send one? I'm pretty new here and don't have all the ways figured out yet. Thanks!
If you haven't been on the forum for 20 days and made 20 posts, you can't send private messages yet. Once you qualify, you'll be able to do it. Good luck!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 190/181/160

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Fartn00a57 hit their name & it'll say send a private message.

Finally went to the doctor today for some crud i've had for the past month & it turns out it's bronchitus & that I have asthma which explains my trouble breathing when winter hits .It's great to know whats wrong but means no exercise for a bit as the doc has insisted on rest till my lungs loosen up .So I'm going to really on calories alone & I'll have to miss out on the mini challenge this time around .
fld20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Talking On to day 2

Well its on to day two. I hope everyone's day one went as planned. Mine went pretty good. I was on track with food and exercise....I had a slight binge aroun 7:30 - 8:00pm....so I have decided to move some of my calories around so that I can have a snack after dinner if I want to.

I plan to hit the gym with a friend this evening for a good 30-45 minutes. I hope everyone is working on knocking out those 500 minutes of exercise for the exercise challenge this month!

Keep us all posted on your progress!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #24  

thanks for your help dandimae and fld20! I guess since i am so new I still have to wait until the 20 days is up. I think that should be pretty soon here. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am down 2 pounds as of today. So on my way to my goal!

how is everybody else doing?
Old 02-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

poop Poop Poop.......today will count as a lesson learned.....Look at my work schedule for the week not just for the next day.
I have a job that is usually 8-5 and occasional travel. Well I have my menus planned out and noticed last night I didn't schedule my lunch into my schedule. therefor I am eating on the road and my lunch and dinner plans didn't include foods that can be ate while driving. Especially the soup!! Driving to a tiny town with one cafe and a salad that looked like all lettuce and one carrot strip so I didn't order it knowing 30 minutes later I would be hungry. But on the bright side I am drinking tons of water and this morning my scale did budge. I swear ladies I can actually do better this week is an odd kinda week for me. Oh and did I mention my job will also include a banquet/ceremony thur night. UGH........ but boy am I drinking my water!!!!
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 145/143/119

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies!

I'm new at the forum and I'm at the very beginning of my weight loss journey but I'm loving all the challenges out there.

These next four weeks will be kind of hard since I won't be able to go to gym as often as I'd like and I'm in the middle of school exams (too many hours studying in front of the computer and stress levels through the roof...).

However I would like to work on:

Drinking more water - at least 1,8 l (63oz) every day
Doing some mini workouts while I'm studying at home - I think dancing (or doing some abs) for 15 minutes every 3 hours will be a nice break
Resist temptation (aka Milka chocolate bars and sweets alike)
Start paying attention to food portions

So, pretty straight forward stuff. I feel like I should do more but I think this is what I can commit to doing without setting myself up for failure.
Catarinacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

No change on the scale today but drinking lots of water and on track to meet my other daily goals.

I know that NSVs are ultimately more important than a number on a scale, but every morning when I get on that thing and see 154 again, I just think, "UGH." This is Day 18 of this stall.

Jay
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Caterinacat - to 3FC and welcome to the G2010 challenges!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farn00a57 View Post
I just wanted to let you guys know that I am down 2 pounds as of today. So on my way to my goal!

YAY for your first 2 pounds!!! It will be 10 before you know it....and then 20...and so on

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
poop Poop Poop.......today will count as a lesson learned.....Look at my work schedule for the week not just for the next day.

I know what your talking about! I hate it when I have everything planned out and something happens that changes my plans! Birthday parties/family get togethers/ and holidays seem to always foil my best laid plans! Sorry you had a bit of a strugge you'll get through it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomadness View Post
No change on the scale today but drinking lots of water and on track to meet my other daily goals.

I know that NSVs are ultimately more important than a number on a scale, but every morning when I get on that thing and see 154 again, I just think, "UGH." This is Day 18 of this stall.
Jay
Jay....My mother in law had this happen to her....she wasnt eating enough calories...she up'ed her calorie intake to 1200 to 1400 a day and lost 4 pounds in one week! Usually when you plateau its cause your body has adjusted to your routine....maybe you could try different exercises or increase the intensity of what your doing....of course at 154 it should be expected that it will be harder to lose weight! I think its awesome that your just sticking with it!!!!

As for me today....I'm on track with food and calories I have let Jillian Michaels kick my bootay for 25 mintues and I just got home from putting in half an hour on the treadmill at the gym I started the couch to 5K today! Woot woot!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 02-16-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: updated workout minutes
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #29  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Hi, everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been on yet. I got the stats posted for the last challenge.

I'm starting at 280. I maintained in January which is not my goal. Got some catching up to do to get on track for my year long goal.

I'll fix my signature, but I have exercised 27 minutes and an hour on the wiii. I may not add my wii minutes, it will get me to 500 too fast to be challenging. No exercise today though, woke up with a bad crick in my neck.

I have started reading the book Body Clutter again by Flylady. I am convinced if you get your life organized and free of clutter, you can stay on program easier. I experienced this a couple of months ago, I had gotten my house spotless, and I so stuck to my diet that week. So I have been decluttering and cleaning my kitchen. I have snowmen on my entertainment center in my living room, and I decided to throw some things away I had in a rubbermaid container to put the snowmen away, and have completely emptied the 2 closets in my room in process of getting this done. I get so sidetracked so easily. I have to do more tonight, because my bed is piled up with this stuff. lol. I will get my daughter to help me since my neck is hurting. lol

But you know what I discovered some clothes I forgot I had that I can wear if I lose about 30 pounds. Bonus: motivation!

Have a great Wednesday everyone. Hope to get on here sooner tomorrow.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #30  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Thank you Melissa for helping keeping this challenge going. And thank all of you that have just joined or have come back for this part.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote