Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Default G2010 This Takes More Than Luck Challenge (thru 3/17)

Whooooo HOOOOO one challenge down for the year, and it is now time to start the second challenge! This is a new fresh start.....so whether you lost weight for the first challenge, stayed the same, or even gained weight its still not too late to make this year YOUR year!

I have stepped up and joined JazzyPeggy in managing the challenges. I will be doing the mini-challenges while she mans the overall challenge. So, you will need to PM her starting weights, challenge goals, and weekly weigh ins as you have been. I am gonna go ahead and get this challenge started for her because I know she is a busy bee on Sundays....and I'm sure many of you are anxious to get started!

This challenge will run from February 15th (Monday) to March 17th (Wednesday). Since the challenge ends on a Wednesday we will need to switch gears and PM all weigh ins to Jazzy by Wednesday at midnight.

Alright...now that we have all that out of the way....lets get to the nitty gritty!

This challenge is 4 weeks and 3 days; so, keep that in mind when setting your goals. Keep your goals achievable so you will stick with it. Share your goals withus....you may inspire or motivate someone else! What are your goals for water, food, exercise, pampering, etc. How are you gonna whip it into shape this challenge????

Watch for the mini-challenges that will be posted WEEKLY!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #2  

I'm starting this challenge out at 262. My goal for the 4 weeks and 3 days is to lose 10 pounds! I am going to eat 1800 calories per day AND exercise at least 30 minutes 3 times a week.

I hope to chat with all of you quite a bit...and have lots of fun taking part in the mini challenges. My main focus this challenge will be food! I have to stop eating out and get control of my calorie intake!!!!

Well I'm off to post the first mini-challenge!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #3  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Whoooo-hooooo! New challenge, fresh start. So for this challenge I’m going for a weight loss of 6lb to reach a weight of 139.2lb. I do hope I can do this but I think my weight loss will be much slower this time round so we’ll just have to see.

In addition I pledge to drink 2 litres of water today as I kind of fell off the wagon with that one last challenge. Same with my exercise – haven’t done much in over a week now so I will get back up with that as well.

Today’s valentine’s day though – I’m enjoying myself today and then I’ll get right back down to it tomorrow.

I’m really looking forward to the mini challenges you come up with Melissa.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #4  

Default 1st Mini-Challenge - Exercise challenge!

It's time for our first mini-challenge! Actually our first mini-challenge will run the duration of the whole challenge (2/15 to 3/17). There is no need to PM any information regarding this mini-challenge to myself or to JazzyPeggy....but I strongly suggest some sort of tracking in your signature. That way we can all see each others progress.

Exercise Mini-Challenge

First and foremost I want to let everyone know that you DO NOT have to participate in any mini-challenge. You may pick and choose the ones you want to play along with. They are simply meant for motivational purposes and to keep us on track.....and have a little fun!

This exercise mini challenge is fairly simple. You are all challenged to exercise a minimum of 500 minutes during this challenge. I think sometimes we are too hard on ourselves.....we plan on exercising 60 minutes or more every single day.....and then life happens! We are too tired from work....something came up.....gotta cook dinner...etc etc. Then we miss another workout....and another....and before you know it we have kinda lost our steam!

It doesn't have to be this way! We can make dieting and exercise as easy or as hard as we want it to be. You can take this 500 minutes and get it by exercising 15 minutes a day.....or 30 minutes every couple of days..... or 60 minutes 3 times a week......

the possibilities ARE ENDLESS! It doesn't have to be set in stone....it just has to be something that works for YOU!

So....lets get in that 500 minutes and maybe even more! I have stickers for everyone who gets to their 500 minutes...just PM me when you do! Also....the first person to get to 500 gets a special sticker!

Good luck!
Old 02-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/181/160

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I'm starting out this challenge at 174 & I'm gonna aim for 5lbs that will put me back in the 160's which would be great .Forgot to add some of my other goals Drink atleast 70oz of water a day , to make sure I actually eat breakfast every day , to cut out my normal cigarettes & start using only my ecig downing the nicotine till hopefully one day I'm not needing any & to continue taking care of my outsides as well getting my hair done & my nails it makes me feel better & I need to keep it up .

Last edited by fld20; 02-14-2010 at 03:05 PM.
fld20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

ok I'm gonna try this. I NEED accountablility!!!!
I am hoping to:
1 lose 5 lbs
2 exercise on my wii at least every other day
3 drink 8 8oz of water everyday mon thur friday and at least 32 oz on the weekends

JazzyPeggy as soon as a see a post from you I will PM you my stuff.
Good luck everybody.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

HI! I want to get in on this challenge as well!! This is a great challenge for me because on the 17th I will be heading to Mexico! So if I do well on this challenge, it will make my vacay all the more sweet!
1. My goal is to lose 20 pounds on this challenge.
2. To work out at least 6 days out of the 7
3. to drink increase the amount of water that I drink daily, trying to hit that 70 ounces every day.

SW: 277
CW: 277
GW: 257

Good luck everybody!!!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Goals:
1) SW 204.2, GW 197.4
2) rest one full day/week - began 2/14
3) increase intensity of current exercise program - began 2/14

2/21: 204
2/28: 199
3/7: 199.8
3/14:
3/17: GW 197.4 Actual

Last edited by Losing80; 03-07-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #9  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, thank you so much for starting this. I had meant to do it yesterday, and I totally forgot. Busy now cleaning up the mess the dog made while I was gone, and taking a little rest, will be back later to catch up on the posts.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #10  

Jazzy - No problem....I was afraid I was stepping on your toes but I remember you saying something about having your hands full on Sundays.

So...I have made out my menu for the week...breakfast lunch snacks and dinner....and gotten groceries! I am ready for the week! Bring it!

My goals this week

- 1800 calories or less per day
- Exercise 45 minutes a day 4 times this week

Thats it! Good luck everyone!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #11  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I'm starting this challenge at 212. My weight goal is to lose 8lbs (or about 2lbs a week) and reach 204lbs. Other than that my goals are to exercise consistently! At least half an hour of cardio every other day. And to be binge free. That is my big goal, I'm tired of binging away my success almost every weekend. So I'd like to not do that.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #12  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchkey Princess View Post
I'm starting this challenge at 212. My weight goal is to lose 8lbs (or about 2lbs a week) and reach 204lbs. Other than that my goals are to exercise consistently! At least half an hour of cardio every other day. And to be binge free. That is my big goal, I'm tired of binging away my success almost every weekend. So I'd like to not do that.

I know what you mean...with me alot of times its like...OH I lost X amount of weight....I am gonna go eat one splurge meal...it won't all come back with one meal...and of course it doesn't! So then I think maybe I can eat one more splurge meal....so on and so on until its all back

What is this power that food has over so many of us?

Well today is a fresh new start! And I for one am going to take it and run with it. I have my menu all planned out for the week with plenty of groceries. I know exactly what I'm going to eat today for every meal....so there will be no thinking about food and getting me hungry!

My goals for the day -->
Stay on track with calories
Clean the kitchen/living room/ and do some laundry
Work on lesson plans for the week
Exercise with wii active/wii Just Dance/etc for 45 minutes today

Good luck everyone!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Me too me too Im in!!

Sw 160.2
GW 155
5.2 LOSS

2) EXERCISE: 3 cardio and 2 yoga per week 30 minutes each workout Wii included
3) 32 ounces water per day
4) BMI 25 by St Pattys day

Last edited by Dixiemae; 02-15-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #14  

Just a quick check in. So far all is well today. I'm on track with my calories. I have gotten the kitchen cleaned. I'm fixing to go start on my lesson plans. I just got the word that there is no school tomorrow....Darn snow!!!

Oh well....hope everyone's Monday is going strong. I will check in more later.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
So far all is well today. I'm on track with my calories.
Oh well....hope everyone's Monday is going strong. I will check in more later.
Glad to hear its going well. I had a bit of a snag. This weekend I was in a hurry so I didn't get a chance to do my normal cooking. What I mean by that is cooking a casserole type dish, keeping track of what and how much I put in it, and dividing it into single servings so I know how many calories are in each serving. I make this dish for the whole week so this week looks like I'll be guesstamating my calories. But I am putting them in my book none the less.
Planned on doing my wii to night but forgot I have a business meeting tonight. So depending on when that is over I may get in just a bit of yoga before bed.
But all in all I'm doing pretty good. I am on track with my water, half drank.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote