Old 03-13-2010, 01:16 AM   #136  

Another day on goal. Hopefully tomorrow I will get some exercise in although I'm doing a local wine walk with a friend sooooooooooo we will see :0
tmil206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #137  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Had another great day yesterday and another great morning on the scales again this morning: 218.5! Woot, this new south beach thing is easy squeezy. I'm loving this so far. I know the weight loss won't continue sooo quickly, but as long as it will go on I will continue to ride the wave downward.

DH got in last night for the weekend. He had a long drive so he's taking a nap now. We had sushi (sashimi for me--no rice) for lunch and went and got me a new laptop. Our old one was running sooooo slow and kicking me off the internet all the time. It was very frustrating. I luuurve my new computer though, and am very happy to have it.

Hopefully you ladies are enjoying this beautiful spring day (at least it's pretty here).

OOH- I also just noticed that I'm approaching my halfway point - onward and downward!

Last edited by sprklemajik; 03-13-2010 at 02:14 PM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #138  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Sprkle: awesome on your great day! And congrats on your new computer! I'm so jealous!!!! I need on so bad...hopefully DH gets the crazy hints I've been sending out. What kind did you get?

I'm completely OP right now, for today! Granted, it is only 9:45am, but hey, with the way things have been going lately, I'll take it! I just have to focus and concentrate just on today! I seem to get caught up in the bigger picture and that hasn't been working for me. I just can't imagine another FAT summer! Ugh!!!!

I have to do this.
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking Final Mini-Challenge - Reflection Time

Final Mini - Challenge

Reflection Time

So, this is the final mini-challenge of the G2010 This Takes More Than Luck Challenge.

This challenge will run today (SUNDAY 3/14) through Wednesday (3/17)

The last mini-challenge we did challenged us to remotivate ourselves by revisiting the reasons WHY we want to get thinner and healthier and commit to what we are going to do to reach our goals.

This mini-challenge will see us through to the end of the 3rd overall challenge this year; so, I want you to reflect on the year so far.....have you lost what you thought you would? Why...or why not? What things caused you to be successful / unsuccessful? What can you do to continue your success and/or overcome your obstacles in the future? Did you reach all of your goals...some of your goals...any goals at all? What are some NON-SCALE VICTORIES you had if any (i.e. went down a pants size...clothes fit looser..etc.)

Do you need to make any changes to your plan at this point in the year? If so, what are those changes you intend to make?
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #140  

Mini - Challenge #3 -->

Although I have lost slightly over 6 pounds so far this year...it is NO WHERE close to where I wanted to be in 2.5 months into the year. Of course I'm doing the same ole...I will do it tomorrow...routine. Then once I actually do get started....weight loss is all I think about...then I think...hmmmm I bet I can lose more than I "planned" to lose....and I weigh every single day. If I don't see progress one day...I don't think...well I'm building muscle...or maybe I retained water...or something like that and I get discouraged...and binge for the rest of the day....

So...my NEW plan...is to weigh ONCE a month and to come up with one plan and simply work it. I'm not allowed to think about weight loss because I HAVE A LIFE TO LIVE! I'm going to continue to plan my meals weekly.....and focus on living life rather than planning my weight loss schemes that NEVER work out....I really feel this plan will work best for me....so its

1500 calories a day; 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week; weekly meal planning and grocery shopping; and once a week looking for new healthy meals/snacks to try.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
Had another great day yesterday and another great morning on the scales again this morning: 218.5! Woot, this new south beach thing is easy squeezy. I'm loving this so far. I know the weight loss won't continue sooo quickly, but as long as it will go on I will continue to ride the wave downward.

First of all I'm so excited for you! I know how the past year has been a struggle for you to stay on plan, and it really seems like you are on a roll right now! Keep it up....you are only 19 pounds away from saying goodbye to the 200's forever....just imagine what that is gonna feel like!!!! You need to have a "Welcome to ONEderland!" Party...and I wanna come! LOL!

Give me the down low on the south beach diet...I have tried it before and can't remember what the deal was....I know its low carb...which I so need....but what kinds of foods are you eating?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #142  

Hi Ladies!

Dandimae- I love the new computer. We bought an 17" monitor HP with the blueray player (with the bestbuy card -18 months no interest) and a new wireless router. Both our old ones were 5 years old and were just running super slow. So now I've got uninterupted access again. It's wonderful.

Mel- Thank you for the kind words. I've been super great about finally getting on plan. My life is sooo chaotic right now, and I was constantly fighting not to binge. It was terrible to be constantly fighting binges, so basically all I've done is remove the trigger foods from my diet (carbs).

South Beach main focus is good carbs and good fats. It has got the first two weeks without any fruit, bread, pasta, etc. After the first two weeks you add back fruit and whole grain foods. I've been a whole week currently, and have gone from 224 to 218.5, I've been counting calories along with it, just because I was concerned about eating so much meat and dairy, but it's been fairly easy to stay under 1600 calories daily so far because of all the veggies I've been eating.

We had a wild game dinner last night, so I tried several of the different kinds of meat, I stayed away from the rice and sides, and stayed on plan. I was amazed. I also ate out lunch yesterday with DH and had a salad and sashimi. I've been excited to be able to manage this plan even while going out and socializing. Still at 218.5 this morning, but I contribute that to being out all day and not drinking all my water and sodium in all the food.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 03-14-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #143  

I want you to reflect on the year so far.....have you lost what you thought you would? Why...or why not? What things caused you to be successful / unsuccessful? What can you do to continue your success and/or overcome your obstacles in the future? Did you reach all of your goals...some of your goals...any goals at all? What are some NON-SCALE VICTORIES you had if any (i.e. went down a pants size...clothes fit looser..etc.)

Do you need to make any changes to your plan at this point in the year? If so, what are those changes you intend to make?

Okay, so it's almost the end of March. I'm down ? I dunno, not too much. I've bounced around in January and Feb. I know I saw a high in the middle of Feb of 231 (some water weight). Anyways, I have made a few tweaks to my plan, and the weight is moving again in the right direction. I've changed my plan from just calorie counting to calorie counting and south beach. So far so good. It works. I'm mostly derailed by life, and that's a tough but necessary thing to get over.

Victories: I'm back comfortably into most size 14's, still some 16's (but all my clothes fit again). Most of my cravings have become manageable. I've managed to stay on plan for an entire week!!! (best of all).

New challenges: I'm having to manage my feelings instead of eating to numb them.

Help Please! Question to all of you: What steps do you take to manage your emotions?
I exercise but I don't always have time to squeeze it in.
I've tried journaling, and mostly it makes me feel self absorbed and hokey (not that it doesn't work for other people, I'm just not sure I'm the kind of person that journals.)

Last edited by sprklemajik; 03-15-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #144  

Sparkle - In response to your question about dealing with emotions here are the things I try do to...

#1. Call a friend who will genuinly listen and talk to them...sometimes it just makes me feel better to talk to someone.

#2. Go for a walk...or better yet...go for a walk with some friends.

#3. Pick up a new hobby...cross stitching, crocheting, scrapbooking etc.

#4. Find a beauty school where you can go and pamper yourself with manicures and pedicures for a CHEAP price!!!

Hope this helps
Old 03-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #145  

Talking Good luck to ALL

I am joining you guys for my own challenge after like 2 years of nothing.

It is a 21 day liquid Detox fast. Join me if you want to try it out.

I hope all of you do well. It is a struggle to gain control once you have lost it.

We will all succeed with the help of each other...

Good Luck
Pinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #146  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

McKenziesmomma: #4 is awesome! I always forget to do that and think that I can't afford to get the fun stuff done. Thanks so much for that reminder, I'm gonna look into it tomorrow.

Pinup: What fast are you doing? I did the Master Cleanse a few years ago and followed it up with the Eat to Live Plan and I lost a lot of weight. If you want any advice or suggestions, let me know! I'm here for ya girl!

Thinking about the question for this mini-challenge: I have lost 14 pounds so far this year. I'm struggling with commitment. I am confident that it will only get better, and I'm still breastfeeding. I is so hard to control my urges when I am SO hungry since I'm still feeding a little one. So I'm working on it and trying to renew my commitment every morning.

My eating is the worst for me! The weekends really do me wrong. My hubs is home and he's not the best eater in the world, so I really have to concentrate on it.

Doing ok today, but I did dip a Rice Krispy treat in peanut butter. Eek!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 AM   #147  

Sparkle, I basically do the same things as Melissa for stress relievers, take up a hobby (I like hiking, running, scrapbooking, knitting etc.) I also like to organize my house. Its hard to get motivated but when I have everything in order and clean things just seem to be better. Working out is always a stress reliever, venting to a friend helps as does a pedicure and/or new hair style.

Can't wait for the new challenge to start, I really need to kick start with some exercise. I have been doing pretty good diet wise. Although yesterday I did a Wine walk with a friend that ended in too much Sushi. The Sushi would not have been too horible of a choice but we ate soooooooooooooooooooooo much.
tmil206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #148  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

STEP ONE --> I want everyone to remember WHY they are doing this. How do you expect to feel/look/act when you reach your goal. What are some things you will do?

I am losing weight because I am out of shape. I do not like losing my breath from going up stairs. I do not like feeling like I am always hiding my stomach under extra extra large shirts that do not fit me. I will know when I have reached my goal because I will be able to fight for a full day and feel tired but not like I am about to die. I will feel comfortable wearing form fitting flattering clothing, and maybe one or two of my old evening gowns.

STEP TWO --> What is your plan for reaching your goal? What things normally throw you off track....and for each of those things list at least 2 ways you can beat it to stay on track.

I am calorie counting. I don’t want to have to give up any foods. I want to be able to have a day where I eat nothing but chocolate and still be “on plan,” even if it is not a very healthy day. I want to exercise, a lot. Usually the exercise is what throws me off plan. I just stop and do start again. This time I have enlisted a friend to keep me honest. When I exercise, he exercises and when he exercises he gets closer to making me Queen. Trust me it does work.

This mini-challenge will see us through to the end of the 3rd overall challenge this year; so, I want you to reflect on the year so far.....have you lost what you thought you would? Why...or why not? What things caused you to be successful / unsuccessful? What can you do to continue your success and/or overcome your obstacles in the future? Did you reach all of your goals...some of your goals...any goals at all? What are some NON-SCALE VICTORIES you had if any (i.e. went down a pants size...clothes fit looser..etc.)

Where am I on this journey really? I started in December of 2008 when I lost my home to slow construction, and an overzealous landlord. Living in a hotel meant that a gym was close and I really had nothing else to do after work before my Sweetie came home. Moving into the new house put breaks on my forward progress. I stopped exercising and lost very VERY slowly until about December of 2009, when I discovered I was no longer losing very slowly, but in fact gaining! So I knuckled down again and since January I have been moving downward steadily (except when I am starting a new exercise regime) and I feel reasonably satisfied with my progress. I hoped I would lose faster; I seem to lose at about 1 to 1.5 pounds a week. I wish I lost more like 2, but any progress is good progress I guess. Exercise has been the most important thing to me. I may be overly ambitious about it right now, but I am definitely getting stronger and fitter, which I am very pleased with. Goals and companionship keep me on track. I have an IRL partner in fitness who is really keeping me motivated and successful. All I have to do is make sure he stays committed. I did not reach my weight loss goal for the challenge, but I came close. Again, I think I was overambitious believing I could convince my body to shed 2 pounds a week for the challenge. I did stay on track with my exercising and made it through one of the hardest times of year for me; I often lose motivation to exercise when the weather is so rotten and icky, but not this year. This year I can see my goals in August and I am committed to getting there, cause even if I am slow, I will still be better off than if I quit. My clothes are definitely fitting looser. I think I am down a pant size at that. And someone finally noticed that I was losing weight so that was a nice feeling as well.

I don’t think I am going to make changes now, except for committing to taking Monday as a rest day from exercise at least until the end of March. I am over doing my muscles and I need to make sure I let them rest once in a while.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

hi All~Yes, it is really me Dixiemae!! I am able to keep my internet. So I can breathe a sigh of relief. Plus I get to chat with you ladies again. I read the mini challenge. I have accomplished my goals so far. Though I was away I kept up with my weight loss. I am pleased with this challenge, cant wait for the next one to start so I can be an active part of it all again :-)))) I will check back later and catch up on all the good things that have been happening while I was gone. Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 03-16-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #150  

Yay! Dixie! Glad to have you still. And way to go on meeting your St. Patricks Day goal!!!! Woot!

I'm around today. I'm super tired today, I passed out this morning before I could make it to breakfast this morning. Grrr... startled me alittle bit, but a few minutes and a snack later, and I was alright. Just a headache now.