Old 02-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

JazzyPeggy - I LOVE Flylady! She makes it so easy to have your life together!
As far as too many workout minutes...thats not possible! Go for it woman! I a at 100 minutes! I mainly just made 500 the goal because it is attainable by everyone!

Remember everyone....special sticker to the first one that PMs me that they completed their 500 minutes...and a special sticker to the person whohas the most minutes of exercise!!!!!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Thank for the encouragement, Melissa! I *really* appreciate it, especially today!

I confess that I was eating 800-1000 calories a day but just the other day (okay, yesterday!) upped it to 1200. I'd also slacked on the water intake. I've come to the side of righteousness and am now doing what I should.

It sounds like you're doing great! Very inspiring!

Jay
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I had an op day. I went to the doctor this morning. my weight was 160.2. She thought BMI 25 by St Pattys day was a good goal :-))) Told me to start with 3-8 oz glasses of water and increase one glass each week. I can live with that goal. I drank my water for today. BP and pulse was very good. Im still on the burner for 3 more months with the statin. Not thrilled but gotta do what I gotta do. I told myself after the appointment Id go to McD and get a McDouble and a hot fudge sundae. I didn't do that. I came home and had a healthy lunch and supper. I exersized for 80 minutes. So 130/500 370 to go!!

Last edited by Dixiemae; 02-17-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Ok quick question. I know there is actually a long term challenge and this is just a mini part of that challenge. We are suppose to send our info(mainly weight loss) to Jazzy. Does she keep that as a part of the bigger challenge or will she report on our info here? I am trying to figure out if I just need to send her my info or if I also need to post it here?
thanks ladies and I hope you have a great day.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Good morning! And good news! The scale budged.

Was it the 1200 cal? Was it the water? Was it hormones? I don't know, but what a relief. Thanks to 3FC for getting me back on track with the calories and water.

New stats!

S: 154
C: 151.8
G: 149

Jay
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #36  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Chicks
Can I come join the fun?

I need some commitment and accountability right now. I am very close to the point I was last year, about this same time of year that caused me to maintain for 9 months instead of losing...

So my stats:
SW: 250
CW: 220
GW: 212

I would like to lose 8 pounds in the challenge.
I will exercise 3 days on, 1 day off for the whole challenge.
I will drink my water every weekday. (Weekends are another challenge altogether)
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomadness View Post
Thank for the encouragement, Melissa! I *really* appreciate it, especially today!

I confess that I was eating 800-1000 calories a day but just the other day (okay, yesterday!) upped it to 1200. I'd also slacked on the water intake. I've come to the side of righteousness and am now doing what I should.

It sounds like you're doing great! Very inspiring!

Jay
Your welcome, Jay! That is what everyone here is for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
I told myself after the appointment Id go to McD and get a McDouble and a hot fudge sundae. I didn't do that. I came home and had a healthy lunch and supper. I exersized for 80 minutes. So 130/500 370 to go!!
1st of all...congrats on all the good news from your doctor! 2nd....I'm so proud of you for skipping McDonald's! I totally believe that you should have a splurge "MEAL" here and there to shock your body...and to keep you from binging.....but sounds like you have complete control now. My sister in law who lost all her weight about 5 years ago and is still maintaining her healthy life style promised me that making better choices comes second nature after a while.....sounds like your there Pat! And last but not least....your doing awesome on exercise! WHEW HOOO !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
Ok quick question. I know there is actually a long term challenge and this is just a mini part of that challenge. We are suppose to send our info(mainly weight loss) to Jazzy. Does she keep that as a part of the bigger challenge or will she report on our info here? I am trying to figure out if I just need to send her my info or if I also need to post it here?
thanks ladies and I hope you have a great day.
The whole challenge is a year long Jan 1st 2010 to Dec 31st 2010....The challenge is broken up into several mini challenges.....usually some holiday ends the challenge...this one ends St. Patty's day and the next one ends Easter...and the next one ends Memorial Day ...and the next one July 4th....so forth and so on....

During each mini challenge we will have weigh in days....the weigh in day for this challenge is Wednesday...but you don't have to weigh in today cause the challenge just started....so you will weigh in next Wednesday...and every Wednesday after that until the challenge ends....

JazzyPeggy will report the results of everyone's weigh in's and tell who the biggest loser was and runner ups...all that good stuff!

We also have other little challenges...for example we are having an exercise challenge right now....500 minutes of exercise by St. Patty's day....I will post another small challenge next Wednesday when everyone weigh's in!

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Good morning! And good news! The scale budged.

Was it the 1200 cal? Was it the water? Was it hormones? I don't know, but what a relief. Thanks to 3FC for getting me back on track with the calories and water.

New stats!

S: 154
C: 151.8
G: 149

Jay
YAY!!! I am betting it was the calories...that sounds exactly like what my mother in law went through....800-1000 calories a day and her body was holding on to everything it had cause it was in starvation mode! She upped her calories to 1200 and some 1400 days....she lost 4 pounds that week! I'm so glad your back on the down slide! I know its so hard to put in all that work and eat right and not see any results! Your so close to your goal for the challenge and the challenge just started!!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #38  

knobhdy - of course you are here

Okay...so now that I have done the personals thing....its time for a quick update! Yesterday was the best on plan day I have had in a very long time! Monday I had some issues with wanting to snack after dinner, so I decided that I would save some calories for an after dinner snack. I did save some calories, but after dinner around 6pm I did 25 minutes of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred! I was pooped...and drank a whole bottle of water so I was full too! Then around 7:30pm I went to the gym and started my couch to 5K program....a quickie 30 minutes at the gym and I was done.....and of course more water cause I was hot and pooped.....

So, I never did eat those extra calories. I'm still gonna save some calories for an after dinner snack just incase I ever want one.....but I have found that exercising and drinking water is a good cure for the munchies!

Here's to a good Wednesday for everyone
Old 02-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #39  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Jay
You have to eat enough for survival and then your body will turn loose of that extra weight. Good job on eating more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
As far as too many workout minutes...thats not possible! Go for it woman! I a at 100 minutes! I mainly just made 500 the goal because it is attainable by everyone!
Ok, I'll count all my minutes. Had a crick in my neck yesterday, so I didn't do any exercise. So it still stands at 87 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
I had an op day... I told myself after the appointment Id go to McD and get a McDouble and a hot fudge sundae. I didn't do that. I came home and had a healthy lunch and supper. I exersized for 80 minutes. So 130/500 370 to go!!
I'm proud of you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobhdy View Post
Hi Chicks
Can I come join the fun?

I need some commitment and accountability right now. I am very close to the point I was last year, about this same time of year that caused me to maintain for 9 months instead of losing...
Welcome, the more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Monday I had some issues with wanting to snack after dinner, so I decided that I would save some calories for an after dinner snack. I did save some calories, but after dinner around 6pm I did 25 minutes of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred! I was pooped...and drank a whole bottle of water so I was full too! Then around 7:30pm I went to the gym and started my couch to 5K program....a quickie 30 minutes at the gym and I was done.....and of course more water cause I was hot and pooped.....

So, I never did eat those extra calories. I'm still gonna save some calories for an after dinner snack just incase I ever want one.....but I have found that exercising and drinking water is a good cure for the munchies!

Here's to a good Wednesday for everyone
Melissa, you were an exercise machine! Proud of you!
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #40  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi ladies, I'm back around. I'm feeling pretty sheepish and have gained quite a bit in the past month (last couple weeks since I've been gone actually). My mom stayed with me for a week and that week was entirely out the window, she wanted to eat out and eat junkfood for the week and I used it as an excuse to eat like a frat boy. I'm now up to 227, and sadly my clothes just barely fit. I'm pouting. I'm kind of feeling like a broken record, telling myself that I'm going to get back on plan, but then never doing it. So... I started today on the right foot. I'll hit the exercise tonight.

My DH is living in TN right now, while I'm still in SC so we see each other on weekends only. I'm apparently a lonely stress eater (which is awesome because that's exactly the situation I may be in for the next several months). I'm going to work through this and learn new coping strategies. I've not tried to modify my plan, but am starting to realize that I need to.

So maybe:
1350 calories on weekdays
2200 calories on weekends
Avg: 1600 calories daily. That means I could eat out with DH if he wanted to on the weekend. Maybe I'll be able to adjust the numbers closer after I get the hang of it for a while.

Also Goals:
Wt: 220 lbs by end of challenge
64 oz H2O
Exercise 4 days / week (on weekdays)
Get rid of the junk food in my house (I've already thrown out all the candy and icecream)

Hopefully my clothes will start fitting again soon.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 02-17-2010 at 11:36 AM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Alrighty. I did look at my weight this morning and i lost a pound which is good for straying from my plan and not exercising.
I did get my luch and breakfast packed and am in my office til 1:30 so today is going to be a very good on plan day!!!
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #42  

Tessa - Where is your hubby at in TN? Is he here for work or something? I'm sorry your going through a rough time. I know exactly where your coming from...July of 2008 I was kicking butt and taking names and I got down to 233 by that September......but then I just lost it! I let every single excuse under the sun keep me from being on track....too busy to eat right and exercise...I will start tomorrow....etc etc...and that was a year and a half ago....I have put it all back on and then some...I got up to 270, but I'm back on track finally and losing again.

Sometimes I kick myself when I think of how easy weight loss can be. You know back in Sept 08' when I was 233....If I would have just tried to lose 3-5 pounds a month right now I would be sitting at 153 - 185 pounds somewhere in there. And do you know how really easy it would be to just lose 3-5 pounds a month....I mean I wouldn't have to exercise nonstop....and I wouldn't even have to forego all my favorite foods. I could still eat out once a week or so.

I think time goes by so much faster than we realize. If we just set smaller goals or even just tried to maintain during those rough slumps....we would still be in a better position than just letting it all go.

I'm vowing right now not to do that again. I may not meet my 10 pound loss goal a month.....but any loss is a good loss that will add up!

Tessa - I hope you feel better soon....I know you have been struggling for a long time with ups and downs of weight loss....You are still so close to onederland! You could be there by this summer....Just think!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Good after nooon!! Doing good for the day. Went to McD and asked some questions. Got a grilled McChicken with out mayo. and a parfait. Got to the sandwich it indeed had mayo on it. I took off the top bun and all the mayo I could get off and ate it. Then enjoyed the parfait. That was better for me and my diet than the hot fudge sundae I wanted. Im happy! Weigh in this morning also made me happy with the scale goddess. 159.8 Made 150 something.~~~Got a wild hair and decided the color I dyed my hair was too dark. Got some color corrector and am processing now. Got light ash blonde color to put on afterwards. Keep ya all posted if I get to a light brown:-))))

Mel~Jazzy~Thank you foryour words of encouragement. I sooooooo need them. Now if my hairurnsout great I will be the happiest camper going!!
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #44  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Well, that could have gone better.

So one of my colleagues had her birthday lunch today. She wanted to go for Chinese food. I ordered pad thai but it was so awful, I ended up eating the fried rice, and my boss's crab rangoon, and a spring roll, and the wonton soup (small bowl )
Then, of course, with the (low fat) lemon cake I made her for desert, (individually portioned so I wouldn't over eat cake) I almost hit 1K calories for LUNCH!
Uugh! I could have done better... But on the bright side, I am still under calories for the day. I am going to practice tonight so I will get exercise, and I can put this behind me...
<sigh>
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #45  

Pat - Those were some good choices at Mickey D's...I so would have had them remake my sandwich correctly! But on a good note...the mayo that McDonald's uses is low in fat....and so is their ice cream! So, its okay if you want to indulge in their sundaes every now and then....McDonald's has all their nutritional info on line. You can even take off the things you don't like and see what the nutritional info is of the stuff the way you eat it. Check it out! You'll be even better prepared next time your out and hungry!

Knobhdy - I know what you mean about those get togethers! They are so tough! It seems like it is always someone's birthday or its a holiday or something. And you can go with the best intentions and then you see all that yummy food. But at least your aware.....just get in a little extra movement everyday for the rest of the week and you will knock out that 1K lunch....if you normally exercise 30 minutes go 45....or just walk 15 minutes from room to room in your house tonight during commercials or something. An occasional splurge doesn't have to get you down!

I have to report a HUGE victory for me today. My FIL called and asked my hubby and I if we wanted to go have lunch. We ended up eating at Subway....I had a 6" turkey on whole wheat bread with lots of veggies! I passed on the cheese but I did get light mayo. I passed on the chips and got the apples instead! I also had a diet coke. So...of my 500 calories that I had for lunch I got away with 400 and I ate out! I was super proud of myself for skipping the chips! I rewarded myself with a mini 3 Muskateers when I got home that was only 25 calories!

I'm feeling so much better already....and I can't wait till next Wednesday's weigh in!