Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #241  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post

I'm still trucking along. Can't seem to get back on the wagon, it's in view (just not on it yet). I'm going to exercise today. That's my committment (1 day). An hour on the stationary bike when I get home. It will be a start to getting back on track.
well i feel the same way like a .record lose 2 pound then gain it back with some friends then lose all of it and then back again. we will get there it is time to refocus and the hit it hard.

eny-- he is adorable.

Last edited by mrsaugie; 08-24-2009 at 12:39 PM.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #242  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

So I told you ladies I would exercise yesterday, and I did it! Day 1 of back on plan complete I hit an hour on the stationary bike last night, calories on plan at 1800. Tonight will be a repeat performance.-->Day 2 will be a success as well. I'll report back in tomorrow and set day 3 goals. One day at a time for now. I've got a health screening for my new job at the end of September where they will check my cholesterol, thyroid, blood pressure, etc. and I want to be sure and take the next month and make it count.

mrsaugie and melissa-- I understand exactly where you both are at. I feel like I've been spinning my wheels all summer. Personally I've been really down/depressed with being unemployed and the tight finances, etc. I'm up 5 lbs from May and I'm completely off track... but I'm going to just keep trying to string together several on plan days.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 08-25-2009 at 08:48 AM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Tessa - I can relate to the tight budget too!!!! I guess I replaced eating with shopping and stuff and now that I can't do that I am eating again??? This month has been extremely tight...but I get my student loan money next week....AND I have an awesome part time job now...so that is cool.

So...school starts next week. I'm gonna be one busy momma! BUT I'm determined to do better this semester. I talked to my husband about it last night....we both agreed this semester is gonna be tough on both of us, but it is my last semester of classes. Next spring I will be student teaching and that means no tests AND no studying AND no homework for ME!!!!!! So, it will really be like I'm working and I can start trying to get into a routine that will fit in everyday life. I'm so glad this is my last year of school!

Tessa - Good luck....I hope your day 1 of being back on track turns into a good day 2! I think we all need it!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!

Things have been just OK on the food/exercise front here.. I took a few days off from exercise last week because my knees were hurting, and then yesterday I didn't exercise because I was sick (sore throat and exhausted - don't know what was wrong!). I'm still feeling a little crappy today but going to get back on track!

Classes start on Thursday... well, Friday for me, I don't have any Thursday classes. I've got 4 hours of classes a week for the first half of the semester and 2 hours a week for the second half, plus 2 hours of mandatory seminars. Even when you add in the optional seminars and journal clubs and lab meeting and stuff... it shouldn't be too hard to get 40+ hours of research time in and still have time for cooking and exercise and whatnot.

I'm proud of everyone who is getting back on track, or staying on track.. keep up the good work!

Eny - congrats on the new happy, healthy, beautiful arrival! Your family is adorable.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #245  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I'm so glad to see ya'll posting and whatnot. Life seems to be rather busy: school, kids, etc. For everyone who's fallen off the wagon, I'm with you. But I'm slowly getting back on. Friday, I decided to cut out soda, cold turkey. I mean, all the sugar and empty calories just isn't good for me. I had a massive headache on Sunday from the time I woke up till I went to bed. I think it was from soda withdrawal. But I woke up Monday and I felt much better. Been soda free 4 days and counting! I've also made a routine of taking my vitamins with a container of yogurt as soon as I roll out of bed every morning. Also brought a box of those Bran Buds by All Bran and been putting a serving into my protein smoothie every morning (51% daily fiber in just a 1/3 cup!). I have two water bottle, 34 and 32 oz, and I've been drinking at least three a day along with a cup of coffee with Splenda every morning. I've been trying to get to bed at a sane time (no more 3 am!) and doing the whole 7 to 9 hours of sleep. Washing my face twice a day instead of just in the morning and doing the same with brushing my teeth, even using that mouthwash that's been sitting on my counter for the last couple of months. Using sunscreen in the morning and a face cream at night. Just....trying to take better care of myself with what I have, ya know? My phone has been off for like two weeks, my mama's finances are tight too. Should be on Friday hopefully. I applied for partial unemployment, hopefully I get something. i'm going to try for food stamps. The VA has a freeze on hiring until October so there's no hope of going fulltime till then. I'm just trying to make it.

Sorry for the rambling!

ENY! Landon is such a cutie, congratulations!

I'll post the weekly results later on today!

Love ya!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #246  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

It was good reading everyone's posts. Seems like a lot of us are in the same place, spinning our wheels. Maybe we can help motivate each other to end the year with a great loss, still!
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #247  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyPeggy View Post
It was good reading everyone's posts. Seems like a lot of us are in the same place, spinning our wheels. Maybe we can help motivate each other to end the year with a great loss, still!
I think also that a little fear of Eny coming back in a few weeks and me not having gotten anywhere while she's gone and her kicking my butt puts a little extra motivation in too.

Day 2 complete, a little high on my calories 2100 (planning went out the window, ended up with burgers for dinner because too tired/lazy to cook) I also went for an hour walk. Not as high intensity at the bike, but at least it was something. Day 3 is back on plan, with a healthy dinner and an hour on the bike scheduled (also about an hour of pushmowing).

I've got a challenge out there for all of you ladies that need a little push:
What about a race to 10 days on plan? Not 10 days in a row (maybe that's a little too much for all of us, we can try that next ). Any of you up for it? Post your goals and then update daily. We could start tomorrow?

My goals: 1750 calories daily, 50 oz water, at least 30 mins of exercise

Last edited by sprklemajik; 08-26-2009 at 01:38 PM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #248  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

WEEK #7 RESULTS

STATS:
TOTAL # OF PEOPLE - 5
TOTAL # OF WEIGH INS - 3
TOTAL # OF LOSSES - 1
TOTAL # OF GAINS - 2
TOTAL LOSS FOR WEEK #7 - .5

WEEKLY WINNER -Sparkle with a .5lb loss!

Kind of a down week for everyone, some people on vaca and such. But that's ok! We'll do better next week!

Last edited by JasonsLea; 08-26-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #249  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Sparkle ~ I'm down. I'll think of and post my goal tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #250  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Tessa, I'm with you. I typed this post yesterday and must have not submitted it. I actually made it on plan yesterday. 35 points, yay! No, let me change that I didnt' drink enough water. So today will have to be day 1 if I do it, and I will do it. I have to.

My goals

24 oz water
40 points or less
exercise 5 times

(WW only allows me less points, but a few weeks ago, I was allowing myself 40 and I was losing weight. I think if I am restricted too much, I rebel and overeat. Like yesterday, I allowed myself 40 but I only ate 35. So since this works, I will leave it at that. It must by psychological, lol.)

Last edited by JazzyPeggy; 08-27-2009 at 07:49 AM.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #251  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday I tried something new...SPINNING!!! The girl next to me, a friend that I went with, said we have only been at it for 15 minutes!!! Thought for sure I would die before the hour was up!!! But I made it and think I will try to do it once a week. It is at a different gym then the one I belong to so I would officially have 3 different places I workout at. Pilates studio, PF and the new one....who is this person I have become?

A little bummed since one of my goals for Labor Day was to reach 4500 minutes of exercise. I had one week (when my mom was in the hospital) that I did the least amount of exercise since I started my journey. I guess it is okay since I am maintaining but I really wanted to reach that goal and I don't think it is possible now. Do you think it's possible to do 1345 minutes in the next 9 days? That would be an average of 149 minutes EVERY day. I could try...The one thing I could do is this weekend do an adventure/trek...they last about 4 hours....mmmmm sounds good...hope it doesn't rain

Hope everyone is doing GREAT!!! Have a glorious day!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
What about a race to 10 days on plan? Not 10 days in a row (maybe that's a little too much for all of us, we can try that next ). Any of you up for it? Post your goals and then update daily. We could start tomorrow?
I'm in!

My goals: between 1200-1500 calories, and 1 hour of exercise each day.

Today specifically, I've got my meals planned out to come in at 1350 cals (even though I know I'm eating at Taco Bell tonight!) and I'm planning on running for 40 mins and doing ~30 mins of strength training.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Sprkle - you have until my 6 week appt. to get your butt back in gear before I start again! That gives you 3 weeks to get your poop in a group and jump back on the wagon! I suggest running to the wagon and jumping on it - it's great cardio!

Sheri - THANK YOU SO MUCH for the twinkle turtle! It's SUPER cute! I love it!

Mel - I understand the putting things off philosophy.. but you have to WANT THIS! My goal for the rest of the year is to lose something EVERY week. No more excuses of bad days/TOM/holidays etc. I WILL lose something EVERY WEEK! I'm not setting hard goals for the rest of the year... I'm just going to keep doing what I was doing that WORKED before I got pregnant. Although, my cal intake has to be a little higher since I'm breast feeding.

So here is MY plan:
1800-2000 cals/day
Light exercise until 6 wk appt.
Slim in 6 (beginning 9/17)
64+oz of water a day.

It's a simple plan - not a lot of crazy thought going into it - just steady work.

I know I'd LOVE to hit my wedding weight by the end of the year - but I'm not going to puch myself too hard and get dissappointed again. That's when I relapse the most.

I'm planning on coming back for the Halloween challenge I'm EXCITED! I miss you girls so much - and now that I don't feel like crap I'll be much more entertaining.

alright I'm off to ge and get Hunter to do her chores... I'll check back soon.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #254  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:

My goals: 1750 calories daily, 50 oz water, at least 30 mins of exercise
I like this!

60 min exercise daily
clean, OP eating
water water water!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #255  

Height: 5'6"

Eny, Congratulations!!!! Your children are beautiful!!

Well I missed weigh in but I'm still here. We've been extremely busy doing things around the house and I've been getting ready for school to start (we homeschool). I'll be glad when things settle down a bit. The last couple weeks haven't been that great for weight loss. I did lose each week but not as much as I should've. I had family in which always gets me off plan, we went to the fair and that food is not good for losing weight lol!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote