3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Jacqui_D 07-05-2009 08:42 PM

Glutio, girl, definitely come on here and vent! You're so right that there is a difference between discussing things with him and ranting about them. I just wanted to make sure that besides telling us, you were also telling him how you felt, and I'm so glad to know that you have! When I was young, I made the mistake of keeping things in. Then, when I finally started expressing myself, after about 15 years, it was a shock to my husband and not real fun for awhile. Thankfully, our love was powerful enough to survive the change! But oh, I perfectly understand about looking forward to time apart! My DH is a teacher, and when he's home for the summer, I love the time we have together, but I also look forward to when he returns to work because it allows me to focus on me again. :yes:

NSM, I know how you feel! I think I ate out too much in June. That may have played a factor in why I lost less weight than I usually do in a month. Although I always made healthy choices, restaurants just automatically prepare things with more calories or less filling ingredients and bigger portions so we eat more than we would at home. For example, I could taste the butter on any salmon that I ordered. At home I just use lemon juice and garlic powder. Pasta in restaurants is not whole-grain. At home, it is. Salads are made with mostly iceberg lettuce and have full-fat cheese, bacon, etc. At home, I use baby spinach and romaine lettuce, and if I use cheese at all, I use fat-free, and bacon is out of the question! So yeah, I think you'll see a difference in the scale once you get away from the restaurants! Good for you with your renewed determination! :cp:

Jacqui_D 07-05-2009 08:48 PM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
Jacque9999: Stay in the 120s

Newshinyme 07-05-2009 08:55 PM

Soul: I knew there was a reason I steer clear of those sections in the supermarket :lol:

Glutio: Are we married to the same man? Your DH sounds just like mine.

Jacqui: Thanks! Restaurant food is the devil. Who know what else they add to their meals on top of what you can usually see. DH just called to see if I wanted to join them at this super nice seafood restaurant I've never been to, and it was a bit hard, but I decided that the best thing to do was to skip it, I am not even hungry yet anyway.

glutio 07-05-2009 10:38 PM

Oh, look, another picture!

I grabbed this shirt to wear out the other day, and it just felt so HUGE. I really could have fit 2 of me in there, pulling it out at the belly. I remembered that I'd worn it the day before my wedding for the rehearsal and everything, so I made DH take a picture for comparison. I couldn't find a quality full-sized picture from the wedding, but I've got a blurry one! I'm not sure what I weighed then, but after I found my wedding dress, I didn't care about weight again. I was probably around 286, I think, and now I'm around 270. I can DEFINITELY tell in my face!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2666/...a01f47c455.jpg

Jacque9999 07-06-2009 06:57 AM

WOW this thread has been busy...I don't even think I have had one post here yet as it was a very BUSY weekend and I just didn't have time to check in much. Anyway, sorry no personals today. Hope everyone had a great 4th and is ready for July...we already a week into it!:carrot:

My goal for July is to stay in the 120's. So far I think I am already back out of them as I had a cheatin' weekend. But did get on track for dinner last night. Won't weigh myself till Friday so even if I am out of the 120's, hopefully I will be back in them by then :)

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 08:19 AM

Joci, so good to see you!! We've missed you!! What a wonderful goal--to maintain! :yay: I can't wait to get there!! I don't know if you'll have a chance to read through all the pages of posts, but I'll fill you in on 2-3 of the major events--Delphi had to take Canaan to Children's Hospital in Nashville. She left a couple of days ago and we're all waiting to hear from her. CMof4 and Ms_P went on vacation, but are still going to check in when they can. And CMof4's Mom is here! Her name is Late_the_the_Game (LTTG) and she's already lost 3 lbs this week!

Jacque9999 07-06-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2814500)
Joci, so good to see you!! We've missed you!! What a wonderful goal--to maintain! :yay: I can't wait to get there!! I don't know if you'll have a chance to read through all the pages of posts, but I'll fill you in on 2-3 of the major events--Delphi had to take Canaan to Children's Hospital in Nashville. She left a couple of days ago and we're all waiting to hear from her. CMof4 and Ms_P went on vacation, but are still going to check in when they can. And CMof4's Mom is here! Her name is Late_the_the_Game (LTTG) and she's already lost 3 lbs this week!

No I didn't get to read thorough the posts...what happened to Canaan? How long ago did they go to hospital?

:welcome: CMof4's mom...Late_the_the_Game (LTTG) and :congrat: on the 3 pound loss.

Couch 07-06-2009 08:34 AM

Glutio - definite difference in the face. And I'm bad at seeing this stuff!

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacque9999 (Post 2814508)
No I didn't get to read thorough the posts...what happened to Canaan? How long ago did they go to hospital?

She took him to the hospital late Saturday morning. He was having trouble with his feeding tube, getting sick after every feeding. She thought he wasn't keeping down his meds but she was afraid to give him more for fear of double dosing him. His breathing was also erratic and he was struggling all night. She was really afraid, but you know Delphi, despite her tears, she is as strong as they come, so she didn't waste any time in doing what she needed to do and getting him over to Children's Hospital. She thought she'd be gone a night or two, so I really hope we hear from her today!

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 09:08 AM

Good morning to all our ladies!! I hope we've all sufficiently recovered from the holiday weekend (or week for those of you in Canada) and we're ready to start this new week off right! :carrot:

NSM, good for you in passing up that seafood restaurant last night! That is hard to do! :yes:

Glutio, yes, I can definitely see a change in your face! It's harder to tell about the looseness of your top because of the pattern of your top, but your face is clearly thinner! Great job and keep sharing your pics along the way!!! It's inspiring! :cheer:

Hiya Couch! :wave: Have a great day!

I hope everyone has a great day! :D

Jacque9999 07-06-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2814523)
She took him to the hospital late Saturday morning. He was having trouble with his feeding tube, getting sick after every feeding. She thought he wasn't keeping down his meds but she was afraid to give him more for fear of double dosing him. His breathing was also erratic and he was struggling all night. She was really afraid, but you know Delphi, despite her tears, she is as strong as they come, so she didn't waste any time in doing what she needed to do and getting him over to Children's Hospital. She thought she'd be gone a night or two, so I really hope we hear from her today!

Poor Dephi and Canaan :(

just_a_dreamy1 07-06-2009 10:31 AM

Delphi - Thinking of you guys. :hug:

Jacque9999 - You're at my goal weight! It's so cool to see someone who is already there! You are one of my inspirations ;)

Glutio - Looking smokin'! Congratulations on your weight loss!

I drank too much this weekend. I only had four drinks in three nights, and they were all as low cal as possible, so I was good that way. But by last night, I was feeling a little out of control, because even though I didn't plan it that way, I ended up drinking less for enjoyment and more to try to forget about things that are bothering me in my life. So now the wine will remain firmly in the fridge for an undetermined amount of time.

Working on day 15 and my first bottle of water here. I'm off to my doctor's appointment at 10:30. I'm going to talk to her about my depression, and hopefully we can come up with a plan to get it under control. Please wish me luck...

Tummy Girl 07-06-2009 10:36 AM

Good morning lovelies, hope everyone's starting the day off right!

JasonsLea - enjoy all that time off, and woohoo on the 2.2:carrot:, that's an awesome loss.

Jacqui_D - I like that number better, I'd rather underestimate than over. With the other number I would have burnt more calories than I planned on eating yesterday and that seemed fishy to me, and thanks for looking up something I was too dense to do myself :D

Glutio - the honesty of that made me laugh, not in a mean way but in that shared pain of wifeyhood. That sounds like a big kick in the balls to me, maybe two and good for you for letting it out, b/c sometimes you can yell at them but I bet you we all understand a whole lot more than he does as to why you're mad. Hope you enjoyed your much earned massage. Sometimes it is nice just to have the space, when dh left for work last August I had 6 months w/o him and we found out where we were moving we had I think it was 5 days to get the house ready, pardon me, I had 5 days, with a two year old and a full time job. Needless to say I called all my girlfriends and one guy friend for the heavy lifting and we we up to 3 in the morning scrubbing my house. It was actually helpful not having dh there b/c he would have interferred in my cleaning army. The only thing that was horrible was leaving for work in the morning, drying out the shower and sink and washing the floor as I backed out of the house. I had to keep that bloody mop in my car, not to mention hiding all our daughters toys. It's a crazy time, but worth it and thank God it's usually short lived. I think if he was home someone may have died.

Skinny - "you aren't all that heavy" that just made my day sweetie! I don't think anyone has ever said that to me. But aside from that my HR is usually 75-85% while mowing because it's a crazy lawn but I never really feel worn out after I exercise or out of breath any more so that why it's so hard to tell now. It's just so hard to know and being that I'm such a freakie tracker person it bugs me when I can't figure it out. But I guess given your calories on walks it is possible.

NSM - :bravo::cp: and good for you, that's the spirit we like to see! You're now commited because we know, so we're gonna be checking on you now :) And I did find that cruel that our fat can actually make estrogen and estorgen tells our body to hold fat, like honestly, that's just not very nice of our body at all. But it does make sense that b/c it sure is easier to get fatter when you're already fat! I will miss some of the testosterone though it does help build muscle, loss weight faster, not to mention that sex drive but maybe once it's a bit more normal I just have the good without the bad, we'll see.

Jacque - Good to see you back :wave: Congrats on making to (and past) goal, I must have missed that while I was away.

Delphi - :hug: and hoping your all doing ok

That was super chatty, must be in a talky mood today. My run is done, got to head out to finish the lawn, I really should take a picture of the stupid thing with all my ranting about it, lol. Got most of my house guest cleaning done just floors to wash this afternoon and already finished dusting before 7am, finish the yard and I think it's ready to go. They're also arriving four hours earlier than expected so I guess I should figure out what to feed them too.

And Glutio, the one thing I asked dh to do, as he has been working everyday for the last 4 or 5 days - to go outside on the extension latter and wash the outside of the living room window once the sun set so it won't streak. And guess who still has bird crap on her window, yup this girl does!

Have a delightful day all and since Sandye's away DRINK YOUR WATER!

Jacque9999 07-06-2009 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=Jacqui_D;2814523]
Quote:

Originally Posted by just_a_dreamy1 (Post 2814729)
Jacque9999 - You're at my goal weight! It's so cool to see someone who is already there! You are one of my inspirations ;)
I drank too much this weekend.

:thanks: And didn't we all drink/eat too much this weekend? That's the thing...if you do (as I did) you need to prepare for it...which I did last week (hence reaching goal)...then...I don't feel so terrible when I go off plan....and then get right back on as soon as the weekend is over.

Good luck on getting the depression under control. Been there done that and I know it is a process and can take time...but you can do it!!! :goodluck:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tummy Girl (Post 2814744)
Jacque - Good to see you back :wave: Congrats on making to (and past) goal, I must have missed that while I was away.

:thanks: Hopefully I didn't blow it too badly this past weekend and weigh in on Friday is a good one!!! Hope you had a nice vacay...where were you anyway?

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 11:12 AM

Dreamy, good luck with your dr's appt! :crossed: A few of us here have experience with depression so we know how difficult battling it can be. Yes, definitely stay away from that wine for now. It is not the right answer for your emotions or your body! :nono: :hug:

T_Girl, wow, you are being so productive! Good for you!! :carrot: