3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 03:10 PM

CMof4, yes I have eaten! :dancer: Have you been drinking your water today girlie?! No more of that slipping up!! :D

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 03:29 PM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs

mystical 07-03-2009 03:53 PM

Good afternoon ladies, Finally I did it I have had a great day POP not to mention I have been keeping up with my daily plate and entering in my workouts. I got my first walk in and this evening I will do another one. I have to break it down to twice a day right now because I can't do it all at once yet. With a little luck I will get there one day.

We had planned on going to Niagara Falls this weekend but husband is on call all weekend so I get to go shopping for my new furniture instead. We will take the boys to the Falls next weekend. Can't wait I haven't been there yet and I have lived in Ontario for a year now. LOL

I am struggling with getting in my water everyday how do you ladies do it. I have been a diet pop and tea drinker for years and I am struggling to not drink it. Any tips with that?

Have a great afternoon ladies. Keep up all the good work. : )

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 04:25 PM

Mystical, great job on being OP today!! :carrot: About the water, completely cut out the diet pop and tea. That's what I had to do. If you do not like water (I didn't when I started out), having something sweet to drink will not help you to start liking it. Some here, like Delphi, like their water super icy cold. I don't particularly like ice in my water and don't mind even room temperature water, so everyone is different. You'll have to figure out what works best for you. Also, I always have a bottle of water with me at all times. That really helps because I reach for it more when it's close at hand. Hope this helps!

mystical 07-03-2009 05:20 PM

My husband laughs at me because I will get a glass of just ice to eat so yes I have to have all my drinks Ice Cold... :) I will try that I am not buying anymore pop but the tea has been harder since I still fix it for my husband and my two teen boys but I am really going to make an effort to drink water for most of the time. I am going to need your help through this one though LOL

Gekster 07-03-2009 05:23 PM

Mystical- I quit soda a while back, was completely addicted to it, and unfortunately it was diet soda so it made it all the worse. Diet soda is made with aspertame, which is an artificial sweetner that is the by-product of different poisons mixed together, it is also very addicting. The problem when quitting diet soda is that you are fighting off the addiction to caffeine and the aspertame. I know you said you wanted to stop the tea, but if you are making the tea yourself it isn't horrible. You get some water and since it has less caffeine than soda it can help with weening yourself off. As for the water, try to keep some in arms reach all the time so that will be what you reach for. You are doing great! Keep it up.

glutio 07-03-2009 05:51 PM

crazymamaof4, I make my friend take measurements, too, and she HATES me for it. She says she doesn't want to do it or that she doesn't want to know but then she makes me tell her and then whines about it. She says she can't add them together and think of that number as a whole and then she can't deal with only seeing half and inch or 0.

OMG!! My doctor's appointment earlier this week when I found out my liver is ok, the doctor said he wanted me to try Ambien CR for my sleep. Now, I suppose this could be from just how much I'm doing lately, but the GoWear Fit is showing things for sleep that I've never seen before. Last night was my 4th night with the Ambien and I slept for 5 hours and 58 minutes straight!!!!!!! The first night was pretty normal looking, but I had a sleep efficiency of 90%. I had a 4 hour and 18 minute block on Tuesday night, 3 hours and 10 minutes plus 2 hours and 28 minuted on Wednesday, and the 5 hour and 58 minute block yesterday. I hope this is really working!!

Also, after yard work, I weighed again before my shower and saw 269.5!!! Woohooohoo!!!

candtlove 07-03-2009 06:44 PM

Good evening all. I did alot of walking today. Not exercise, but I've been on my feet most of the day.

Mystical, I too love everything ice cold and I'm on my way to get some ice water now.

Happy 4th everyone. *See* you all when I get back online.

Delphi 07-03-2009 07:23 PM

Hey ladies, I'm checking inbetween movies. My younger son has the big TV, so my five yr. old and I are streaming movies on the computer, but thought I would check in and see how you ladies are. Love checkin' all the news. You gal's wont see this bird early in the morning tomorrow. I'm sleepin' in..:woohoo:

Mystical, I have to drink my water ultra cold...it stays in the freezer when I'm not drinking it and I am a crushed Ice fanatic...I always have a cup of ice by my side. ;)

Anywho, no time for personals, I'll catch up in the morning when I get to be all lazy and stuff. You ladies have a great evening. :)

Tummy Girl 07-04-2009 12:31 AM

Hey Chickies missed you!

Before I get carried away I do not want to forget my goals for July: 10lbs this month, I want to see 189. If this trend keeps up I can see a new weight decade every month, that would be sweeeet.

I am going to set aside like, maybe six hours to catch up in the next couple of days, I mean come on ladies I was only gone 7 days!! The weather was terrible, freezing cold and rain every single day, and we had a blast.

Wonderful to see all the lower numbers since I've been away, congrats to everyone!

Extra good news, down to 197lbs, lost 2.5 while on vacation!?! This was the first time I've managed to respect myself and enjoy myself at the same time. I have never done moderation before, it was wicked. I mean I had wine, and pancakes and even some apple pie (all time favorite!) but I estimated those calories kept them in my range and walked for 2.5 hours while we were there. I feel like I may have discovered the answer to the universe, portion control.

Well, it's a happy lady heading off to bed so I can get up and run first thing, it's been 7 days without running and I'm dying to get out on the open road again.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Gekster 07-04-2009 01:09 AM

Tummy! Glad to have you back girl. Sounds like your vacation did wonders for your spirit. Congratulations on losing, but even more so that you were able to control yourself, I think that is the key to long term maintaining! You should be so proud of yourself, I am!

just_a_dreamy1 07-04-2009 01:55 AM

Checking in while I have a sec...

Finally at the end of a long, crappy week, but my 7 day evening shifts stretch isn't finished until Sunday. :p

I had a good food day, and I even managed to almost reach my max calorie limit with healthy foods. I think I haven't been eating enough for the last few days, so I'm going to focus on getting all my healthy calories for the next couple days.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

susiemartin 07-04-2009 07:55 AM

Tummy -
Good to see you & glad you had fun.Amazing where "going the middle way" i.e moderation, will get you :)

Hope everyone has a terrific 4th of July. Nothing much planned here. A day working outdoors and grilling hot dogs.
I'm down another 3lbs :carrot: and hope to be in the 220's by my birthday in exactly 2 weeks.

iDream 07-04-2009 08:56 AM

Good morning ladies and Happy 4th Of July!!:celebrate:

Jacqui~ glad you hear you were eating like you should all day! :) How'd the cookout go? I bet you all had a blast! Hope that HUGE salad and the veggie tray did the trick and that you didn't need the :dust: after all! :) Oh, and I did get all 128 oz in yesterday :D

Lewis~ So, did you make it to 12 yesterday? :) I'm so proud of you, drinking all of your water!!! :carrot:

Mystical~ congrats on a great day yesterday! I hope you have fun shopping for furniture!! :) As for water, I have a 64oz bottle that I fill up right after my workout. I start drinking as soon as it's filled and sip while cooking breakfast. I then head to the office, jump on here, type my replies while I eat and sip, sip, sip...Usually by the time breakfast is gone and I post my reply, I've got 12-20oz in (sometimes more). I head for my one cup of coffee next (Mmmm gotta love a hot cup of coffee!:coffee:) and once that's gone it's nothing but water the rest of the day. I've never been a big soda or tea drinker, so that's never been an issue, but I used to struggle with getting water in. I find if I make a concerted effort to get all of my 64oz in by the end of my lunch, then I'm good. Some days I can't, but other days it's easy peasy. But for me, having all 64oz in one container is what helps me get it all in. You might find that you like yours ice cold (my 2nd bottle usually has tons of ice) or straight from the tap, with lemon maybe? Just try to drink as much water as you can before endulging in other beverages. :) (sorry for my water novel :D)

Gekster~ I had no idea you could have a sweetener addiction!! Wow! I'm going to have to tell hubby about that--he's a diet soda type of guy and man alive he loves Gatorade!!! He's awful about water, truly he is!

Glutio~ :carrot: Woo hoo! Oh I'm so happy to hear you're getting more sleep!!! :yay: What awesome news! Congrats on the loss as well! You're doing such a fantastic job!!! :)

Cand~ walking is exercise! :D Way to stay active!!

Delphi~ are you still sleeping??? :D Hmmm? I hope you enjoyed your leisurely morning! You deserve it! Any big plans for the 4th with the boys?

Tummy~ :carrot: Welcome back!!! Oh you sound like you had a blast! Congrats on LOSING on your vacation!!!!! :yay: That's freakin' awesome! Wanna send me some of whatever it is you have that made that possible? I'm gunna need it this week! :lol: I am so proud of you for exercising portion control--that's a tough thing to do--especially on vacation! Glad to have you back--have fun catching up, these girls have been uber chatty!!! :D

JAD1~ sounds like you had a awesome food day! WTG!! :carrot: You're on your way girlie!! Sounds like you had a rough week--I hope after Sunday you can get some rest!

Susie~ :broc: Congrats on the loss! Wow! 3 more lbs? I'm so happy for you! That's awesome!!! Have fun today!

Well ladies, TOM is really starting to mess with me. After getting all of my water and staying POP yesterday Darth Scale said I was up again! 159.8 :mad: There's no logical reason for it other that TOM coming up. So, I'm going to try not to be too irked about it and just focus on staying OP today. Portion control will be the name of the game today--hubby's making ribs (insanely good ribs btw) and they'll be insanely high cal (covered in brown sugar and bbq sauce), mil is bringing baked beans--more high cal, but at least there's some fiber right? And corn--not the healthiest of veggies...So, I'm going to load up on a spinach salad first and have just a little of the ribs and beans. After that we're heading to our neighbor's house and there's bound to be tons of goodies there--but I'll be full so I won't even look at them right? Right!

It just occurred to me that tomorrow is my WI and measurement day! I'm leaving before dawn tomorrow so I'm not sure I'm going to have time to measure! Egads! What is my poor OCD brain gunna do? I can't NOT measure!! Maybe I should have Delphi call me and wake me up at Delphi o' clock! :lol: I'll be off on my weight too I bet...sigh...oh well.

Okay girls, well, I need to color my hair, fold some laundry, start some laundry, do a quick pick up of the house...lots to do before my ils get here and I still need to pack my suitcase for my trip. If I don't check back later, have a wonderful 4th and :dust: to all who need/want it and of course, don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!
:D

Tummy Girl 07-04-2009 09:47 AM

Morning, back from my run and showered and coffee and ahhhh...

Crystal - Thanks for the nice thoughts, I am pretty proud of me too :smug: Awesome to see you're still keeping on!

Penelope - :wave: Look forward to getting to know you and maybe when I catch up on all the posts I missed I will!

Susie - Nice picture! Woohoo 3lbs and 2 weeks for 3lbs? That's in the bag, I'm pulling for you.

Cmo4 - WTG on breaking the 150's, all the things I miss while I'm gone! I think the secret was that I started TOM while on vacation, couldn't see a scale, was psycho with my portion control, worked out the best I could (I forgot my knee braces so walking was all I dared to do) and on the two day trip home I was able to control my food entirely instead of grandma cooking for us so whatever water weight or bloat came it left before I saw it. I will hope that holds the same for you. Have Fun!!!

Delphi - Helllloooooo out there! Enjoy your sleepy time.

Time to make some breakfast before the wee one rears her head, then off to restock the groceries in mother hubbards cupboards and my too big clothes that I returned have arrived in their smaller versions so I'll go grab those too.
Oh and another pound died today, 196.4! Fanfrickintastic.

TTFN