3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Blondie32 07-04-2009 10:07 AM

Good Morning Ladies, Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th:celebrate: Hey Delphie Just wanted to ask if you can give me an example of what you eat for the day?:D It might help me in my eating. I don't eat hardly any bread, potatoes or pasta. I am kindof at a stand still. of course TOM is in town though.
Hello everyone and congrads on all the losses already:cheer:

Delphi 07-04-2009 10:20 AM

Good Morning Ladies :wave:

Sandye ~ No plans for us. Will be just another day here. I think it's even supposed to rain at some point. There won't be a local fireworks show, given budgets cuts this year. This is the first time I can remember that they canceled the show. I'm sending some :dust: your way for the gatherings planned. I'm sure you will be just fine darling..have a great time.

Susie ~ You WILL get there and hot dogs sound yummy. I think I may have one today, just cause. Have fun. :)

dreamy ~ I'm of the mindset, that as long as you are putting the "right" kind of calories/nutrients into your body, then you are doing just fine. Enjoy your weekend to. :)

TUMMY ~ :hug: HEY YOU :wave: How the **** are ya? Missed you to and thrilled your back and oh my firmly in those 190's I see :carrot: :broc: :carrot: Good for you! Really good to have ya back sweetie. Nice to hear you guys had a great time but even better to have ya back...umm, did I mention that already? ;) Welcome back! :hug:

Glutio ~ That's great news. I sure can tell things are looking up for you and that is a great thing indeed. :)

Blondie ~ Sure thing, but let me get things straightened out here and I'll get back to ya. :)

As for me, I had a pretty rough night considering. For the past week or so Canaan has had trouble with his bolsters and the pump. A bolster feeding is when I hook an extension tube to his MIC KEY button and use a syringe to feed him. So anyways, he has pretty much been getting sick after every feeding, so much so I was scared to death to leave him on the pump at night, because the pump is a continuous feed. I'm afraid to re-give meds, because I'm not entirely sure if he is getting them or if they are coming back up and definitely don't want to double dose him. His breathing is erratic and sounds like the little guy is struggling for air. The poor thing can't get the stuff to come up, which is another neurological side affect. So that just had me worried to death last night as things are seemingly getting worse. This morning, not much better. Put in a call to the pediatrician, but more than likely if he gets worse I'm gonna carry him down to the children's hospital.

I pride myself on being a very strong woman, but it's moments like these, I feel so weak, helpless and angry. I have to lock myself in the bathroom so no one sees me crying. I know when I take him, it's the same ol' two and four. This is what happens and aspirating is what got my precious baby into all this mess to begin with.

So I've finally got him quiet (I've been trying to write this for over an hour but keep having to get up to calm him down ) and guess I'll give him a good ol' sponge bath and see if I can get some meds down him, if I can't we will be headed to the emergency room at the children's hospital in Nashville. Which always means an over-night stay, let's just hope they can do something for him. He certainly isn't comfortable if he can't breathe. I won't remain idle and see him suffer every waking moment, I will not.

So on that note, I'll bid you ladies farewell. If we do end up going, I'll let you guys know.

Jacqui_D 07-04-2009 10:42 AM

T_Girl, it's great to have you back! :hug: I'm so glad you had a good time! And great job putting yourself first and eating right on the trip!! Congrats on losing 2.5 lbs!! :yay: I'm so proud of you!! :carrot: And I just read you're another lb down!! :woohoo:

Crystal, I SO agree with with you about aspartame! I drank Diet Dr. Pepper for years, but now hearing studies linking diet pop to weight GAIN, because possibly it causes insulin resistance, makes me question how unhealthy it really is! :chin:

Candtlove, good job staying on your feet yesterday! Being off the couch and burning calories is always a good thing! :cp:

Delphi, good for you sleeping in, sweetie! You deserve it! :yes:

Dreamy, I hope your next week goes well! :hug: Good job on healthy eating yesterday and with more calories! It's good that you are aware of needing to get in enough calories. Too many people try to go way low, thinking that's the right way to lose weight, and it's not!

Susie, congrats on your 3 lb loss!!! Woohoo on the panties!!! :cheer2::cheer3::cheer2: Good for you!! :dancer:

CMof4, I did extremely well at my cookout last night! Thanks for asking! I skipped all the pastas and potatoes and fatty meats. I stuck with veggie dishes that weren't casseroles and my veggie tray and had a bit of pulled pork without a bun (they only had white flour buns), and skipped the desserts! And I didn't feel deprived at all because what I ate tasted really good! I played some cornhole with family and chatted with friends and we topped it off by watching the town's fireworks! It was a good time! :)

Good morning, Blondie! :wave:

Glutio, I'm so glad that the Ambien seems to be working for you! A good night's sleep should help with your weight loss too! :yes:

Mystical, tea is not as bad as diet pop, but do try to cut back and stick with the water as much as possible, at least until you develop a taste for drinking water! Plus, that way, your kidneys don't have to work to clear anything away from what you drink and the water will do them worlds of good! :yes:

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July today!! :sunny: My DH and I are grilling out chicken breasts and red-yellow-orange peppers! Yum! :)

Jacqui_D 07-04-2009 10:47 AM

Delphi, you posted at the same time I posted, so let me update, Oh, my dear, I will start praying for Canaan immediately and for you! :hug: I agree that if you don't get a call back soon from the doctor, you should take him to the hospital. I am so sorry that he is going through this, bless his heart, and that you are so stressed and worried! :hug: It just makes me want to cry, but I am going to start praying instead. Do what you need to do and know that we are thinking of you! :hug:

Jacqui_D 07-04-2009 10:52 AM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs

glutio 07-04-2009 11:02 AM

I ate too much crap yesterday, but it was runrunrun all day long! I haven't been able to potty yet, so I'm up a pound, but I'm ok with that. :)

We're about to head to Oxford, MS where DH used to live so he can see all of his friends from there before he leaves town. We're also taking baby kitty to his new home. Here's hoping he does well.

lookingtobehealthy 07-04-2009 11:13 AM

Congratulations to all you losers. You are all inspiring to me...
I guess once I got on the scale it wasn't as bad as I thought. Weighed in this morning at work and am down to 242.8
Started on July 1st at 244... so that's allright...
Anyways I am trying out the elipitcal machine during my morning break, and will walk for 5 min instead of 10. I am hoping that this change will make things move a little quicker.

On another note, the maternity leave I am covering for is almost up, and will be putting in for a new position here at the hospital.
If I get the job I applied for, it would mean no more weekends-yeah....
Ladies have a great weekend and enjoy your American holiday. We just had Canada Day here....:carrot:

Delphi 07-04-2009 11:35 AM

Alright ladies, we are off to the hospital, so if you don't hear from me tonight or tomorrow you know why.

iDream 07-04-2009 12:05 PM

Delphi~ Oh it just breaks my heart to hear Canaan isn't well, you are such a strong woman and he's oh so lucky to have you as his Mommy! Sending out huge amounts of prayers and hugs your way! Do keep us posted! :hug::hug::hug: I hope that the drs do something to help his breathing and make him more comfortable!

Jacqui_D 07-04-2009 12:47 PM

Delphi, I am just holding my breath to hear good news from you! Our best wishes and prayers go with you!!! :hug:

Looking, congrats on your weight loss! :carrot: I've just started doing the elliptical and it's strenuous, but I really like it. I'll keep my fingers :crossed: that you get the job, so no more working weekends! :dancer:

Glutio, have fun on your visit, and I'm glad your kitty is going to a good home!

Late to the game 07-04-2009 01:51 PM

Happy 4th everyone, I hope you all have fun today. I am invited to a friends, but I think I'll pass. I'm tuckered out, and at my age, a nice quiet weekend is nice! I am down another .8 today! This despite having a generous portion of spaghetti (whole wheat at least) last night. I just finished my upper body w/o, and am going to town on my water.

DELPHI ~ My thoughts are prayers are with you and your little guy.

SKINNY ~ Isn't it nice to get out and move and feel good? For years I was told that I would feel great after exercising, and didn't believe it. What a dummy I was!

GEKSTER ~Good for you for putting yourself first. I have a little trouble with that myself :)

SANDYE ~ Have fun today with GM and MM. Is he bringing cake? I'M down 2.2! How 'bout them apples! You gotta love the first week of a diet!

nellonello 07-04-2009 03:57 PM

I totally blew it last night. I went to a BBQ and ate way over my calories. The scale is up almost 3 lbs from yesterday morning :yikes:. I just got back from a 4.5 mile walk to help me feel like I am getting back on track. It is amazing how hard it is to take the pounds off and how easily they come back on.

JasonsLea 07-04-2009 04:57 PM

HAPPY JULY 4TH! :celebrate:

What's everyone doing today? Me, I'm at work. But it's cool, things have been actually ok at work for the last two weeks. I actually don't care anymore, I'm career now so the kiddie gloves are off! :lol: I'm making my holiday money today and I took off for tomorrow. Sounds like a great weekend to me. :)

Yesterday, Mrs. A took me around looking for apartments. They were all closed for the holidays but I got the names and numbers. I'm going to be calling about prices on Monday and Thursday, Mrs. A is taking me to go look at the ones I choose. I should be getting my TSP withdrawal around Thursday so I'll be able to put my deposit and first month's rent down (I'm not moving till August though).

I've been missing my mama's cooking like crazy lately. :(

Will try to post more tonight. Peace, loves! :grouphug:

Gekster 07-04-2009 05:03 PM

Delphi- My thoughts are with you guys, I hope everything works out well and your DS feels better.

Blondie32 07-04-2009 05:04 PM

DelphieJust want you to know you and cannan are in our prayers.:hug: