3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Newshinyme 07-03-2009 06:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I thought I'd beat Delphi this morning but no luck ;)

It's 3 AM here and I can't sleep, so I thought I'd come and visit you gals since I've been MIA for a couple of days.
It was a holiday for us on Wednesday and hubby decided to take Thursday off as well, needless to say, he threw my routine out of whack. Fortunately he's going back to work today at least for a few hours which I shall use to exercise properly and take care of myself. No small feat since I am having one of those TOM's that are no fun at all (seem to be happening every other month).
Anyway, I guess I should try and get to bed and get a few hours of sleep before I turn into a zombie. I will come back in a few hours to try and catch up with all the action I missed this past couple of days.

2beautiful2Bfat 07-03-2009 06:31 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. For some reason my scale didn't budge! Any ideas why that happens? Yesterday and today my weight is the same and I started a week ago and every other day I lost something? Is it just because you can only lose so much in a week?

mystical 07-03-2009 07:03 AM

Good morning everyone,

Hope you all have a wonderful day. I am finally getting some energy and not feeling so tired. I am up and cooking a good breakfast this morning. After I get some food in me I will get a few chores completed so I can start my day out with a run **Cardio**Cardio** I do believe it gives me more energy. I am trying to do half in the morning and half in the evening.

Delphi Your are awesome thanks for always being so upbeat. You are such and inspiration to me. Keep up the good work!

I gotta run for now but I will check in later to see how everyone is doing.

SkinnyJeansInWaiting 07-03-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gekster (Post 2810966)
I also created a daily plate account so I can see the percentages and everything. I like it better than just journaling, but this is only day 1.

I am going to check this out, thanks for mentioning it. I have been wanting a way to keep track of calories and percentages and am not liking fitday all that much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Late to the game (Post 2811016)
SKINNY - I feel your pain. The past is past. Look forward! If I knew how to add those cute little icons I would give you one. Baby steps! Slow and steady wins the race. Altough if you are inpatient as I am, it is hard to believe that. You will get back in the groove, you've done it before, you can do it again :)

Your .6 lb. is better than a gain, right? I say good job! and i know you're right, it will just take time to get into it again and feel good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruby5839 (Post 2811068)
I was at a wedding and one of my parents' acquaintances (an old man who was drunk at the time) told me I should exercise then I would be much prettier. I think it's important that you recognized your feelings, because now you can use them as motivation, too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ruby! I hope it was wonderful for you! and OUCH on the wedding experience. I can see where that would motivate you, and you are so right. i have to use this as motivation. I am already starting to turn my thinking around, thanks to you great ladies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi (Post 2811102)
Skinny ~ I was there a few months ago :hug: It's difficult to get past that emotional stage, but once you do get that emotion under control, you can then take control of your weight and making those lifestyle changes you need to take the weight off. Do not despair my dear, as fortunately being overweight is REVERSIBLE. You can change it, you just have to be willing to commit to changing it darling and then just do it.

I can assure you ladies I am down another pound, this is gonna sound weird, but I can tell by my belly and how I can suck it in. Since I didn't weigh before I started this is how I gaged my weight gain before. This all happens in the bathroom. :lol: My grandmother keeps saying I should get one of those George foreman type grills. She says that would be perfect for me. Sorry ladies when I do cook meat, it taste like it should be slapped on a tire.

Okay, I am taking control and turning it around TODAY. You have such a positive, smart outlook, thanks for helping me turn my mind around. On the stomach thing...I do something very similar! I can always tell by my stomach and right now it's not a pretty picture :(

I can't cook either but the george foreman is SO SO great, you really should try one. You just stick it in there and push the top down, then take it out. You can't mess it up really and it comes out perfectly done and is fast....you can get rid of that sodium, girl!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2beautiful2Bfat (Post 2811107)
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. For some reason my scale didn't budge! Any ideas why that happens? Yesterday and today my weight is the same and I started a week ago and every other day I lost something? Is it just because you can only lose so much in a week?

It's not going to go down every day, so if that frustrates you don't weight every day :) sometimes it is even going to go UP for various little complicated reasons only the body knows and you just have to deal with that sometimes. Welcome to the group!

canadianangel 07-03-2009 07:45 AM

Good morning all you wonderful ladies!!

I have to omit i havent been on plan..ive been under alot of stress with my daughter and her health..today she has to go in for 2 bi opsys...and we found out that she has a very high thyroid problem..at the age of 9. I was sitting here last night and realized that i only had a cup of soup to eat the whole day..so i made myself a double protien shake( i was stuffed when i finished it), i took me about a hour to drink it, but i got alteast some calories in.

anyways im off, to take my daughter in for surgery, hope you all have a day full of sunshine!!!

love
ang

Delphi 07-03-2009 08:23 AM

Alright, extended my ST this morning to 75 minutes. As the first 10 minutes is warm up exercises and the last 5 or so are CT, so I figure I'd balance it out more, since I do a stand alone CT today as well. Anywho, my back is freakin' killing me. Darn Maya and those reverse flys and bent over rows...argh! I hope the TV doesn't mind me shouting the occasional obscenity every now and again. :lol: Whew, but I feel groovy, back and muscles hurting and all. ;)

canadianangel ~ Ah hun, big :hug:, I know how difficult it is dealing with a child with extensive medical problems. Let me give you a little advice, you MUST be as positive as possible. Not only that, but you NEED to take care of yourself. Who is gonna take care of your daughter, if you are not healthy. I learned a long time ago, that I couldn't let Canaan's condition, constantly get me down. I'm assuming that your daughter is functioning as a normal child would but with some medical issues...right? If that's the case she will pick up on your feelings and emotions. What she needs right now, is for you to pull it together and be as supportive and positive. And whatever you do, do not lose your hope, for a brighter day. Also, I've spent too much time at the children's hospital, but what always helped me was observing all that was around me. The children there are absolutely inspiring. They are going through so much and can still find joy and happiness in the smallest of things. It's amazing! Take care and keep your chin up. :hug:

Skinny ~ :woohoo: I am thrilled to hear that. You just keep telling yourself you can do it. Because at the end of the day we can. This is not a disease that we are stuck with. You have to want it so bad you can taste it. Can you taste it skinny? Do you REALLY want to commit to it? If you do, then jump on board and we will lose those pounds together. ;)

Mystical ~ Sounds like you have a great day planned and even better you have the energy to do it. Some times we have to fake it to make it, but it works. Lord knows I did last night. I was REALLY depleted, but I did it. Hey thanks for the upbeat comment. I do try. I fortunate enough to have a glass half full perspective on life, these days. I love it but I guess it gets annoying for some. :lol: Oh well, that's life. Some of us like living it and others like complaining about it...you simply have to choose which side of the fence you want to be on. ;)

2b2bfat ~ Welcome aboard again. :) Your body needs time to readjust. Plus if you have added exercise, you could be retaining water. Rest assured, if you are POP, then you ARE losing the fat, even the ol' Darth Scale doesn't translate it. Patience...and your hard work will be rewarded dear. :)

NSM
~ Hahhahaha! I'm always first, though when Jacque was around, she made it here a few times before me. ;) Sorry you were having trouble sleeping and I do hope you laid back down and got some rest.

Ok, well I'm gonna go log my food and exercise and then take care of some cleaning around here. I have loads to do and then tomorrow is my day off and a high calorie day. :woohoo: You ladies take it easy. :wave:

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 08:41 AM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs

Late to the game 07-03-2009 08:42 AM

On my way out the door, but had to share - I'm down .8 today!

mystical 07-03-2009 08:55 AM

canadianangel Good luck with all the testing. You just keep your chin up and take care of yourself so you can be strong for your daughter. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today. :)

Skinny I use the daily plate and I love it so far. It helps me to keep track of everything even tells me how many calories I have left that I can use for the day. I think you will love it as well.

Delphi WOW I will sure be glad when I can get to where you are with the workouts. I feel like I am about to die just doing 15-30 minutes of cardio. You are my hero :) I have a treadmill and I have "The Biggest Loser" DVD's I also have the WII Fit do you like the Active for the WII is is worth the money?

Ok I am now off for the cardio workout and finishing up on organizing our moving boxes. With two teenage boys I never know where they are putting anything LOL Hope you all have a great day.

glutio 07-03-2009 09:04 AM

I haven't been still long enough to track my calories lately, but since I'm doing WW points, I am tracking those. Access from my phone helps a lot! I do know that I've burned more than 3000 calories the last two days (normal without exercise is 2500, with exercise 2800 to 2900) so that rocks!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo close to the 260's!! My morning weigh in just now has me at 270.0!!! 269 is the lowest I remember getting to in the last 3 years, although it may have been a few pounds lower. I'm sooo excited!! Plust, 257 is 10% of my starting weight and 250 is my first mini goal! I'm totally on my way there, and you guys have been a MAJOR part in keeping me going!

Now, off to work in the yard before it gets too hot!

Delphi 07-03-2009 09:17 AM

Glutio ~ That's great! You are almost there girly keep it up.

Mystical ~ Believe it or not, I was where you are two months ago. I my first exercise goal was to use my treadmill every other day and I just went head over hills when I hit my first mile and now I'm totally addicted to exercise. So it will come, no worries. It was real tough for me at first to, but I made it and still going strong. ;)

LTTG ~ :carrot: :broc: :carrot: Way to go...your hard work is paying off. Keep it up. :)

Alright, I've exercised, cleaned my room and made the bed, finished the dishes and cleaned up all the toys laying EVERYWHERE, now I'm eating my fiber bar with my water and catching up. I think I'll start on my bathroom next.

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 09:32 AM

CMof4: :yay:::yay::yay: How fun that you fit into all those clothes!!! :yay: Good for you, girlie! I bet you are looking fantastic!! :yay:

:welcome: Paisleyprincess!! Good to have you! I've added you to the list! Good luck!

Hi Blondie! Hope you got your workout time figured out! :wave:

Couch, so funny! :lol: You really made me stop and think about how I need to get off the couch more though!

Skinnyjeans, good for you checking in, girlie! You NEVER have to hide from us! You know, by sharing our obstacles and challenges, we help others just as much as when we share our successes, because we all go through the rough times at one time or another (if we didn't, we wouldn't have gotten into this shape in the first place). And if we see that others can get through the hard times, we realize that we can too! You are going to be a success story, you hear? And once you reach your goal, your story of weight loss/weight gain/weigh loss is going to help someone else keep from giving up when they are feeling hopeless! Everything happens for a reason and everything happens when it's supposed to, and your day is coming, so you keep at it! You are going to do it for good this time!! :hug:

Glutio, oh I know, dear, lol! Your head must be spinning! :dizzy: But great job on being SO close to those 260s!! :carrot:

Crystal, good for you doing your yoga! :broc: And that's wonderful that your dbf joined you!!! :carrot:

LTTG, CONGRATS on being .6 down!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer: That's your first loss with us! I'm excited! There's lots more of that coming, girlie! :D As for the cute little icons, if you will click on the "post reply" button at the bottom left of the page instead of just typing in the box at the bottom, another box will pop up for you to type in and the icons will appear at the right of the box, ready for you to click on. Click on the "more" link to see all of them! :yes: And I just read, you're down .8?! Woohoo on the panties!! Great job!! :carrot:

Ruby, :bday2you::hb::woo::gift::balloons: Have a safe, fun time with your friends tonight!! :celebrate:

Delphi, CONGRATS on being another lb down!! And I know you are, because you are the QUEEN of losing those lbs consistently! :lol: I know what you mean about using your "tummy gauge" to know when you're down a lb. I can always tell that way too, and it's always accurate! So good job! :carrot:

NSM, I've missed you girlie! I'm sorry TOM is messing with you and keeping you from sleeping well! I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

2beautiful, that is perfectly normal for the scale to stop going down and even to go up every few days. That's just how your body does it. It's almost like when you lose weight, your body holds onto water to make up for it, and then when it releases that water, you see a drop again, and around and around it goes. As long as you are staying OP, just be patient and don't worry about it. It all comes off in the end! :yes:

Mystical, good for you! :carrot: I'm glad you have more energy today and that you made a healthy breakfast and have a productive day planned out! Looking good, girlie!

Ang, I wish you all the best with your daughter's surgery! I will definitely put her and you in my prayers! :hug:

I am holding steady today weight-wise, but tonight will be a challenge because I'm going to a cookout. However, I am taking a tray of veggies, so at least I'll have one healthy thing there to eat! I have no intention of blowing my chances of reaching the 170s this month! :)

Gekster 07-03-2009 10:17 AM

I am a little disheartened this morning. I'm up 1.7 lbs? What? The only thing I can possibly imagine is that the strength training is making me hold on to water, but still. It says I'm over 287 which just makes we want to cry. Oh well, off to do some cardio.

iDream 07-03-2009 10:18 AM

Goooooood morning girls!!!!:flow2:

Blondie
~ Have a great day hun! Don't forget to get your water in and workout today!! :)

Couch~ :lol: I loved reading your post! As often as our remotes go missing around here, I have begun to think that our couches have minds of their own! ;) Congrats on the loss and the new boney bits!! :carrot:

Skinny~ :hug: Oh hun, I sooo know how you're feeling! I think we all do. I had lost and regained the same weight over an over again, I would start out all determined and gung ho and promise myself that THIS time it would work. That THIS time would be different and I wouldn't treat my body poorly. However...each time I slipped up and it seemed like it didn't take much for me to throw in the towel and start the weight gain all over again. You CAN do this, you're strong enough and you have the abililty. Yes, you regained weight that you lost, but don't let yourself focus on that as a failure. Look at is as an opportunity to learn. Figure out what went wrong and do things differently. You are here committing to a healthier lifestyle and that's the first step. Those first steps are the hardest, but take them--it will be so very worth it and you will feel sooo good about yourself! :hug: Hang in there hun, remember, we're here :cheer: you on!!! :)

Glutio~ hope all is going well with the moving prep hun!! :) Congrats on the loss again! You'll be in the 160's soon!!! :carrot:

Gekster~ :carrot: Woo hoo! You are doing great! I gotta tell ya, I've been feeling pretty unmotivated this week and reading about how you've been feeling the same way and how you're toughing it out and doing your workouts anyway--it's been really inspiring! So thank you for that! You should be wicked proud of yourself! And bravo to your bf for working out with you! Think he can call my hubby and get him on board too? ;)

PaisleyPrincess~ :welcome: Glad to have you aboard! :)

Mom~ :carrot: Woo hoo! Another .8 lbs gone for good! Yeah baby! That's awesome! I've heard great things about Greek yogurt too--you should definitely give it a go! Do you have a Trader Joe's in town? I've heard they have awesome yogurt. Hope you can find a weight bench soon, I know it makes the upper body workouts so much easier on the back. ;)

Ruby~ thanks for the pita tip! I've never heard of those, I'll have to see if I can find them. Regarding the Chinese food (YUM!) be sure to drink lots and lots of water today, tons of sodium in that stuff and it can really make you retain water. Happy Belated Birthday too hun! :celebrate: I hope it was a great one! :)

Delphi~ :cry: Awww, you got me all misty! Thanks for the sweet words! *sniff* Man, it's times like this I wish we all lived in the same town--I wanna have a giant :grouphug: right now! Ah yes, we are on the same cycle--Jedis that we are--why does TOM have to torment us with crappy moods and retention? Ugh! For what it's worth, retention or not, I believe that you're down a pound! I KNOW it! I think it's great that you have such a great understanding of how your body works and that you keep going 110% no matter what Darth Scale says--you know what's up! ;) Thank you so much for posting that bit about the alcohol! I haven't been drinking at all since I started this and I was considering having a drink or two while on vacation, but I think I'll just continue to abstain. :) Lastly, talk to me about your high calorie days...I'm curious how that works.

NSM~ Man, up at 3:00am and still couldn't beat Delphi--now how fair is that? ;) Hope you got some more sleep and I'm sorry TOM is being such a jerk to you this month! :mad:

2Beautiful~ there's all sorts of reasons why the scale doesn't budge, water retention, muscle gain, etc. This is why it's important to take your measurements! (yes, ladies, here I go again :D) Taking your measurements will help you to see that even when the scale doesn't budge, your body is still changing. I've had times where the scale doesn't move all week (like last week) but my body is shrinking. Muscle weighs more than fat, remember that! Try not to get discouraged by what the scale says--because it can't tell you, "yeah, you're same weight as yesterday, but that's because you lost a pound of fat and gained a pound of muscle". Hang in there, take your measurements and keep at it! You'll see that scale move again soon! :)

Mystical~ Glad to hear you're getting some energy back! Wanna give some to me? :D Have a great workout and a great day! :)

Ang~ :hug: Aw hun, everything Delphi said was such great advice, I'm not sure I have anything else to add. But, I wanted to say that I'm sorry that your dd is going through medical problems and I hope that everything gets treated and cleared up ASAP! Big giant :hug: to both of you! Hang in there and remember, we're here if you need us! Take care of yourself, get some rest, EAT and keep yourself strong! :)

Jacqui
~ thanks hun! :) You hang in there tonight! Cookouts are so tough! So much good food...Mmmm, but you show that food who's boss! You WILL make the 170's this month--no doubt about it! Hey, I was right about you starting the month off with a loss right? Yeah, I'm right about this too! I KNOW you can do it!! Yeehaw!

Okay, well, one last group comment: I wanted to clarify the "Woo hoo on the panties" comment that you'll be seeing from time to time. Last month I announced to the group that I had to buy new panties because my granny panties were too big, well, in her enthusiasm, NSM (thank you Delphi for the correction--me and my crazy mommy brain!) replied with a 'Woo hoo on the panties' and we all thought that was pretty funny and ever since it's kind of become a catch phrase. So, just in case any of the newbies (including my Mom ;)) was wondering what all that was about...well, now ya know! ;)

Not much going on here today. Up a smidge to 159.6 today and I KNOW it's rentention. When I went to bed I realized I didn't get as much water as I normally do (I left my water bottle outside after I vacuumed the van) and just knew I'd wake up with puffy fingers and a gain. Yup. Sure enough. So, I'm really going to have to be sure to get in all of my water in today!

I have a ton to do today also--clean the house for company tomorrow, pack the boys' & girls' suitcases, finish the laundry, get the dirt out of my driveway (I really, really, really don't want to do it!!!), run to the store tonight and pick up tortillas for my wraps and fish food pellets for the fishies...oh I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. So, if I'm not on as much today, that's why. :D

You ladies have a fanfreakin'tastic day and be sure to eat well, be good to yourselves and of course...

Drink Your Water!!

:D

iDream 07-03-2009 10:20 AM

Gekster~ Hun, blow it off! You are staying POP right? You are NOT gaining fat! You hear me? You are gaining muscle! Ignore Darth Scale--remember, it isn't the end all be all of your journey! I'm sorry it's being mean to you this morning, but you keep up the GREAT work you're doing and keep looking forward! :)