3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Couch 07-08-2009 07:21 AM

:hug: Delphi. So sorry.

One week, and things are going well in this corner of the world. Well apart from rediscovering my addiction to cake. Sigh. But it was all within my calorie allowance, so I'm down a kilo.

It's been six months since I weighed in at 122kg and restarted this journey, which means I have lost 23.2kg (49.6lb) in the past six months. I hope no one minds if I claim that I have lost 50lb in six months. It's such a nice round statement, and it's true, if I round up:D

Late to the game 07-08-2009 08:01 AM

:carrot:COUCH ~ Congrats! 50 big ones

As for me, I am up another 1.0 lb. I am so mad at myself I could spit. Not only did I not work out yesterday, but I had a bowl of ice cream last night:(
My plan for today is cardio and upper body, and no ice cream!

mystical 07-08-2009 08:41 AM

Good morning ladies:

Delphi I am so sorry you are going through all of this. Keep your chin up and follow your heart. You are a very strong woman, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug: :hug:

Couch Awesome job on the 50lbs gone keep up the good work! :congrat:

Late to the game Don't worry about yesterday today is a brand new day! Looks like you have a great plan for day as well, keep your chin up you can do it. :workout:

Today is my official one week WI and I am down 7.5 lbs. I don't remember the last time I have ever lost any weight. Today is my big day with my trainer (first session) I will check in later and update you on that.

Have a great day and keep up the good work!

Jacqui_D 07-08-2009 08:58 AM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland--MET GOAL!!; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
Jacque9999: Stay in the 120s
Petunia418: Lose 10 lbs

Jacqui_D 07-08-2009 09:11 AM

Delphi, oh my, my heart is just breaking for you. I know you are strong, but how can anyone be prepared enough for what you are going through? I wish so badly that I could help you in some way or that I knew the answers so that I could advise you. May God bless Canaan. You are so right that no child should ever have to endure so many trials and tribulations. You have every right to be angry. What he has been through isn't fair at all. But rest assured that his rewards, though not of this world, will be great...they will be so very great, and someday we'll all understand. I will continue to pray for you, Canaan, and all your boys. :hug:

L R K 07-08-2009 09:47 AM

Couch well done on that -50lbs! Amazing! :cp:

L R K 07-08-2009 10:14 AM

Glutio lol! Sometimes we love them, sometimes we just want to :boxing: Hang in there, try not to kill him!

Delphi My prayers and thoughts are with you! I am glad to see you home and trying to get some rest. Oh and I know that reaching onederland wasn't exactly as eventful as it should have been for you but but I am proud of you! Congrats! :cp:

late_to_the_game Damn PMS! How can one little thing alter our plans so much?!? What a pain.

mystical nice drop and goodluck with your trainer! Have fun! :exercise:

As for me, I am having a good day so far. Didn't sleep too well last night so I am feeling super tired and have no energy!! However I am not going to let that get in the way of my day. :yawn:

Yesterday, I signed up for 2 classes at my gym which I am excited about! I have been doing at least 1 class a week so I thought i'd make an attempt at 2. Last week after the bootcamp I was pretty sore so I will see how I go next week. Step + Core on Mon and then Bootcamp on Tues then my regular cardio + weights for Weds and Thursday. :exercise:

I hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Bye for now.

Jacqui_D 07-08-2009 10:34 AM

Mystical, down 7.5 lbs?!!! Woohoo on the panties!! :bravo: :yay::cheer::yay: That is fantastic! :dancer: I'm so proud of you! :congrat:

Couch, OMGosh girl! You lost 50 lbs in 6 months!!! :carrot::broc::carrot: That is incredible!!! :bravo: I'm so proud of you!! Woohoo on the panties!! Keep going!! :congrat:

LTTG, okay girlie, time to talk turkey! :drill: In your exercise goals, you give yourself a leeway of one day off a week. I'm all for leaving a little wiggle room like that, because things do come up. So for the first week of July (July 1-7), we'll call yesterday your rest day. Today starts the second week of July, so in the next 7 days, you can take another rest day if you need to; however, not with ice cream! :nono: It is so easy to slip up a bit here and slip up a bit there and slowly but surely fall into all your old bad habits that got you to your high weight to begin with! So do try not to compound your slip-ups, and when you do slip-up, get right back on track! Don't talk yourself out of doing the right thing! Once you reach maintenance, you can plan things differently, and make many more allowances, but right now, while you are trying to lose weight, you need to do what it takes to lose the weight! Unless, of course, you are just planning to lose weight really slowly, like 1 lb a month! But somehow, I'm thinking that isn't your plan for weight loss! Yep, seems to me Sandye's not the only one who needs nagging, lol! Get back OP, chickie!! :hug:

Glutio, lol, I couldn't help but laugh at your description! Any of us who have been married can definitely relate!!! Men are like on their own planet! :yes: Lol!

Joci, you look mahvelous, dahling!!! :D Those bikini pics are fantastic!! Good for you!! :carrot:

Ms_P, I'm so glad you checked in! It's unfortunate that you have so little control over the food you are presented with, but eating more salad and less of the main dishes sounds like a good plan! Great job on staying away from the desserts and on getting in the exercise! I'm glad you're having fun! :dancer:

CMof4, I'm so glad you checked in too! Watching the portions as you are eating out is a great idea! Good for you!! :carrot: But um, what's this about cake? And you exercise on your rest day to make up for the cake, but then skip exercise on a workout day? How does that make up for cake then? It seems to me you just traded one workout day for the other, and the cake calories are just left hanging! C'mon girlie! You are on vacation, but not from eating right, exercising, and losing weight! You are already in a bind because of having to eat out; don't go making it worse than it has to be by convincing yourself that desserts are okay too! If you want to lose weight slowly, go ahead and eat cake, ice cream, whatever, but if that's not your plan, stick to your plan! Eat as well as you can and exercise! You know you want to stay in those 150s!! And you can do it! :cheer: We miss you, girlie! :hug: (How was that for nagging, LTTG? :D)

Merose, I love tea too! When I was a child, I had an English babysitter/nanny, so we had tea every afternoon. I love Earl Grey the best. Chai is wonderful too! And in recent years, I have developed a great appreciation for green tea because of it's health and weight loss benefits, so I drink it almost exclusively now. I have never tried white tea, but because of everything I've read about it, I am eager to try it!

Crystal, I'm glad you dropped the .2 off again! Try not to let normal weight fluctuations upset you! It's all part of it! :hug:

T_Girl, I'm forgiving too, but like you, that would upset me! I hope you are able to get your point across about how inconsiderate your guests' actions were when you had gone out of your way for them! Of course, I'm sure the rest of their visit will go very smoothly, but I do not blame you for being upset about the first night! :hug:

Nello, c'mon girlie, you can do it! Vacation will end and you'll be left with extra lbs if you don't make the right but hard choices that you know you need to make! But good for you for keeping up with your walking! Keep us posted! :cheer3:

Lauren, I'm sorry to hear you are up a lb, but I'm so glad you're having a good day today and that you're looking forward to your classes!! Stay OP now, and you'll drop that lb and more! :cheer2:

NSM, I was mesmerized by the MJ memorial too! I still can't believe it. :(

As for me, I am eating OP and exercising everyday so far! I'm maintaining my 179 lbs, so I'm pleased! :carrot: Today is the first day of the second week of July! Woohoo! Let's make it a good one! :dancer:

glutio 07-08-2009 10:41 AM

Woohoo!!! I'm officially in the 260's!!!! After seeing the low 270's the last few days, the scale ready 269.5 this morning!! Here we go!!

L R K 07-08-2009 10:44 AM

Glutio well done! Yay! :cp:

nellonello 07-08-2009 11:09 AM

Glutio - Way to go!!!:carrot:

Gekster 07-08-2009 11:33 AM

Okay, looks like whatever was going on has stopped. I'm down .7 this morning.. that's more like it! I was getting so frustrated with the gaining for almost a week straight. The past two days I haven't been able to do normal exercise, but I've been doing tons of running around and its so hot that I'm definitely sweating. And my food has been good, but not that different from when I was gaining, I dunno, but I'm not going to question it.

L R K 07-08-2009 11:44 AM

Gekster yay for the .7 drop! :carrot:

nellonello 07-08-2009 12:28 PM

Gekster- Congrats on the 0.7!! Maybe your body just needed a little change of pace.

Jacqui_D 07-08-2009 12:45 PM

Glutio, congrats on the new decade!! :carrot: Looks like all the extra cleaning your DH is sticking you with has some unexpected benefits! :congrat:

Crystal, congrats on being .7 down! :broc: I really do think your body was holding onto water in its attempts to repair your muscles after those hard workouts you did. Even when you are POP, a weekly fluctuation of 1-2 lbs is not unusual at all during this weight loss journey!