3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Late to the game 07-02-2009 08:06 PM

Way to go, Sandye! I knew you could do it!

2beautiful2Bfat 07-02-2009 08:48 PM

Can i join too? I want to lose 10 lbs. My starting weight was 212 so my goal weight is 202

Jacqui_D 07-02-2009 08:57 PM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs

Jacqui_D 07-02-2009 09:13 PM

2beautiful, :welcome:!! No it's not too late to join! Good to have you! I've added you to the list! Good luck!

LTTG: Good for you staying OP and for buying that 64 oz water bottle! :carrot: I've never tried Sunnyside yogurt. I love Activia! I like the full-fat kind the best, but I've switched over to light, and I'm used to it now. If Sunnyside is the kind you want to keep buying, maybe you'll get used to it!

Mystical, I'll say a refrain that I have heard over and over: Don't forget to eat!! If you're like me, when you eat healthily, your body doesn't send strong hunger cues! (But the junk food sure does!) But it's still important to eat so that you don't get low blood sugar or slow down your metabolism!

Delphi, it will be an NSV if it lasts! We'll see! :yes:

iDream 07-02-2009 09:19 PM

Good evening girls! I decided that I had to check in before going to bed because I was waaaaaay behind this morning!

Delphi~ lovin' the new avatar! You sexy thang you! You're an animal with all your cardio! I hope you get some good sleep tonight girlie!

JAD1~ I agree with Jacqui--low blood sugar might be what made you all shaky. It happened to me back before I made sure to eat snacks between meals. Be sure to eat every couple of hours if you can--it'll help. :)

Gekster~ that a girl! You're so right! You know what it's going to take to get that weight off and you're doing it! Woo hoo! I'm so glad that you're seeing your hard work paying off! :) Don't you worry about the weekend, I'll unload on ya tomorrow and scare ya real good! You won't nibble on a cucumber without thinkin' of me with my rolling pin! :rollpin:

MsP~ I am officially jealous! I just vacuumed out the van and didn't have the drive to scour it--plus the kids were beyond crazy tonight (why am I braving this drive again? Heaven help me...). Anyway, WTG getting your van all squeaky clean for the trip! Have a safe trip and check in when you can--and be sure to DRINK YOUR WATER!!! :D

Jacqui~ glad to hear you're eating when you should! I completely forgot to nag you and Delphi about it too! I'll be sure to harrass you girls more often. ;)

Glutio
~ yup, yup, yup! Definitely see a difference girlie! Woo hoo! Keep up the great work hun!

Merose~ congrats on the loss! Keep up the great work!

Mom~ woo hoo! I'm so proud of you!! Yeah, my workouts aren't the same now without you--singing to Dave all by myself :cry: Did you get a workout bench? Glad to hear you got a water bottle--that'll help tons with drinking water at work. :) Um, not to spill the beans or anything, but you forgot to mention your loss this morning! :D Ahem--you need to update the girls, how else are you gunna get fun little :cheer:s and :carrot:s? ;) Thanks for the congrats--now for those last 9 lbs...Sorry that Sunnyside does not make you swoon...I've still got some of your Yoplaits...wanna come over? :D

2Beautiful~ :welcome:! Jump right in!! We have a great bunch of girls here!

Well ladies, it's been a long day. A long week actually. PMS has reared it's ugly head and I've been so grouchy! Enough is enough! Come on TOM, let's get this thing going and get it over with for Pete's sake!

On a positive note, after hitting the 150's this morning, I felt gutsy and decided to venture to my closet...

I have all of my clothes divided into 'can wear now', 'can almost wear' and 'hope to be able to wear soon'. Most of the later catagory is Winter stuff, including my size 12 Misses Levis 550s...well, I decided to give them a go. The last time I tried them on, they were way too tight and I couldn't zip them up. Today, they fit! Yeah, they're a little on the snug side around my lower abdominal area (but everything fits tighter there since my c-sections), but the legs actually had room in them!!! :carrot: Well, since that went so well, I decided to hit the area I call, 'My Long Lost Youth' :lol: I have dresses hanging there that I haven't worn for 15 years. Some are from those cutesty little Jr's stores where everything runs insanely small, you know the type...anyway, I grabbed one...it fit! Granted it didn't look as nice on me as when I wore it last, but IT FIT!! So, I grabbed another and another...they all fit!!!! :woohoo: I was stunned! The most shocking dress of all, the one I wore to my wedding rehearsal, fit (and showed me that my legs have a long way to go in the toning dept, lemme tell ya ;)) and it's a size--are you ready for this?!?!--it's a size 8!! :faint:

Girls, I'm telling you, I could not have gotten here without you all! Heck, I couldn't have mustered up the courage to even try those clothes on if it weren't for you (and Delphi has to get some credit because she was talking about trying on clothes again the other day and that kind of sparked my interest in retrying some stuff on)!! Thank you, thank you, thank you all! You are the most wonderful bunch of ladies ever and I am so very thankful I found you!

Geez, I say that a lot don't I? :lol:

Okay, well, I've babbled long enough and I need to get my butt to bed so I can get up early tomorrow for my workout!! :D

Have a fantastic night girls! :)

Blondie32 07-02-2009 09:52 PM

Good eve Ladies, Just wanted to drop in and say Hello, See ya in the Morning;)

Couch 07-02-2009 09:56 PM

Right everyone, this is your couch speaking. Get up. I'm getting squished. Gekster, I'm looking at you in particular. You promised you would get up and do some yoga. Unless everyone gets moving pronto, I will eat all of your remote controls and hide them under my pillows. This is not an idle threat, you all know how good I am at hiding remotes.

Sorry, couldn't resist:D

I'm going quite well so far. I'm down 0.6kg (1.3lb) since the 1st, and I'm feeling good:) My jeans are falling off, and I've done lots of exercise this week. I am feeling a little tired, as I'm not sleeping that well. It's ridiculous, but I can't get comfy - I have all these new bony corner bits that get in the way. Just call me the Princess and the Pea:lol:

SkinnyJeansInWaiting 07-02-2009 10:26 PM

I'm making myself check in even though I really want to just hide and cry. I'm in that beginning phase where I feel so fat and gross and it's hard to move and I keep thinking back to where I was just less than a year ago and it makes me so disgusted and angry with myself! How did I let myself get back to this? I swore I would never go back to feeling so disgusting, so horrible, and yet here I am.

I am going to visit my family next week and it's hitting me that the last time they saw me I had lost a bunch of the weight and they will be shocked to see I didn't keep it off. I am so ashamed I do not even want to go, which makes me sad and even more disgusted with myself.

I am trying to exercise but I am so worn down, tired, and it feels like my body is this cement statue that can't bend or move and I am just dragging myself along. I know the solution is lots more exercise but I can't remember how long it took last time before the movement felt better or more natural.

Anyway, I am making myself do the exercise anyway, it's jsut so hard to realize I can't do a fraction of what I was doing just a couple months ago! I really just want to shoot myself because I did this to my body AGAIN!

I'm going to take it 10 pounds at a time...by the end of the year I could be back under 200 and that is what keeps me motivated. I don't want to lose all that weight and gain it all back IN THE SAME YEAR! That's insane!

glutio 07-02-2009 10:43 PM

Jacqui, thanks! I just have so much going on right now, I barely remembered to post! It's no wonder I didn't try to claim I gained weight!

mystical, I'm in west Tennessee for the next month or 3 in Memphis.

Gekster 07-02-2009 11:14 PM

Okay guys, just wanted to let you know I did as I said, my BF got home and we did TBL weight loss yoga together. It was nice to have company and I have noticed that I am becoming more able to do the poses and hold them longer! I also created a daily plate account so I can see the percentages and everything. I like it better than just journaling, but this is only day 1.

Delphi and CMo4- thanks for being there for me on the weekend! It will make me be sure to check in which will make me want to stay OP.

Couch- Very cute :) and good job on the losses.

CMo4- YAY on clothes! That is so awesome. My pants are starting to slip down a little and I cannot wait until I can try on the stuff that doesn't fit now.

LTTG- Yay for drinking water and getting in those weights, very important.

paisleyprincess 07-03-2009 12:15 AM

I would like to join in. I weighed 242.0 on July 1st. I would like to lose 12 lbs and weigh 230 lbs by the end of July.

Late to the game 07-03-2009 12:20 AM

SANDYE - Okay, here it is girls. I lost - are ya ready?- .6 lbs! No, I didn't find a bench inexpensive enough. I found one on Craigslist. If it is still available this w/e, I'll contact the seller. Go ahead and eat my Yoplait, you'll love it.

SKINNY - I feel your pain. The past is past. Look forward! If I knew how to add those cute little icons I would give you one. Baby steps! Slow and steady wins the race. Altough if you are inpatient as I am, it is hard to believe that. You will get back in the groove, you've done it before, you can do it again :)

JACQUI - Sunnyside was the only one on sale ( I usually buy only what is on sale) but it is so no Yoplait. I think I will treat myself to the good stuff from now on-no matter what the price!

COUCH- Awesome results!

GEKSTER - So nice your BF is on board. My DH, though supportive, does not want to join me.

DELPHI - Congrats on the B-cup. I always knew I was losing weight when the girls went into hiding ;)

Gekster 07-03-2009 01:10 AM

LTTG- I was talking to the girls a lot about this last month, but my BF says he wants to lose, but doesn't actually do anything, though is mostly supportive of me.. Except for the times he brings home sweets.. Anyway, he came home and I offered to have him join me. I told him I was doing it with or without him because I told the girls I was doing it, so I was committed! He didn't really say anything, but after dinner we watched some tv and after a program was over I changed the channel and got up to start. I looked over and he was doing it, I was shocked! But this may need to happen more often.

ruby5839 07-03-2009 01:49 AM

Mystical - It's nice to see another GTA-er! Aren't you glad we're finally going to have a nice sunny summer-like weekend for a change? :)

Peachykeen62 - I went to California pizza kitchen for the first time ever when I went to Las Vegas in February and it was DELICIOUS! Good for you for not giving in to temptation.

Mommaof2lilmen - Cute name :) Welcome to 3FC and the challenge! This board, and especially this thread, is fantastic.

LewisEmpire - Congrats on the loss!

Delphi - 3:45 am?! 5am?! Wow, you're an early riser! That's like the time I go to sleep nowadays, LOL! You're absolutely right about exercise feeling way better than stuffing your face. And I can see why you get online first thing in the morning. It really is motivating to get on here and get some inspiration/encouragement.

Susie - Your avatar is so cute :) I hope you had a good walk in the rain.

CakeBatter - I don't know much about running races and what kinds of stress you shouldn't put on your body, but have you tried water aerobics or swimming laps? It would be less stressful on your joints and you can adjust your speed to make it a light workout.

Sandye - Congrats on getting down to the 150's!! I don't know about tortillas, but I love this thin flax and oat bran pita that's low carb and low cal at just 60 cal a pita by Joseph's. Not sure where you can buy them, but maybe if you Google it you can get more info. And Size 8's?! That's amazing! What a fantastic feeling that must be!!

Jacqui - Over Halfway there?! Congrats! That's fantastic :D

Candtlove - Congrats on your loss! Hope you make your goal for the week.

MsPerception - Have a great trip! Good luck staying OP.

Dreamy - If the rubbery feeling wasn't from low blood sugar, another possibility could be low potassium levels. I remember feeling really light headed/out of it and tingly all week one time and it turned out my potassium levels were really low.

Gekster - That's awesome that you did the work out vid and yoga! I love the daily plate. It's got most brands on it too so it makes calorie counting more accurate.

Glutio - You can definitely see a difference in your face! More definition of your bone structure, which is always fantastic. Hope your house cleaning is going well.

Merose - Congrats on the 2 lbs! 7 lbs will be easy schmeasy now!

Late to the Game - Great job with the water and exercise! I'm trying to up my water intake too. Let me know if the 64 oz bottle helps you meet your daily intake.

2beautiful2Bfat - Welcome and good luck!

Couch - Looks like it's almost time to buy new jeans! Yay to bony bits!

SkinnyJeans - I know that feeling too well. I was in the same situation last year. What was worse was a few months ago when I had started losing weight again but was stalled at 150, I was at a wedding and one of my parents' acquaintances (an old man who was drunk at the time) told me I should exercise then I would be much prettier. I was so mad and insulted! It also depressed me because at that point I was already exercising a fair amount. But after some venting and sulking, used it as motivation.
I think it's important that you recognized your feelings, because now you can use them as motivation, too.

Paisley Princess - Welcome!

Well, as for me: I did a super quick 15 min guilt-induced strength workout and a 30 min speed walk in while running errands because I was late for an appointment and I missed the bus. I'm going to have to start my goal for being POP for 5 days on Saturday because it was my birthday today and I went out with my parents for Chinese food (yikes! don't want to think about those calories) and I'm going out with my friends tomorrow night. I'm planning on doing a long cardio workout and some more strength training tomorrow to try to counteract the drinking and late night munchies.

Delphi 07-03-2009 05:59 AM

Good Morning you sexy ladies! :wave:

Ruby ~ Happy Belated Birthday dear! Alright, here comes some tough love dear. Alcohol is absolutely the worst thing you can put into your body while dieting. Not only does it slow your metabolism to a crawl, it actually releases a chemical into the body that will store fat. It is empty calories on top of that, just be forewarned, whatever you put into your body will not be metabolized as energy if you are consuming alcohol. I don't know what kind of plan you're on, but look up the kind of drink you usually drink when you are out and just put a calorie intake with it, it may not seem to appealing after that or at least to where one is all you have. Anywho, have fun sweetie.

Gekster
~ You get a big :woohoo: and :congrat: on getting that Yoga in. You get another :carrot: :broc: :carrot: just for it being Yoga. I've tried, Lord knows I've tried to do yoga, and I'm just not flexible enough. Stretching your body shouldn't be that dang difficult. :lol: Good for you darling. You continue to impress me daily and your commitment to this is inspiring.

LTTG
~ Just a suggestion, but have you ever tried Greek Yogurt? I haven't, as I'm not a yogurt eatin' person, but I've read, loads of research and see it mentioned all the time on these forums as well as others. It is supposed to taste like heaven and be the healthiest type of Yogurt on the market. At any rate, :carrot: :carrot: on being down that .6....it's only downward from here girly. :)

Skinny ~ I was there a few months ago :hug: It's difficult to get past that emotional stage, but once you do get that emotion under control, you can then take control of your weight and making those lifestyle changes you need to take the weight off. Do not despair my dear, as fortunately being overweight is REVERSIBLE. You can change it, you just have to be willing to commit to changing it darling and then just do it.

Couch ~ It's funny you mention the bony bits and not being comfortable. I've been feeling actual bones in my body and in odd places and it freaks me out. I feel it and I'm like, What the **** is that? :lol: I do hope your sleeping patterns straighten out soon. Sleep is yet another important part of recovery for our bodies. :)

Sandye ~ You are just full of good news, but first I think you have the pre-TOM symptoms. I think we are on the same schedule and I've been feeling like my energy is being drained from me, not to mention retaining water this morning, so lets hope he comes already, but it will probably be next week sometime. So back to ALL the groovy NSV's for you. :congrat: and three :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:'s for you darling. I'm so happy for you and soooooo PROUD of you. You've really given this all you have and it is paying off big time for you. Your drive and patience never cease to amaze me and I'll have to admit, I dropped a few tears reading your post. I just can imagine how you felt putting on all those clothes and all of them fitting. I know you are so happy and that inturn makes me so happy. Keep up the great work Sandye. I'm so F'in proud of you darling. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Alright, whew, dem der's a lot of posts to read. At any rate, as I mentioned to Sandye, I think this is pre-TOM week and my body is starting to retain already...urg! I'm cool with that, but prepared for it as well..mentally I mean. Some times when we don't see a loss or see a gain and we don't know whats going on, it can be discouraging. However, with keeping a daily log as I do, I've got a good grasp on my fluctuations and what causes them, so I don't blow a gasket when I see I'm up a little. The more data you collect about your body, the more information you have to make sense of what is going on.

I can assure you ladies I am down another pound, this is gonna sound weird, but I can tell by my belly and how I can suck it in. Since I didn't weigh before I started this is how I gaged my weight gain before. This all happens in the bathroom. :lol: When I got to the point where I couldn't squeeze the belly in, I knew it was time to get back in the saddle again. These days, it's almost like a magic trick when I suck that baby in..fat girl, skinny girl, fat girl, skinny girl..:lol:

Hopefully, when I stop retaining the water I'll be down another two pounds, so you ladies wish me luck with my delusional thinking. See yesterday I kind of exceeded my sodium intake by 2000. So I KNEW I'd be all puffy this morning and that I would be up and I was. But you know what, that chicken rice I ate yesterday was SOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT. That stuff was awesome and then I added some sodium filled grilled chicken breast in it and then some pepper...oh my, just heaven and good, good, good! You ladies know I don't cook, so I try to make the best choices when it comes to the food I buy, I don't buy junk, but I do buy processed food. But I'm very wary of every food label. I don't buy anything I haven't examined thoroughly. Unfortunately, the cut up strips of meat I buy to add in salads and with my rice are LOADED with sodium, but what's a girl to do. I have no desire to cook. None, zero, nadda! My grandmother keeps saying I should get one of those George foreman type grills. She says that would be perfect for me. Sorry ladies when I do cook meat, it taste like it should be slapped on a tire. Seriously, it's never, ever good. I do not have a green thumb and I've certainly been cursed with no cooking skills and no desire to cook anyways. But I'm making the best of what I buy and making the healthiest choices.

I'm on a very high carb diet right now, to keep up with my exercise routine and it seems to be working, so the water retention is something I deal with and try to counteract with plenty of water...

Well I think I've run my mouth enough. I've been sitting here since 4:15 and it's now almost five, so I need to get my butt moving. You ladies have an exceptional day ahead and I'll check in later. :) :) :)