3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

FullSteamAhead 07-08-2009 01:12 PM

girlssssssssssssssssssssss. hi, miss you all. I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. :hug: I, unfortunately, was sick with TOM all weekend and didn't get out at all but it's all behind me now and I am ready to move forward.
Planwise....I managed to get in 3 workouts last week. Foodwise...I did pretty good...the way my tummy felt...I certainly didn't overeat by any means. Yesterday, I had a lot of water. Onto a new day. Girls...I have so much to catch up on. Congratulations to all of you on your losses and I look forward to catching up.

When I first came in just now.......I saw a post saying sorry Delphi! I had to scroll back a few pages to see what is going on. OH man....Delphi :hug:
Listen....I know a bit about those trach's. When my dad was in intensive care, he was on a breathing tube for a few weeks and they eventually had to do a tracheotomy on him. (was on a trach tube for 3 months after in hosp) I held the docs off for a few days and researched it to the dickens...anyhow...every situation is different. Make sure ..im sure you know......to ask..........if it's imperative.... what would happen if you dont and how long etc. Please contact me if you want to discuss it and/or talk I will leave you my number via prive okay? Hang in there sweetheart and know that we all are thinking of you here. :hug: Wishing your canaan is feeling better...hold onto your hope. :hug:

I am sorry .......I am running late and I have so much to catch up on here. I always do after TOM...i get behind. Dh is on vaca tomorrow and friday to see me a bit before leaving for Kentucky on Monday. Girls.......you keep on rocking it.......stick together and support one another as y ou have been and keep on shining! :hug: Talk with real soon.

Newshinyme 07-08-2009 01:17 PM

Good morning chickies!

Delphi: Oh my friend! I am so sorry you and little Canaan have to go through this. Just reading your post made my heart ache. I will echo everything that everyone else has told you here. I know that a few words on a screen can't give you enough comfort, but please know that I am still thinking of you and Canaan :hug:

Jacqui: Thanks for the info on green tea. Do you have to make a fresh cup every time? I really like the taste of it, but I always get tired of having to boil water many times a day (or I just plain forget).

Mystical: Right on! You know? Only this time around I realize what all the nutritionists and experts always meant by it not being about a diet but a change of habits, so now I know it's a slow process that will require work and patience. But it's totally worth it :D ..Have fun with your trainer.

Glutio: Congrats on fitting into your smaller clothes! You should start wearing them soon or next thing you know you will have shrunk out of them :lol: Oh and on the hubby front :hug:, have patience my friend, you are not going to change him and he doesn't get that you are getting all frustrated I guess. I would even ask him to choose what he wants to have done and let him deal with it on his own time.

Ruby: Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you had a good time.

Lene: Come on girly. Teach that scale who's the boss.

LTTG: When I first started, I had to limit myself to weighing once a week because those scale fluctuations were driving me insane and they actually affected my mood. Even if the scale blips up, there will be a definite downward trend in the longer run if you keep doing what you are supposed to do :) ....From your newer post: :lol: at your crazy day, you totally sound like a multitasking mom. It's ok, no need to beat yourself over skipping a workout (I am done with all that blame and shame thing this time around), just make sure you get in your workout today, maybe even add a few minutes if you feel the need.

Petunia:
:welcome: It's never too late to join us

merose: Oh...I've seen those little flower buds, they look so cute, I've never bought one though, they seem too expensive since I figure they are single use and then the beautiful flower would go into the trash :(

LaurenA: I hear you on the naughty weeks, had a few of those myself too. I am back on track now, and I am happy to hear you are too.

Nello: Have fun during your vacation!

Tummy: Grrr! I just don't know how some people think it's OK to not show up when they are expected. I would make their leftover burgers extra spicy or something *just by accident* :devil: And OMG is right..almost 30 pounds :cheer:

Gekster: The scale is the devil :lol:

Ms. P:
Have fun while you are away. Glad to hear your moving your bootay all over the place :D

CMo4: Hey! Your mom told us to bug you about your workouts, so I am bugging you about your workout for tomorrow. My philosophy on naughty food: If I am going to have it, I might as well enjoy it and not feel guilty about it, and get back on track the next meal.

Couch: Wow! Congratulations :cheer:...But, step away from the cake :P

As for me, today I have to do tons and tons of laundry and start getting ready for my mom's arrival on Saturday. I have not decided if I will make today my day off or if I will leave it for Saturday when I'll probably be busier.

Time to get moving now!

merose 07-08-2009 01:32 PM

delphi - you have some amazing strength in you.

couch - claim it! as far as I'm concerned, 49.6lbs is 50lbs! congratulations, you must be feeling great.

Jacqui D - it's nice to find a fellow enthusiast. maybe we should start a tea based thread. I could go on and on and on...

crystal - well done!

and glutio - you'll be seeing the 250s in no time :)

Man I'm a bit crap at personals - that took me so long and I only covered about 5% of people. I'll try harder next time, I promise.

As for me I was under 190 today! 189.5! But it's not going to count officially unless it lasts 3 days... Woo! I feel good though.

merose 07-08-2009 01:35 PM

newshinyme - I have post length envy - I'm going to have to improve my typing speed.

Jacqui_D 07-08-2009 01:41 PM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland--MET GOAL!!; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
Jacque9999: Stay in the 120s
Petunia418: Lose 10 lbs

Jacqui_D 07-08-2009 02:00 PM

Merose, I agree! It's nice to have a fellow tea enthusiast here! :D Congrats on reaching a new decade!! 189.5!! And girl, it is official now! Your body can hold water to make the number on the scale appear higher than you actually weigh, but it doesn't work in reverse! Lol! If it says you weigh 189.5 lbs, that's because you actually do weigh 189.5 lbs! Not water retention, but you, all you! :yay: Woohoo on the panties!! And you are only 1.5 lbs away from being out of the obese range!! :broc: Yay!!! When I hit that milestone, that was the happiest I have been so far on my weight loss journey, and the farther away I've gotten from ever being able to slip back into that range, the better I've felt!! I'm rooting for ya!! You're almost there!! :woohoo:

NSM, I have a crock pot that has a warming base that is separate from the pot on top, so after I boil water in a tea kettle, I place the kettle on that warming base on the lowest setting so it keeps my water warm all day, and I fill it up as I need to. If I am in a hurry and don't have time to boil a kettle of water, I just stick a cup of water in the microwave for a couple of minutes. I also have a water cooler that makes hot and cold water, but the heating element burnt out (grrr), so now it just makes cold. When it was working properly, it was really convenient!

FSA, so good to have you back!! :cheer: I'm glad TOM is over now and you are feeling better! Good job on getting those workouts in! That's the hardest part for me with TOM! :yes:

Newshinyme 07-08-2009 02:06 PM

FSA: I missed your post. Good to see you back, I missed you.

Jacqui: Thanks, I might try and find a warming plate thingy since my crockpot base is just gigantic.

Merose: That post took me a while to type, but I like catching up with everybody at least every once in a while :)

Ok..now I really am off to do something productive :lol:

glutio 07-08-2009 03:44 PM

merose, you are wonderful!! When I see those 250s, I'll be thinking of you girl!

Lewisempire 07-08-2009 04:54 PM

Hi girls!!!
Delphi, hope today is a brighter day for you! All our thoughts, hearts, and prayers are with you and Cannan! Keep your chin up!

Now I have to chime in on the "Tea Chat"- I like Iced tea throughout the day, so I brew a whole batch. I use a glass caraffe w/lid I got at walmart for 3 bucks. After I brew it, I put it in the fridge, and I have fresh tea all day long. At night I do usually brew a cup or two of hot tea. Does anyone know if hot is better for you than cold? Oh, BTW If you like sweet tea, like a lot of people here in the south, I recommend using Stevia instead of splenda, or equal etc. I like the taste a whole lot better, and it is supposed to be better for you.

CrazyMamaof4- Have you worked out yet????? (had to because your Mom said so!:o)

FSA! Welcome back Chickie! You will Never guess what arrived today............ My first Hummer sighting!!!!!! I went screaming through the house, my husband thought there was a fire! I am such a bad host tho, I have been meaning to just take the feeder down, because the wasps were feeding off it, and there have been no hummers. So the nectar was like 4 weeks old!!! YUCK! I hurried and made some fresh! I am soooooo excited! I hope the little guy/gal will come back, and not tell all his friends "It is only a 1/5 star, don't bother" LOL
Sorry about TOM, he is hanging around my neck of the woods to, causing crazy behavior when it comes to my food.... oh well, I will keep on trying!!!
I am drinking my green tea, today hoping it will somehow curb the intense craving for chips,dip, and chocolate!!!!!
OMG, did you see Cakebatter? She looks sooooooo little! :hyper::blah::blah: I feel like I haven't talked with you in ages! Ok, I guess that's it for now (don't want to wear you out!) Oh, one more thing, we are having your grilled chicken recipe for dinner tonight, mmmm yummy!

Glutio- Yay on the "new again" clothes, I love it when that happens! Congrats on the new decade, That is fantastic! How is the house coming along?

Gekstar, YAY for the loss!!!! That is great! Keep it up!

Jaqui9999- HOT~HOT~HOT!!! that is all I can say about that! You are ROCKIN' your bikini, You should be soooo proud of yourself! You really look fanfreakintastic! You know everyone on that lake is hating you! :devil: I hope they eat their hearts out!!! Way to go!!!

I will check in again later, got to go put some miles in.......

Delphi 07-08-2009 07:23 PM

Hey ladies. :wave:

Guess who is back home? Me and my Canaan. I told them I needed a week to get my affairs in order and do some research, then I would make an appointment to bring him in to at least have the reflux surgery. They are gonna close off something so that he can't reflux and hopefully end all that vomiting after his feedings but especially that pump. He has been so quiet since I brought him home...he is at peace, finally! So, it sucks we have to go back and I'm still undecided on the trach. They gave me no guarantees and said it would in no way prevent aspiration or pneumonia...so, it really seems like a senseless surgery to put him through right now, but he does still sound pretty rough, but getting enough oxygen. Anywho, I miss you gals and thanks again for listening and for all the kind words and prayers. Me and Canaan thank you. So I'll see you ladies bright and early in the morning...for at least a week anyways. ;)

:congrat: to all of you big losers and :carrot: for all of you that are getting those workouts in. I'm looking forward to getting back to some normacy and catching up with you ladies. :)

Jacque9999 07-08-2009 07:26 PM

Delphi
Glad the 2 of you are back home...even if it is for a short time. Hang in there!!!

Newshinyme 07-08-2009 07:51 PM

Hi Delphi! Glad to hear the 2 of you are back home. What a relief to hear that you have a week to do your research and weigh in your options before having to make a decision. Tracheotomies are sometimes necessary but definitely do some serious thinking before agreeing to it.
:hugs:

Blondie32 07-08-2009 08:28 PM

:DHello Ladies, So glad to hear of all the losses. Also so glad to hear about Delphie and Cannan coming home. I have been praying for them both.Tummy what kind of stuff are you eating for the day? Could you give me an example of what your doing? I have been stuck for 2 weeks now. I am still doing exersize but maby eating to much. i think I should really start writing everything down now that I am just settling in my new job. It has been hecktic.:dizzy:

glutio 07-08-2009 08:41 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED!!!!!

Today, I finished painting the front door, touched up the paint in the guest room, moved DH's desk out to the living room so he could put it in the shed, moved a dresser from the shed to the guest room, went through a box my mom dropped off in September, took pictures of my wedding dress to list on ebay (I have DH, so I don't need it. Plus, I never plan on being big enough to wear it again not that I plan on needing it again) and got it listed, took pics of the house all painted, sent said pics to my parentals and my realtor, talked to my uncle about the carpet for 2 closets, talked to my client that did the concrete to get an invoice for the work done for the info for selling the house, put the house numbers back up, changed the locks on the shed and the water closet off the patio, ran errands, bought some food, had lunch with DH and his coworkers, bought paint, watered the yard, talked to my grandmother, talked to my stepfather, vacuumed some, and did about an hour of workwork.

DH's stuff is still sitting in the living room. He's working on something for a freelance client of his right now, though, and has been since he got home. No progress!!!!! I want to kill this client because he always NEEDS STUFF NOW at the worst possible times, and DH takes care of it when there's no time for it. And then he doesn't do his billing.

I'm craving Subway, and I'm really low on my points today. According to my GoWear Fit, I've already burned 2700 calories today, and I still have at least 2 hours left. I've been going to bed earlier and earlier each night trying to get more sleep, but even with the Ambien CR, I'm not falling asleep until 10p or 10:30p even if I lay down before 9:30p. I'm getting up around 7:30a every day, though, just because my body demands it.

I hope I finish soon. Hahahaha.

lookingtobehealthy 07-08-2009 09:34 PM

Delphi- what more can i say, that hasn't been said.
As a mother there is nothing harder than to feel helpless when your child is going through such a difficult time. Even though we are all just forum friends, there is power in numbers and we will certainly be praying for you.

Glution- Way to go on reaching those 160's
Nellonello- You will be strong and get through your vacation just fine...think of next years vacation when you get to sport a bikini....

All the rest of you losers are awesome , keep up the great work

As for me, I stepped on the scale this morning and to my utter surprise it read
239.9..... I think I will make the 235 before surgery....

by the way, my picture is not flattering and i know it but I think its better than the smart Monkey LOL
Thanks for all of you ladies sharing your stories your pictures and each others heart issues....