Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #181  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Sandye ~ I can be of no help. I just get whole wheat tortillas, in the Spanish aisle of my grocery store. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. But on not eating a microwave meal for lunch. I did that a lot when I first started, but quickly grew tired of them. However, these days I still eat my ready to serve brown rice for lunch...so still using the ol' microwave.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thanks, ladies!

Well, I got some cleaning done, but now I'm feeling really shaky. Not like twitching shaky, but like, rubbery arms and legs, and feeling like I need to sit down. I'm working on my fourth bottle of water, so it's not dehydration. I was a little hungry, so I'm eating lunch. But feeling like this doesn't really make sense :|

Sandye - Good for you for not eating a microwave lunch! Here's a tortilla idea...I've heard that p butter and banana wrapped up in a tortilla is really good. I've never tried it, but I LOVE p butter and banana bagels and oatmeal.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #183  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

This morning I was completely unmotivated (you may see a trend here with me lately). Stepping on the scale and seeing I am almost back up to 286 was so depressing and it made it all worse, especially since tomorrow is the start of the weekend, which is always my downfall. Well, I had to walk to the post office today because I am expecting a package, so I sucked it up and went, no package, but, as I walked through the house afterward I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and actually took a double take. For the first time I am seeing that change in myself that the scale has been showing. I think that was what I needed, I just wanted to write this to set in stone that I am now going to but in that video and work my butt off because that is how I will get the scale to go down, not by sitting on the couch.

Last edited by Gekster; 07-02-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #184  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Sandye-Thanks for the calm car ride vibes. Back at ya babe! When do you leave? I was back and forth about the laptop, but I think we're gonna take it. I'm gonna miss you all too much otherwise , plus the accountability factor...please, how could I not take it!?

Anyway, tonight is WW WI night and I'm gonna see a good solid #, I know. I've been SO OP lately. I am in that really motivated place at the moment and I guess that's good right before the vacation challenge!

Okay, you house cleaners...I went totally Mrs. Clean on my van. There were substances in the rear cupholders that are defintely not of this planet, and mushed raisin in the gear of the stow-and-go seat in the middle, but did I back down? NO...I faced them like the strong woman I am!! My van is now in wonderful travel condition, I've loaded the food (non-perishables), packed the picnic basket with plates, napkins, plastic utensils, etc. I loaded the cooler with drinks (will add ice and perishables in the a.m.), cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, washed dishes, took my van in for service, and did school with my kids (we've homeschooled up 'til now and normally don't do summer, but we wanted to do some fun things before the go to public school this fall). How's that for a productive day? Scared, are ya? Well, I'm going on vaca tomorrow and you can all catch up while I'm gone! Heehee
Old 07-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #186  

Delphi, OMGosh! Look at the lovely sculpted lines of your face! You look like a movie star in those glasses, "dahling"! I am eating! I was late with lunch today because I went to the gym first, but so far I am still following last month's regimen. Actually, I forget that I'm not still tied to it, lol!

CMof4 and Ms_P, I'm so glad you are both taking your laptops!

Dreamy, your shakiness sounds like low blood sugar, like either not enough calories or too many carbs without a balance of protein if you are carb-sensitive or insulin resistant. What did you have for breakfast? And did you have a mid-morning snack?

Gekster, girl, you are going to have to post some pics!! Good for you for your determination to do that video!!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-02-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #187  
There is no spoon!

Jacqui ~ Well that's good that you are still following it...perhaps it is becoming a habit now? Haha on the picture, just fooling around...I like the definition I'm starting to see, just wish the belly would follow suit as well.

Gekster ~ Don't cha know EVERY TIME I go to write you a personal, I still write Dekster and have to start over again..EVERY TIME. Anywho, I know it's difficult to get motivated some times, so you just hop on here and send me a PM and I'll help in any way I can. I exercise in the mornings, because it is convenient and that is the time of the day I have the most energy. I've started adding cardio in the evenings and let me tell you, I have really got to push myself to do it. For me, I'll upload the data on my band and look at my calorie burn and that usually motivates me to get my butt up and burn 500 calories, because, the more calories you burn, the bigger your deficit will be. But I need something most of the time. I just have hardly any energy in the evenings, so I find something to get me going...maybe you need to add motivation envelopes since that seems to be working for you as well. So when you don't feel like getting up and doing this or that, you can open a motivation envelope and perhaps that will get you all pumped up. Just a thought...we all need something, for me, I do. I'm all about taking this journey and I can honestly say I've been POP since I started, but to push myself so hard with exercise, I need SOMETHING, I found my SOMETHING, so perhaps you need that SOMETHING to.

MsP ~ on the panties girlfriend. You are gettin' it done. Good for you. I at the weird unearthly substance...man have I seen that before. Too many times for my liking. At any rate, you have yourself a great time on your trip and here's to a peaceful and smooth commute for you and yours.

dreamy ~ Hmmm, not sure, though Jacqui is a brilliant lady, I think I'll go with her thoughts on this one.

Last edited by Delphi; 07-02-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #188  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I never did stick with my headshot of the day plan, but I did take one this morning to compare with the first of June. You can totally see a difference just in my head!! I'm going to try to get DH to take a body shot soon to compare with my last one as well. Tell me what you thin, but ignore the flat hair syndrome!

I messed up my image! It should be 270.5 for July!

Last edited by glutio; 07-02-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #189  
There is no spoon!

OH HECK YA GLUTIO....You CAN definitely tell a big difference. If that isn't motivation, then I don't know what is. You are looking great.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #190  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

I wanted to push myself today so I got on the On Demand feature for my cable and found TBL bootcamp. I thought I was going to die, but it felt so good! I've decided in a couple hours I am going to do the yoga as well. It is written, I am now committed. I want to try to do the yoga daily, but more towards the end of the day.

Jacqui- Thanks. I am actually going to try to take pics tonight and make it a normal thing. I see everyone with their before and after pics and have wanted to do it, but haven't had the motivation, but seeing myself today, I think it will be worth it.

Delphi- lol about Dexter. Maybe it will help if I tell you my name is a nickname off of a nickname? Now about exercise, when I do it in the morning I have to psych myself up less, but it has to be long enough after I wake up that I am functional and able to actually stay vertical, but before I get hungry because if I exercise after I eat I feel really sick. I am thinking maybe I need to take pictures as a motivation because that seemed to work today. Oh, and my BF has tomorrow off so the weekend is starting tomorrow, don't forget your and ! I may need it!

Last edited by Gekster; 07-04-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

wow this thread moves fast! I've got to make sure I keep up...

I'm down 2lb - only 7 to go.

I'm going now to catch up on all these posts!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #192  

Delphi, yep, that's what I'm thinking. What is it--13 days to form a habit? It's something like that.

Glutio, I can definitely see a difference. In the first pic, your face looks puffy, and now it doesn't. Don't you mean 270.5 lbs? You've lost more than 3.5 lbs!

Crystal, good for you finding and doing the bootcamp! Can't wait to see your pics when you are ready to share them!

Merose, Congrats on being 2 lbs down!! It's so true that this thread moves fast, lol! The June thread ended up being over 600 posts, but that was our SECOND June thread because the first one got locked after it passed 500 posts! (That's 3FC policy--they let us get away with the 600+ thread!) And now we're almost at 200 posts in this thread, only two days into July! We like to talk, lol!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-02-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #193  
There is no spoon!

Here I am again. My name is Delphi and I am a multiple poster.

Gekster ~ Ah, gotcha. Now I have the Geiko commercials stuck in my head. At any rate, I have my and all ready for the weekend. You can do it!

Jacqui
~ Yeah I think that is about right. Well good for you hun, that is totally a NSV if you ask me.

merose ~ Yup, we get kind of chatty around here. Oh and and on the 2lb drop. That is great. Keep doing whatever you're doing because it is definitely working girlfriend.

As for me, I just finished my evening cardio and I REALLY did not want to do it. I stayed up entirely too late last night and I'm dragging my feet but I turned the Wii on and did it. I feel better than I did before I started, but I'm still exhausted. I don't think it will be too long before I hit the hay. So I'll bid you ladies farewell for the evening. See you ladies in the morning.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Glutio I am from Mississauga, Onatrio Canada, I just moved here last July from Arkansas. We are now in the process of moving into our new house. We have been living in an apartment for the past year and we are so ready to finally be getting into our house.

I have been so busy tonday with trying to get all of our utilities, internet, phone, all switched to the new house and in between I have been trying to get our house packed. Then I finally take a little break today and I just realized I have not eaten anything today all I have had is water. Suprising thought I don't feel like I am starving so we are just going to have turkey sandwhich or wraps tonight with a salad. I am just to tired to do any cooking tonight. I am going to try and get my cardio in before bedtime wish me luck.... : )
Old 07-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #195  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

I just finished my lower body and abs. It was much more fun with Sandye! I've had just 60 oz of water so far, but I bought a 64 oz water container today. Time for a shower, before I make my delish fish and salad for dinner. BTW, store brand (Sunnyside) yogurt does not make me swoon.
Closed Thread