Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

"HAPPY 4TH OF JULY" Ladies, I hope you all are having a great day.

Delphie: You and Cannan are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am doing pretty well with my eating today. I have had a couple of things that were not so healthy for me but I am still within my calories. Just never new I could do that LOL Since I have started with the daily plate and here with all of you I am a changed woman. I just hope it lasts. In the past it never has but then again I didn't have all of you for support then.
Have a great evening I will check in later.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Happy 4th of July, ladies!

I had a NSV today DB and I visited the farmer's market (LOVE it!), and one booth was selling these DELECTABLE looking pies. OMG! I wanted the blueberry one SO bad. But...I thought about it...and decided that I would buy fresh blueberries instead. I'm going to pick some up on Monday when we go grocery shopping.

mystical - That's something that I hope to be able to do someday soon - eat something less healthy for me, but keep within my calories and not go off the deep end OR feel guilty. Good for you!!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #273  

Delphi-- I am praying for you and your son...I really hope they can do something to make him more comfortable and you ARE strong, because you keep going despite the feelings of anger and helplessness...you keep going and that is your strength. Hang in there, I will pray for strength for you and peace and relief for him.

Well I am starting to feel much better today, yippeee! I am all sore in my back and front of the legs from the exercise and I am down 4.2 pounds alredy this month! taht was a shock! I started at 245, weighed this morning at 240.8

I used to count calories but this time have just been sort of eating when hungry, making myself not eat when not hungry. I am using some questions that came from a writing diet book and it is really working for me. Some days I feel my calories might be a bit low but other days I feel they might be a bit high, so maybe they are just evening out...but I'm going to keep with this book because it seems to be easier than calorie counting and obviously works!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #274  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

SKINNY, way to go! I have hard time counting calories, too. Sandye had me doing it when I visited, but last night, I made a huge pot of spaghetti, and didn't feel like figuring our portion sizes. SO I DIDN'T! Bad me! \
Old 07-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #275  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

I'm doing great so far... stayed on track with my calories, upping them a bit actually, but haven't lost an ounce this week.. ugh!! That kinda sucks... oh well.. i'll keep on keepin' on and hope the scales budges soon!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #276  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

MORALIA~ That's the right attitude! You are halfway there, you know you can do it!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Default July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-05-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #278  

LTTG, congrats on being another .8 down!

Nello, I'm sure you'll take the 3 lbs off in no time!

Shari, good luck with the new apartment!

Mystical, yep, your story is the same story that many of us have! Discovering this website and in particular the ladies in these monthly threads has made all the difference!

Dreamy, great job going for blueberries instead of pie!

SkinnyJeans, congrats on being 4.2 lbs down!! Woohoo!

Moralia, good for you, girl! Keep on going!

Well ladies, my DH and I went to see Public Enemies tonight. It was an interesting story; however, the real attraction was Johnny Depp! (Have I ever mentioned I LOVE Johnny Depp?! ) The good news is that I stayed away from movie popcorn and candy and instead I snuck almonds, blueberries, and water in!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-04-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #279  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Delphi- Have had you and your boys in my thoughts and prayers all day! May God keep you and your boys in his Loving arms, safe and sound! Keep your chin up girlie!
Old 07-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Oh, my gosh! I had lost a couple of posts, and just realized that it's because I posted them in the July Exercise thread! DUH
Old 07-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Delphi - I'm thinking about you guys and hoping all is well and we never get more than we can handle, that's why we all know you're a pretty amazing woman. Lots of love and hugs coming at you and you kiddie's.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #282  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Delphi ~ I hope Canaan is okay.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #283  

Dreamy, I just wrote you over there--we all get the two threads mixed up!
Old 07-05-2009, 12:08 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Ladies,

Blondie - Glad the new job is going good, that's awesome news and that's some determination bringing all that what not to work so you can work out, wtg!

Jacqui - Hope you guys had a wicked 4 O'July and nice to have a private BBQ with that good OP food. And thanks, it's pretty cool to live life, have fun and still respect ourselves. It's the first time that my mind thought, I don't want that in my body rather than whinning in my head that I wished I could eat it and feeling deprived. My dh even commented tonight that is was so nice to be home to enjoy some healthy food again. And this from a man who had jelly beans for breakfast today!

Glutio - Hope parting with kitty wasn't too hard, that's always so difficult and have fun visiting!

LTBH - I'd say 1.8 in like 3 days is rather awesome! for that job, no weekends, how blissful.

LTTG - Hi to Sandye's mom Your daughter may be the sole reason I can't look at my rolling pin anymore but I do have the shiniest sink in town b/c of her too. So glad you're here, it's a pretty amazing place.

Nellonello - Well..unless you ate 10,500 extra calories last night, I'd say you're good on a water bet. Nevre nice to see it go backwards but facts are facts I'd love to see someone sit down and eat that much in one sitting (But come to think of it I bet I have before). Good for you on the walk, I'm with you there too, the more the scale irritates me the more I exercise, it's at least something you have direct control over.

JasonsLea - Good luck apartment hunting, I always love seeing how other people live!

Mystical - Calorie counting is awesome, it helps those of us with no portion control, or the ability to understand hunger signals (points at self) to realize what we should eat and helps you live like a semi regular person. To me that's pretty frickin awesome. And glad to have some more Canadians around, me and NSM and LTBH we vastly outnumbered!

Penelope - I love blueberries, I will have some for breakfast, thanks for the suggestion and wtg on the will power!

SkinnyJeans - That's some awesome super weight loss there, good on ya! I'm a hard core calorie counter but it would be pretty awesome to be able to intuitively eat like that, mine's broken, it tells me to eat chips and have cake. A friend of mine has done that for about five years and she's kept her weight off the whole time so it definitely works great!

Moralia - Hi I'll send you some scale vibes, they work pretty good : The fat's time will come but it sure does have it's own schedule. Great outlook though!

Jacqui - Johnny Depp is welcome to father any future children I have, dh is aware of this but he feels pretty secure he won't show up in god knows where Alberta but Ohio, I mean that's a distict possibility. Do you remember if the movie was any good ? And a sneaky one too, good for you!

Wow that took awhile, and here I wanted to be in bed at 10. Today was crazy after not working out hard for a week I went kinda nuts, running, elliptical, pilates and weights but it works out to about an hour hard cardio so it's not psycho.

I've been doing some reading about hormones and weight and food and all that good stuff lately. It started b/c I noticed that once I was eating properly my skin and hair and nails have gotten so much better. But the real kicker is that I'm pretty sure my testosterone levels have gone down, all of two months ago I used to get these ten stray hairs on my lower abdomen and now they're gone, weird hun? I'm scared to think of all the craziness that I wasn't even aware of going on in this here body of mine, at least we're moving in the right direction.

But I need to go finish reading up on endocrinology and if I'm too tired it's hard to get through, nothing like reading about insulin and leptin before bed. Nightly night.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Tummy Girl: What part of Canada are you from? Glad to see others out there from close by as well....

I am doing pretty well I am still struggling with trying to put my menu together I guess it will allot of trial and error. I told my hubby I wanted to get a food scale something new for me I use to always just guess at it but I am really getting into learning what my food should have really looked like portion wise LOL. I am so glad that the rest of my family is starting to really get into the lifestyle change. I have a son that really struggles with his weight as well and he is even making changes. It is the start of a new family as well as for me personally Finally I have woke up hahah. Gotta run for now talk to you all later.
Closed Thread