June Exercise Challenge - Page 12 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #166  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Daily Progress

Week 1

June 1 ~ 60 minutes on treadmill [45 minutes strength training w/My Fitness Coach]
June 2 ~ 60 minutes w/My Fitness Coach [cardio] [20 minutes Wii Fit]
June 3 ~ 60 minutes on treadmill [45 minutes strength training w/My Fitness Coach]
June 4 ~ 60 minutes w/My fitness Coach [cardio] [120 minutes of Moving furniture, laying carpet and sorting clothes]
June 5 ~ 60 minutes on treadmill [45 minutes strength training w/My Fitness Coach]

Last edited by Delphi; 06-05-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #167  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Quick update...lost 2.2 lbs at WW weigh-in and felt great about it! Saw only a tiny blip up on my weight this morning from my small ice cream indulgence, so I'm happy about that and I feel good. Today I'm hitting the garage sales! (Does that count as exercise?! LOL!) I realized it'd be good for me to look for clothes that actually fit ME. I hesitate buying myself new clothes since I plan to continue to go down a size (or sizes) and don't want to spent $30 on pants I'll wear 2 mos, ya know?

Last edited by Ms Perception; 06-05-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Ms_P, on your 2.2 lbs down!!! Oh, and I LOVE garage sales...and auctions and flea markets and thrift stores, lol! Because I love all these places, I usually end up having to have a yard sale every summer, myself! If I don't, my DH won't let me keeping bringing things into the house, lol, and oh how I love to decorate! But I mean, the things I get, especially from auction box lots, is just excessive. My yard sales are so big that when I'm outside, I'll have people stop in their cars and ask when I'm having my sale, lol! The last two were so big that they filled my front yard (which is huge) went through the whole downstairs of my house (over 2000 sq feet) and onto my long back porch, and lasted four days each!! People asked me if it was a flea market, lol! But the thing that really got me was that a lady last weekend stopped by and told my husband that she had come from 20 miles away because she saw a yard sale advertised on our street and thought it was ours! I wasn't going to have one this year, they are so much work, but goodness, I'll feel kind of guilty if I don't now! I never have any clothes for sale (we donate those to Goodwill), but I always have furniture and antiques and collectibles, and of course, I'm super organized, so it's more like being in a store, but with yard sale prices!! I don't want to have another indoor one though. I have to move so much of "my" stuff out of the way to do that, although it does make the items for sale show really well! Anyway, as you can see, I do love thrifting!!! A LOT!

Glutio, I'm sure you'll catch up on that .75 mile! You can do it!!! Let us know how you like kickboxing!

FSA, looking good, chickie!

NSM, great job getting your workout in! The positive peer pressure works wonders here, doesn't it?!

Ican, I'm so glad you're getting out there again! And that you have time to!! That was a killer schedule you had last month! But at this rate, you're going to be feeling great for your Alaska trip!

Delphi, wow, look at all your exercise! I'm amazed!

Well, Ladies, I didn't get on my recumbent bike again last night, but for some crazy reason, my DH and I decided to go on a 40 min walk at 11:20 last night! We could barely see the sidewalk, lol! But hey, I woke up to 1 lb down, so I can't complain!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-05-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #169  

Default June Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--June Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172689. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

Jacqui_D: Strength train 3 days per week; exercise for 30 additional minutes on strength training days; exercise for 60 minutes on 3 other days per week
Delphi: Complete 2000 minutes--exercise for 1400 minutes; strength train for at least 600 minutes
Wifey: Walk the dog for 30 min each day for a total of 900 minutes; work out at the gym for 60 min twice per week for a total of 480 minutes; powerwalk for 45 min once per week for a total of 180 minutes; start using Wii Fit
FullSteamAhead: Complete 1400 minutes
Ja23: Jog for 30 min 5 times per week; do floor exercises 5 times per week
Glutio: Walk 5 miles per week for a total of 20 miles; strength train at the gym for 30-45 min 5 days per week
Gatorgirl6: Attend physical therapy and exercise as able; complete 120 miles
Lumifan4ever: Exercise for at least 45 total hours, including classes, the treadmill, the elliptical, and strength training
Jacque9999: Get up to 60 minutes cardio on pilates days; start hiking or some other outside activity; work out at the gym or do outside activity on Sundays; complete a total of 1900 minutes of exercise; take 10,000 steps each day
Squeeze: Do 45 min of cardio 5 times per week; do toning for 20 min 5 times per week
Crazymamaof4: Strength train 3 times per week; do cardio at least 3 times per week, including high intensity interval training; use exercise ball
NewShinyMe: Complete the 30-day EA Active Challenge; add an extra workout on all but one of the remaining days each week; work out for at least 850 minutes
JasonsLea: Make and keep a gym routine
Fattopia: Average 60 min a day of serious movement
Tummy_Girl: Complete 1600 min of cardio; complete 500 min of strength training
Icandoallthings: Before leaving for Alaska trip on June 18, complete at least 40 miles of walking or running; keep up with push-ups, sit-ups, weightlifting, etc.; while on trip, exercise on every day not traveling
Lookingtobehealthy: Walk 2 kms a day at work; complete 10 min of cycling a day, 5 days a week
HisSweetGypsyRose: Walk 35 miles
Dollypie: Do cardio 30 min 5x a week; strength train 2x a week
Pas_de_Chaton: Walk twice a day; do 30 min of exercise 6 days per week
Blondie32: Jog 30 min nonstop 5 times a week; do 300 crunches 5 times a week; do light back arm workout 2 times a week
Lewisempire: Complete 64 miles; strength training 2 times a week
Ms_Perception: Exercise 45 min a day 6 days a week
Leigh: Complete 1000 minutes of Turbo Jam @ 40 min per day
StartinMonday: Do C25K workout 3 times a week
Babes315: Do cardio 5 days a week for 60+ min per day; burn at least 2700 calories 3 days per week and at least 2500 the remaining days
RubyJan: Do pilates 180 min per week; swim 60 min per week; do cardio on rower and bike 120 min per week
Wistfulgirl: Do 45 min cardio 5x per week; strength train 3x per week
Sotypical: Complete approximately 1765 minutes
Canadianangel: Stay with the Elance Bodywise Weight lose program; start exercising 30 min a day
Velveteen: Exercise 23/30 days
Terapet: Do 30 miles on the treadmill
Dandk0204: Ride exercise bike for 2 hours everyday; do 30 min of additional exercise everyday; strength train for 30 min 3x a week
Blueridgegirl: Lift weights; do 25 min of intense cardio 3 days a week on the elliptical, getting heart rate near 150
Old 06-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #170  
Goodbye Fat!

June 1: Treadmill 30 minutes, arms, and abs
June 2: Elliptical 30 minutes, abs
June 3: Treadmill 30 minutes, legs, evening walk w/ DD
June 4: Elliptical 30 minutes, arms, and abs
June 5: Treadmill 30 minutes
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #171  

Hi all, just wanted to let you all know that I've done my cardio and weight-lifting hour at the gym twice this week and I'm slated to do it again tomorrow. Enjoying my pants feeling looser, and my body feeling stronger! Keep up the great work.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #172  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

So, for today...
6/5: 45 min walk
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #173  

Blueridgegirl, good for you! Keep it up!!

June 1--60 min on recumbent bike
June 2--60 min strength training; 30 min walking
June 3--30 min walking; 45 min on recumbent bike
June 4--60 min strength training; 30 min walking; 40 min walking
June 5--40 min walking
Old 06-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I keep forgetting to update this thread in the mornings! Oops!

June 1st ~ Upper Body ST'ing
June 2nd ~ HIIT
June 3rd ~ Lower Body ST'ing
June 4th ~ HIIT
June 5th ~ Upper Body ST'ing
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #175  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

Another work from home Friday, and I *still* spent the whole day running errands even though I'm not going out of town! As has been the case the last 3 Fridays, I didn't go to the gym. I'm feeling REALLY tired today, anyway, didn't get enough sleep last night.

I may still try to walk later, or I may take today off from the gym. I didn't make it to fitness kickboxing, either, but my friend went out of town this morning so maybe I can convince her to go next week or go while she's in her other class at the dojo.

I will do some exercise today because I picked up EA Active for the Wii! I'm excited. I was talking to DH about getting it and getting rid of the Jillian Michaels game we never even played (she looks SOO scary on there!). We were looking at the GameStop website, and I noticed they had a trade 3 deal for Active. 3 games from a specific list, and you get Active in exchange. I only paid the $5 in tax! We had Jillian and one other game from the list, and I found a 3rd game from the list for $20 at Walmart. So I paid $20 to save $40. Not too bad, me thinks! If anyone's looking, the promotion lasts until Sunday. Go to GameStop's website and print out the thing.
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #176  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/1- 3 mile walk
6/2- 1 mile walk
6/3- 0.5 mile Nordic track, Weights
6/4- 0.6 mile walk
6/5- 2.1 mile Nordictrack, 2.5 mile walk, some gardening/weed pulling

Yay, I am feeling better! I am gonna have to play catch-up for the next few days!
Keep rocking it Girls!!!!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #177  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

June 5~ 3 miles elliptical; 1 mile treadmill fast walk at 6 incline

Miles for June so far: 40

Woo Hoo! I am feeling great! I can totally keep this up!
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #178  
work hard.

S/C/G: 197/170/155

Height: 5'9

Weather did NOT cooperate...rain all day (going to college in California has spoiled me) but I went for a 3.3 mile walk with my umbrella anyways, so I've done 10.5 miles so far in June. Hopefully it will be sunnier tomorrow!
icandoallthings6613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #179  

Hi girls

wtg to everyone on the workouts! Lewis, so glad your feeling better! wtg chickie I candoallthings, I just love how you pulled out that umbrella today! In germany, they still ride their bicycle and walk in rain....they just carry their umbrellas. They can eat too! lol OMG! but they are so active! Wishing you sunshine for tomorrow. I almost pulled the umbrella trick myself today but opted for the wii. Wow gatorgirl, bravo chicky....your rocking it! Jacqui, thanks girl, you too! HI to all Everyone is doing great, hope you all have a great weekend girls. 2 more days left to our week and then we have completed our first week already! .

June1 - 85min.-(55 wii. aer.,30 min. walk)
June2 - 95 min. walk
June3 - Day off
June4 - 95 min. (55 min. walk-beach, 20 min. wii aer., 20 min. u.b.s.t)
June5 - 60 min. wii aer.
June6 -
June7 -
Total:
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #180  
Eating less, moving more

S/C/G: 245/238/165

Height: 5'5"

I've been doing quite well with my exercise

6/1/09 - 2 miles
6/2/09 - 1 mile
6/3/09 - 2 miles
6/4/09 - 2 miles

and I plan to walk 1 mile tonight when my husband gets home from work, for a total of 8 miles this week. If I keep doing this, I'll be on track for my June goal
HisSweetGypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote