Old 03-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

I did put up a new thread for those of you who like the holiday ones. Here is the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167153

It is called, "Fat chicks to healthy bunnies Easter challenge."

Thanks Scarlet! I will absolutely keep going! This is for life. Just a little frustrated and had to vent. It is good for the soul...or is that chicken soup? LOL
Thanks for your encouragement! It helps!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #197  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi Girls!!!
It was SOOOOOO pretty outside today! I soaked up the sunshine, and now I am soooo motivated again! (trying on the bathing suit helped too)
I have been busy lately with work, but I am coming up on my weekend off, so I am praying for the nice weather to stay I want to go geocaching if it does.

After reading all the recent posts, and at the risk of getting mushy I whole heartedly agree with Fullsteamahead!!!

Scarlett- your surgery will be just fine, and your goal is sooooo doable, Maybe we should do a Scarletts surgery goal thread!!

I do love our group we have here....
Night girls!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #198  

Hi my ladies, hugs

Hope you all had a great night.

Scarlet, oh if only it were that simple! I often ponder that thought myself. It's deep rooted sometimes but in all honesty when and what I saw here excited me. I told DH about it, I said, she just unlocked a new pathway, lol . OH you, I do it with myself all the time and think, geeeee, why didn't I take my own advice. When I used to smoke, I would enclose myself in a room and not allow any of my kitties or anyone in for fear of it hurting their lungs. My mom used to say, omg! If only you took care of yourself like you did them and those around you! It's so rational yet can be tricky, anyways........I'm on that path now scarlet when daddy took my hand that day and talked to me (while in hospital) and ohhhhhh....it's just amazing but I figure it's time to get back to taking care of myself now too! We owe it to ourselves my lady so let's keep on truckin! same goes out to all! You make me smile too and I love your spunk, yessssssssssss, in answer to your question....you have all the keys in your hand I do too now Scarlet, but I must use them . Let's go for the gold my lady and keep on truckin' You rock! Just for the record, you aint getting rid of me! lol. We will do this month by month and keep on going

Hattie, hang i there! You have done so well and just keep on fighting

lewisempire, hey hey you get mushy antime you want baby, lol, just love you. Glad you had a good day. Boy it sure feels good ha?
Oh I have so so much to tell you gals but I am sleepy so I will write tomorrow okay?
I was naughty tonight but not too bad, more on that tomorrow. Ladies? keep the thread running okay? We will keep this up and then move onto our new month but one step at a time. I want to see our team r unning and the only way to do that is that we stay dedicated and post when we can........stick together........ hugs talk soon
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #199  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

FSA ~ I made a huge pitcher of green tea and ended up drinking it in one day!

Nicki ~ What's Flirty Girls? Sounds fun!

Scarlet ~ Your surgery is going to go great, I just know it. We got your back!

Hattie ~ Are you at a plateau? You've lost quite a bit already. Maybe you need to shake things up a bit?

Lewis ~ It's SO hot down here, but it's making me think of summer. I mean, if I'm sweating buckets now, you can only imagine what the Texas summer is going to be like!! My upper body definitely needs to be smaller because I will be rockin sleeveless till the temps drop again.

So I talked to both HR and the union today like I planned. Found out from HR that I won't be career till my 3 year mark which is in June. If I quit before I make career, I won't be able to come back to the VA in my current grade. I would have to start over, at the bottom. I actually laughed because I had already promised myself that if I didn't get another position in the hospital by my birthday (July 29th), I would quit and now I know I can. Went to the Union with some of my complaints and he's going to have a meeting with the new asst chief and the supervisors. If this continues, we're filing a EEO grievance. We'll see what happens.

Mama's birthday is tomorrow. Not sure what to get her....
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #200  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

lewisempire that graphic by your bathing suit comment cracked me up! I hear ya though. There's hardly anything quite so humbling as trying on the swim suit.

FSA I am here and I'm not going anywhere. I'm commited to my March challenge. I really do feel like the rest of the month will be very challenging with b-days and traveling, but I know you fine ladies will help keep me on track!

I am taking steps to combat some of the pitfalls this month has for me. I told my mom I would bake and bring my DH's cake for this weekend so I can make a healthier version. I may even see if I can cook a meal or two while I'm there. Other than that I MUST watch portions!!!! I do not want to come back and have to spend 2 days on detox. I also need to plan for exercise there in case the weather turns on us again and I can't go for walks.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #201  
Back at it...again!

Hey JasonsLea, my DH's b-day is tomorrow. I'm getting him cologne and golf shoes, but I doubt that helps you with your mom's gift! Just thought I'd share. Glad you were able to talk to the people at work and be able to work some things out in your head about your next move. Best of luck to you!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 03-18-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #202  
ISO my perfect body

Morning girls!!! I am being kinda lazy this morning, sitting in the recliner, sipping some coffee (black with stevia, don't want to count any calories!) Feelling pretty good because the scale said I lost a pound this week!!!!
MS perception- goodluck on traveling, that can be very challenging. Maybe you can try geocaching while you are out and about or take a couple of your exercise DVDs, and challenge your family to get up and move with you....Anyways goodluck with that, just keep us up to date, we will keep you centered and focused!
Jasonslea- sounds like you are taking the appropriate steps at work! I am sure the VA seems like the worst place ever, and I don't know what you do at the hospital, but I can tell you they are all pretty much the same! POLITICS, POLITICS, POLITICS! So if you can figure a solution out here, you might be better off, because you already have almost 3 years behind you! keep your chin up!

FSA-you got me started on the green tea thing too! Thanks, It is just what I needed to get off the diet soda! (MY Mom will be sooo happy! She doesn't like me drinking all the chemicals) Plus, I have a whole cupboard full of tea bags just going to waste! I usually get my tea at Big Lots, they have a big,unusual selection, and prices are even better than WALLY World (that is southern for Wal-mart) I have even found Yogi tea there which is high end organic tea!! Yummy

Scarlett-we can only take one day at a time, and that is a struggle all of us have. I do know slow and steady will win the race, and our changes have to be for a lifetime. We can do this together! When I get to the point that I am gonna give up, I try to make myself either rethink the current plan, or try something new. I look forward to coming here, and seeing everyones success! I know you can do this, and it will even help you through the post surgical process! Determination is a powerful skill you will really need for the rehab process! AND, You can do it! After all tomorrow is another day..... sorry I couldn't resist, I just loved "Miss Scarletts" fire!!!!

Nikkirose- I envy you, I am not sure I could do those kind of DVDs with out cracking myself up! I am such a clutz!!!! I always feel like a spazzzz

Alright girls, I have to end this novel, and get my toosch in motion for the day! I hope everyone has an on plan healthy, active, positive in mind, negative in behind kinda day!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #203  
Back at it...again!

I have some AMAZING news (to me, anyway )! I dropped a pound today!!! That's major for me at this point, so I was jumping up and down (which can be dangerous when naked!) in the bathroom when I weighed myself, I was so overcome with joy. You'd think I'd never lost a pound before, but it has been so slow lately that losing a whole pound is like gold!! I'm totally changing my ticker now!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #204  

Good afternoon everyone

It is so nice to come in and read everyones news and posts! What a nice gang. Jason's Lea and Ms perception, happy Birthday to your mom lea and to DH Ms. perception!

Ms. Perception, that is great news about the scale moving for you and a super way to start the day!

Lea and lewisempire, I had tea again last night too! : ) Lea did you make ice tea out of yours? Good luck with your job as well girl, keep on trucking and stay cool in that hot weather (which sounds so good to me right now, lol). Lewisempire, that's cool news about drinking the tea in place of the diet soda! wtg!

I have to run that's why making this a quickie post but wish you all a super day , keep up the awesome work everyone I will be back later on, to all.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Hello everyone!!

I decided I need to fix my ticker to reflect where I am right now. I'm not changing my side weight until I reach it, but my ticker is now accurate. I gained 4 lbs on my two pirate days, but today I had lost over 1lb so I'm happy about that, and if nothing else hope to have both my tickers matching by the end of the month....

Thanks to everyone here for all their encouragement, and positive vibes...I think about you during the day when I am tempted, I do, and it really helps.

One thing we are all learning this month is that we are human, aren't we? I don't feel so weird when I know other people struggle with the same things I struggle with...though I'm happy most of you make it through better than I seem to be, it's great to see all the losses here!

Today I ate a steak, and later I'll have some nice fresh strawberries (well, I might eat other stuff, but these are my highlight foods)--I am looking forward to those strawberries, with some whipped cream on top---yummy!

Lea, I'm glad you looked into your job and I hope you'll stick it out until Summer, it sounds like it will be worth it..
Hattie, I love rabbits, your little photo is so cute!
My daughter's birthday is the 28th---I guess this is quite the birthday month--food challenges for us all!
Ms Perception, congrats on the scale moving!
Lewisempire, I may have to check out our tea cabinet, sounds worth it...I am starting to wean myself off diet coke in preparation for my surgery..

Full Steam, thanks for keeping us all going here..this is such a good thing!

Everyone else, I'm not as good at this but I read everyone's posts and hope you all have a great day!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #206  

HI ladies : )

Snuck up to say hi, I just had dinner a little while ago (actually about an hour ago and feel full and sleepy) and am on the couch with DH watching T.V.

Hi Scarlett : ), wtg on losing the lb. today and having a good day. Scarlet what you said about thinking of us during the day and how it helps, I am so glad! I am here to hold myself accountable too and say I WILL NOT have more cake today! lol. There! Now if I get any fancy ideas later on , it will make it that much harder for me to do it!

I had a good exercise day here, it was cloudy and grey and my mood was a little blah but after going on the treadmill and doing a little wii it lifted my spirits and set the course of the day ( I always seem to do well when I start my day with exercise, it just sort of sets the bar for the day). DH brought the sunshine home with him and we went for a walk and came back and had dinner ( I made the mini meatloaf things, eat beef 1x a week ideally , not more than 2x).

Yesterday was DH's birthday and we went to a Mexican Restaurant. We had not been there in a loooong time, it was fun! I really like the festive atmosphere and the classic rock they play. Okay, I had a few margs. which was a real treat since I have been staying away from those. As for dinner, I got a side order of enchilada which is rich but let's just say I ended up eating at least half (if not more) of what I used to eat before! I had a bite to eat around 3:30 so I was not very hungry when we got there and that helped a lot. When we got back, we had the dessert and I had a peice of cake and voweddddddddd that was it so now it's in the fridge in a plastic bag so I can't see it! Glad I got in about an hour of exercise yesterday.
DH just had some for dessert again tonight. I did all my exerices, had plenty dinner so I have got to stay away from that. I am drinking water as we speak and will try and sip it all night.

Despite dinner and the drinks last night, I felt lighter today (prob because I spaced my meals out and practiced portion control).

Ms. Perception, when are you leaving for your weekend? I think that is a great idea about making the cake and just watching portions, I seem to have gotten away with it last night. Have a fantastic time and have f un

Lewisempireeee, congrats on losing a lb. this week keep up the good work. Oh I felt lazy today too and had to give myself a good push to get started. I always seem to have more energy when it's sunny.

Hi to everyone else too and I hope everyone is having a good day and night, let's keep on truckin. .

Goal for the remainder of the night: water and just water, I ate well at dinner and that's it for today.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Good morning everyone!

I lost 2 lbs!! It really paid to eat right yesterday, I have to just really keep that in mind today as I am back to work (it's my Monday) and I'm around all that food again...

I just am tired of this cycle, and today is the day to break it!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #208  
ISO my perfect body

Good Morning Girls! I am so excited and encouraged to see everyone is finally losing a little weight around here! Seems like quite a few of us were having problems. But now it is happening!!!!! maybe the sunshine is melting it off of us!!!

I did finally decide to re-evaluate my daily calories. I now see the amount kept creeping up, and I was eating all my exercise calories back.... Now I have decreased my calories to 1400-1650/day with mod exercise, and am drinking water, a lot of water (and /or green tea). No more diet soda. Maybe there is something to it, who knows, I am just so happy to be going the right way again.
Fullsteamahead- I hear ya on the clouds/blah mood thing. WTG on pushing past and getting on the treadmill. THAT is what is gonna get you were you want to be! Also, great job at the Mexican food restuarant, That would take a miracle for me, because I am loving my Mexican food! Sounds like you made it sensible, that is AWESOME!!!

Scarlett- No way you ate enough in 2 Pirate days to actually gain 4 pounds (that would be like 14000calories)...It has to be water retention. (Arrrr, pirates love the salt, matey!!) It will come off sooo quick, if you are on plan, and drinking your fluids! You can do this, I struggled with the same thing the past week and a half. For me, it helped get my water in by drinking hot tea on the chilly days, I have a hard time with my water intake on colder days......and the hot tea kinda made me feel full, It esp. helped stop the "just before bedtime" snacking. Just make sure it is caff-free!

Msperception- YaaaaaaYYYYY! 1 POUND is a lot if you have been struggling!!! Let's hope it is the beginning of a new down-trend! Keep up the good fight! IT IS WORKING P.S. If you can't jump up and down naked in your own bathroom in celebration, where can you?

Jasonslea-TGIF! How did your week at work go?? And your meetings? Hopefully you found some relief/solutions. ANYWAY, it is the weekend, I hope you have it off. My advice if you do, is leave work at work , forget it , and have some real fun!!!! Sounds like you have earned it!!!

Gotta run, P.S. Add my Mom and her husband to the March B-day list. The 24th(yep, both of them, same day). Lucky for me a card/phone call will do, because they are far away....No cake for me to deal with! So I am sending you all some extra to help you say WHEN!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #209  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki rose98 View Post
I'm in...i LOVE challenges!!!

MARCH GOALS:
St Patty goal: 194 lbs (as part of my Lean Mean Green Challenge) REACHED!!!

No longer "obese" by 03.21.09 (BMI 29.9-24) REACHED!!!

Stay OP with all exercise ALL month ~ 3x week cardio (45 min) & 2x week strength training

Overall Monthly Goal: 10 lb loss (SW: 195.5 GW: 185.5)
Another March goal reached! According to my BMI, I am now "overweight" and not "obese". So the bells are ringing!!!!!! And I'm sticking to my exercise goal. And I'm down another pound:

SW: 195.5
CW: 191
GW: 185.5
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #210  

Hi ladies , Happyyy Friday!

Scarlet, that is great! . I hope things go good for you at work today, keep us posted.

Lewisempire, hello you Californian girl! lol Are you still putting on your radio and doing that? I really liked that and I may just have to follow suit! I think that's terrific that you havn't had diet soda and are doing water and green tea. I had a lot of water last night and green tea that night we got back from the rest....they both help with metabolism and feeling full, it's nice ha? Keep up the awesome work .

How is everyone else doing? I miss our Ms Perception already, I hope your having a lovely time at your parents house. Efova, how are you doing girl? A big hello to all of you.....do pop in and say hi when you get a chance : ).

As for me, I was good last night and had a lot of water and no cake. It is cold here ladies (only 39) but sure nice to see that sun!

Tuesday is my WI day and I am focusing on very strict OP days through the weekend with lot's of water and tea. DH and I made a pact the other night at the restaurant that if we go anywhere to eat this weekend , it will be to that place where they have the fresh baked haddock and salad bar. Aside from that, right now I am just focusing on today......let's all make it a good one!

Goal for Today: Plenty of water and green tea and plenty of activity (no prob there, lol, there are always chores to be done here).

for all of us through the weekend. Have a great day, talk soon.