Old 03-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #226  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone, well I didn't do great on the test but I did pass. I got a 72 which is a C. Not to bad considering I just skimmed through all the chapters once. I guess I need to start paying more attention to due dates lol. As for weight, I was down to 174.2 but then went out to Bourbon Saturday night and had some drinks so as of today I was 174.6. Then I didn't get to exercise this morning because I had a paper to write that was due at 1:30 today. Hopefully the rest of this week will be better since I have a break from schoolwork. Everyone sounds like they're doing pretty good, keep up the good work!!
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #227  

Hi ladiesssss, hope you all had a good day today. I am feeling so tired tonight and may just go to bed! Very unusual for me but my body may want to play catch up (between the time change and my kitty waking me up very early sev. days in a row my sleeping pattern had changed).

Scarlet, maybe your body is just stabilizing the loss you have had thus far...I think mine does that typically after a loss. I think your plan is a great idea and hope you had a good day today, keep on truckin! Your doing great! Yesss, 9 days left! Thanks for reminding us Scarlet, it is nice to have those 9 days left! wtg on your goals and all

MsPerception, hey you welcome back wtg on the workouts girl Sounds like you were conscience of your meals and did great on your workouts. Clearing brush is no candy a@@ work either! lol Good for you! HOpe you had a real nice time and congrats on getting those workouts in the mail let us know how you like them.
Oh, you know what I did today? I did the free step on the wii and did all lateral side steps ( I need that) and did arm exercises along with it (scissors, chest presses, etc.). I put it as fast as it would go and did that for 20 min. and then the rest of the time I did the advanced step. Anyways girl, thought I would run it by you, just another idea to add a little variety.
Regarding making the most of our final week, so with you on that. Let's all rock it day by day. We still have 9 days too!

Hi zoochick, glad you passed the exam and keeping an eye out for those due dates is a good idea so they don't sneak up on you like that again. You managed to keep your weight pretty close to the same over the weekend which I personally consider a feat! Enjoy your break

How is everyone else doing? I have been pretty good about my water...did plenty of protein today......hanging in there. Some days I get frustrated but I always look at it like I have one of two options, either give up or keep on truckin! The first one is not an option because I know giving up leads to sheer misery! NO THANKYOU! Been there before, not a fun place to be lol. This journey has it's tough times, which is natural, but at least .......well can't quite find the words at the moment (so tired) but you know what I mean, just a much more pleasant place to be! Onward we fight to victory! In the meantime, we are getting stronger, healthier...both physically and mentally.
It was so cold here today girls! Only 27! Tomorrow it will start getting a little bit milder.
Oh, DH was right, I believe all of those farm eggs were from chickens. I tried one today and yum yum!

Hope everyone sleeps well and awakens to a happy and successful day tomorrow. It is our first day of our new and final week. Chat soon
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #228  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi girls, thought I'd come here and type a while... I really missed my daily dose of "hot chicks" on Sunday. No internet where we stayed. But I am back, and full of smiles catching up with everyones's news.
FullsteamAhead- AMEN SISTER- quitting just isn't an option for us this time! OOOOOO that wii fit sounds like fun, I want one soo bad! But have to budget for a little while.
I am gonna try to set up a hummingbird feeder too. Sounds so neat! Do they eat insects like wasps??? ----some of my seeds sprouted while I was away. I do love gardening, but I am not always the best at it. This will be the 3rd year I have tried watermelon. The first year I was too anxious, and picked the little guys too early. They were juicy, but not pink. Last year, they got eaten by the local deer. I am hoping for the 3rd time charm thingy. Our tomatoes and zuchini, however grow like weeds, and taste soo yummy! Glad you got the courage up to eat the funny eggs, fresh eggs are the BEST! It will be hard for you to go back to the store bought now.

Scarlett, your plan sounds like it is very reasonable. Stay strong!

Zoochick-passing is passing! just like a pound is a pound! Congratulations! WOW- I sure do not miss school

Ms perception! Glad to hear you had fun, and balanced it with healthy! In the long that is really our goal! isn't it? LOL, I was raised by farmers, but until I moved to Tennesee, I couldn't grow ANYTHING! I had even killed my share of aloe vera My DH said I had a black thumb. But I do love watching the little plants grow. And it tastes so much better out of the garden.

Well girls, I could blab all night, but I have an early morning planned, so I must get to bed.
Good night, May we all weigh less in the morning, AMEN!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #229  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisempire View Post
Good night, May we all weigh less in the morning, AMEN!
A BIG AMEN to that LewisEmpire! I ate well today and did a nice long workout tonight, so I'm praying for mercy on the scale tomorrow. I don't expect to be down to where I was before I left for the weekend, but I do hope to be close.
Thanks, as always. for your encouragement FSA! I hear you on the messed up sleep. Neither my husband nor I sleep well at my parents about half the time. I think it's because they're remodeling an old farmhouse and there's dust and all even where they're not working.
Also, TOM came yesterday and I've been crampy a bit. My workout tonight was over an hour and a half, and I am spent! Time to read and sleep! Catch ya tomorrow, ladies...
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:06 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

Working out on a Wii sounds like a lot of fun!! I do have a recumbent bike here but right now can't use it because it makes my knees hurt.

I am so liking the positive attitudes here, it is so good for me to read.

Ms Perception, welcome back---you did well and now you know that you can go visiting and not have an eating disaster, this is a powerful thing to know!

zoo chick, you did pass your test, which is terrific, but you also learned to watch deadlines, so the next one will fare even better---good going you!

Lewisempire, you make me want to go by some watermelon, I saw it at the store today and it looked so good. Can we come by your house when your plants are all bearing ripe fruits?

FSA, you keep us all together and motivated, don't wear yourself out in the process!!

I had another good day today, but it's late and I need to get some sleep....talk to you all tomorrow, when hopefully there is less of us weightwise!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #231  
ISO my perfect body

Good morning Ladies!
Just got off the scale..........203 yippee!!! (another one bites the dust!!!) Im gonna sit and celebrate with my coffee!!!!

Scarlett, you are welcome to come for watermelon, maybe you can help me tell when they are ripe! LOL--Great job on staying on plan yesterday! I was sitting here thinking about you, trying to lose weight, but being limited on your exercise/activity because of your knees. I can totally see how frustrating that must be. Have you tried pilates? I had a friend force me to take a class, and then I was hooked. I don't go to the class anymore, but I do have videos, and love the toning. You find muscles you didn't know you have, and no impact on your knees..... just a thought. Maybe I will do an extra mile for you today (wouldn't it be nice if that really worked that way? )
Full steam Ahead- Hope you got some good rest last night. Maybe you got to sleep in today! MMMMM sounds good!
I hope it warms up for you today. We have one good day of weather left, then spring is gonna hide for a couple of days. I am wanting to go get my bird feeder today and do some yardwork today. Have a great day!

Msperception-hope you are feeling better this am.... 1 1/2 hours workout last night- Way to go! Glad you are getting right back on track! I am sending you good vibes for the scale this morning

Zoochick-good morning! Hope you have a great day!

Ladies, the sun is shining, so I will catch ya later! Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #232  
Back at it...again!

Lewisempire IT WORKED! Your good vibes WORKED! (That and eating OP and exercising alot yesterday! ) I am down to a new low... 175.6! WOOHOO! Go me! And Go You for another pound down!! EXCELLENT! I love to see movement for people (in the right direction, of course).
I also realized recently that I am officially 5'3" (at the doctor's) and I only need to reach 169 to be overweight!!! (Did I already post this on here?) Anyway, I'm so close I can smell it!
zoochick I hope your school break helps. It's not easy to combine weight loss with ANYTHING, but college may take the cake (pardon the food reference) for a challenging time!
Scarlet do you mostly do upper body workouts? Or how do you compensate for your knee when exercising? I agree with lewsiempire that pilates can be a great low impact option with excellent benefits. I was just wondering since it is certainly your major obstacle to getting the activity you want right now. Just keep up the good work and I know you'll overcome it!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 03-24-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #233  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

So I'm pretty sure I won't be reaching my March goal weight. But I'm okay with that. I worked hard (had a few cheats) and still lost weight and inches. Gonna see how the final week in March pan out. Plus, I did fantastic on the rest of my goals!
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #234  

Girlssssssssssssss, OMG! Congratulations! I had a loss too, 1.5 lbs. ...boy am I happy! I ran up to tell you and saw your great news ladies and oh, I am absolutely beaming now! Double happy! wtg to us all The persistance paid off for us........nice!!!!!! Scarlet, I hope you the scale moved for you too and if it didn't I know it will with your continued persistance.

Jasons Lea, hi sweety....sorry I didn't address you the other day A hi right back at you! Keep cool girl.

Lewisempire, I just made an ice coffee too, lol. Thanks, I feel much better today....caught up on some sleep. THe hummers do eat insects as part of their diet but I don't know if they eat wasps or not! lol You have a lot of wasps there your hoping to get rid of? When your laying in the sun, slather hawaiin tropic oil all over you....they wont land on you! I am a bit of a kook, I know, but it works! Your so right about the farm eggs, I think I will continue this new trend I hope you have a great day puttering around outdoors, enjoy the nice weather and congrats once again : ).

MsPerception, wtg! I am so so glad girl. Hope you caught up with your sleep last night and feeling fine today , great job on the workout! If I can accomplish a workout at all when I am feeling like that, it is a major accomplishment! Have a terrific day

Scarlet, I love being here with you gals, just love it. That doesn't wear me out, you all give me zest! I am very thankful and lucky . Oh, congratulations on yet another good day yesterday! wtg scarlet! I could never stick with the bike, it bothered my knees. I hope you slept well last night and are having a great day Scarlet. I will check back later on. Keep up the great work

Nicki Rose, hi there girl. That's right your doing fantastic! Keep on truckin'.

Well ladies, onto our new day and a fresh new week! Have a terrific day!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

I actually am doing a series of pre-surgery exercises every day to keep my knees as flexible as possible, it just isn't enough to really burn off any calories, but it does help in the toning and firming part of it.

Some of the leg exercises are very similar to Pilates....I've done Pilates in the past, it's also great for toning.

I just want to be able to work up a sweat!!

You all are doing so well, it's exciting. Whether any of us make goal or not, we all seem to have something to show for our efforts.

Nikki, I like your positive attitude...that's very important when you have as much going on in your life as you do...

LewisEmpire I am so jealous, I weigh 100lbs more than you----I can't wait to weigh what you weigh!!!

My scale didn't move, probably some of what I lost was water and it's now settling out, but I didn't gain either, so I'm happy, and I ate well. Today should be another good day, at least that's my plan!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #236  

Hi Scarlet , just caught your post before logging out. That's good that your the same and didn't have a gain, maintained your loss, and starting your new day and week with a clean slate! I have to run, wtg on your plan, have a great day. Catch you all later on.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #237  
Back at it...again!

Scarlet I'm sure it doesn't feel like as much of a workout without the sweat, but it ALL counts! You're doing great and eventually the loss will be what you want. At this point your focus can be diet and that's probably good since trying to change everything at once sometimes leads to burnout anyway. You are doing what works for your body for this time, so keep up the good work!

FullSteam Ahead AWESOME!! 1.5 is a lot to lose all at once!! I'm glad you shared the good news and inspired the rest of us to keep plugging away at this month's challenge!

nickirose I hear ya about not making the goal, but still feeling good about the efforts. You've hit many milestones this month and will continue to kick butt, so no shame!!

Well, today is WW weigh-in and I should be down 1+ pounds, so I'm happy about that and look forward to continued progress there. I'm gonna finish this month strong (in effort anyway, the results are sometimes elusive)....then next month, obesity can eat my dust!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #238  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls! I was down to 174.0 this morning, not a big loss but still a loss! I walked 2 miles this morning, but then it looked like it was about to rain so I went inside and did the wii. I finally unlocked the free step. I was only able to do it for 10 minutes today before I started feeling sick, but I got almost 1000 steps in during that 10 minutes. I think I'll use this activity a lot since I can do it while I watch TV.
FullSteam, Lewisempire, and Ms. Perception Great job on the losses!!
Nicki Rose I probably won't be making my goal for this month either, but we still exercised, ate healthy and loss some weight and that's what counts
Scarlet That's great that you didn't gain, I'm sure you'll see a loss very soon!

Seems like everyone is doing great so far this week, no gains
I haven't taken my measurements in a few weeks, so I'm gonna take those tomorrow morning and hopefully see some inches gone! I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow. Till then Happy Losing

Last edited by zoochick777; 03-24-2009 at 08:14 PM.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #239  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Today I actually got to do Zumba so it was great. I also fit in a 30 Day Shred too. Whew!!! LOL

I did find out that my DD needs surgery so I'm scared about that. It isn't big surgery. Tonsils, adnoids (sp?) and tubes in her ears but I'm scared nonetheless.

And I signed up for Praxis II today to work on getting my teaching certificate. Bit scared about that too. I'm kinda scared of failure.
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #240  
ISO my perfect body

WOW- It is already after 11pm, so Ill try and make this a quick check in!
Nicki rose- yikes, surgery is always a little scary! Esp. on the little ones. I know she will do fine, kids bounce back so quick, and surgery is not what it used to be! I don't no much about the tonsil/adenoids, but I went with my 3yearold niece to have tubes placed, "piece of cake"!!! About a week later she said "Auntie Cherie, I can hear so good!" I think she took tylenol twice the day after surgery! We will keep you and DD in our prayers! As far as you and school, Yay! you will be such a great example for your daughter! You can do it! We need good teachers so badly!

Zoochick! We do get excited about little losses around here! YYYIIIPPPEEE! you did it! That is so great! And, you didn't let a little rain derail your workout! That is gonna get you were you want to be!!!

Msperception, sometimes we have to go with "slowly but surely" as a motto, but "obesity can eat my dust" works too! I love it!!! Definately words to live by!

Scarlett, I think you confused my weight with msperception, but I hope to be there soon too! Then I would be really close to goal! As far as working up a sweat, I agree, I have to sweat to burn the calories. I think you are doing great, not everyday will be spectacular. Hang in there, keep working your plan, and it will happen. Then after surgery, it will really melt off of you!

Fullsteam ahead! Yay for you lady! -1.5 that is fantastic! I can see your face beaming from here! We really have had a successful week here. Mostly losers! I don't think I remember anyone posting a real gain! that Is AWESOME!!!!! I think I will beam with excitement for all of us now too!!

As for me, I did 4.2 miles on my nordic track to earn calories just so I could splurge on some "cornbread salad" It was yummmmmmyyyyy! I did stay under my calorie range, so I hope the scale will continue to move the right way. Still drinking water and green tea! I really think it is working! Especially at night after dinner when DH starts the snack attack! That is when I have my hot tea, and I have not snacked all week! It feels so good to be on plan, and seeing the results!

Well you great big bunch of "losers", I am all done sipping my tea, so off to bed I will go! Good night!