Old 03-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #76  

Goodmorning girls It is definitely coffee time here.

mickeysofyne

Talina, I need to get DH back in the wii too! He his s leeping in the wii plaza......that is so funny! If he doesn't go in for a while it has him fall asleep. I finally beat my step score yesterday and called it a day, I am still working on perfecting my score though wonder if I will tire of it once I do. THe DDR sounds right up my alley, definitely keeping that one on the backburner. Wtg on the walking Talina, I love walking as well. I wear my sneakers because when I went with DH once in shoes, ouch! Hope your feet are feeling better. OH, great job on passing up the buttery bread and having smaller portions!

Hi Sabriena, that is great that you exercised every day this week! I have been hearing so much about that 30 day shred, is that the one that claims you lose the weight? Oh if anyone has comcast on demand, I think it is in there (jillian michaels workout) under exercise t.v and it is free! I was wondering how tough of a workout it was, Jillian does not appear to be one to monkey around! lol wtg on your workout girls keep us posted.

As for me, all is well here. I had a good day yesterday planwise, I got a little hungry at night and well after dinner but did not succumb to it and drinking the water helped. I had mini meals and snacks throughout the day (soups, banana, etc) and that makes such a difference in the sense that I am not famished by dinner time and notice I eat less at dinner and am satisfied. At this point I am again making an effort to eat a bit of something every 2 or 3 hrs. to boost metabolism and stave off hunger. THe soups seem to be working great....time will tell, I will keep you posted.

It is only 9 degrees here right now, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...the sun is shining though and we will have more seasonal temps by weeks end. I absolutely cannot wait for the recent fallen snow to melt again so that I can hit the walking route with DH outdoors.

I hope you all have a great day, keep up the good work ladies and remember it is a new day for us. We still have a whole month so let's keep at it, one day at a time. Talk later
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #77  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the Big WELCOME friends! I am so glad I found you all! I want to lose 10lbs this month!

FullStreamAhead-Where are you in that 9 degree weather? That's COLD!!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

Today my daughter is making us all dinner, but since she and her fiance are very health minded, I don't need to stress out, it's going to be fish and salad for sure, and that is always a good thing no matter what plan you're on!! I'm not sure what else she's making but I know I can eat at least that...we don't all eat together that often (we live together but have really different work schedules) so it will be a treat!!

It's my day off and I am going to be busy so that is a good thing...on to the day!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #79  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

fullsteam it is nice. i really enjoy the lounge in the tanning bed. even though it's really short time right now! LOL. I can't believe it is that cold!!! wow!!! Good for you for not succombing (did i spell that right?) to your cravings

sabriena good for you!! yeah i actually still feel like i'm about to die!! i'm hoping to do week 2 by 03.17.09

mickey good luck with your weight loss goal!!!!

talina good for you on passing on the buttery bread!! LOL. and on your walk. it is a hard dvd. i have to take some breaks but i only try to do 5 seconds like jillian says

scarlet i'm so glad that your daughter is cooking a healthy meal so that you don't have to stress

As for me, doing good. Still havent' seen a loss but that's okay. I've been losing pretty consistently and a lot so I was bound to hit a plateau at some point. People are still commenting about my loss and that I look good and I think I'm still losing inches. So I'm cool with it. I met with Clay yesterday and he gave me some great ab/legs/glut exercises. So yesterday I did a lot of work. Today it's just strength and a little crunch work. I wonder if I can do some 30DS later???

Last edited by nicki rose98; 03-04-2009 at 11:32 AM.
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #80  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Well, so far so good. I've walked 8 miles so far this week, and I just finished 30DS. My weight went down another .6 lbs which means I've lost my first 5 lbs since I started my weightloss journey

March Goal:
Walk 50 miles: 8 completed
Lose 10 lbs: .6 lost
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 229/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Since March 1 I have lost 3 pounds (198 to 195). Hoping to keep it off and lose 7 more by the end of the month. Keep up the good work everyone. I'd love to know how much weight we will have lost as a group at the end of the month. Maybe on the 31st we could all post our total lost. It is so inspiring to see so many people doing the hard work it takes to get back down to a healthy weight.
efova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #82  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

OMG- we have a big bunch of chicks here! AWESOME! I read the posts, sounds like everyone is doing well!
just wanted to check in quick! Keep up the good work! We are looking GOOD!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #83  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Ladies, glad to hear all the different ideas on here for exercise, eating etc.
Yesterday, I hit my 5% loss with WW, which was one of my goals to accomplish in March. So, I'm very pleased with that. Still 4.8# to lose for my March goal, but I know I can do it. I've also decided to add an inches goal to lose at least 3 inches overall for the month. I decided the inches are as important as the pounds for me at this point.
Today I had my cheat meal and probably could've eaten a little (or a lot) less, but I plan to work out soon and work most of it off. I may do 2 workouts today because I've enjoyed the progress I saw a couple days ago and would hate to put a halt to it already. I'm even debating a better way to go about my cheat meal. I appreciate not feeling deprived and I don't feel way over-stuffed, but I don't want it to adversely affect my progress. I should DEFINITELY watch the portions a little more. It was pizza and I had 6 slices which was a (4 regular and 2 dessert pizza). I knew it was overboard. The idea is that it's a chance to eat the kinds of food I'm missing not to eat outrageous quantities of it!! Live and learn, right?
My breakfast was very OP and I'm doing soup for supper (typical on my cheat meal day so I don't way over do my cals). So, no major damage will be done. Now, I better get to gettin'.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #84  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to a routine. DS's and myself were all under the weather. Only good thing that came of it was I lost 5lbs but I'm sure I will make that up now that I can keep things down. YUK! Note to self...make sure we get our flu shots next year.
Krista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #85  

hi gals

IT's so nice to come in and read everyones news. It sure is fun

Dumpling , oh indeed it was cold here this morning! I am in Mass. and we just had about a foot of snow the night before last and very cold temps. to boot! It did warm up during the day though, up into the 20's and should progressively get warmer each day this week. Melt snow, melt! lol My DH has traveled to Kentucky quite a bit for business and will also be traveling to winchester this summer. How are your temps right now? By the way, just love your pic, it is full of good energy and you are so very welcome for the welcome .

Scarlet, I think that is great that your daughter ismaking you dinner tonight, it's so nice to be treated like that once in a while. You can't go wrong with the fish, it is uber healthy and as for the rest...I do hope you enjoy it. When we went to the neighbors Sat. night it was a very healthy dinner yet we had this cool lemon thing pie with gelato...I felt bad not finishing the gelato but it was too sweet for me and naturally I did not say anything. My point is, an occasional treat like that is very nice, enjoy it and I hope you did I hope you all had a wonderful night together and that you enjoyed your day off. Keeping busy is a good thing indeed! That helps me tremendously! wtg scarlet!

nicki roseeeee, me neither girl! lol. I can't beleive it's this cold here either. Nicki, it sounds like your doing great and that your in a good place. IT's real cool that you got clay too giving you some pointers. Keep up the great work a nd ty for the words of encouragement . Ohhhhh, inches mean so much! I am that I did not take my measurements sooner, I see such a visible difference and when that blasted scale doesnotmove it is sure nice to have something else to go by. Hope you had a great day. After TOM, I am taking my measurements heck ya, we need all the ammo we can get!

zooooooo chick , oh you! wtg 8 miles so far and 30 DS? zoochick , on your exercise and your weight loss ty for sharing with us and keep up the great work.

efova, hi there congratulations to you as well What a great idea about tallying up our weight loss lbs. Sounds awesome.

Lewisempire, yah baby and your one of those chicks aw you!

Ms Perception , Yayyyyyyyyyy on hitting that 5 percent goal yesterday that so rocks! Regarding the inches, you said it! RIght after TOM I will take them and keep track, the visual difference alone at this point is amazing and it sure is nice to have something else to go by then just that darn scale! Speaking of cheat meal and ah the investigation p rocess as discusse before, ay ay ay...not an easy ticket! YOur a smooth investigator though jess, lol and I know you will nail it! I like your soup for dinner idea after such a cheat because my so called overinduldgences, when they happen, are always at dinner and hardly at lunch. Your smart! breakfast OP, soup for dinner..........dang kiddo,keep rocking it! As for not feeling deprived, ditto! It is a delicate balance and one I have been striving for immensely, pushing myself to exercise and eat right and hitting tha t fine line without going overboard because yes indeed there is such a thing as pushing toohard! I guess like anything else in life, we strive for that balance...middle ground. Keep on trucking sweety and ty again for helping me during that terribly frustrating time! Hey? I havn't given up the fight and will report on Tuesday,wish me luck chicky! lol
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

I so can't wait to post a loss like so many of you are already doing--good going all of you ( and to the rest of us, let's keep going, it's going to happen for us too!!!)
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #87  
Back at it...again!

Krista-- So sorry to hear you and DS are not feeling well. Hope you're able to bounce back quickly and get back into the swing of things. Take it nice and easy...don't want to relapse! Take care of yourself.

Scarlet--You bet your butt you'll see results when you stick with it! Way to go cheering everyone on! Here's for you:

Efova--I also like your idea of tallying up the total #s lost in the group at the end! Holy cow! 3# already this month?! You ROCK!

Zoochick--keep up the good work. Slow and steady wins the race, so congrats on the .6!!

Lewisempire--you always sound so upbeat. Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate your energy...send some my way!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 229/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Ms Perception:

I had my period the last week of Feb and my weight went from 198 2/27 to 196 on 2/28 to 202.5(!) on 3/1 to 198 on 3/2, so I used 198 on 3/2 as my start number since 202.5 on 3/1 was clearly water weight. If i was really ambitious I would have used 196 but I think that may have been a fluke since I'd had a few drinks the night before and was probably a little dehydrated when I weighed in.
efova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #89  
Back at it...again!

OMG, Fullsteam! I forgot to mention you...one of my fave chickies!! Thanks for starting these monthly threads. It is much easier to set goals like that! I just wanted to say, you are AWESOME!! Thanks for all your encouraging words and the incredible energy you bring to these threads. You're an inspiration to me...so keep up the good work!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 199/185/150

Height: 5'4"

zoo & Efora: Way to go on your weight loss!!! That is so great and posts like that keep me going toward my goal.

Ms Perception: Congrats on your 5%!!! I'm waiting to get to my 10% I'm only 8lbs away

Everybody seems to be doing so good. I'm so happy for everybody.

As for my goals:
50miles: 8miles in so far
10lbs: I think I've already lost about 3lbs so I'm feeling very positive about a SUPER March!!!
skinnynene is offline   Reply With Quote