Old 12-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #31  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Losingforanother: Cool idea about the friend with the gifts. Too bad I couldn't afford to go on vacation every 10 pounds.

Sexyshado: Welcome to the challenge. So are you doing anything specific? You and I have the same monthly goals (minus a pound)...and same height. This should be interesting. I really hope to "talk" to you soon.
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Sonja's December Goals

OK, now that we are officially in December, here's the goals:

1. Track food and calories
Sat: did it. damn wine!
Sun:

2. 1500 cals/day
Sat: 2000
Sun:

3. 30 min exercise, 6 days/week. Ideally: Mon/Thurs gym classes, Tues/Fri yoga classes, Wed/Sun jogging, or treadmill at the gym if too cold.
Sat: yoga class (making up for skipping exercise on Fri)
Sun:

4. No drinking or smoking
Sat: not so good. lots of wine ---> lots of cigarettes , not to mention lots of calories
Sun:

I'll make Sundays my weigh in day.
12/2: 148
12/9:
12/16:
12/22:
12/29:

Month:............Start........Goal
Dec:................148.................143
Jan:.................143.................138
Feb:................138.................133
Mar: ...............133.................128
Apr:.................128................123!!!!!!

Wow that's motivating!

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 12-02-2007 at 04:35 PM.
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #33  

OK, while I'm able to be at a computer, here I go.

I got sooooooo drunk last night!! I had been doing so well, and then we had a little dinner party at my friend's house, very fun, but I seriously hit the wine. So I feel pretty bad about that. At least 600 cals or so worth of alcohol. How stupid.
Bright point -- because of this challenge, I wrote down all my food anyway (well, as much as I could remember!), and am now feeling very motivated to get to the gym today! So that's really good, because a day like this could mean a total derailment from all the good I've been doing the past week. This morning, my boyfriend and I went out to breakfast because we were both feeling like junk from the night before. Often, this means that I'm going to order the nastiest, greasiest thing on the menu, but I didn't do to badly today. And like I said, it was really helpful to track it all, because now I'm reminded of my goals, and what it will take to reach them.
Plus, the good thing about drinking a ton is that when you weigh yourself the next day, you're like 3 lbs down from being so dehydrated.
So, I'm at the library, kind of working on school stuff, so I'd better get back to work.
Hope you're all have a good day!!
Sonja
Old 12-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #34  
Renee

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ScottBrianMeagan View Post
Sexyshado: Welcome to the challenge. So are you doing anything specific? You and I have the same monthly goals (minus a pound)...and same height. This should be interesting. I really hope to "talk" to you soon.
I am currently doing WATP Express 1 & 2 Miles and counting calories (though it's not going so well lately). I know I need to push myself more, but since thanksgiving I seem to be lacking the motivation. I don't feel my 11lbs or 14 total inches lost yet, but I hope to soon. It will be very interesting to see how this goes.
Sexyshado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #35  
TBL-Red Team Member

Sonja: Only for motivation, I am sending you this info. You probably already know this. When you have alcohol in your system, your body is burning the alcohol, and can not burn fat. If you really had too, could you just limit to once a week, and maybe exercise that day and the next, and probably drinking water to rehydrate. I did a search, and just copied the info. for you. I know their are better articles then this, but I have a baby that really love hitting the computer keys, so I try not to stay on too long.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/alcohol-lose-weight.htm
"The energy from alcohol cannot be stored so it must be oxidised and converted into energy for immediate use by the cells. While our body uses up all the alcohol circulating in the blood, the oxidation of fats, carbohydrates and protein becomes suppressed; because of this more of these macronutrients are forced into storage than under normal conditions without alcohol. Alcohol can make you fat in an indirect manner."
Old 12-03-2007, 01:16 PM   #36  
TBL-Red Team Member

Sonja: Now you can spank my hand....he he. I did horrible over the weekend, so I gained back plus added two pounds. However, when I got on the scale this morning, I am back to 205, even though I had a Hershey bar before bed. My mother-in-law loves bringing the boys a whole package of these. I never buy these for the house, but when she brings them, ooooh it is so hard to resist. Great job on your exercise and keeping track of your calories. Ooooh, look at that......final goal in April. I see your Birthday is in Feb. Mine is too. On the 21st. I would love to be at my goal weight then, but this is just not happening. If I can just be at my goal by the end of next year, I will be happy. Happier if it would happen before bathing suit season.
Rachel
Old 12-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #37  
TBL-Red Team Member

Sexyshadow: I love WATP. I stopped doing them after I got the treadmill, but I couldn't say enough good about that program. Hope you are having a good start to the week.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #38  
TBL-Red Team Member

Hey everyone. I hope you don't mind, but I deleted a few posts that had all the challenge information. I put the info in the first post on the first page, so we could see it first thing. Hopefully this will help us, so we don't have to search for it, and we can see how we are doing. Please always feel free if I need to make any changes.

I hope everyone is doing great! I will post back my mini-goals for the week later. I really need to get on the ball. One of my sons doesn't understand why my little chick on my ticker hasn't moved.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #39  

Quote:
I see your Birthday is in Feb. Mine is too. On the 21st

ME TOO!!! How exciting. I don't know anyone with my birthday!!

Thanks for the info on the alcohol -- if I'm going to be really sincerely candid here, I'll admit that part of me feels that I might have a more serious problem with booze than I'd really like to admit. The weight is part of it, but the truth is that I've depended on beer as a social lubricant since 8th grade, and when that happens, you start to believe that there is no other way to be in a social situation other than drunk. So that is a struggle for me, and I want to challenge myself to give it up for a while, so that I can show myself that I can have fun without it. Anyway, I didn't drink anything yesterday, and I'll skip my nightly glass of wine tonight, too -- one day at a time!!

So I'm sitting here at work, realizing that I have very little time to get all of my papers done and also get my exercise in. I might have to let myself off the hook for the next few days, as I scramble through the end of the semester. I'm not that psyched about that at all, though.

Hope all is well with everyone -- I feel like I haven't heard a lot from everyone lately!! What's up??

Sonja
Old 12-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #40  

1. Track food and calories
Sat: did it. damn wine!
Sun: check
Mon: check

2. 1500 cals/day
Sat: 2000
Sun: 1200
Mon:

3. 30 min exercise, 6 days/week. Ideally: Mon/Thurs gym classes, Tues/Fri yoga classes, Wed/Sun jogging, or treadmill at the gym if too cold.
Sun: no time!!!!
Mon: papers getting in the way -- excuses, excuses, but seriously!!

Sat: not so good. lots of wine ---> lots of cigarettes , not to mention lots of calories
Sun:
Mon:
Old 12-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

It's Tuesday morning and I weigh 151!!!! I love it, I love it! I did not make my self goal of hitting the 140's before December 1st, but I will make my outside goal of 145 by January 1st.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #42  

1. Track food and calories/1500 cals a day
Sat: 2000. damn wine!
Sun: 1200
Mon: 1800. this is what happens when i get too hungry at work, get home and start snacking. boo.

2. 30 min exercise, 6 days/week. Ideally: Mon/Thurs gym classes, Tues/Fri yoga classes, Wed/Sun jogging, or treadmill at the gym if too cold.
Sun: no time!!!!
Mon: papers getting in the way -- excuses, excuses, but seriously!!
Tues: this week isn't looking good for exercise.

Sun:
Mon:
Old 12-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #43  
TBL-Red Team Member

Sonja: Congrats on no wine or cigs on Mon and Tues. I totally understand about the social drinking. BK (Before kids), I hated to go to any social gathering without drinking. I didn't feel like I could have fun either without drinking. I was always shy in the social crowd, so drinking got me out of being shy for the moment.

Now, my social crowd has totally changed and alcohol just isn't really in my environment. I think what really changed my drinking habits, other than my religious convictions, was when my oldest son was playing pretend house, and he asked me if I wanted him to fix my favorite drink.....I said sure......he brought me a pretend Margarita. I was floored.......that put alot of light on my habits....that was so long ago....now he is eight, and he doesn't even know the word Margarita.

I may have missed this, but are you taking classes or is the "paper work" from your job?

I can't believe your birthday is the exact as mine. Now every year, I'll think about you on my birthday......and send up a little prayer for you that you are doing well on your weightloss journey. Okay here is my pact: This is the last birthday that I will be overweight (unless I get pregnant again.) Oohhh the shame: how many times have I said that on New Year's Eve.

Good luck with the exercise this week. Overall, it looks like you are doing really well with everything. Have a great day today!!!

Rachel
Old 12-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #44  
TBL-Red Team Member

Mothermavis: Yeah on the weightloss. You are so close to the 140's. Did I read on another thread that you are going on vacation in the spring? If yes, what is goal before the vacation?

I am really seriously thinking about setting up a good vacation for this summer, and that I can only go if I get this weight off.

Have a great day!
Rachel
Old 12-05-2007, 07:54 AM   #45  
TBL-Red Team Member

Okay ladies: I am putting this up to give you that extra push! Here is what I have so far. Mothermavis is in the lead. I am closing in on her fast. Who is going to come out the "gate" and take the lead away?

5 pound race:

Losing4Another:
MotherMavis: -2 pound
Slisette(Sonja):
Mom2SBM (Rachel): - 1 pound
Grazer:
Sexyshodow: