Old 11-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #16  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Mom2scott~ It all looks great and fun too Right now I only have the one goal. As the weeks pass I will have more as this getting the points down gets easier.

Everyone one I've told about weightwatchers has said the same thing. They thought about going and haven't because of this or that. Thats my story as well. I've wanted to join for a while as well but getting there was a problem for a while then I thought why spend that money when I can do it on my own for free. My last try on my own failed..I started my last try diet in sept/oct. I lost 8 pounds gained back 4 loss 2 .... gained all but four of the eight pounds back hit a wall then finally said thats it I can't do it on my own it's time to go to weight watchers. All the food that will be around this month I'm glad I decided to join now instead of waiting until after the holidays. Maybe now I have a more of a fighting chance not to be up another 10 pounds by jan 1st.

I love your idea of saving money while you lose. I tried that for other goals but ended up spending the money Cash was to easy for me to spend. I never have cash on me so that was a bad idea. Maybe I could try it again and put it in an money order so it's not so easy to spend.
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm loving this forum!!
Rachel, I like the idea of closing this out on the 5th. Perfect.
As for my goals, so far so good -- I almost snuck out of my 30 min of cardio today, but decided to go out for a jog (which turned into mostly a walk, but whatever). But as far as I'm concerned, this challenge doesnt REALLY start until Dec. 1st!!
And I know what you mean about writing the weight i "should be" on the calendar. It's really depressing when I've written 130 lbs and I still weigh 150! Feels motivating when I write it, but doesn't really work out. I think I'm going to try to do this one day at a time this time around.
And as for WW, I think it is a great program. Really healthy. I'm not currently involved, but good luck to you!!
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #18  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

The fourth, and in my opinion, the best, is to make goal/goals for the week (or even day to day promises) to do with exercise &/or nutrition, and keep them.

I made this change to the challenge, because I think this is more of an individual thing. So make one self-promise or 10. The main thing is to make at least one, and keep it. Now you may actually plan to not do something every day. For example, Wednesdays, I am not able to get to my exercises or all the water down, so this is a plan down day. If I am able, I will do it on Wednesday, but if not, I will make it up on Saturday or Sunday.

Also, if I go on vacation or if I am going to be out of the house all day, I am going to plan on not getting my water in, ect. So I know what I can do for the day and what I can't. I have to be honest with myself and I promise to be honest with you guys, so ya'll can hold me accountable.

So what do ya think????
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #19  
TBL-Red Team Member

My Mini-goals:

1. Drink at least 3 quarts of water a day.

Monday: drank 4 quarts (man was I going to the bathroom a lot)
Tues: 3 quarts down (still using alot of TP)
Wed: Planned day off, but I did get 2 quarts down.

2. Walk at least 10 minutes on Treadmill.

Monday: Walked 20 minutes on Treadmill.
Tues: Walked 10 minutes (would not have done this if I didn't have my Fri. to look forward to.)
Wed: Planned day off.

3. Do 100 crunches.

Monday: 100 crunches, 100 inner leglifts and 100 outher leglifts (while nursing-thought I could do something while I was just laying in bed last night trying to get my baby to sleep), 100 stomach suckins (can't think of the name of these), 100 Buttlifts, 100 alternate buttlifts, 20 wall pushups.

Tues: 100 Crunches, 20 push-ups, 100 alterante buttlifts.
Wed: Planned day off
Old 11-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #20  
TBL-Red Team Member

Okay gals! I really only made a few changes this week. Not really focusing on my diet this week. Maybe this is why I am 204 this morning. Yesterday, I was 204 1/2. (I do know that weight will fluctuate from day to day....been a scale watcher for me not to know this). But for me, I am really trying to only make a few changes, stick to them, and then make more changes. In the past, I would make all the changes at once, and get burnt out, and quit.

Sonja: Way to go on your jog/walk. Pating your cyber back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Losing for another: Keeping track of the points, is one of the reasons I never did try Weight Watchers. But one day, I know I am going to have to start writing in a food journal or something to keep track of my food and its calories. Not looking forward to putting this on my mini-goal list, but one day I will (maybe, ha..ha).

As for saving, could you maybe start a free savings account? I might try that, because in the past when I would get a weekly allowance (before kids), I would mentally take it out of the checking account and say I have so and so. I never really did spend money on myself, so in the end I would say I had over a couple of thousand dollars. Of course kids came along, bills piled up and my money no longer available for me to get. You know, the $700 dollars at the end of this sounds great (because I am going to take it with noooooo guilt), but I am not sure if this is a motivator for me or not. I think I might talk to my husband, and say I also get something at the time of the 10 pound loss.....Something to look forward to. I don't know.....I am going to have to think this over.

Right now I am sitting here, feeling like my goal is so far away. Okay, I need a good kick in the rear. Okay....lets just focus on my little chick getting to the flamigo (see sig.).

I hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

My Mini Goals are:

1. Track my eating and think about what I'm eating.

2. It's okay to have a cookie but not 6!

3. Exercise 3 times per week

4. Drink 6 glasses of water daily
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

My mini-goals
3L of water every day
Eat clean, just what I plan for each day
Exercise every day, todays was TurboAbs on exercise TV, I love Exercise TV

I like the idea of a reward too. I have to think on that, maybe a facial for my next 10 pounds, then a pedicure.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:34 AM   #23  
Day 1 back on plan...

MomtoScott~ I agree the writing everything down is a pain and that is another reason why I could never do it on my own (at least not for long). When you go to the meetings they give you the kick in the butt to write everything down...When your on your own it's easier to say nah not today.

I have another account that I could use to save but it's also to easy for me to spend. That debit card is just as easy as cash. The only way I could save is with a money order. The money order I would have to take to the bank to cash. I couldn't just spend it on anything.
If your goal is just to reward yourself ...instead of saving cash you could just do rewards for yourself. For the goals you hit like......10 pounds gone I will get my hair done...20 pounds gone 2 new outfits for myself ...something like that. Or something more depending on how much you want to spend. Doing both works too but I would have to agree that smaller goals will keep you going longer with a more reachable goal

I went out to eat today with some friends and didn't even get into my flex points. I'm still with in my daily limit Still came home full and not wanting another bite YAY! Drink my water too.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #24  
TBL-Red Team Member

My Mini-goals:

1. Drink at least 3 quarts of water a day.

Monday: drank 4 quarts (man was I going to the bathroom a lot)
Tues: 3 quarts down (still using alot of TP)
Wed: Planned day off, but I did get 2 quarts down.
Thur: 3 quarts down
Fri: 3 quarts down

2. Walk at least 10 minutes on Treadmill.

Monday: Walked 20 minutes on Treadmill.
Tues: Walked 10 minutes (would not have done this if I didn't have my Fri. to look forward to.)
Wed: Planned day off.
Thur: walked 20 minutes on Treadmill.
Fri: Walked 10 minutes on Treadmill

3. Do 100 crunches.

Monday: 100 crunches, 100 inner leglifts and 100 outher leglifts (while nursing-thought I could do something while I was just laying in bed last night trying to get my baby to sleep), 100 stomach suckins (can't think of the name of these), 100 Buttlifts, 100 alternate buttlifts, 20 wall pushups.

Tues: 100 Crunches, 20 push-ups, 100 alterante buttlifts.
Wed: Planned day off
Thur: 100 crunches
Fri: 100 crunches

Okay! So far so good. On Monday I will come up with new goals. Right now I am enjoying my "night" off for sticking to my goals. My husband is right now watching the two boys and the baby girl, and he has cooked dinner and is doing all the clean-up.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:28 PM   #25  
TBL-Red Team Member

Red face

Hello Ya'll. Can you tell that I am from the South.

Thanks for all the support. I do feel that this is helping me.

About the rewards: I am re-evaluating this. I am still going to take that $100 for every 10 pounds, but I do want something for every 5 or 10 pounds, or maybe everytime I meet my monthly goal. I love a good competition (with others and with myself). I am loving my weekly reward of getting the night off everytime I do all my mini-goals. My husband is being so supportive.

Okay! So the month is getting ready to start. We have 31 days to loose 5 pounds. So I haven't come up with what I am going to reward myself on Jan. 1st, but I will try to come up with something. Anyone else want to pamper themselves on Jan. 1st when you meet your 5 pound goal? If yes, have you decided what it is?

Hope to "talk" to ya soon.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Sorry I've been MIA -- my computer cord blew and so I'm without my laptop for a week or so. I will check in as much as I can, though!
So, tomorrow, I start tracking myself for real. Been pretty good this week, so hopefully I'll be able to keep it going for the month of December!
A change to my starting weight, though -- 148.5. That's a good thing! So my goal for the end of the month is 143.5, not 145.
So, I didn't get the yoga class in today, but I did take care of a lot of errands I needed to do. I'll make up for it tomorrow.
OK, hopefully I'll check in with you gals tomorrow. Good luck!!
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:45 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Hi, need to change my goal weight to 170 by Jan 1. 160s I'm lookin' for ya!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #28  
TBL-Red Team Member

Okay! I got on the scale this morning and (crying my little eyes out....not really) I weighed 207. I am not going to change my goal for the weight, because I was a little bad last night, and I feel like I am retaining alot of water...my fingers even feel a little swollen. Man, way too much salt. I need to make sure I get my water in today. So I will stick to the 205 as starting weight. I'll just have to get really busy to loose that 2 pounds plus the 5 for this month. I am not going to change my little ticker. My kids look at that bird and asked if I have lost that 3 pounds....they want to see me get to the flamigo. I would hate for them to see that bird go backwards. I know, I know....this sounds silly, but I will have to get on the ball this week.

Sonja: I feel for you about your cord. I go through those cords like crazy. The kids and I are very rough on them. Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing sooooo good.

Grazer: Congrats on your weight loss. I am so happy for you.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #29  
Day 1 back on plan...

I'm not sure yet on rewards just yet. A friend and I went on a diet together (before i joined WW) and for our 5lbs losses we were going to send each other little under 10 bucks gifts. We made the first reward but then we both kinda fell off our diets. I do like the idea though. Something small for every 5lbs and something bigger for every 10 lbs. Now to just think of what my rewards will be.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #30  
Renee

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I'm in for this one.

Start weight: 204 (Dec 1st 2007)

Date:...............................Goal:......... .......Actual:

Jan 1, 08......................... 199 ..................
Feb 1, 08......................... 194
Mar 1, 08......................... 189
April 1, 08........................ 184
May 1, 08........................ 179
Jun 1, 08......................... 174
July 1, 08......................... 169
Aug 1, 08......................... 164
Sept 1, 08........................ 159
Oct 1, 08......................... 154
Nov 1, 08......................... 149
Dec 1, 08......................... 144
Sexyshado is offline   Reply With Quote