everyone!

Congrats Mistie and Soon!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:16 PM   #92  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

dubh
I have a hate relationship with the scale. I think they are useful tool but are too often a source of stress and the cause of overeating because of a "good" weigh in...and the same if it's a bad weigh in. I know it's difficult but really once a week, I think is enough. Pick a date and weigh on that day...if you can't...weigh the next week. Keep moving!

I have to exercise, it's so that I feel frumpy and loathsome if I can't do some type of moving. I think that's a good thing...hopefully will prevent me from going back to the tubby little girl I was in the beginning of the year.

Enygirl
Yup, pick yourself up and start again...that's what it's all about. Good for you!

seasoning
Good vibes on your result!

Me? I've been working out. Went and worked out yesterday and today. My mom's building has a health club and I"m taking full avantage of the free child care (yay Grandparents) and fabulous equipment!

I am in charge and control!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 174/153/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2beslim View Post
I 'm down one pound. Thats good enough for me since tom is in town.

Don't worry Enygirl.. we all have days like that and I'm sure by Friday it will be back to normal.

Congrats on ur weight loss also!
Mistie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:35 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 174/153/120

Height: 5'6

Thanks Jasonslea

Enygirl... please don't stress about it to much.. i know its easier said then done.. but its just waterweight.. and it will be gone just as fast as it came

Last edited by Mistie08; 11-19-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Mistie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Argh Ive been MIA for a little while. Nothing great to report on the weight loss Ive been stressed and binging. Sigh. Time to get back to it though, how often have i said that recently?! Im feeling really fat and frumpy and I dont want to feel like that anymore. The scottish man is back tomorrow, yey!! So im hoping having him back will stop me binging because I will be so much happier. My final weigh is on the Friday 30th Nov, so we will see what the final outcome is then.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #96  
focus creates results

Ok Ladies! It's almost the end of November. Time to start making it count!! My husband is off from work but has two conference calls today and so I may have to squeeze in a small work out for the day.

I had a fantastic workout last night so I'm still riding high from that. The kids are down with icky sickies...one has Strep...the other has what looks to be like the beginnings of Strep. Ew.

Day by day....we go on... One step in front of the other....

Have a wonderful day women.
Make it count like it's your last!
Old 11-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #97  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Welcome back Piggin! Happy that Scot's home.

Just to let yall know, the DMV is EVIL!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #98  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

I've been bad. And maybe a little delusional. Basically, I haven't been watching what I was eating or doing. I've been lazy and the scale showed it. As always, I have a plan. Rejoining WW Thursday......and I just realized that is Thanksgiving. I wonder if they are still going to have it? Regardless, I'm rejoining this week and am going back to counting my points and writing everything down. I'm getting a fresh start in other areas of my life - new job, new state - why not my WL?
Old 11-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #99  

Jasonslea - like your attitude and motivation!! WTG!! Too often we make excuses to ourselves, its the holidays, its a birthday party, blah blah, when really we should get started because we need to learn to plan for special occassions etc when we are healthy eating etc anyway - go for it and get started again!! You will feel so smug embarking on this over thanksgiving!!!
Scottish man is due to land in 4 hours and I am beyond excited!! BEYOND!! I can concentrate, I have tried to keep myself busy at work but its just not happening!!! LOL!! Cant wait to see him again!! Im obviously feeling happier already, yesterday was very clean, today has also been clean. I want so much to be one of those people who doesnt really think about food and treats it as fuel. For example if I know there is something chocolate or equally yummy, I have to have it, i have to eat it until its gone. I wish i had the control to leave it alone!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #100  
focus creates results

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigginpodgey View Post
For example if I know there is something chocolate or equally yummy, I have to have it, i have to eat it until its gone. I wish i had the control to leave it alone!!!!
I feel that way sometimes. I have a few bites and it's yummy, and then I have a few more...and then I start thinking, might as well finish this whole bowl full of XYZ! It's very dangerous territory for a serial overeater. I think I finally have a handle on it such that I do stop at the first few bites, or take a small bowl full of a treat and that's all I eat.

It's very hard though. At my request my family is trying to honor my wishes, Mom's decided against making those pecan cookies I CAN'T RESIST!! And when I step back, aside from the mashed potatoes, the turkey is a rather healthy food.

*book* I know!

I had a great day yesterday. My husband was off so he watched the kids while I had a great long workout, then went to dinner at this nice little Italian place on 2nd Avenue. I ate the Tomato Salad, and had a grilled swordfish with Balsamic Reduction and steamed Garlic Broccoli! YUM! Plus I got to catch up with an old friend I went to high school with.

Hubby has a tooth extraction today so I'm unsure I'll be able to do much of anything. I will eat clean.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #101  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Piggin ~ Your excitement is rubbing off on me!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #102  
move it

Happy Thanksgiving to all of us in the US of A!

And I hope you're have a wonderful visit, piggin!
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:38 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!
So after last week's complete SNAFU - and finally I was told that the true reason that I was SO far over after one binging weekend is because the scale we've been using at work was #6 off. They replaced it Monday morning with a new one - and that's why I jumped up #10.5! My actual weigh in for the week was #192.8 - and after I redid all my previous weights to reflect the new scale, I was up #1.3 from last Friday... not bad figuring I had a complete binge weekend, and only 5 day to recoop instead of the normal 7 between weigh ins.

I'm not losing sight of the goal... I know that I'm obviously not going to hit #179 by the end of the month... that was a different scale's goal (and this one is right we added weights to it just to check ) but... I don't think that #189 is out of the question.

Have a safe and healthy Turkey Day... and Remember - start with the fresh veggies - you can eat a plate full with minimal calories - then you'll be too full to eat the 6 slices of pumpkin pie (ok maybe that's just my norm. )
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #104  

Happy thanksgiving all of you!!

Im very thankful that my lovely scottish man is back where he belongs, yey!! He gave me a talking to about all the shaking, feeling sick, so Ive made an appointment with the dr next wednesday and maybe they can do some tests.

Im feeling so much happier since he got back yesterday, I wasnt even hungry at lunch, I did just have a chocolate bar which wasnt great but I do think I will lose weight whilst he is back. I just dont want to comfort eat when hes here!!

Good news about the scale Enygirl! Phew!
seasoning - thank you Im enjoying him very much!! hehe!! Its lovely to have him back!!
Old 11-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #105  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

I'm kinda proud of myself. My auntie called early this morning wanting to know if I was coming by. She sent over my cousin to pick me up. Called my mama, her and the family were watching football, of course. My auntie made a FABULOUS Thanksgiving dinner. I had a little of everything and I was FULL! A FIRST! Usually, I get seconds....thirds...sometimes fourths but not today. I think it's because she put spinach in the mac'n'cheese (that rocked out loud!). When I left, all I had on my to-go plate was mounds of spinach mac and a little sliver (I've never seen a piece that small....and I cut it!) of sweet potato pie.....my favorite pie! So I think I did good.