Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Thanks Lekhika! If only my ‘acquaintances’ were as kind as you and offered words of encouragement

Weekends are usually gluttonous days for me. This weekend although I ate a lot I also exercised a lot, and so I feel good about it.

Friday night I spent 2 hours in the Gym (not continuous training) by the end I didn’t feel too good. I felt weak, and nauseas, a feeling I associate with a drop in blood pressure. I think I needed to eat and trained too long. I was waiting for my boyfriend to finish playing Racquetball so I keep hopping on different machines.

Saturday I went for a long work with the dog. He got attacked by a boxer/pitball mix, which really scared me. In the fight he got out of his collar ran into the road and nearly got squashed by a huge truck…so that was nice!

As I had lots of calories available to me by Saturday evening so I made Chicken Fajitas with all the side dishes, guacamole, refried beans, chimicurri, and I pigged out! And I had nothing to feel guilty about!

Sunday I went to the gym for a shorter session. I am learning to play racquetball, I have just got to the stage that I have stopped running away from the ball. It is an exhausting sport!

I have lost focus slightly and have been drinking beer with friends when they come over. This ruins all previous efforts during the day. This week I will focus on cutting out beer again.

Tonight I intend do a short Tae Bo session at home, and then do a session on my Abs as I have been ignoring them.
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Height: 5'1

Hi all,

I had a great weekend. I went to curves on friday, had a busy weekend with friends and ate very well. So far so good. I'm off to curves again today.
I'm trying not to step on the scale until the end of the month.
Good luck to everyone. We can do it!!!
soon2beslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #33  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Dubh

Whew..that sounds like a rough experience with your dog. I hope he's ok as are you! The work out sounds great! And I LOVE fajitas....I may just have to take the inspiration and run with it. I need to go to the grocery store anyway.

YUM! Keep up the great work.

Piggin
How frustrating with the scale! I would seriously throw it against a wall if that happend on my weigh in day!

Mary!

I've missed you so! Glad to see you again!

Dea!

Good to see you again too!

I'm dogin well...am on track with my food and water intake and will exercise tonight after the husband gets home.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #34  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Welcome to all our newbies!

So it's official! I got the call from HR today and I start in San Antonio on Dec. 10! Wow. Now, I'm kinda annoyed and excited nervous. Annoyed cause I have about three weeks to pack up my apartment (I hate, hate, HATE packing!) and excited nervous cause I'm actually doing this!!!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Jasonslea - very excited for you, though i feel sorry for you having to pack. Packing is the worst!
Day 2 of eating clean, Im feeling fat and frumpy again at the moment, ive got to twist that into making myself feel motivated to lose the weight, rather than comfort eat. Scottish man is coming back in a week or so, he still doesnt have a date for his flight yet, but it would be nice if I could lose a couple of pounds before he came back.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 AM   #36  
move it

Welcome slim n up, mistie08, and dubh!

Yea for you Shari! And piggin, that's some serious motivation!

I just have time for a quick check-in. Go team!
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

JasonsLea – Congrats on the job! Pack like I pack, chuck everything into Black bin liners 3 hours before you have to go

Riding to my house after work yesterday I started making excuses as to why I shouldn’t exercise last night, here are some of them:

My muscles are a little sore from exercising at the weekend I should give them a rest
I should do some work instead
I will be getting up in the morning to exercise so I don’t need to bother tonight
Etc etc etc

I got home, I didn’t let my bum touch the sofa, I got straight on with it, and do you know why? Because I had written on this forum that I was going to, and I would have felt bad if I didn’t.

3FC works!

This morning I did some more Tae Bo with resistance bands. It’s only 10am and I have had Coffee cake that my colleague baked for us. DAMN HER AND HER IRRISTABLE BAKED GOODS! Maybe an afternoon bike ride for 15 mins is now needed.

How is everyone getting on?
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Hey all,

Everyone is doing great!!
I made it to curves last night and ate well all day.

Hope you all have a great day today!
soon2beslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #39  
focus creates results

Hey all!!

Gosh I really miss Full Steam Ahead. I hope all is well in her camp! Glad to have all of you for company though. I definately am back on the exercise wagon and still am surprised that I maintained my weight for August and September without working out but can't manage to lose even one miserly pound from exercising all of October and through the month of November.

I don't want to say I'm in maintenance because that's not my goal right now, ideally I would like to drop the remaining pound for my ultimate goal. I know that it's just a number on a scale, I know that getting to my goal weight of 105 is not going to change how I feel inside. I know that my self esteem issues will have to be resolved another way...

*sigh*
I wish I had a magic wand to wave it all away.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Debh - Great job sticking to your guns and following through with what you said. I also make excuses to myself - but in the last few weeks the reasons to do it have out won the reasons not to! Integrity can be a powerful thing!

Lehika - not to sound *shrinkish* - but you're right that you do have to face the issues - but honestly acknowledging them is a good first step. Through my reinvention of myself, mind body and soul - I have found that writing everything down... thoughts, feelings etc. especially about myself and self image has helped a TON! Just a suggestion.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #41  
focus creates results

Enygirl

I have kept a journal at my ex-therapist's suggestions since I was a wee girl in college. I know I have issues with my own body because my mother (who just now has broken the 100lb barrier...she's 4'10") has always had been very controlling of her body weight. I don't want to blame her but....it was really always an issue in our house.

In some ways...I feel like if I can be the skinniest among my friends well..then I will have succeeded at something that no one else has. Like that will me make me more worthy, more loveable, somehow wittier and friendlier. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not shy, I have plenty of friends and seem quite gregarious by nature and would be the last person pegged as one having so many self esteem issues...but...well there it is...and that's life.

I think in order to resolve my own quirks, I just need to suck it up and start going to a shrink again.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Lekhika you have it wrong. For example, my nail lady had on a gold bracelet. Beautiful. It rests about 5" up her arm. She took it off and it wouldn't even around my three middle fingers, forget about fitting around my wrist! Just get a lot of friends around you who have a larger bone structure. You'll be itsy bitsy teeny tiny in comparison!

Piggin, how you doing? On track? Better still, how's the new job? Something you like?

JasonsLea, for me it's not the packing. That I kind of enjoy. It's the unpacking and finding all the formerly clean dishes and linens now look like they went through several dust storms and need a round or ten in the dishwasher/washing machine! Do you have a place in San Antonio yet, or do you still have to find one?

Dubh, you hit it girl! Don't let the tush hit the sofa/chair and you can accomplish quite a bit. The minute I sit down, all bets are off!

Soon2beslim is on a roll! Way to go! You'll hit target in no time.

Greetings to all that I haven't mentioned, didn't realize the time and I have to RUN!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #43  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Piggin ~ Glad you are doing alright, sweetie.

Dub ~ ROFLMAO! I know I'm going to like you.

Kappy ~ I don't have a place yet. All my stuff is going into storage until I do.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Day 3 and its all clean!! Exercise has taken a back burner this week really, work is hectic!! Kappy - thanks for asking about my new job, ive been promoted in the company to the big cheese in the travel department- I work with cruise ships and provide excursions for their passengers, and it can be pretty stressful, looong hours, but I love it!! Its now summer here so lots of ships arriving from now on in.
Lekhika - we are all here for you, my mom was always on a diet, i can remember being very young and understanding about diet and watching her leap around to jane fonda workout tapes - i do think her attitude to food impacted me, in that i was very young when i segmented food into bad food and good food and would binge and be sneaky about "bad" food because I was plump.

So im hoping by eating clean and dashing around will help! It will be all about planning and taking packed lunches, nothing worse than being so busy and then you stop for 5 minutes being starving and willing to eat ANYTHING that sits still for long enough!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #45  
focus creates results

Kappy
I know intellectually that of course, th weight is just a number at this point and the difference won't make an internal difference but emotionally...well...it matters. And that really sucks. I need to work at my own issues. Maybe I can do affirmations...I hear they really help. I'd feel pretty silly though, like Stuart Smalley from SNL.

Piggin
You know, I hate to throw the blame on my mother (as I did without qualm a few posts ago). I'm big on personal responsibility and putting due blame where it's due....I don't know though...
I know my obsession with food (whether the scale is going up or down) is self created and fueled now by the culture of thin that's so prevalent in the US media. But a little part of me is curious (and relieved) that this didn't affect me when I was a young girl in high school (SO happy about that).

Oh gosh look at me rambling and rambling.

My eating was not the healthiest yesterday and since my husband is away on a business trip, I didn't account for the time and couldn't let the kids go underfoot so...no treadmill yesterday.

I'll try to get on today, but really don't hold out much hope until my husband gets home. So...I'll have to eat well and get back on the proverbial horse on Thursday.