Old 11-07-2007, 08:35 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Lekhika - I completely understand the weight issue taking control of the household! My mother - who is 5'4" - has always been obese. i watched as a child her go on and off so many diets that I can't even name them all. She would gain and lose and was more then a roller coaster! We all ate horribly! growing up, and it's not that I blame my mother for the fact that I'm obese - but I do think that influence at a young age is incredible.

One of the biggest reasons that I want to lose this weight is so that I can be a positvive influence on my daughter who's 5 1/2. That and I don't want to die in my 30's from an obesity related thing that I could prevent.

Ok - I'm jumping down now
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #47  

Goodmorning all, well I havent been on FC long but have already found the comments of others very helpful and supportive... Thankyou...

My sister n law and I started our weight loss challenge at the beginning of the month as well. She lives in Arizona and im in little old New Zealand, where the grass is green and the skys are blue (not really today tho).... Anywho... we are going well and sticking to our guns lol... we try to contact each other everyday... by email or txt its great and try to stick to 30g fat a day.. Its not really that hard coz there are heaps of foods you can eat

Another challenge I have set with another sister n law in australia is to be able to do (with ease) 25 Boy pressups, by the time I go there for christmas.

Wahoo have never travelled oversea so this is my reward for progress thus far,. Shes up for the challenge so far i can do 20 girl pressup or about 7 boy ones. Boy press ups are much harder.

Anyways keep up the great work everyone
arawagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Lekhika- I can relate to the household issues. Some members of my family have always struggled with weight issues and others seem to always be judgemental which seems to make things worse. All we can do is focus on what we need to do for ourselves and enjoy our accomplishments.

Enygirl- I agree with you that we are influenced at a very young age. Its sometimes hard to get past that and move forward as we grow.

Arawagrl- Welcome!!

On another note: I made it to curves again last night and I love it. I added in alittle more on my bike last night while I watched some tv, and ate well too.
It's great to have others like yous to keep me motivated. We can do it!!
soon2beslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Lekhika it is just a number, and nobody really knows exactly what it is except you. I would absolutely kill to be as small as you. Never, ever gonna happen. It's not the fat that I still have to deal with, it's the bones. I'll probably still weigh more than you a year after death! So when you're out in public and you hear that heavy sigh please realize it isn't somebody passing judgement on you, it's probably me wondering what on earth my parents were thinking of when they selected the specific genes they chose to pass on to me!

My goodness Piggin, working for cruise ships? What fun! Will you be able to stay with the company after you move to join Scottish man? I realize the hours are long and all, but isn't that a tiny bit of an advantage while your biding your time without said man around?

BTW, I made a point of getting a DVD of Yoga for the Rest of Us, I can do a session that is twice as long as before with the other DVD's. Lots easier to do and it feels really good afterwards.
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #50  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Yeah Piggin! Working the job you do now...Do you get discounts? Don't get me wrong but I'll take a grueling day at work any day now than spend a monotonous day at my house~ with the chilluns!

Enygirl
I lay a lot of blame at the feet of the media's obsession with thin too. I mean it started with Calista Flockhart in the mid 90s and now...no one bats an eyelash that Gisele is called one of the more voluptous models...and she has no fat on her....and what she does....is on her boobs!

soon2bslim
It's really hard to not get caught up in all of that, when family is so involved in teh status of each other's weight. I just want to be super careful because like Enygirl I have a young daughter who looks to me for everything and I don't even want her to think she doesn't measure up because of superficial bu**sh*t that I put on her.

kappy
Yay! Yoga makes me so happy!!

I know it's just anumber...and I'm trying to not fixate on it....I'm really trying to be like, it's ok if I just maintain at this stage...but then I start thinking...I could maintain at 110! That's a good number. And I know if i do hit that by november end...I'll be plotting to get to 105...beause what's 5 more pounds?

I'm vicious with myself.

No exercise today. Ate very healthy!

Good day!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 AM   #51  
focus creates results

Hey women! Look alive!

My husband is home! YAY! I get to get in two or three good workouts before the weekend and prep for the weekend long family gathering I'm having. I got a headache last night just thinking about it.

Times like this are always a source of self created stress. I always feel like my house doesn't measure up, like it's too cluttered, like I'm way too unorganized to have people over. *sigh* Kind of sounds like every other thing in my life. I'm not really like this in my "real" life....a bundle of nervousity and self doubt. Just it comes creeping up sometimes.

Ok...I'll stop yammering. Time to get started on my day.

Take care ladies!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #52  

Hi all,
Had a great day yesterday. Made it to curves again and I'm feeling great!!
It always feels so good to exercise. I was feeling kind of crappy the last few months and now know what I was missing. Great to be back on track!!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi Everyone!

Oh Dear! Tuesday was bad. Tuesday is poker night which means eating out and drinking. I blew my calorie allowance out of the water! But I did win poker and to absolve myself I am going to use the winnings to buy free weights and a mat. Does that make it all better? …lol. We all buy in for $4 so don’t worry I am not a hardened Gambler, it’s a social event. I did do Tae Bo Tuesday morning so that helped a little as well.

Last night I went to the Gym and for the first time I did a spin class. It nearly killed me. I thought I had very strong legs but it seems not. I can’t say that I particularly enjoyed it, maybe because I thought it would be easier. But without someone telling me that I have to keep going, I wouldn’t spend 45 mins on a spin bike and definitely wouldn’t stand up for half of that time. ‘MORE RESISTANCE; TURN THAT KNOB!’ hum, How about I fake turning it and then cycle slower so it looks like more resistance? Yep I am only cheating myself, but my legs were jelly and it was the first time I tried it

That was followed by some weights, ski machine and treadmill.

Tonight is a dance aerobics class at the gym, I love it. It is all Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia, Raeggaeton, and Soca, it’s a good hour of arse and boob shaking. It doesn’t feel like exercise. I can then take the moves to the nightclub at the weekend and I don’t look like such a ‘Gringa’ dancing.

Keep going everyone!
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #54  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Dub ~ Ooooo, I LOVE dance aerobics! Haven't been able to go for over a month because of everything that's going on.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:41 AM   #55  
focus creates results

Well...so far I have been able to eat very well but couldn't get in any exercise because of the hectic schedule I've been keeping this week.

Our high holiday, DIwali is upon us and since I"m hosting the festivities over the weekend it's been a lot of running around.

On the menu for me today, errand wise...

Get my son a haircut
short trip to the grocery store (never an easy feat with two little ones)
clean the bathrooms
clean the pantry
clean the store room
go get a gift certificate from barnes & noble
make a tea cozy

I'd better get jumping. I'm just sitting and enjoing my ginger tea in the morning. My husband is going to be done with his bathroom stuff pretty soon and I have to get breakfast started.

I'll try to get in exercise today but I don't hold out much hope for it considering it's D day tomorrow and I have to have the chunk of work done by tonight. Still....I'll try. The reason I'm having a more difficult time than usual getting on that treadmill is because I have been more vigilant about the children's tv watching and if my husband's not here to watch them...I have to have that on otherwise they will get into all sorts of mischief.

I know it sounds like an excuse but it really isn't. I will get to working out, and as the matter of fact, I've promised myself that I'm going to work out over the weekend. I'm planning on outdoor jogs around our park.

Is this a novel or what? Later!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Kappy - youve hit the nail on the head, being manically busy is really helping whilst im biding my time, hes coming back on leave on the 15th November fingers crossed, yey!! I hope I can continue working in the industry when I go to Scotland, fingers crossed it all works well!!
Lekhika - no discounts, but there are often sneaky perks like being able to go on board for free lunches, yum yum!! Good to hear your hubby is home too, lucky you!
So not much new, eating has been good, no crisps no chocolate this week, though my lunch yesterday was vv.v.v.v calorific chicken and chips, whoops!! But i didnt let it mess up the rest of my day so thats good. Exercise has been nil this week, but im hoping with the good eating it will be ok. Fingers crossed for a loss on Monday! Have a good weekend ladies!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #57  

I am In!!!!!
willba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Today was Weigh in Day and I'm down to #185.1 - a #3.4 loss. WOO HOO!!!

November's goal is #178 - so only #8 to go in 3 weeks.. totally doable! It's going to be a good day
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #59  

Well I updated my ticker. When I weighed in on Friday at curves I was 5 lbs heavier. Yuk! It took me this long to update it (I was in denial). I'm not going to change my other ticker as I hope to lose it fast!!!!
On a happy note I weighed myself at home this am (just what I said I wasn't going to do till the end of the month, but I couldn't resist..lol) I am down to 158. Thats 2lbs this week. I've worked very hard this week making it to curves everyday and counting calories. It all pays off!! If only I will stick to it this time!!!!

Last edited by soon2beslim; 11-09-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

WTG enygirly, thats an amazing loss!!

Great additude soon2beslim - keep on trucking! Well im just doing time til i can go home, not feeling the love for work this afternoon feeling distracted and kind of twitchy. The friday feeling is hitting hard !! Have a good weekend everyone
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote