Old 11-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #16  
move it

Welcome Enygirl and welcome back soon2beslim!

Lekhika, those leg weights really change it up, don't they? I hope you didn't hurt your ankle too much. I think I'm going to drop down to a 1-pound weight for the next couple of workouts, then go back up gradually so I don't do the same thing.

Shari, good for you on resisting those urges. It's those little things we do everyday that add up to lasting weight loss.

I'm frustrated with my own weight loss right now. My weight has gone back up about 1.5 pounds, but my intake and exercise seems to be right on target. So what gives? This is one of those frustrating plateaus.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:18 AM   #17  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

My morning has started out fantastic. I went to bed with a raging headache last night, the pain woke me up at 3 am and I could barely get back to sleep. Then, being my usual stupid self, I decided to call my bank's hotline to see how much my check was: $255. Oh wow! THAT's definitely going to cover my bills! What's the ****ing point of me switching to nights?! I went to nights knowing that I was going to be getting paid more and assuming that my check would look like my BFF's check, over $300. But NOOOOO! Not for Shari. This is what I get. I should have know it won't go right. I called payroll and basically, I do get paid more hourly, but my checks are going to basically stay the same. Taxes. Huh. ****!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Jasonslea - way to go girl, that is fantastic, by the way your not alone, that is totally by style too, as soon as I get down or stressed, yep in my mouth it goes!! Huge standing ovation for you from me!!
No workout today so far, eating had been good, but just had a slice of chocolate gateau as someone brought it into work. But its not all bad, as I was at a workshop all day and there was chocolate cake there all day, and I didnt have any because I knew the birthday girl was bringing cake in. So im pretty pleased that I planned for a treat and enjoyed it.
My aim is to eat clean over the weekend and do some exercise, weekends are usually where i completly cheat and ruin my weeks hard work.
Have a good weekend ladies!!

STILL no FSA..... where are you?!?!?
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi All,

I joined 3FC last week. I have proudly dropped 13lbs in the last couple of months. The first month I was working out 2 or 3 times a week and not watching what I was eating. During October I started working out 3 or 4 times a week and started to watch my calorie intake, and I think that is when the majority of the 13 pounds dropped off.

I find the calorie watching so helpful! I know how much I need to work out, and I know if I have extra calories left over at the end of the day, I can eat more if I want. I have found I can eat just about anything in moderation as long as I am willing to give up something else, for example do I swap the fries for rice and then I can have a yogurt ice cream later? Or stick with the fries?

I want to lose 10lbs by the end of the months. That would be ideal, but I would be very happy with 8 pounds. The reason for the high amount this month is very shallow, an ‘acquaintance’ is coming back to town, she is a big girl like me and she seems to like to point out and ridicule my size whenever we are out in a social Group. I think she thinks that if she gets people to focus on my weight they won’t focus on hers. I don’t say anything back because I don’t want to hurt her feelings! Why? She doesn’t seem to take my feelings into consideration.

I will try and weigh in as close to the end of the month as possible. I have no scales so I have to use the ones at the Gym.

Anyway, off to the Gym now for an aerobics class, I am actually feeling rather excited about it which is a very new sensation!

Good luck everyone! We can all do it!

November 1st: 172lbs
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:56 PM   #20  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Enygirl

A loss is a loss. I know that you're participating in a contest of sorts but try not to get too wrapped up in the scale. Because, I can tell you from my experience, the scale is pure unadulterated evil and it has a will of its own sometimes.

Seasoning

My ankle, it turns out, isn't really hurt. I think the weight was just too much too soon. I will need to modify the intensity of my workout keeping the extra weight in mind. Who knew that 4 extra pounds would make such a difference.

Piggin
I thikn that's what we all have to learn in order to maintain....in reality you can't just give up sweets for LIFE....it's gotta be saved for a once in while treat. A special occasion...good for you for realizing and waiting!

Don't ruin your weeks work by having a crappy food weekend! Stay strong!

dubh
Congratulations on the loss! Here's to more loss and healthy living!

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts!

Me? Well, it's going to be a busy weekend and I was not at all in the mood to work out but my husband said....just do 15 minutes. It worked...I got on the treadmill and worked out the full 45! So many thanks to my sweet husband because of whom I didn't miss my work out!

I'm going to do at least 1 5minute work outs on Saturday and Sunday.

Boo ya ladies!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Lekhika - thank you for your words of wisdom! honestly, I only get on the scale for our weekly weigh ins - and it is nice to see a loss... It's just frustrating to see someone else not doing near what you are and they're winning each week... grrr slow metabolism!

I'm loving working out at home - DD tries to do it with me when she's still up - it's adorable! (she's 5) It'll be a slow process I'm sure.. but I'm having more fun with this everyday, and the cravings are gone for the most part.

I think the hardest part honestly is having to watch so closely what I'm putting into my mouth, because I decided to quit smoking 3 days after I decided that I want to be about 2/3 the woman I was

In my life - if it's not high stress - it's not worth doing
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 130/128/120

Height: 5'4"

My goal: five lbs by thanksgiving.
Reward: I can actually have pumpkin pie with Thanksgiving dinner!
And go shopping on black friday for some new clothes...
tyger1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

I'm up for November challenge. I'll try to lose 5 pounds by end of November.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #24  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

hi there all
I've just joined this fabulous website and decided to celebrate that with a goal for November. Looking at all your goals has given me courage, although I think I'll start with baby steps. I will do my best to lose 4 pounds this month.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #25  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

My goal is to reach the 170s and get back on track. It's been a trainwreck since school started.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #26  
move it

Welcome kasmin, Grazer, and tyger 1225!

Hi sock, nice to see you back. I hear you on the school thing. Pretty hard to hold a diet, hunh?

I'm barely hanging on until I take my exam on Thursday. After that, I'm going to clean my house like a crazy woman!
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

I'm game. I just joined and my Goal for December 15 is to be down 19# to 175# so my goal for November will be to be down to 180# I just started so I know that I will have a large fluid loss, as I retain alot of fluid. I will also set a goal of doing 30 minutes on my treadmill, and ab lounge 5 times a week.

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:51 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 174/153/120

Height: 5'6

i would like to join! I would love to lose 7-8 pounds this month.
Mistie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #29  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I am joining in a few days late this time around....nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones as well. My goal this month is to get back on track.
My weight went up and down so much last month...I don't think I ended up loosing anything by the end of it. I have a New Year's resolution to have lost 60 lbs by Jan 1/2008, so I have about 15 lbs to go. A tall order based on my last couple of months, but I am determined to acheive that goal. So, I am commiting to 5 cardio a week, 5 strength a week, and much better food choices. I have really enjoyed jogging in the afternoons after work. I hope the weather stays nice so that I can keep that up for a couple more weeks.
Lets get this month going with some major weight loss ladies!!
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

I think its time for either a new battery for my scales or new scales, this morning I had gained 6lbs in a matter of seconds and lost it again, bizarre!!! So not sure what my weight was this morning, Im going to get a new battery and try it out tomorrow!! Grrrrr!!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote